Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Mega NRG Man - Transmission

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 9,317  ·  Replies: 52 
> How would Keisuke and Takumi do in the Pro's, at the end of fifth stage they turned pro's
r35gtr
  Posted: Jan 25 2016, 01:31 AM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,063

QUOTE (xiao @ Jan 21 2016, 09:50 PM)
Tomo's got a nervous tick... he keeps rubbing his nose! xD

Otherwise, Tomoyuki is one of my favourite characters in the series; simply cause of his emotional progression as a character. Started out saying meh to the Todo Juku Pops, and ended up having lots of fun technially messing around with Tak~

Granted Takumi had some sort of progression himself; but he's as exciting as snails riding a slow-mo machine.

If that weasel did not cross the road. Tomo would have won. Takumi is just very lucky during that battle.

If it were a closed circuit course on a flat area, tomo would beat takumi

-LOL. Don't even. I may be a lot more humble than I was, but I'm also a realist. When I say I'm not fast, it's because I'm actually not that fast. laugh2.gif laugh2.gif -

guys who like to say they are fast are usaly the slow ones. be wary of the silent type who says he "is just ok"

This post has been edited by r35gtr on Jan 25 2016, 01:34 AM
Rossriders
Posted: Jan 25 2016, 03:22 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 4,699

QUOTE (xiao @ Jan 23 2016, 03:17 AM)

I wish Funi would release 5th and Final with the same lack of care they had for Fourth Stage... Shinigami Rin would probably have a super low pitch Barry White voice, which would totally make me spray soda all over my screen everytime I'd watch it~ laugh.gif

Still better than the Tokyopop ...debacle.

Far as how the two would actually perform?

Besides how we'd have to actually see that happen (which will not happen anytime soon), I can't say.

But since this is 'what if?' here's my baseless speculation.

For starters there's a matter of how they'll begin their careers in the professional circuit. Not to mention what they'll be aiming for which can be many things.

Super Taikyu could be a potential 'start' depending on things. If assuming they would stick to racing on tarmac, it could progress up to and including Japan Super GT (GT300 then 500 or even jump to GT500), or a Formula series.

How they would fair would really boil down to how they'd deal with their competition. Granted there's always going to be very skilled and unskilled drivers but to even survive or get employment is a case by case basis.

For someone like Keisuke, I personally picture him doing production sports cars from Super Taikyu to even making up to Prototype racing, such as the Asian Le-mans series...

Or even up to the likes of an LMP1 team such as Toyota (I'd include Nissan but nissan axed that...thanks Nissan for snuffing out a flame before it could really start)...

Or even pursue Formula style racing, maybe get a shot at F1, or even Indycar.

Hell we could make a humor based episode if there was NASCAR race in Japan and Keisuke decided to give that a shot.

Much of what I already rambled, though he'd have to accept a certain reality...

Sooner or later he'll loose because there's almost always someone better.

Even applying to the likes of Sebsatian Loeb or any other very, very very hard to defeat racer.

I'd be curious how he'd accept that, or even better...how'd he's do everything legal and sportmanlike to not lose only to find it can't be avoided for reasons.

We'd have to see...or just speculate...or write fanfiction...I dunno.

eh...what the hell am I even trying to say?
r35gtr
  Posted: Jan 25 2016, 07:13 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 46,063

I think for the first few years, seasoned pro's would walk over the two.

one of the " street racer's" advantage is the fear of the "oncoming traffic"

this was shown by Kyoichi in stage two. and again this was shown by Kai on his rematch with Takumi on the 5th stage.

always, the circuit trained/ pro racers have the fear of hitting oncoming traffic. but since they will battle it out on a closed circuit where there is no oncoming traffic, ONe of Keisuke's and Takmi's major advantage would be eliminated. so the pro racers can go all out against the two
xiao
Posted: Jan 26 2016, 01:46 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (Rossriders @ Yesterday, 5:22 PM)
Even applying to the likes of Sebsatian Loeb or any other very, very very hard to defeat racer.

I always thought that Takumi would make an excellent WRC driver, and Keisuke likewise for JGTC.

I wonder who'd be a good Navi for the both of them respectively though? smile.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
The Sixth Element
Posted: Jan 27 2016, 01:14 AM

matter intangible

Member No.: 44,779

QUOTE (xiao @ Yesterday, 1:46 AM)
I always thought that Takumi would make an excellent WRC driver, and Keisuke likewise for JGTC.

I wonder who'd be a good Navi for the both of them respectively though? smile.gif

Takumi would rather be sponsored a lot by Hoonigan, Monster, Rockstar, etc. like Ken Block or Tanner Faust while Keisuke could be like Lewis Hamilton or some other Touring Car racer.
xiao
Posted: Jan 27 2016, 08:17 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (The Sixth Element)
Takumi would rather be sponsored a lot by Hoonigan, Monster, Rockstar, etc. like Ken Block or Tanner Faust while Keisuke could be like Lewis Hamilton or some other Touring Car racer.

To be honest... I think Takumi's an airhead, he'd drive race-boats if the wind is going that direction; Keisuke's got an overabundance of pride and pouts like a princess~ XD

If anyone could be a legend, it'd be Ryosuke. But he's got a spiffy office at his father's hospital and/or a cushy internship at Doctors w/o Borders to let something as trivial as racing cloud his head~ sad.gif
The Sixth Element
Posted: Jan 27 2016, 11:00 AM

matter intangible

QUOTE (xiao @ 2 hours, 42 minutes ago)

To be honest... I think Takumi's an airhead, he'd drive race-boats if the wind is going that direction; Keisuke's got an overabundance of pride and pouts like a princess~ XD

If anyone could be a legend, it'd be Ryosuke. But he's got a spiffy office at his father's hospital and/or a cushy internship at Doctors w/o Borders to let something as trivial as racing cloud his head~ sad.gif

Ryosuke would've gone to Tokyo and joined the Wangan Highway with the BlackBird. (Work and Racing)
sushiyummy32
Posted: Jan 27 2016, 11:43 AM

DotA Kiwi

Member No.: 45,824

QUOTE (The Sixth Element @ 43 minutes, 32 seconds ago)

If anyone could be a legend, it'd be Ryosuke. But he's got a spiffy office at his father's hospital and/or a cushy internship at Doctors w/o Borders to let something as trivial as racing cloud his head~ sad.gif [/QUOTE]
Ryosuke would've gone to Tokyo and joined the Wangan Highway with the BlackBird. (Work and Racing)

user posted imageuser posted image

Close nough.
xiao
Posted: Jan 27 2016, 12:35 PM

moon bunny

Y'all haven't seen Seventh Stage yet!?

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 576. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

awesome.gif
sushiyummy32
Posted: Jan 27 2016, 10:49 PM

DotA Kiwi

Member No.: 45,824

Initial D:Hidden stage
The Sixth Element
Posted: Jan 28 2016, 12:12 PM

matter intangible

I can imagine a Custom Body FC3S with a Supercharger cruising down the highway at 300 Kmph. In fact, the event with Shinigami R-32 would've been the first sightings of it. Who knows. Matsumoto might've battled with BlackBird or Z. (why call it Zed) sleep.gif
Seri
Posted: Jan 28 2016, 12:21 PM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

It's not like that hasn't happened already.

YOUTUBE ( https://youtu.be/R0JQePtsv_I )
Meteor
Posted: Jan 28 2016, 02:21 PM

Were you expecting something else?

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 20,929

If the Fifth Stage anime is any indication, Takumi and Keisuke will just teleport all over the place because that's how driving fast works, and the pros will be completely baffled, and some of them will wonder how Takumi gets so much traction out of an FR as if good setups, sticky tires, smooth steering combined with good footwork and "not setting the diff to lock too hard and send too much power to the outside wheel" are completely alien concepts to them.
Except for those one or two other pros that also just teleport all over the place while every 10 seconds of racing the camera cuts to dull 5 minute static shots of the peanut gallery saying little of interest. But then they'll break a wing or slam their brakes mid-corner like a complete amateur or something.

Being more serious though, the double aces would at least be middle of the pack at the start. There would be a few pros nearly or just as skilled as them who have more experience with everything circuit racing entails, and there would be pros whose driving abilities are better than the average person's but not truly great. They'd only do any worse than that if they messed up on pit strategies and tire use or if they had trouble coming up with good setups. As far as setups are concerned they've both attained experience telling the mechanics exactly what could be better, so they probably wouldn't do too bad on those even if they didn't have absolute geniuses overseeing their setups for them. As far as tires go that's one area where Takumi might have slight problems, because he's been used to a much lighter car with relatively little power that's been pretty forgiving when it comes to aggressive driving, but he'd know driving 100% all the time would be a pretty bad decision and his inputs are smooth enough to slightly minimize tire wear even when he has to push it, so it might not be too much of an issue for him. And pitting strategies may be the one thing they'd need to get the hang of as it'd be completely unfamiliar to them, but it's likely they wouldn't make particularly ill-thought-out strategies, and all this assumes whichever racing series either one ends up in even has pitting strategies or pit stops at all.

And of course, all this is assuming circuit racing. Both Takumi and Keisuke could easily kick all sorts of ass in rally or hillclimbs.

So yeah, I wouldn't expect them to be champions right away, but they'd have a decent start so long as they aren't stuck with cars way slower than the competition's (most of their competition wouldn't be slouches in the driving department, making differences in car performance matter more) or have trouble with their setups (a lot of the cars would be similar in baseline performance, so having the better setup could easily provide a significant advantage).

EDIT:
------------------------------
I can imagine a Custom Body FC3S with a Supercharger

FC3S with a Supercharger

Supercharger

People still completely misinterpret that one line and think Ryousuke had a supercharger installed on a rotary? It wouldn't even be useful in this case. Superchargers need torque to run properly (because they don't just run off exhaust gases like turbos do) and rotary engines generally aren't known for torque. Supercharged rotary builds aren't impossible, but the work it'd take just wouldn't be worth it when the twin turbo that's already in his FC has very little lag (make that practically no lag because he's also good at keeping the revs up), could simply have the boost raised on it, would be much easier for them to work with in general, and is probably quite a bit lighter than whatever sort of supercharger would be required for a rotary.

This post has been edited by Meteor on Jan 28 2016, 04:38 PM
xiao
Posted: Jan 28 2016, 09:48 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Meteor)
Takumi and Keisuke will just teleport...

They're Jumpers I tell you, Jumpers!!! ph34r.gif

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2048 x 1152. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

(why call it Zed) sleep.gif

But you saw it... it's the Devil Zed!

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vQ2nWDQaiQ )

awesome.gif
The Sixth Element
Posted: Jan 28 2016, 10:00 PM

matter intangible

QUOTE (Meteor @ 7 hours, 39 minutes ago)
People still completely misinterpret that one line and think Ryousuke had a supercharger installed on a rotary? It wouldn't even be useful in this case. Superchargers need torque to run properly (because they don't just run off exhaust gases like turbos do) and rotary engines generally aren't known for torque. Supercharged rotary builds aren't impossible, but the work it'd take just wouldn't be worth it when the twin turbo that's already in his FC has very little lag (make that practically no lag because he's also good at keeping the revs up), could simply have the boost raised on it, would be much easier for them to work with in general, and is probably quite a bit lighter than whatever sort of supercharger would be required for a rotary.

Then what exactly was it trying to convey? Was Shingeno just smoking some bad weed or what?

(Also the new movie is absolutely bullshit. How does Takumi start up a car that is a manual by turning the key? Its utter bullshit mad.gif )
Meteor
Posted: Jan 29 2016, 01:06 AM

Then what exactly was it trying to convey?

Here's how that little exchange breaks down. Ryousuke calls Matsumoto, Matsumoto jokingly asks if he's thinking of throwing a supercharger on the 86, and then Ryousuke clarifies that he's calling about getting his FC tuned, causing Matsumoto to exclaim "The FC?!" in surprise. That's all.
The thing about a supercharger was simply Matsumoto being funny and was specifically in regards to the 86, and nothing is said about supercharging the FC. The only reason anyone interpreted it that way was because instead of just showing what Ryousuke said in detail, the story just cut to Matsumoto's reaction to snappily get the point across - a simple and not uncommon writing trick that can help make a scene more fast-paced.
Snowflake172
Posted: Jan 29 2016, 02:37 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 45,542

QUOTE (The Sixth Element @ Yesterday, 10:00 PM)
Then what exactly was it trying to convey? Was Shingeno just smoking some bad weed or what?

(Also the new movie is absolutely bullshit. How does Takumi start up a car that is a manual by turning the key? Its utter bullshit mad.gif )

How stupid can one be? facepalm.gif You don't need to press the clutch when you start a Japanese car with a manual transmission. This only applies to Japanese cars in Japan.
Seri
Posted: Jan 29 2016, 02:52 PM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,610

That's not stupid, that's just uniformed. I didn't know this either.
Spaz
Posted: Feb 1 2016, 07:49 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,193

If the car's in neutral you don't need to touch the clutch. Newer cars may require the clutch switch be disconnected to do this (I've done so in my Evo) but it's definitely possible.
Falbere
Posted: Feb 1 2016, 09:40 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

So you don't need to do anything except turning the key. Nice. Didn't know that.
xiao
Posted: Feb 1 2016, 01:21 PM

moon bunny

Every car needs an F-14 flip-switch ignition~

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: unknown. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

cool.gif (cookies)

This post has been edited by xiao on Feb 2 2016, 02:05 AM
Tessou
Posted: Feb 2 2016, 11:16 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (Snowflake172 @ Jan 29 2016, 06:37 PM)
How stupid can one be? facepalm.gif You don't need to press the clutch when you start a Japanese car with a manual transmission. This only applies to Japanese cars in Japan.

Next time, be more constructive in your response. There's no need to be a jerk just because you perceive another member as "stupid" in not knowing some relatively obscure fact. I'm watching you.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Snowflake172
Posted: Feb 2 2016, 01:06 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 45,542

QUOTE (Tessou @ 1 hour, 50 minutes ago)
Next time, be more constructive in your response. There's no need to be a jerk just because you perceive another member as "stupid" in not knowing some relatively obscure fact. I'm watching you.

Sorry, just trying to be more like you. And watch me if you like. Do you want me to send you a pic of me too, tough boy?
Tessou
Posted: Feb 2 2016, 01:15 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

You do realize you're talking to an admin, right?
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Meteor
Posted: Feb 2 2016, 01:16 PM

Hey guys, do we bring out the popcorn now? I mean this is already more interesting than how Initial D anime's been after OB Planning stopped being involved.

3 Pages  1 2 3