Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 2 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS1) Manuel - Limousine

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

10 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 30,899  ·  Replies: 242 
> Forza 4, It's here!
am3pkcet
Posted: Oct 13 2011, 03:36 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,853

No, I know what you're talking about; at least in 3. Feel free to tell me how 4 is different. Every time I took an agressive early apex from the wide outside, some car was sitting inside of me trying to take an inner line and would probably hit me (usually because I didn't see him thanks to the limitations of not seeing out my side windows). That's when I would hit rewind and make the adjustment accordingly. If you're talking about off the line, pretty much every game is a set of bumper cars off the line, unless it's some Need For Speed thing and the track is 1/2 mile wide.
Yoshida Seiji
Posted: Oct 13 2011, 03:39 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 23,634

No aggressive line or anything.

Say, for example, green light. Start your race. Suddenly, a car literally off the line, makes a sharp left turn and smashes right into you trying to get in front of you. I'm like "wat"

That's happened to me a hand full of times. Just really dumb shit like that. Like I said, it feels like playing with a bunch of 12 year olds online, it seems they are intentionally trying to crash you. rofl
am3pkcet
Posted: Oct 13 2011, 03:44 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

So... that has nothing to do with actual racing, and is only a problem off the line? Which plagues just about every racing game?

In other news:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/10/06/forza...-4-video-review
Yoshida Seiji
Posted: Oct 13 2011, 03:46 PM

IDW Goldmember

Nah, that was just an example.

You'll see what I mean when you play.
am3pkcet
Posted: Oct 13 2011, 03:52 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

I'd rather you try and explain it, because I've not heard complaints from anyone but you.
Yoshida Seiji
Posted: Oct 13 2011, 03:55 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (am3pkcet @ 3 minutes, 23 seconds ago)
I'd rather you try and explain it, because I've not heard complaints from anyone but you.

Huh that's weird. 'Cause almost everyone on my facebook is complaining about it. laugh.gif I don't think I can really explain it any better than I have. The AI is garbage and is way too aggressive?

Physics aren't as realistic as some people like to think. Sorry, I can't take a video game reviewer's word for it. Just going on what I know based on the sheer amount of track time I've had since turning 16. laugh.gif

Physics are hugely improved over FM3, but I still don't feel they are realistic.
am3pkcet
Posted: Oct 13 2011, 03:58 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

If it's so terrible, what do you use as a benchmark? Gran Failismo 5?
Yoshida Seiji
Posted: Oct 13 2011, 04:00 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (am3pkcet @ 1 minute, 51 seconds ago)
If it's so terrible, what do you use as a benchmark? Gran Failismo 5?

facepalm.gif

Nevermind. I get that you don't like GT5. I'll just leave it at that.
am3pkcet
Posted: Oct 13 2011, 04:03 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

Hey, I wanted to. You've seen my collection. It's not my fault PD can't design a modern game to save their lives.

user posted image
Yoshida Seiji
Posted: Oct 13 2011, 04:05 PM

IDW Goldmember

I knew you were going to post that.

I realize that you also have every GT game previously and you don't like 5. I dunno what to tell you man. Forza AI sucks, period. GT isn't any better. Most def think the Forza AI is worse though.

Though, I do really enjoy the Top Gear challenges.

This post has been edited by Yoshida Seiji on Oct 13 2011, 04:14 PM
am3pkcet
Posted: Oct 13 2011, 04:23 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

QUOTE (Yoshida Seiji @ 16 minutes, 12 seconds ago)
I knew you were going to post that.

I realize that you also have every GT game previously and you don't like 5. I dunno what to tell you man. Forza AI sucks, period. GT isn't any better. Most def think the Forza AI is worse though.

Yep. I post it every time someone says I hate GT. I don't hate GT, I hate GT5 because it was a massive and monumental let down.

And you're honestly the first I've ever heard that from, regarding the AI in Forza. It seems every review, magazine, website, and player (that I've talked with) disagree with you. And I know I would actively take an agressive AI over a waste of time, dumb, mindless AI, that has no interaction with the player at all. I guess I don't understand what works and what doesn't work in videogames because I've only been playing racing videogames off and on for the past 17 years and four generations of consoles and arcades. thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by am3pkcet on Oct 13 2011, 04:24 PM
Yoshida Seiji
Posted: Oct 13 2011, 04:26 PM

IDW Goldmember

Yep yer cool. awesome.gif

I'm just gonna leave it at that man. You'll see what I mean. I hate that every time I try to have a legitimate conversation with you, it turns into you attempting to bait me or start a debate.

I explained to you why the AI sucks, sorry, I don't know what else to tell you, you'll experience it for yourself when your copy gets in. Is any of that other stuff really necessary? I'm not claiming to be better than anyone at anything. I'm just telling you my opinion about a video game based on my real life experiences. If you don't want to hear it, don't ask. Simple as that.
am3pkcet
Posted: Oct 13 2011, 04:36 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

QUOTE (Yoshida Seiji @ 9 minutes, 43 seconds ago)
I'm just gonna leave it at that man. You'll see what I mean. I hate that every time I try to have a legitimate conversation with you, it turns into you attempting to bait me or start a debate.

I get that. But the point I was getting at is who does it better? Gran Turismo is pretty much unanimously accepted as having the worst AI in any racing game. Blindly following a programmed line while ignoring all other cars has been one of the biggest complaints plaguing the Gran Turismo since it's original title. The series has a lot of things going for it, but opponent AI is definitely not one of them. All I wanted to hear was what you use as a benchmark for AI in racing games. If Forza is so bad, and GT is so-so, what is good (to you)?
Yoshida Seiji
Posted: Oct 13 2011, 04:44 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (am3pkcet @ 8 minutes, 28 seconds ago)
I get that.  But the point I was getting at is who does it better?  Gran Turismo is pretty much unanimously accepted as having the worst AI in any racing game.  Blindly following a programmed line while ignoring all other cars has been one of the biggest complaints plaguing the Gran Turismo since it's original title.  The series has a lot of things going for it, but opponent AI is definitely not one of them.  All I wanted to hear was what you use as a benchmark for AI in racing games.  If Forza is so bad, and GT is so-so, what is good (to you)?

No console game, that's for sure. I prefer playing online. I'm just so used to racing with other people on shit like rfactor. Also GT ain't so-so with AI, it sucks too. Though, the 2.0 update has improved it a little.

This post has been edited by Yoshida Seiji on Oct 13 2011, 04:45 PM
Tessou
Posted: Oct 13 2011, 04:45 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

AI has never mattered to me because I almost exclusively play time trials just to f**k around with the cars and take photos. I don't think I've ever actually finished a Forza game. Maybe the first... but that was a long time ago.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
am3pkcet
Posted: Oct 13 2011, 05:01 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

QUOTE (Yoshida Seiji @ 7 minutes, 34 seconds ago)
No console game, that's for sure. I prefer playing online. I'm just so used to racing with other people on shit like rfactor. Also GT ain't so-so with AI, it sucks too. Though, the 2.0 update has improved it a little.

Apples to orange, really. That was the point I was making. No AI system is ever going to be perfect. But Forza acts more like people than any other game I've come across. There are some agressive drivers and some passive drivers, they make mistakes and are suseptable to pressure. I haven't seen another game do that successfully.

QUOTE (Tessou @ 7 minutes, 0 seconds ago)
AI has never mattered to me because I almost exclusively play time trials just to f**k around with the cars and take photos. I don't think I've ever actually finished a Forza game. Maybe the first... but that was a long time ago.

I really liked the career mode and completed FM3 through the full six seasons. I had 316 wins out of 319 races playing on hard opponent difficulty, ABS on, Stability and Traction off, manual sequential, assist brake off, assist line off, damage limited. I'd personally rather time attack or play against the AI than race a bunch of idiots online who think it's a better idea to drive backwards around the track, take terrible lines with poor braking, or otherwise cause havok and accidents.

This post has been edited by am3pkcet on Oct 13 2011, 05:01 PM
Spaz
  Posted: Oct 13 2011, 06:08 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

When you can come bearing down on someone in an Evo and have them back off their line as you dive inside next to them at entry or out around them at the exit, that's a decent AI, IMO. Those same actions are suicide in GT.

Be nice if people did that online instead of trying to power through it in their RWD and then losing it straight into your side and spinning you both out. It's like... I'm faster bro, get the f**k over it and just let me by instead of screwing us both out of otherwise decent placing... I had that happen like 5 times today where someone in a RWD just couldn't take the fact that I was passing them in a corner, dropped the hammer and spun it directly into me, spinning me out and dropping me from possible podium down to the rear of the pack.

I don't race online because the drivers are better -they're worse- I race online because it's more fun beating people than it is beating computers.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Tessou
Posted: Oct 13 2011, 07:49 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

The best part about Forza 4 isn't beating the newbs, it's showing everyone online that I did.

user posted image

biggrin.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
SgtXDNX
Posted: Oct 13 2011, 07:55 PM

Goddamn Electric

Member No.: 23,073

Welp, it's official, God himself doesn't want me playing this game. Pick up the replacement disc, it has the goddamn exact same issue as the first one. Whether it's just a bad batch or my 360, looks like I won't be playing this for a while.

Back to FM3, I guess. dry.gif
am3pkcet
Posted: Oct 13 2011, 09:27 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

QUOTE (SgtXDNX @ 1 hour, 31 minutes ago)
Welp, it's official, God himself doesn't want me playing this game. Pick up the replacement disc, it has the goddamn exact same issue as the first one. Whether it's just a bad batch or my 360, looks like I won't be playing this for a while.

Back to FM3, I guess. dry.gif

I've been right there with ya. The demo can only do so much... Amazon says mine should be at my house tomorrow. sad.gif
SgtXDNX
Posted: Oct 13 2011, 09:59 PM

Goddamn Electric

QUOTE (am3pkcet @ 32 minutes, 45 seconds ago)
I've been right there with ya. The demo can only do so much... Amazon says mine should be at my house tomorrow. sad.gif

The difference being that I have the game sitting on my desk, taunting me with it's rotary goodness....

...I'm buying a new console tomorrow. dry.gif
Yoshida Seiji
Posted: Oct 13 2011, 10:22 PM

IDW Goldmember

Think I'm gonna play me some Forza 4. Don't mind me. troll.gif
am3pkcet
Posted: Oct 13 2011, 10:49 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

QUOTE (SgtXDNX @ 49 minutes, 25 seconds ago)
The difference being that I have the game sitting on my desk, taunting me with it's rotary goodness....

...I'm buying a new console tomorrow. dry.gif

Too bad you can't swap em for LS1 V8s. At least you can't in FM3. whistling.gif awesome.gif
Yoshida Seiji
Posted: Oct 13 2011, 10:56 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (am3pkcet @ 7 minutes, 26 seconds ago)
Too bad you can't swap em for LS1 V8s.  At least you can't in FM3.    whistling.gif awesome.gif

Nah you can't. The swaps kinda suck this time around. I've not really swapped the other 13b in any RX-7 yet. But I know once you swap the 3-rotor you can't mod it at all. Which is lame.

Also, you can't swap the 1UZ in the MKIV Supra anymore either. How lame is that? I kinda hope they go back to how it was before in 3 eventually. I want more tuning options for my swaps. : /
I really wish they would add inter-brand swapping. I wanna put rotary engines and 2jz's in everything.

This post has been edited by Yoshida Seiji on Oct 13 2011, 10:57 PM
SgtXDNX
Posted: Oct 13 2011, 11:10 PM

Goddamn Electric

QUOTE (am3pkcet @ 21 minutes, 26 seconds ago)
Too bad you can't swap em for LS1 V8s.  At least you can't in FM3.    whistling.gif awesome.gif

Yes, because a diehard rotary fanboy with a fish tank made out of rotor housings is going to commit the blasphemy of putting a non-rotary engine into an RX-7. laugh.gif

^ Also, rotary swaps into everything would be awesome. Put the biggest, loudest and most fuel-inefficient rotary ever into a Prius, just to make hybrid owners shit a brick. Mazdaspeed's unofficial motto comes to mind. awesome.gif

This post has been edited by SgtXDNX on Oct 13 2011, 11:13 PM

10 Pages  1 2 3 4 »