Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing Robert Patton - Big in Japan

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,304  ·  Replies: 5 
> Sir Christopher Lee passes away at 93
APX
  Posted: Jun 11 2015, 08:14 AM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,473

Sir Christopher Lee, known as the master of horror, has died at the age of 93 after being hospitalised for respiratory problems and heart failure.

The veteran actor, immortalised in films from Dracula to The Wicker Man, and via James Bond villainy to the Lord of the Rings trilogy, died at 8.30am on Sunday morning at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital in London.

His wife, the former Danish model Birgit Kroencke, decided to hold back the information for four days until all family members and friends were informed. The couple had been married for more than 50 years and had one daughter, Christina.
YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z16_mx1edG0 )

Everybody knows him as Dracular or Saruman, but he was also a metal man, which made me love the guy, never too old to make metal music, and he had a awesome voice. R.I.P. Sir Christopher Lee, you were a great man, and I thank your wife for letting the family know before the media, hats off to you. sad.gif
MetalMan777
Posted: Jun 11 2015, 08:23 AM

Snooping as usual

Member No.: 32,588

Wizard, Sith lord, metalhead. Hardly a surprise at age 93, but he'll be missed.
Shirogane
Posted: Jun 11 2015, 10:32 AM

SCREEEEEEECHING INTENSIFIES

Member No.: 17,722

Fuck. I was hoping this moment would never happen. At least he lived a good life when he got up to 93 years old. sad.gif

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1934 x 1088. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This was the first time I saw Lee in a movie - and it wasn't a James Bond flick. Granted, Horror Express wasn't that great, but hey.

RIP, good sir.

This post has been edited by Shirogane on Jun 11 2015, 10:33 AM
Saint
Posted: Jun 11 2015, 12:33 PM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Member No.: 2,067

First saw him as Saruman, then as Count Dooku. Then I started to notice him in other movies due to his striking, classy features.

Good age to go, though. Hope he went peacefully. RIP.
takumi333
Posted: Jun 11 2015, 12:59 PM

Mixmaster General

Member No.: 45,197

He was truly one of the greats. My favorite film of his is The Wicker Man but he was brilliant in all the Hammer Horror flicks and LOTR films as well.

RIP Sir Christopher Lee
SgtXDNX
Posted: Jun 12 2015, 12:14 AM

Goddamn Electric

Member No.: 23,073

No mention of the bloke's badassery would be complete without talking about his WWII service (even working with the Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare for a while), speaking six languages fluently, doing all of his own stunts and being a goddamned champion fencer.

Hell of a loss. sad.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums