Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Days

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,997  ·  Replies: 11 
> Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice
BOZZ
  Posted: Dec 3 2015, 09:55 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,414

I wonder why we haven't started a specific thread about this movie (I know there's a thread somewhere talking about the new bat suit but no thread just about the movie itself).

Anyhow, as I am sure some of you have noticed, another trailer came out for this movie within the past day or so. I've watched it a couple times already and I got to say this trailer has me convinced that it's going to be a pretty good movie.

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fis-9Zqu2Ro )

What do you guys think? Does it have you convinced that it'll be a good flick...? The only downside I saw to the trailer is that it gave away too much. I think they should've gone The Force Awakens route and not given so much away.
Posted: Dec 3 2015, 10:11 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

my judgement of the movie is 3/10, 10 being awesome. i hated the previous 2013 destruction derby superman. that being said, it falls in line with what i expected from the new movie as soon as i heard there would be a new movie with same director/writer. the last great superman movie IMO (aside from the original one) was made in 2006.

the most recent one had horrible story centered in the great plywood city of metropolis. adding those 2 heroes aside from superman doesnt help its case. its likely to be another mindless destruction derby. the only reason why id give it a 3/10 is due to the appearance of the near immortal superman has to deal with. hopefully he can beat all 3 heroes in the end of the movie. id find it rather interesting to see a movie with a "bad" ending for the good guys and this screams it out.

its rather out of the classic mindset if superman's current character is overcome with power. id rather see a benevolent superman who is less more prone to violence and doesnt destroy anything he touches. wow, both the director and writer are the same as the 2013 movie facepalm.gif . for some reason, Ben Affleck doesnt fit the role of Batman.

This post has been edited by 207 on Dec 3 2015, 10:23 PM
r35gtr
Posted: Dec 7 2015, 11:30 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,063

I am a fan and I love it. can't wait for this movie to come out
BOZZ
  Posted: Apr 2 2016, 01:09 PM

So, has anyone actually watched Batman vs Superman? I seriously can't be the only one on IDW who saw it tongue.gif.

I just watched it last night and am not quite sure of how I feel about it, on one hand I enjoyed it (didn't find it boring at all), but on the other hand it had quite a few glaring plot holes.

My main issues with the movie were pretty much as follows:

SPOILER

Aside from my issues with the film I enjoyed the fights in the movie, they were really good, but I did come away with an understanding as to why some people despise Michael Bay's work on Transformers and the Ninja Turtles. Zack Snyder needs to be kept FAR FAR away from the planned Batman movie and Justice League movies and this comes from someone who loved his adaptation of Watchmen.

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Apr 2 2016, 03:20 PM
APX
Posted: Apr 2 2016, 06:47 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

SPOILER

It was a great movie, great start for a great franchise of a new assemble of heroes, that's all that matters.
BOZZ
  Posted: Apr 2 2016, 07:01 PM

QUOTE (APX @ 14 minutes, 28 seconds ago)
SPOILER

It was a great movie, great start for a great franchise of a new assemble of heroes, that's all that matters.

SPOILER

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Apr 2 2016, 07:02 PM
Posted: Apr 2 2016, 08:52 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (BOZZ @ 1 hour, 50 minutes ago)
SPOILER

i havent seen the movie but ive seen all the spoilers

SPOILER
W.A.R
Posted: Apr 4 2016, 06:23 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 11,318

It was an okay if you just happy to see the actors in a real action movie. The story it self is something that I could really care less about.

If I were to rate it, I would give it 4/10 and I'm being nice.

Action was good but it could have been better.

You want a good Batman Vs Superman Movie watch this, you cant beat this movie.
YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKL77bzytkY )
BOZZ
  Posted: Apr 5 2016, 08:57 AM

QUOTE (W.A.R @ Yesterday, 10:23 PM)
It was an okay if you just happy to see the actors in a real action movie. The story it self is something that I could really care less about.

If I were to rate it, I would give it 4/10 and I'm being nice.

Action was good but it could have been better.

You want a good Batman Vs Superman Movie watch this, you cant beat this movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKL77bzytkY

I watched it on Netflix and own the comic. It's too bad they couldn't just do a straight up adaptation of Dark Knight Returns, but that would have required Warner Brothers to make more than 1 Superman movie with Cavill and then make this movie.

SPOILER

Edit: Recently watched the original 1978 Superman film (can't remember if I ever watched it before, I must've at some point) and it kinda shows that Zack Snyder is a hack and ruined Superman in Man of Steel and in this movie. crying2.gif

And now I heard there's an even better Batman vs Superman "film" in the form of the Superman animated series 3-episode story called World's Finest... Considering how great DC animated shows have been, it's shocking they ended up handing over Superman and Justice League to Zack Snyder rather than the team that did the DC animated shows.

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Apr 8 2016, 09:52 PM
sideways
Posted: Apr 20 2016, 04:05 AM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Member No.: 1,355

Im not going to cherry coat it

The movie was crap. It had some interesting elements/moments, Benfleck deserves much of the praise hes getting for batman, few really good visuals-

But the rest? and overall? Complete crap.

EVERYTHING was shoehorned in this movie. Shoehorn after shoehorn after shoehorn.
BOZZ
  Posted: Apr 26 2016, 02:59 PM

What do you guys think of the upcoming Suicide Squad flick, you think it'll be better than Bats vs Supes?
Posted: Apr 26 2016, 03:15 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (BOZZ @ 15 minutes, 56 seconds ago)
What do you guys think of the upcoming Suicide Squad flick, you think it'll be better than

it will most likely be much better than batman v superman for one main reason: it has a different director. David Ayer should be do a much better job than snyder.

IF suicide squad was another Snyder film then id say you should probably cut off the top half of your cranium and snack on your brain while you watch the film.

from what i remember, David Ayer's film "Fury" was a rather good movie and i dont expect any bad surprises from the Suicide squad film.

if there's one movie that im really looking forward to its Captain America: Civil war. all the previous Captain America and Avenger movies were just awesome.