Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (WMMT3 OST) Shrewd Critic

Views: 12,014  ·  Replies: 11 
> New Management, Details about the transition
Perry
    Posted: Mar 28 2012, 08:41 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

As some of you have noticed, member Tessou has acquired IDW. It is my utmost honor to make this one last announcement. It has been a fun ride managing IDW for over a decade. Most said it is a boring task but I found joy in it. However, the time has come and I see it as an opportunity to seek new ways to utilize the skills I have acquired through managing the site.

As far as I know, there won't be drastic changes. However, that will be up to the new management to decide. I will completely resign from management. I might help out with the technical aspects of the site if it requires.

With that said, please welcome your new administrator. smile.gif

* exit stage *

///Happy April Fools!!

This post has been edited by Perry on Apr 14 2012, 12:27 AM
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Perry
  Posted: Mar 28 2012, 08:42 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

Edit to note: I am still the owner of idforums.net domain. I am currently in the process of transferring the ownership to Tessou.
Wanderer
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 11:13 PM

The Watcher

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 35,816

Not a departure from the forum itself I hope? unsure.gif
Tessou
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 02:28 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Perry will not be leaving the site. He is merely stepping down as admin, and I'm keeping him around as counsel and site maintenance queries.

Inaugural introduction to come later today. IDW still belongs to Perry in the meantime.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 01:32 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

Excuse me for being late in making this post.

Perry, it's been great time having you as administrator of one of the best forums I have ever seen on the net. IDW, as I have mentioned several times in the past, is really an Internet home-away-from-home for me, it being the first net-based community I ever became a part of. It's been quite a ride, these three and a half years, and I've enjoyed every moment. Even when activity was low, there was always time in my day to check this site multiple times. I can't tell you how much fun I had from late 2008 to late 2009 with all you guys. The IRC chats, radio shows (of the eronight variety and otherwise) are times I honestly tell you I look back on very happily. To hear that you are stepping down as administrator and head of the Initial D World name is surely the biggest news in this site's 10 year history. I hope that the new administration can help lead this community toward times as great as 2007/2008 was. I'm sure activity will skyrocket at some point, with the announcement of some new Initial D-related thing (be it Fifth Stage or something different) and I'd hate for you to be missing in action during that time.

Thank you for your innumerable contributions to this wonderful community, for some of the best times I've had on the net, and your friendship. Here's to the future.

-Zach
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 04:22 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

The only things I worry about is what effect this will have on radio management, and what will happen when this move to the new IPB software happens. Perry I've known for many years and talked with at length about various parts of managing IDW's various services. I'd trust him with anything.

Tessou, it's not that I don't respect you, but I just don't have a grasp of how much of these aspects you understand. As such, I have no problem with you as administrator or staff in general, I merely worry about the more nitty-gritty technical aspects involved with managing the DNS and the VPS.

That's all I have to say about the move.
Wanderer
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 04:33 PM

The Watcher

QUOTE (Tessou @ Mar 29 2012, 02:28 AM)
Perry will not be leaving the site. He is merely stepping down as admin, and I'm keeping him around as counsel and site maintenance queries.

Inaugural introduction to come later today. IDW still belongs to Perry in the meantime.

Which is exactly why he said this Nomake.happy.gif
kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 05:16 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (ATRUM_Neto @ 42 minutes, 52 seconds ago)
Which is exactly why he said this Nomake.happy.gif

Yep, I was just going to mention that. It won't be right away, but pretty soon, according to Tessou.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 06:22 PM

ShiMACHaze

Still, mentioning that Perry was handing over all the registration stuff made me worried. Guess it was unwarranted?
Wanderer
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 06:34 PM

The Watcher

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 12 minutes, 18 seconds ago)
Still, mentioning that Perry was handing over all the registration stuff made me worried. Guess it was unwarranted?

You sell a beloved car to a friend, who promises to take the car to the same mechanic for repairs, would you worry about it? You would, but mainly about how he drives it. Seems the same could go for this power change. Just a thought. happy.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 07:03 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (ATRUM_Neto @ 28 minutes, 55 seconds ago)
You sell a beloved car to a friend, who promises to take the car to the same mechanic for repairs, would you worry about it? You would, but mainly about how he drives it. Seems the same could go for this power change. Just a thought. happy.gif

Depends on the friend and the car. Most of my cars I do my own work on unless it's something like a transmission repair. wink2.gif

But that's just me being anal. I knew what you meant.
Alastair
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 07:19 PM

SNTS

Member No.: 27,312

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 16 minutes, 30 seconds ago)

But that's just me being anal. I knew what you meant.

Hah he said anal it's funny cause gay joke. awesome.gif