Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (MF Ghost OST) Jager - Because of You

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 6,565  ·  Replies: 38 
> Which drifting technique you like best ? ID6AA, How do you often attack your corner ?

Which drifting technique you like best ?
Brake > Throttle > Release > Throttle [ 13 ]  [46.43%]
Brake > Throttle > Throttle [ 7 ]  [25.00%]
Throttle > Release > Throttle [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Shift > Release > Throttle [ 2 ]  [7.14%]
Others (Specify below) [ 6 ]  [21.43%]
Total Votes: 28
Guests cannot vote 
Meor13
  Posted on Jun 4 2011, 02:50 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,446

Thought we could learn a thing or two if we share techniques & opinions. wink2.gif

This post has been edited by Meor13 on Jun 4 2011, 03:07 AM
DigiBunny
Posted on Jun 4 2011, 03:40 AM

Reading is magic!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 30,700

What the.
Throttle> Throttle?

I give the brake a small tap, turn in and floor the throttle. Downshifts are done coming out.

Countersteer depends on the corner. It varies from being able to do it no handed, to a full reverse lock. Usually however it's not more than 180 degrees.

I only release throttle if my angle is off, or if I know I screwed up the entry and I'm about to eat wall.

This post has been edited by DigiBunny on Jun 4 2011, 03:40 AM
SonicSP
Posted on Jun 4 2011, 06:48 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Member No.: 36,182

You can drift without using the brakes?!! ohmy.gif *looks at option 4*

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jun 4 2011, 06:50 AM
janicewlv
Posted on Jun 4 2011, 09:07 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 36,770

tap the brake, turn the steering, and step on throttle accordingly, after getting out from the corner ,downshift,full speed ahead!
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted on Jun 4 2011, 03:26 PM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 8 hours, 38 minutes ago)
You can drift without using the brakes?!! ohmy.gif *looks at option 4*

that option is more of a grip tech then a drift tech...
Saxifrage
Posted on Jun 4 2011, 04:32 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 36,872

Almost the same as everyone except that i downshift before corner

i end up crashing the inside wall (why?)
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted on Jun 4 2011, 05:03 PM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

QUOTE (Nicholas86 @ 30 minutes, 56 seconds ago)
Almost the same as everyone except that i downshift before corner

i end up crashing the inside wall (why?)

that means you turned too fast, try going a little slower, practice makes perfect
Agent556
Posted on Jun 4 2011, 09:11 PM

Project Legacy Co-Leader

Member No.: 2,133

he crashed into the inside wall so i wouldnt say he went in too fast; he starting turning too early or went in too slow.
SonicSP
Posted on Jun 5 2011, 04:06 AM

Nagao Fanboy

QUOTE (Takahashi Rensuke @ Yesterday, 3:26 PM)
that option is more of a grip tech then a drift tech...

Wow, there is actually an effective a grip technique in ID6? I did not expect that, given how drift emphasis this game is, with a "Drift" LED into the HUD no less.

I was more of a grip person back in ID5, if there's a way to play a bit more grip in ID6, I would like to test it out. Can you describe to me how to perform the technique?

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jun 5 2011, 04:07 AM
DigiBunny
Posted on Jun 5 2011, 05:12 AM

Reading is magic!

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 1 hour, 5 minutes ago)
Wow, there is actually an effective a grip technique in ID6? I did not expect that, given how drift emphasis this game is, with a "Drift" LED into the HUD no less.

I was more of a grip person back in ID5, if there's a way to play a bit more grip in ID6, I would like to test it out. Can you describe to me how to perform the technique?

I don't think anyone said it was an Effective Grip tech. It's very difficult to maneuver the car when you slow down drastically in the middle of a course and go. I mean, just look at Iro's jumps.

Grip seems like a Misnomer here. It's more like riding out the understeer and hoping you don't introduce your front bumper into the mountainside.

jon360x
Posted on Jun 5 2011, 11:09 AM

Project-SS Trueno Driver

Member No.: 37,105

I dont know which one to choose so I'll just choose other... here is the full method I do.. lets say akina 1st corner

-Full Wheel Lock-
-While doing full wheel lock-
-Let go of gas-
-Tap break-
-Floor Gas / Tap gas few times (it depends on how fast you're going and how sharp the corner is.. but for akina 1st corner its just floor it all the way with wheel lock)
-Counter Steer out of corner-
-Gear down if speed is too slow so that I can get boost from GOLD DRIFT after effect- (this is usually done before or after coming out of the corner)

Also remember that getting GOLD DRIFT logo means that your car will accelerate off quickly like Boost In D5 after coming out of corner.. so use that to your advantage ^^

This post has been edited by jon360x on Jun 5 2011, 11:11 AM
omori
Posted on Jun 6 2011, 06:41 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 37,432

i don't know but me i guess everything could apply for me...it only depends on the situation whether which driving technique i would use

plus in addition to which car type you use...plus i found out one tiny fact...correct me if i'm wrong but from what i noticed yesterday turbo cars they flick easily when you turn them and makes you drift easily but only problem is that you might get so much oversteer from it you might get the turn wrong...just my observation
DigiBunny
Posted on Jun 7 2011, 02:16 AM

Reading is magic!

QUOTE (omori @ 7 hours, 35 minutes ago)
i don't know but me i guess everything could apply for me...it only depends on the situation whether which driving technique i would use

plus in addition to which car type you use...plus i found out one tiny fact...correct me if i'm wrong but from what i noticed yesterday turbo cars they flick easily when you turn them and makes you drift easily but only problem is that you might get so much oversteer from it you might get the turn wrong...just my observation

Not that I'm attempting to get on your case, but don't you drive a Hachi that isn't quite full spec yet?

If so, how did you come to the conclusion that Turbo cars will oversteer easier?
omori
Posted on Jun 7 2011, 02:21 AM

IDW Senior Member

yes i drive a hachi...one thing that i'm not clear in what i said is that i saw someone using a turbo hachi that was driven in usui, i was actually observing him carefully...for some particular reason that's the conclusion i came up with...but you know its still pretty much a vague idea about the cars in IDAS6AA
DigiBunny
Posted on Jun 7 2011, 02:34 AM

Reading is magic!

But isn't that inconclusive evidence to support the conclusion? :/

I mean we still have other variables that affect this. It's been established since V4 that the AE86's many engines are all the same for performance. Unless that's changed for V6, your idea gets debunked from just that.

There's also how a Hachi behaves by itself and the driver skill.

Of course, I drive NA cars ( Assuming the FT86 is still in fact NA ) so I don't know crap about turbo cars. Still, wanted to point that out.
omori
Posted on Jun 7 2011, 02:56 AM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ 22 minutes, 2 seconds ago)
But isn't that inconclusive evidence to support the conclusion? :/

I mean we still have other variables that affect this. It's been established since V4 that the AE86's many engines are all the same for performance. Unless that's changed for V6, your idea gets debunked from just that.

There's also how a Hachi behaves by itself and the driver skill.

Of course, I drive NA cars ( Assuming the FT86 is still in fact NA ) so I don't know crap about turbo cars. Still, wanted to point that out.

yes it is inconclusive...and still need to find out more

and of course the other variables that affect this a while ago was not put into account, guess my bad on that one

the hachi behavior really differs from car and driver...i guess its safe to say that we still don't know crap about engine types in the game and how would it affect your driving in general...but of course i could be wrong...right? hmmm the FT-86, NA? well i hope so
SonicSP
Posted on Jun 7 2011, 06:44 PM

Nagao Fanboy

I'm getting used to brake tap tap now (tap being tapping the accelerator), that's all I know how to use for the moment.

I also occasionally instinctively brake accelerate and brake again on some corners. Usually as a safe move. I'm guessing different techniques are best for different type of corners. Which is probably why its a good idea for me to try out some of the others as well.

While I'm at it, I've got a question regarding the Drift logo. I know the gold logo gives you an immediate speed boost after you get it, but does the blue logo give anything to your performance? Or is it just there for the sole purpose of telling you, "your about to gold drift if you keep this up properly"?

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jun 7 2011, 06:53 PM
Yui
Posted on Jun 20 2011, 07:34 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 37,511

Anyone here drive a BNR34?

I could use some cornering tips with this car as I am not used to the game physics yet facepalm.gif
Agent556
Posted on Jun 21 2011, 12:45 AM

Project Legacy Co-Leader

Member No.: 2,133

For the BNR34, if you get off the gas while turning, it starts to turn a little more.

also, for the FT-86 thing up there, the FT-86 g-sports concept is turbo. lol

This post has been edited by Agent556 on Jun 21 2011, 12:52 AM
McKwack
Posted on Jun 21 2011, 01:29 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 33,311

I just started driving my BNR34, so I can't give you any pointers yet. But from the few times I've driven it on Tsukuba, I just do what I usually do with my Cappu: brake, turn, tap-tap-tap gas. So far, so good.

Won me some LoTS battle there, and also a duel against my friend.. (my stock BNR34 against his almost-FTed GC8.. I won by 50m+.. blink.gif )

I lost on Akina UHW against him tho.. facepalm.gif
Saxifrage
Posted on Jun 22 2011, 03:27 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 36,872

QUOTE (omori @ Jun 7 2011, 02:56 AM)
yes it is inconclusive...and still need to find out more

and of course the other variables that affect this a while ago was not put into account, guess my bad on that one

the hachi behavior really differs from car and driver...i guess its safe to say that we still don't know crap about engine types in the game and how would it affect your driving in general...but of course i could be wrong...right? hmmm the FT-86, NA? well i hope so

You might be right...

i've seen some turbo 86's as well

And as soon as they let off the gas (whoosh) and accelerate again,DRIFT turns blue

I tried that on my 86 but no use......(mine's at SPEC 3 btw)

just MAYBE your conclusion might be right....
pendragon
Posted on Jun 22 2011, 04:54 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 37,523

I do believe that differnt drifting techniques are required for different corners, but the basic concept is that u need to make the drift icon become "gold" in order to... well.. drift? That should be the basis of any drifting techniques awesome.gif

Edit: Constant practice is the key to master drifting happy.gif

This post has been edited by pendragon on Jun 22 2011, 04:55 AM
SonicSP
Posted on Jun 22 2011, 07:29 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Another one that I like to use brake, acel, brake again for sharp corners like Iro (doest work for most corners of Nagao though; where I tend to use brake acel acel). I'm still new so its probably not the best but I use it occasionally for some corners.

Can somebody teach me how to drift at Myogi? I CANNOT drift there. Literally. I can never get the logo to turn gold, only blue. I do not play Myogi much but I've been challenged there online and I never seem to be able to drift, let alone keep up with my opponents.
DigiBunny
Posted on Jun 22 2011, 07:43 AM

Reading is magic!

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 13 minutes, 29 seconds ago)
Another one that I like to use brake, acel, brake again for sharp corners like Iro (doest work for most corners of Nagao though; where I tend to use brake acel acel). I'm still new so its probably not the best but I use it occasionally for some corners.

Can somebody teach me how to drift at Myogi? I CANNOT drift there. Literally. I can never get the logo to turn gold, only blue. I do not play Myogi much but I've been challenged there online and I never seem to be able to drift, let alone keep up with my opponents.

Yank your wheel harder and delay your acceleration longer.

ODEN ( A Local R32 user who managed to rape our times ) and my own experiments seem to support this.
SonicSP
Posted on Jun 30 2011, 10:54 AM

Nagao Fanboy

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ Jun 22 2011, 07:43 AM)
Yank your wheel harder and delay your acceleration longer.

ODEN ( A Local R32 user who managed to rape our times ) and my own experiments seem to support this.

What do you mean by delaying your acceleration? Does that means one should tap break, leave it and pause longer even before touching the accelerator?

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jun 30 2011, 10:54 AM

2 Pages  1 2