Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 2 unique listeners, playing (WMMT3 OST) Entry Maxi3

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

80 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 106,545  ·  Replies: 1,995 
> Street Fighter 4, Capcom: Prepare Yourself

Where/how do you play SF4?
Arcade [ 21 ]  [22.34%]
PS3 [ 32 ]  [34.04%]
Xbox360 [ 41 ]  [43.62%]
Total Votes: 94
Guests cannot vote 
APX
Posted on Dec 6 2007, 04:35 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,473

QUOTE (dmhc69 @ Today at 4:31 PM)
well, no. the video was a cinematic (like an intro). the screenshot is from the actual game engine, which means it will most likely look pretty similiar to that when the game is released.

-.-
And you still don't get it, the stupid ass little trailer gave you a thought of what the game, meaning the whole look of the characters were gonna look like, and the ingame shot just proved it. smile.gif
dmhc69
  Posted on Dec 6 2007, 04:51 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 5,199

if you say so. lol. unsure.gif

edit:
user posted image

Brazilian gaming blog Blogeek says that they have some new, unreleased details on Street Fighter IV. Normally, these sorts of rumours would be dealt with a snort and a dismissal, but Blogeek's got the also unreleased screen shots to back it up. They're both similar to the screen via 1UP that was unleashed today, but happen to feature Ryu's counterpart, Ken Masters. That would either make Blogeek extremely adept with a PhotoShop stamp tool or lend weight to their credibility.

Fortunately, reader Douglas was kind enough to help us out with a translation of the leaked (and still rumored) details on the game. According to Blogeek, Street Fighter IV will take place some time between Super Street Fighter II Turbo and Street Fighter III, which makes the return of Chun Li and Dhalsim more understandable.The site also mentions that the game will run at 60 frames per second, pretty necessary for fighting games of this kind, and feature online play.

Gone is the parry system, they say, as it will be replaced by a cancelling system dubbed either "Saving" or "Revenge." On the offensive side, an "Ultra" move will be available as well as the "Super" moves in the style of Super Street Fighter II.

What we don't quite believe, though, is the rumoured inclusion of Sheng Long. Take it all with a grain of salt, but we're willing to believe for the time being.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2007/12/mor...iv_details.html

This post has been edited by dmhc69 on Dec 6 2007, 05:52 PM
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Möbius
Posted on Dec 6 2007, 05:23 PM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

QUOTE (APX @ Today at 8:35 PM)
-.-
And you still don't get it, the stupid ass little trailer gave you a thought of what the game, meaning the whole look of the characters were gonna look like, and the ingame shot just proved it. smile.gif

If you only come into this thread to post nonsense, then you might as well just don't post in here.

Your initial comment was that the OP was slow. That means you assumed that this was about the trailer.

Now I don't want to see any more posts about this in this thread.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
APX
Posted on Dec 6 2007, 05:24 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

You can't delete it now. ;P
Möbius
Posted on Dec 6 2007, 05:34 PM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (APX @ Today at 9:24 PM)
You can't delete it now. ;P

QUOTE (Apex Carver)
Now I don't want to see any more posts about this in this thread.

That's the last I will say about that in this thread.

*Merged the SF4 threads*

This post has been edited by Apex Carver on Dec 6 2007, 05:43 PM
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted on Dec 6 2007, 06:00 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3,276

Damnit, they'd better do a real good job with Chun Li. I swear I will hate this game if they do not do a good job on her. dribble.gif
Möbius
Posted on Dec 6 2007, 06:02 PM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (WRX DEMON Type R @ Today at 10:00 PM)
Damnit, they'd better do a real good job with Chun Li. I swear I will hate this game if they do not do a good job on her. dribble.gif

I can tell you this much, I don't really like what I'm seeing so far. sad.gif
Stargate
Posted on Dec 6 2007, 06:10 PM

Night Life @ Roppongi ★Gate

Member No.: 24,315

Yes you do LOL Mr slicey mc slice.
Möbius
Posted on Dec 6 2007, 06:28 PM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (Stargate @ Today at 10:10 PM)
Yes you do LOL Mr slicey mc slice.

I cannot post my thoughts on what I think the game looks like so far, this is a family oriented forum. sad.gif
dmhc69
  Posted on Dec 6 2007, 06:33 PM

IDW Goldmember

i guess if the gameplay is on par, the odd looks of the graphics can be overlooked. at least that's what i'm hoping for.
Möbius
Posted on Dec 6 2007, 06:36 PM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (dmhc69 @ Today at 10:33 PM)
i guess if the gameplay is on par, the odd looks of the graphics can be overlooked. at least that's what i'm hoping for.

The whole thing reeks of SF:EX... sad.gif
Stargate
Posted on Dec 6 2007, 06:44 PM

Night Life @ Roppongi ★Gate

Member No.: 24,315

QUOTE (Apex Carver @ Today at 6:36 PM)
The whole thing reeks of SF:EX... sad.gif

quoted for truth.. Yeah man CRAPCOM is trying too hard again.
Möbius
Posted on Dec 6 2007, 06:46 PM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (Stargate @ Today at 10:44 PM)
quoted for truth.. Yeah man CRAPCOM is trying too hard again.

You mean, not trying hard enough, and rehashing past concepts. sad.gif
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted on Dec 6 2007, 06:58 PM

I would kill for a game which includes all characters from every street fighter era/game. Wouldnt it be totally awesome to see Blanka vs. Necro? M. Bison vs. Gill? Charlie vs. Remy dribble.gif
Möbius
Posted on Dec 6 2007, 07:25 PM

IDW Top Poster

QUOTE (WRX DEMON Type R @ Today at 10:58 PM)
I would kill for a game which includes all characters from every street fighter era/game. Wouldnt it be totally awesome to see Blanka vs. Necro? M. Bison vs. Gill? Charlie vs. Remy dribble.gif

That would be Necro vs. Dhalsim... Although I get why Blanka would be a rival too... wink2.gif
Excel
Posted on Dec 7 2007, 08:00 AM

Snake is Sony's lone hero

Member No.: 4,625

I wonder if those 2nd screenshots are real - the ones showing Ken. I mean, his face looks so bad in that picture where hes doing the hurricane kick to Ryu.
dmhc69
  Posted on Dec 7 2007, 04:52 PM

IDW Goldmember

wouldn't happen to have that picture saved would you? the blogeek site seems to have been reported or something and has removed that info.

http://www.blogeek.com.br/?p=88

edit:

Yesterday a tiny little Brazilian gaming site called Blogeek run by Douglas Pereia stumbled upon some new information and screens of Capcom's Street Fighter IV, which were due to be revealed in the next issue of EGM, which will surely grace bathroom floors across the country when it comes out. Gaming websites around the world - including Kotaku - picked up the story and ran with it. Douglas received the information from an anonymous source, but it all looks and feels legit. Well now said information has been confirmed in the form of a threatening e-mail to Douglas from André Forastieri, the boss of Futuro Comunicação, the publisher of the Brazilian EGM.

''The content you posted in the site blogeek is property of Ziff Davis, given from Capcom only to Ziff Davis and EGM issues, with embargo for the publications. Your publication of this subject is theft of intellectual property and should have immediate legal consequences. Ziff Davis and Futuro want you to cut off the content form your site immediately.''

Pereia informed me that a follow up email informed him that Ziff Davis and Capcom lawyers were working to see what they could do to him, and that sales of the Street Fighter IV issue of EGM would suffer from the leak and he was responsible. Pressure is being put on Pereia to reveal his source as well, though Douglas refuses to do so.

He has, however, removed the post from Blogeek and taken the site down, posting a message on the front page apologizing for the leaked information.

The poor guy is terrified. He's been threatened with police visits, lawsuits, and the very wrath of Ziff Davis, all because information that would have eventually been all over the internet wound up all over the internet. While I can understand the frustration of having a major story plastered across every gaming site in creation before the issue hits stands, they really need to focus on dealing with their own security issues instead of closing the barn door after the cows are all gone.

Why pick on Douglas Pereia and Blogeek? Because they know they can. A small site without a very large fan base is much easier to fool with threats than a large website with untold numbers of regular readers. The main gist of this is they want to know his source, and they're trying to strong-arm him into giving it. Just sad.

As of this writing, Kotaku has received no similar threats, despite the pictures and information being available for all to view.
arlier today, we posted about the plight of "tiny Brazilian blog" Blogeek, who, as you may remember, posted a pair of screen shots of Street Fighter IV yesterday. Amazingly, the site scooped 1UP to its own exclusive, claiming it had received the screens and details on the Capcom fighter from an "anonymous source." The site's owner, Douglas Pereira, wrote us this morning, crying out for help. "Ziff Davis is going after me. They're chasing me," he lamented. It was very heart-wrenching.

Sounds like EGM and 1UP were quite justified in their legal "picking on" of Pereira and Blogeek. He's an EGM Brazil freelancer and has now admitted to swiping the pics from Ziff-Davis' own media servers. EGM editor-in-chief Dan Hsu, who says ZD has the IP logs of the transgression to back it up, explains.

''Guys, maybe a little journalistic investigating before you blast us? How about talking to Ziff Davis to get the "full story"? This guy did not get the information from an "anonymous source." He's a freelancer for EGM Brazil who finally admitted to them that he did not have a source, but rather, stole the information from our servers (we have IP logs for this). He used his working relationship with EGM Brazil, stole a password, and took information from our story and posted it up before we could.

If one of Kotaku's freelancers stole a password to steal a scoop, would that be cool? I'd be OK with it if, indeed, he had a source that leaked the information (I stood up for Kotaku for that very act in last year's Sony debacle). But that's not what's happened. What he did was just outright illegal, irresponsible, and is not what journalists are supposed to do.

Please, next time, before blasting us...maybe get the other side of the story?''

so i guess he was in the wrong after all... but we would have got this information eventually so it doesn't really matter (for us forum readers at least).

This post has been edited by dmhc69 on Dec 7 2007, 10:24 PM
dmhc69
  Posted on Dec 18 2007, 03:57 PM

IDW Goldmember

SF IV Info:

-Producer is Yoshinori Ono, who worked on SF Alpha, SF III, and oversaw Capcom Fighting Revolution

-Ono wants it to be the "second coming" of SF II. Wants it to feel like "homecoming" for SF II fans

-The look is not really similiar to the teaser trailer. A "cartoon-shaded style that manages to evoke SF II reimagined in 3d"

-Takes place after SFII Turbo and before SF III

-Runs in 60FPS

-Camera doesn't budge

-Gameplay sticking with 2D- Ono wants to "preserve the strategic nature of SF II"

-Game is more aggressive- more about attacking than defending. Many of the SFIII and Alpha gameplay systems have been scrapped

-Controls are traditional- "in its current early state, the game feels remarkably close to Super SFII Turbo"

-System ommissions: parries, alpha counters, tech rolls, custom combos, air blocking, air fireballs

-Online play is planned with potential for microtransactions such as new characters and stages

-Trying to get "as many SFII characters in as possible"

-Producer says they haven't decided what platforms or even if there will be an arcade version

-Ono not enthusiastic about making it an exclusive- wants to get it out on as many platforms as possible
dmhc69
  Posted on Dec 21 2007, 05:15 PM

IDW Goldmember

not entirely SF4 related, but 1UP have been putting up a good couple of articles related to the SF franchise. definately worth a read if you're a fan!

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3164488
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted on Dec 21 2007, 06:35 PM

QUOTE (dmhc69 @ Dec 18 2007, 06:57 PM)
-System ommissions: parries, alpha counters, tech rolls, custom combos, air blocking, air fireballs

-Online play is planned with potential for microtransactions such as new characters and stages

this game sounds like it's going to be beefy!!!

-Trying to get "as many SFII characters in as possible"

They'd better have one of the three following chars in it.

Colonel Guile! (hahha, yeah, i know Van Damme wasnt a great Guile, but this clip was funny, at least to me tongue.gif)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr6xjbGc2XY&feature=related
Akuma! (raging demon for the win!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv3rxEcdCu8&feature=related
Charlie! (but, highly unlikely).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrUOImvQuSs&feature=related

Chun Li is a given, so i wont list her here. dribble.gif
Excel
Posted on Dec 21 2007, 11:48 PM

Snake is Sony's lone hero

Member No.: 4,625

Didn't Charlie die at the end of the Alpha series? He probably wouldn't be in this one then pinch2.gif
dmhc69
  Posted on Dec 22 2007, 01:17 AM

IDW Goldmember

here's where it gets a bit confusing...

if Bison could be in this new game, then i'd say Guile would be too. but Bison was (officially) killed by Akuma at the end of SF2. so that kinda rules out Guile to me because his whole backstory revolved around him getting revenge on Bison for killing Charlie. and considering Charlie is supposedly dead, he can't be in it either (but the whole story of Charlie being killed is a bit vague). Akuma could end up being in it too, as his story between the end of SF2 and the beginning of SF3 is virtually non-existant.

essentially, they could add pretty much any character from any SF game that hasn't already been killed. it should be very interesting to see who they end up going with. personally, i can see Sagat and Vega making a comeback (not so much Balrog, but he too could be reintroduced), and maybe even E. Honda!

This post has been edited by dmhc69 on Dec 22 2007, 01:21 AM
dmhc69
  Posted on Dec 26 2007, 06:44 PM

IDW Goldmember

1UP has some big updates as part of their SF4 hub page.

Interview with Daigo Ikeno (Capcom Artist)
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3165156

SF4 Hands-on
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3165157

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

This post has been edited by dmhc69 on Dec 26 2007, 06:50 PM
Möbius
Posted on Dec 26 2007, 07:03 PM

IDW Top Poster

Interesting, this kind of piques my interest a bit more in the game. But I can't shake the feeling of SF:EX... sad.gif
dmhc69
  Posted on Dec 28 2007, 03:04 PM

IDW Goldmember

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/16818
EXCLUSIVE: First gameplay & developer chat

80 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »