Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Black Zone

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 25,042  ·  Replies: 28 
> Introducing your new Admin, New potential changes to the site
Tessou
    Posted: Mar 29 2012, 05:53 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

It's been a long and painful negotiation process, but the red tape has been cleared and IDW now belongs to yours truly.

I've already made some slight changes to the board, and cropped out a few things that I felt were unnecessary. These are all minor fixes that will help pave the way for the new site design that will be starting up just as soon as the bugs are worked out. Right now IDW is running on IPB 1.3.1, which is ancient by today's standards, and I absolutely refuse to let that continue (for very long, at least). We will be transferring to the sleek, sexy IPB 3.3 (the latest version), which will offer a wonderful set of new features that members can enjoy.

That said, I'm incredibly glad to introduce myself as the new owner and administrator of Initial D World Forums, and all other sites running under the GO2ID umbrella. A fair amount of you probably already know me and my experiences here. Perhaps you like my history here, perhaps you don't. I've taken many months off from the site to reflect upon everything I've done, and find what I have determined to be my true purpose. That purpose is to take this site and move it into the future. Yes, I'm admin, but I don't consider myself a moderator. I'm leaving those duties (for the most part) to the mod team, and keeping myself vested in improving the infrastructure of the site. It's already happening, too. You'll start noticing subtle changes throughout the site, even on pages you thought were dead, on a frequent basis. The store, for instance, is going to be updated with some exciting new options very soon. You thought DPs were worthless? Not anymore. Remember the propositions for physical IDW merchandise? They're becoming a reality. Design templates are being reviewed as I type this. Now put both concepts together. smile.gif

So what's on the horizon? Right now, I have a moderation team refresh on the table, which the site has been in need of for years, set for April 5th. That gives me a week to accept and review potential candidates to fill out the new team. Note that my personal relations with other members does not guarantee a mod spot. I am basing this new administration on a lack of bias, so the buddy system cannot apply here. I am looking for four members to step up to the plate and show me that they can handle the responsibility. Remember, a friend card is not enough. You will need a conscience and maturity. No trolling. No bullying. No disrespect to the board or its membership. I will waste no time in revoking mod badges from those that prove themselves unworthy of the privilege.

Also on the table: donor rewards! Instead of just a pat on the back, I have put in rewards based on donation amounts, with a wonderful gift awarded to the member that donates the most to IDW before July 1. The significance of this date will be made clear in the near future, as it looms closer. As for donation rewards, members will receive unique IDW-themed gifts depending on how much they donate. At $5, you would receive a keychain, for instance, while the $25 level would get a t-shirt. I'm still ironing out what will happen at higher levels.

Show me what you've got, folks, and we'll pave the way to a new and improved IDW.

So say we all,
///Tessou///
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 09:47 AM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

I, for one, welcome our new Potara overlord.
Smikey
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 11:07 AM

dafuq
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MAYOR
Member No.: 14,329

Oh, this will be good. :popcorn:
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Wanderer
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 11:48 AM

The Watcher

Member No.: 35,816

Hmm, seems I chose a good day to become an active member. Now I have two overloards in two different realms. I'm curious as to the changes coming though. rolleyes.gif
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 11:56 AM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

Congratulations Tessou. I look forward to the changes that you have planned. I have a feeling that you are going to take IDW to new places. One question though, will Perry still be in charge of WME?
Tessou
  Posted: Mar 29 2012, 12:11 PM

Group Icon

As Perry has transferred ownership of the entire GO2ID family to my name, I am in control of all of his sites. As I do not frequent WME very often, I will be granting admin status to prominent members of the WME community in the near future.

In the meantime, WME will not change as my attention is focused on IDW. It will see changes later, but it's not a priority at this time.
Smikey
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 12:22 PM

dafuq
Group Icon

QUOTE (Tessou @ 10 minutes, 46 seconds ago)
As Perry has transferred ownership of the entire GO2ID family to my name, I am in control of all of his sites. As I do not frequent WME very often, I will be granting admin status to prominent members of the WME community in the near future.

In the meantime, WME will not change as my attention is focused on IDW. It will see changes later, but it's not a priority at this time.

Oh. Ho. Ho. Ho.
Wanderer
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 12:33 PM

The Watcher

Member No.: 35,816

QUOTE (Tessou @ 21 minutes, 15 seconds ago)

Oh dear sweet baby Jesus, don't change WME, if you do, please just make the mod able to ban the idiots.
Tessou
  Posted: Mar 29 2012, 01:24 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (ATRUM_Neto @ 51 minutes, 48 seconds ago)
Oh dear sweet baby Jesus, don't change WME, if you do, please just make the mod able to ban the idiots.

I'm looking into this right now.
Lebon14
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 01:39 PM

🎧

Member No.: 18,005

*Looks at date*
Won't believe anything until April 2nd.

Sorry for that. I reserve myself of doubting this decision until that date. This just smell "April's Fool" too much for now.
If it comes to be really real, after said date, I'll be grateful to work by your side.

Btw, I do respect all decisions made if it's real and I apologise in advance for doubting.
Smikey
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 01:58 PM

dafuq
Group Icon

QUOTE (Lebon14 @ 19 minutes, 26 seconds ago)
*Looks at date*
Won't believe anything until April 2nd.

Sorry for that. I reserve myself of doubting this decision until that date. This just smell "April's Fool" too much for now.
If it comes to be really real, after said date, I'll be grateful to work by your side.

Btw, I do respect all decisions made if it's real and I apologise in advance for doubting.

Why would you post that in public eye? Questioning your own peer. Not very professional, any doubts you may have had should be addressed on a more private venue. Then on April 2nd you can apologize in the same said private venue and save more face that was never in the public's eye.
Lebon14
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 02:12 PM

🎧

QUOTE (Smikey @ 14 minutes, 30 seconds ago)
Why would you post that in public eye? Questioning your own peer. Not very professional, any doubts you may have had should be addressed on a more private venue. Then on April 2nd you can apologize in the same said private venue and save more face that was never in the public's eye.

I didn't deem this worth to be private. Like I said, I'm holding my breath and congratulations until April 2nd just in case. I don't like to be fooled.

I'm not questionning my own peer/admin. It's just that the timing for this is a bit odd since the April's Fools is near. I hate to be tricked so it's just natural, at least, for me to wait a bit. And, I didn't mean to be unprofessional by saying this here. I just don't want to keep those thoughts of mine private, that's all.
Smikey
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 02:14 PM

dafuq
Group Icon

QUOTE (Lebon14 @ 1 minute, 48 seconds ago)
I didn't deem this worth to be private. Like I said, I'm holding my breath and congratulations until April 2nd just in case. I don't like to be fooled.

I'm not questionning my own peer/admin. It's just that the timing for this is a bit odd since the April's Fools is near. I hate to be tricked so it's just natural, at least, for me to wait a bit. And, I didn't mean to be unprofessional by saying this here. I just don't want to keep those thoughts of mine private, that's all.

If you were "holding your breath" you would have simply not posted at all.

The thing is you didn't wait you simply posted something so brash. If you were holding your breath though, those thoughts would have remained private. :"
APX
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 02:20 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

Welp, there goes my mod spot. sad.gif
MetalMan777
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 02:32 PM

Snooping as usual

Member No.: 32,588

Before you ask, no, I'm not interested in becoming a mod.
AkiraKeals
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 03:04 PM

Shmuck

Group: Banned
Member No.: 38,387

this has to be april fools awesome.gif
Nerubian
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 03:19 PM

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Member No.: 36,931

Is Tessou the "real" first member?
Lebon14
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 03:51 PM

🎧

QUOTE (Smikey @ 1 hour, 36 minutes ago)
If you were "holding your breath" you would have simply not posted at all.

The thing is you didn't wait you simply posted something so brash. If you were holding your breath though, those thoughts would have remained private. :"

Argh. Not in that way. Holding my breath as in "wait and see before jumping to conclusions". But that doesn't mean that I should keep my thoughts for myself. Anyway, let's move on.
kyonpalm
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 04:24 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Cactus @ 1 hour, 51 minutes ago)
Before you ask, no, I'm not interested in becoming a mod.

Post of the Thread™
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Tessou
  Posted: Mar 29 2012, 04:29 PM

Group Icon

None of the current mod team will have to worry about working alongside me because I'm refreshing the team on the 5th.

Have your doubts. The proximity is coincidental, but I will make you see.
APX
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 06:27 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

Can we ban akira? Pleazzzze
Smikey
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 03:43 PM

dafuq
Group Icon

QUOTE (APX @ Yesterday, 7:27 PM)
Can we ban akira? Pleazzzze

This. OMFG This.
kyonpalm
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 03:44 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

user posted image

https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=44110

This post has been edited by kyonpalm on Mar 30 2012, 03:44 PM
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Smikey
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 03:47 PM

dafuq
Group Icon

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 2 minutes, 50 seconds ago)
http://i.minus.com/jXUOyhLP7dQuX.gif

https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=44110

I was at work. sad.gif
JKaiba
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 06:03 PM

Alias The J'

Member No.: 16,596

All I can say is- It's about damn time!

2 Pages  1 2