Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 10 unique listeners, playing B-East - Super Eurobeat Presents Non Stop Re-Mix [Project.D Ver.]

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 9,873  ·  Replies: 59 
> [FANFIC] The Ghost Of Akagi (discontinued), a fanfic
Rudy
Posted: May 1 2007, 11:13 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
Meteor
  Posted: May 2 2007, 01:38 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 20,929

O_O

People. . Actually. . Like this fic. .

Oh well then. Discontinued no more. You'll be seeing the next chapter soon.
DrIfTeRX305
Posted: May 3 2007, 06:30 PM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,713

I like it, it has potential, but If you're introducing new cars, it would be good to describe them. Have the characters just start chatting about cars, throw in a Kenta-like character that asks dumb questions like "what's a cylinder?" and then explain.
s12drifter
Posted: May 3 2007, 07:08 PM

The Lulz Boat

Member No.: 23,696

LOL i love this fanfic it got me all exicted. your the next shuichi shiceno!

but really its a really awesome story so far.
Meteor
  Posted: May 3 2007, 08:53 PM

Well, hopefully, the next chapter's coming up today. I'll edit it into this post later.

I can promise:

.More drama
No! I wrecked the 560 *cries*

.A flow rivalling that of a rhyme
The wheels on the 560 go round and round, round and round, round and round

.Car races entirely following the laws of physics
Had it not been for the round-ness of the wheels and their ability to rotate, there would have been too much friction on the car to allow it to move

.Really detailed descriptions
X axis = (0, 3), Y axis = (2, 2)

.More action
OMGZORZ! THAT CAR IS GONNA ASPLODE! *runs*

.More adventure
Why did we come all the way to the US?

.And even more

I'll just try to get the quality up.

This post has been edited by Meteor on May 3 2007, 10:35 PM
chargerSRT8
Posted: May 3 2007, 10:55 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 24,220

Oh, boy! I can't wait!
Kfuse
Posted: May 4 2007, 08:30 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 23,542

Hey nice fanfic. I'm likin the flow. Hope you throw in a character who coaches your main guy, or are you gonna let keisuke do that?

560sx man that is nice

hope we see something like an Eclipse GSX-T3 with ultralight body kit and tri-turbo system XD

or another MR revision. (bad note MR production suppose to stop in July this year)
Sanae
Posted: May 4 2007, 10:07 AM

IDW Okamisan

Member No.: 19,388

After reading the chapters posted, I wonder what made you stop and I'd like to join those who have already asked you to continue it. Like you already know, I too had to make up quite a few cars when I wrote Programmed Lives, stages five and six so I know how hard that is! That said, I know you can do a fantastic job at it so, I'm looking forward to your newest chapter.

Take care, Sanae.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Meteor
  Posted: May 4 2007, 10:49 AM

Teaser time.
Huh? What car is that?

The white 2 door coupe got closer.

Hmm, it's got power. Let's see how he handles it! The accelerator was pushed down to the floor again.

This post has been edited by Meteor on May 4 2007, 10:50 AM
Sanae
Posted: May 4 2007, 11:12 AM

IDW Okamisan

It's official: FinToy-83's disease is contagious blink.gif

Messah hopes that Meteor has chapter quasi-ready or meesah will take out secret vudu doll out of cupboard fear2.gif
Meteor
  Posted: May 4 2007, 09:54 PM

Author's note: I'd like to thank you people for your support which convinced me to continue this.

Chapter 7

9:45 PM. Wangan route.

As the winds blew, rain poured down from the sky. Reducing visibility and road friction as it did so.

But this would not stop the high-speed battle taking place on Wangan.

A copper R40, followed by a white 911, approached a corner that was usually easy to clear.

[Car stats]
Nissan Skyline R40 GT-S
Drivetrain: FR
Power: 420 bhp (stock 340)
Mass: 1210 kg
Appearance: A slightly redone front from the current Skyline concept. The rear of the car is more boxy and features a 5 cm tall box spoiler. The tail-lights are the same as that of the R34. The rims are 16" 8 spokes.
Modifications: Roll cage, anti-roll bars, adjustable suspension, lighter flywheel, bigger throttle body, stage 4 turbo, bigger intercooler, high-speed transmission, carbon fibre hood, carbon fibre doors, carbon fibre trunk, carbon fibre quarterpanels (The carbon fibre parts are painted over)

2016 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Coupe
Drivetrain: 4WD
Power: 380 bhp (stock 250)
Mass: 1108 kg
Appearance: The usual Carrera design, streamlined further. It's been made longer by 4 cm. The rims are 17" 6 spokes.
Modifications: Roll cage. anti-roll bars, adjustable suspension, lighter flywheel, stage 4 supercharger, high-performance fuel injector, high performance exhaust, better brakes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Usually, this corner could be cleared at over 120 km/h. But due to the rain, both cars braked longer than usual. The R40 entered at 99 km/h. The 911 entered at 101 km/h. Both cars pulled themselves through the corner. But the R40 got closer to the inside.

Then, both drivers increased the pressure they applied on the accelerator. The two cars were now exceeding speeds of 160 km/h. A few seconds later, the two were going at over 200 km/h

Then, another corner came. Both cars braked hard,

The 911 slid its rear out. Then its driver countersteered while applying the throttle. This allowed the 911 to slow down faster for the corner. A technique like this was one that could not be done without practice, as countersteering during a slide would quickly make a 4WD car bolt towards the other direction and without care the car could crash. Once it straightened out, the 911 braked again and turned in. Meanwhile, the R40 just braked into the corner, relying on its ABS to allow it to slow down without understeering too much due to the wheels locking up.

When the R40 cleared the corner, the 911 had already gone far ahead of it. .

Meanwhile, on Akagi.

Hakiya began applying even more pressure to the accelerator pedal, in an unsuccesful attempt to get acceleration beyond the acceleration he could currently reach. His stubborn nature made him go on.

The next corner came. Another right hairpin. The 560SX shifted down from 3rd to 2nd and used the torque to aid it in clearing the corner. And there was still no RX-14.

This battle was already over. The RX-14 had outrun him, and there was no chance he could catch up.

Sighing, Hakiya slowed down and began driving home. .

The next day.

Darkness, no will to move. And all he could hear was a distant ringing. But the ringing was starting to get unbearable.

Yawning loudly, Hakiya got up and turned off the alarm clock.

Later, when he got to the garage.

'Wha?'

The 560SX was gone. .

Hakiya quickly ran outside to see if he had accidently placed the car outside. Not finding the 560 there either. He ran inside to get the phone.

Only, by the time he got back, the 560SX was there again. And it looked as if nothing had happened to it.

Things were starting to get weird. Then again, there was a ghost in the house.

Some time later, the 560 reached the gas station and parked nearby.

'Hey there guys.'

'Hey Hakiya.'

Hakiya took another look at the place where his 560 was parked, and noticed that something was missing.

'Rijuo? Where's your RX-8?' Inquired Hakiya.

'Err. . .' Was all Rijuo said.

Last night, on Mt.Akagi.

The Supra had gotten the lead on the starting straight, but the RX-8 wasn't too far behind.

Then, the two cars approached a corner.

The Supra gripped through it. As for the RX-8.

Rijuo just let off the throttle, slowed down to a little over 117 km/h, shifted down, yanked the E-brake and steered towards the direction of the corner. Then he countersteered.

Countersteered too much. That, combined with the speed he entered at, wasn't good. Rijuo immediately forced the brake pedal all the way down, activating the ABS.

Then, the tyres ended up making contact with some sharp rocks. So the RX-8 not only had a dented bumper, a dented fender and a few scratches on the paint, but also a punctured front tire and a punctured rear tire.

'Well? What happened?' Hakiya asked again.

Rijuo still would not say anything on the matter. But he wouldn't have to now.

A familiar Civic which was. . Not very tastefully modified pulled into the station.

'Welcome!' Greeted the three.

'Yo! Give mah some high octane, and make it quick! Polish da bling while yo at it.'

Bling? Thought the three at once.

While the Civic was getting serviced, the driver looked around. Then he noticed a familiar 560SX parked nearby.

'Ey! Who's 560 is that?'

Rijuo and Ekio pointed at Hakiya.

'You may have f**king defeated moh once, but I bet yo can't f**king do that again with that f**king shit-ass car of yours. It doesn't look f**king fast enough to f**king beat me!' Exclaimed the "gangsta".
'Feh. Me, lose to a ricer like you? As if.' Replied Hakiya.
'What did you just f**king say?!'
'I said that there's no way I'll lose to you.'
'We'll f**king see about that! Tonight! 10:00 PM! Mt.Akagi! Or are yoo too f**king chicken?'
'Challenge accepted, ricer.'
'GRR! Soon, yo gonna f**king wish yo never f**king said that!'

A few seconds later, the car's gas tank was filled.

'Remember. Tonight. Mt.Akagi!' Exclaimed the ricer before stomping on the accelerator. But the car didn't move because he had forgotten to push down the parking brake. A few seconds later, with the handbrake de-activated, the Civic drove out of the station.

'Man, what a retard.' Said Ekio.
'I know.' Agreed Hakiya. 'Anyway, Rijuo, mind telling us what happened to your RX-8?'
'Look! Another customer!' Replied Rijuo, pointing at a black sedan that had pulled into the station.

Some time later. Hakiya got into his 560 and began driving back home. Once there, he reversed the car into the garage and then turned off the engine. After locking the doors, Hakiya went inside the house.

He put the meal into the microwave oven and then headed to his room, where he saw the spirit of Keisuke sitting in front of his PC.

On closer inspection, Hakiya saw that Keisuke was browsing the Mazda homepage.

'Just how the hell did you find out the password?' Inquired Hakiya.
'You saw into some of my memories, I saw into some of yours as well.' Was Keisuke's reply as he clicked the left-mouse-button. Which caused Hakiya to make a mental note to change the password. He decided to keep on looking to see why this rotary engine was so special. And then came something that caught his attention.
'Impressive.' Muttered Keisuke as he looked at the specs of the RX-14.
The RX-14's stock power output was 275 bhp. It was quite light as well, weighing 986 kg. To add to that, there was no turbo lag present at all. It could utilize all that power whenever it was needed. Hakiya knew that, stock, the 560 wasn't as light nor was it as powerful at the car that had defeated him last night.
The 560SX really needed an upgrade.

10:00 PM, Mt.Akagi.

The 560SX was positioned behind the (un)tastefully modified Civic. Hakiya waited for the car in front to start. Meanwhile, both cars revved up their engines.

When the Civic started to give off a loud enough sound, the driver of the car shifted into D. The front wheels spun for a second before getting a grip on the road. Seeing that the Civic had started moving, Hakiya pushed down the handbrake and let off the clutch, the tachometer's needle pointing at 4500 RPMs.

After a while, the two cars got to the first corner.

Hakiya depressed the clutch and brake pedals while blipping the throttle. Then soon shifted down to 3rd gear. With the load on the front and the speedometer showing 118 km/h, he steered towards the direction of the corner. As the rear slid out, he countersteered while applying the throttle.
The 560 made it out of the corner at 102 km/h.

At the same time, the driver of the Civic simply slowed down to 120 km/h and yanked up the handbrake while steering. This did minimize understeering, but it also minimized speed.

By the next corner, the 560 passed the Civic. And by the next three corners, the Civic had disappeared from the 560's mirror. Hakiya drove on.

And so the battle was over. Hakiya reduced the amount of throttle he was applying. Soon, the 560 was doing 60 km/h.

But some time later.

Huh? What car is that?

The white 2 door coupe got closer.

Hmm. It's got power. Let's see how he handles it! The accelerator was pushed down to the floor again. Soon, the 560 was doing 100+ km/h again.

The end of the straight was near. A high-speed corner was at the end of it. Both cars slowed down to an appropiate speed, and then turned in. The 2 door coupe was able to enter the corner at a higher speed and exit at a higher speed. The chasing car was now closer to the 560.

Soon, a hairpin came up.

The 560 slowed down to below 107 km/h, and hugged the inside of the corner. Meanwhile, the chasing car performed a well-executed zero-countersteer drift around the inside of the hairpin. The chasing car was now even closer to the 560.

As the two drove on, the first drops of rain began to fall.

This post has been edited by Meteor on May 5 2007, 02:13 AM
FinToy-83
Posted: May 5 2007, 03:08 AM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 14,568

QUOTE (Sanae @ Yesterday at 11:12 AM)
It's official: FinToy-83's disease is contagious  blink.gif

Messah hopes that Meteor has chapter quasi-ready or meesah will take out secret vudu doll out of cupboard  fear2.gif

what disease..? ermm2.gif sweatingbullets.gif innocent2.gif whistling.gif

oh, the teasers.. happy.gif laugh.gif

nice chapter.. and good to see that you continue this.

This post has been edited by FinToy-83 on May 5 2007, 03:09 AM
Sanae
Posted: May 5 2007, 04:09 AM

IDW Okamisan

QUOTE (FinToy-83 @ Today at 12:08 PM)
what disease..? ermm2.gif sweatingbullets.gif innocent2.gif whistling.gif

oh, the teasers.. happy.gif laugh.gif

*laughs at FinToy-83's blattant attempt at trying to look all-innocent*

In any case and like I've already told you, that's a great chapter and I hope you've got more to come. I'm glad you've had second thoughts about discontinuing this fanfic! biggrin.gif
s12drifter
Posted: May 5 2007, 07:38 AM

The Lulz Boat

Member No.: 23,696

oh oh
The white 2 door coupe got closer

Meanwhile, the chasing car performed a well-executed zero-countersteer drift around the inside of the hairpin

it's takumi right? then again takumi naver had a coupe hmmm???

lol the ricer guy reminds me of some ricer kid we have in our class he even has the nerve to say that he's civic can beat any car on the road rofl

This post has been edited by s12drifter on May 5 2007, 09:25 AM
FinToy-83
Posted: May 5 2007, 10:44 AM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 14,568

ehh.. AE86 IS a hatchback coupe.. and I'm pretty sure that the white coupe IS certain recently passed legend.. shifty2.gif

This post has been edited by FinToy-83 on May 5 2007, 10:45 AM
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 5 2007, 12:19 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (FinToy-83 @ Today at 2:44 PM)
ehh.. AE86 IS a hatchback coupe.. and I'm pretty sure that the white coupe IS certain recently passed legend.. shifty2.gif

There is a coupe version of the AE86 and a hatchback version... so yeah...
chargerSRT8
Posted: May 5 2007, 10:38 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 24,220

About the white 2-door coupe, is it a Lamborghini? Or is it Ryousuke's FC3S?
Meteor
  Posted: May 6 2007, 12:42 AM

The car was revealed earlier. Only since the last bit of the chapter is mostly from Hakiya's point of view, I left out the identity of the car as he doesn't know much about cars made outside Japan.
SpeedKing
  Posted: Jul 27 2007, 03:15 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 25,525

I think it's the 911... When is the next fan fic getting here?? I'm really impressed good job! Now I'm watching 2 fan fics! One is from you and the other from Outlaw... Hehe nice job guys! I hope it comes out soon!
wangan_sti
Posted: Jul 27 2007, 03:29 AM

GodHand of Wangan

Member No.: 25,056

QUOTE (SpeedKing @ Today at 3:15 AM)
I think it's the 911... When is the next fan fic getting here?? I'm really impressed good job! Now I'm watching 2 fan fics! One is from you and the other from Outlaw... Hehe nice job guys! I hope it comes out soon!

Yeah outlaw did a gud his fan fic. 666 skyline laugh.gif
SpeedKing
  Posted: Jul 27 2007, 05:24 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 25,525

Hehe.. Actually I'm helping Outlaw get some sketches to start a manga. ^^ Already done drawing the TommyKaira R just finishing it and adding more details. The original version is in his thread..
Meteor
  Posted: Aug 31 2007, 06:58 AM

Author's note: I was having net problems. That is why there was such a huge delay.

Chapter 8

As the tachometer reached 7600 RPMs, Hakiya depressed the clutch and shifted up to 4th gear. The 560 was now nearing 170 km/h.

The end of the straight was near

Both cars braked early, allowing them both enough time to slow down to an appropiate entry speed for the follwing right hairpin. Hakiya shifted down to second gear while slowing down to below 104 km/h. Then the 560 began steering towards the inside before the entry of the corner. The car gripped to the inside of the corner on entry, then went to the outside when it neared the apex. The 560 exited at 84 km/h

As for the chasing car. It entered the corner at above 100 km/h and performed yet another zero-countersteer drift. The two were now on another straight. Both prepared themselves for the upcoming left-right S-turn.

Hakiya held down the clutch with his left foot while holding the down other two pedals with his right foot. Once the car had slowed down to below 120 km/h, he shifted down to third before steering left while holding down the brakes. The rear of the 560 started to slide out. Countersteering and throttle followed. He waited for it, then let his foot off the accelerator. This, coupled with the countersteering, let the 560 quickly change the direction of its drift. The speedometer showed 84 km/h on exit.

The chasing car drifted through both corners as well, but with more precision. The exit speed was around 113 km/h. The gap continued to decrease. A left hairpin was ahead.

The 560 steered from the outside towards the apex near entry, and went to the outside again before exit. But the white coupe behind him performed yet another well-executed drift.

The two cars were now approaching an M-turn. Both cars drifted into the corner and used their inertia to carry them around it all, the rain assisting them in maintaining speed (and letting the 560 get a metre away from the chasing car)

But on the upcoming straight, the battle was over. The white 2 door coupe passed Hakiya, giving him only enough time to see the letters P O R S C H E on the back of it.

2 losses in a row. .

The next day, Rijuo and Ekio noticed that Hakiya seemed different.

'What happened?'
'2 losses.'
'Two losses, eh?'
Hakiya looked behind to see the station's manager, Itsuki.
'What cars were they?'
'An RX-14 and a Porsche'
Itsuki's eyes widened at the mention of the last name.
'Was the Porsche white?'
'Yes. Why?'
'They're here. . Silver Katana.'
'Silver Katana?'
'They're a team of racers who come from Tokyo. They race on both the mountain passes and the expressways. They've beat everyone in Tokyo, and the rest of Japan is what's left for them defeat. And that Porsche's only number 2! I wouldn't expect any of you to stand a chance, but I can definitely beat them.'
'Riiiiight.' Said Ekio. 'In that old 85 of yours.'

8:00 PM

Mt.Akagi.

Just what am I doing wrong?!

The 560 steered into the first corner of Akagi's downhill, gripping the inside of the right-hander. A gear shift, an explosion of fuel at the exhaust, and it headed off towards the next corner.

The car may have it's limits, but had he reached them yet?

Decelleration and a downshift later, the 560 hugged the inside of the wide left hairpin at 92 km/h. Easily passing a white car on the following straight.

The turbo's not working anymore? Thought Itsuki as the 560 cleared a right hairpin.

Two more hairpins, and the 560 was now on the long, crooked straight. Hakiya experimented by slowing down less for the mild corners on this crooked straight. That didn't really help much.

Two right handers. Easily cleared

A left hairpin was next. Hakiya tried drifting through it at a slightly higher entry speed than he usually would, which didn't make much of a difference. Onto the following straight at 98 km/h. It seemed that the 560 now had reduced acceleration. Then he realised. .

Turbo lag.

When faced with corners, he obviously had to apply the brakes. But slowing down took away all the boost the turbo built up, leaving the car with below normal horsepower.

How to solve the problem? He'd have to figure it out later. Two pairs of headlights were in front of him, and were rapidly approaching the 560. Brakes, turn signals, and steering. The 560 slowed down to a stop as the other two cars passed right by him. One silver, one white. He reflected on what his rear-view mirror had shown him.

The RX-14 approached the corner, the Porsche milliseconds away. Both slid around the corner at high speed. And with increasing distance between them and the 560, the music of engines and tyres grew dimmer and dimmer. .

As usual, comments, suggestions and constructive criticisms are welcome.

This post has been edited by Meteor on Aug 31 2007, 07:00 AM
Sanae
Posted: Sep 29 2007, 05:10 AM

IDW Okamisan

Hello there,

I hope that you starting a new story doesn't mean you're not going to update this one sometime in the near future...because I love it and I'd like to know what you come up with next!

At any rate, I'm almost done catching up with the stories from ff.net so now I'll have to finish proofreading chapter 40 of my own...wish me luck! tongue.gif

Take care, Sanae.
Meteor
  Posted: Sep 29 2007, 06:37 AM

Don't worry, I'm still working on this fic.
Sanae
Posted: Sep 29 2007, 06:58 AM

IDW Okamisan

That's good to hear! happy.gif

I'm now off to reading your new story.

3 Pages  1 2 3