Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing (Wangan Midnight OST) Remains of S30Z

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

8 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 29,523  ·  Replies: 185 
> Initial D in tagalog?
mark4000
Posted: May 4 2007, 03:54 AM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 18,584

..To a point, yes. And the voicer of Takumi kills me. He sounds like a prep-school boy. As in, an exclusive-school kid, not a preschooler.

He's nothing like Takumi. That's why he'll never be able to voice him properly.
Stormeye
Posted: May 7 2007, 04:55 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,174

Yeah. He's too...err...well he really is a conyo, even in real life. He supposedly went to that John Robert Powers thing, that manners school. XP

But he's cute, I'll give him that. Okay, waaaaait...OT! OT!

They should have picked someone who's a bit more like the character, or at least understands his standpoint. Someone a bit less pop-culture cute and a bit more skilled. Although Mateo tries, you can see that. He tries, we have to at least give him that.
mark4000
Posted: May 7 2007, 08:20 PM

IDW Goldmember

They should've brought someone abit more "down to earth" than Mateo. That would've probably made the show abit more bearable.
twitchykun
Posted: May 7 2007, 08:20 PM

F*ck land I'm on a boat Motherf*cker!

Member No.: 20,454

are there any youtubes of this dub? I just have to hear it in tagalog. Maybe then i can get my cousins in on I-D and family get-togethers won't be as awkward.
mark4000
Posted: May 7 2007, 08:34 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (Manu @ Apr 15 2007, 04:09 PM)
Initial D in tagalog biggrin.gif heto na ang link para sa mga taong may katanungan kng anu ang kinalabasan ng Initial D in tagalog i admit myself that ngyn ko lng napanood e2 biggrin.gif

thanks pla kay T3chn0Magus

here it is. wink2.gif

(damn you, 20 char limit! >_<)
Stormeye
Posted: May 8 2007, 01:54 AM

IDW Expert Member

I think you're right there.
marauder340
Posted: May 9 2007, 01:37 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 24,290

The Filipino-English dubbing of 4th stage on animax was really disturbing cuz they could've just dubbed it in pure English instead even while retaining the voice actors (Ryosuke and Keisuke's voices fit like a charm). If they were gonna change anyway, Takumi would be the only one that should be changed, the guy sounds like a wimp.

This post has been edited by marauder340 on May 9 2007, 01:38 AM
twitchykun
Posted: May 9 2007, 04:42 AM

I want to strangle the "celebrity" that dubbed Takumi. I was waiting for these things after watching the dub:

1. A shack to explode
2. Eddie Garcia to kill someone in a church gunfight
3. Keisuke and Kyoko to make up while some random filipino song plays in the background
4. Rica Peralejo to pop up in a bikini^^.
mark4000
Posted: May 9 2007, 04:50 AM

IDW Goldmember

celebrity? lol. He was just some racer that got picked for all the wrong reasons. dry.gif

Geez. they shouldn't have picked him in the first place so I wouldn't be hating him so much right now. I curse at every billboard and poster I've seen with him on it.
Stormeye
Posted: May 9 2007, 04:52 PM

IDW Expert Member

And the reason they picked him up? He's a racer. Anyway, yeah, the Takahashi brother's voices fit fine, but it should have been in English. AND NO DISSING PINOY SONGS!!! *growls* Although it would have been disturbing if Keisuke and Kyoko did make up while a random OPM romantic song ("The Closer I Get To You" by MYMP or "You'll Be Safe Here" by...err...who again?) plays in the background.

Oh yeah, and it would be horrifying if Eddie Garcia did pop up and hold a church gunfight. Only it would be a shrine gunfight, since it's Japan.

And no dissing Rica Paralejo! Although yeah, another disturbing thing.

Although we must give props to Mateo for being cute (and his hair is the model for the hair of one of mine and Kamyuz's OCs, Stefano), I do curse at any and all billboards of him. *kills billboards*

Worst. Takumi. Ever. *siiiiiigh*
brian_infinispirit
Posted: May 9 2007, 09:33 PM

The Dozuki Master

Member No.: 20,372

well ok taglish dubbing for ID 4th stage was kinda awful for most of us... but i guess this was still better than ID 2nd stage, that was worse (takumi didn't sound sleepy and uninterested, itsuki didn't sound energetic, ryosuke didn't sound smart)...

...but so far ID 1st stage still had the best dubbing quality...
twitchykun
Posted: May 10 2007, 04:06 AM

QUOTE (Stormeye @ Yesterday at 4:52 PM)
And the reason they picked him up? He's a racer. Anyway, yeah, the Takahashi brother's voices fit fine, but it should have been in English. AND NO DISSING PINOY SONGS!!! *growls* Although it would have been disturbing if Keisuke and Kyoko did make up while a random OPM romantic song ("The Closer I Get To You" by MYMP or "You'll Be Safe Here" by...err...who again?) plays in the background.

Oh yeah, and it would be horrifying if Eddie Garcia did pop up and hold a church gunfight. Only it would be a shrine gunfight, since it's Japan.

And no dissing Rica Paralejo! Although yeah, another disturbing thing.

Although we must give props to Mateo for being cute (and his hair is the model for the hair of one of mine and Kamyuz's OCs, Stefano), I do curse at any and all billboards of him. *kills billboards*

Worst. Takumi. Ever. *siiiiiigh*

Rica Peralejo....RAWR. HAWT. *drool*

Only reason i'd go back to PI.

And i'm not bashing OPM songs, but you know that there would be one. I've sat through countless ABS-CBN dramas in the states (Pangako Sa'Yo and that one drama where the girl gets hit by a bus in the first episode), and there's always a song.

As for Eddie Garcia, there's that shrine before the Irohazaka-hop, maybe he could have a gunfight and then blow it up =P.

Actually, replace Kyoko Iwase with Rica......RAWR. HAWT.
Stormeye
Posted: May 10 2007, 08:35 PM

IDW Expert Member

But Kyoko's a stalker! *complains*

Anyway...Takumi sounds too hyper. The voicer for Itsuki though...props. He's good. And Kyoko's voicer is who again...whoever she was, she was good. I know she's a celeb but I forgot which.

...*siiigh*
mark4000
Posted: May 11 2007, 01:56 AM

IDW Goldmember

Takumi sounds too hyper

huh...? where? which stage? 4th? Are you serious? I barely saw any emotion from him. It's like it was always his first time reading the script while doing the recording. blink.gif
twitchykun
Posted: May 12 2007, 04:09 AM

wasn't Angel Locsin voicing Kyoko? If it was Judy-Ann Santos i'd fly back to the philippines and scissor-kick the voice acting director in the back of the head.
speedway_pinoy
Posted: May 12 2007, 07:40 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 4,195

havne't been on the forums for almost 2 years and I find this thread grin2.gif
kamyuz
Posted: May 13 2007, 05:21 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 23,693

QUOTE (brian_infinispirit @ May 9 2007, 09:33 PM)
well ok taglish dubbing for ID 4th stage was kinda awful for most of us... but i guess this was still better than ID 2nd stage, that was worse (takumi didn't sound sleepy and uninterested, itsuki didn't sound energetic, ryosuke didn't sound smart)...

...but so far ID 1st stage still had the best dubbing quality...

You serious about that? I thought 4th Stage was pretty decent, except for Takumi. 2nd Stage wasn't amazing, but it sounded much better than 1st... At least in my opinion...

Stormeye: It is? Since when...? Or maybe I had a completely different image... XP
Stormeye
Posted: May 14 2007, 07:33 PM

IDW Expert Member

Kamyuz: Yay! She uses my avy...kinda. DAMN YOU FOR REMOVING THE ENTIRE QUOTE!! Oh well. Where'd you get ze siggy?

Anyway, yeah, Takumi sounds hyper. V. hyper. Dangit.

And yeah, Angel Locsin. If it was Judy Ann I'd die in convulsions. BTW, Mateo's cute, very. Just thought you should know because have weeny crush on him. Ha ha.

But yeah, still worse Takumi voicer ever.
darth_stitch
Posted: May 19 2007, 06:44 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 16,482

Ahhh... Initial D in Tagalog. I have to agree. Matteo Guidicelli is cute but please sweet God - DO NOT SPEAK. EVER. Picking him to play a sleepy, shy, diffident teenager who comes from a middle-middle class background and who probably goes to Japan's equivalent was not the most intelligent thing Animax has ever done. It was the conyotic (preppy-boy) accent that made me cringe. I'll grant you that the poor guy tried... but that's not Takumi. Takumi, for all you Western folks out there, if he were Pinoy, would probably speak regular Pinoy Taglish (that's Tagalog-English) in a typically heavy Pinoy accent. Fellow Pinoys out there will know what I mean - i.e. "this" will sound like "dis" or "the" will sound like "da" - hehehehehe. *sheepish*

Most of us do that, although I confess I slip into typical preppy-girl Tagalog-English sometimes - it's usual for kids who've grown up in the States and/or who've grown up watching American cartoons and shows like I did (Sesame Street - yay!). So the accent will be a little better when we speak English words.

Now Ryosuke and Keisuke with the conyo accents made more sense - they're rich and that's kinda typical for them.

As for the Animax English dubs - Takumi and the rest of the gang sounded okay, except for Nakazato, who for some reason DOES sound like he stepped out of a bad Italian gangster movie. What the heck is up with that?! Oy vei....
mark4000
Posted: May 19 2007, 04:57 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (darth_stitch @ Yesterday at 10:44 PM)
Ahhh... Initial D in Tagalog. I have to agree. Matteo Guidicelli is cute but please sweet God - DO NOT SPEAK. EVER. Picking him to play a sleepy, shy, diffident teenager who comes from a middle-middle class background and who probably goes to Japan's equivalent was not the most intelligent thing Animax has ever done. It was the conyotic (preppy-boy) accent that made me cringe. I'll grant you that the poor guy tried... but that's not Takumi. Takumi, for all you Western folks out there, if he were Pinoy, would probably speak regular Pinoy Taglish (that's Tagalog-English) in a typically heavy Pinoy accent. Fellow Pinoys out there will know what I mean - i.e. "this" will sound like "dis" or "the" will sound like "da" - hehehehehe. *sheepish*

Most of us do that, although I confess I slip into typical preppy-girl Tagalog-English sometimes - it's usual for kids who've grown up in the States and/or who've grown up watching American cartoons and shows like I did (Sesame Street - yay!). So the accent will be a little better when we speak English words.

Now Ryosuke and Keisuke with the conyo accents made more sense - they're rich and that's kinda typical for them.

As for the Animax English dubs - Takumi and the rest of the gang sounded okay, except for Nakazato, who for some reason DOES sound like he stepped out of a bad Italian gangster movie. What the heck is up with that?! Oy vei....

I totally agree. biggrin.gif

BTW. I forgot to mention this. Bunta's dubber in 4th stage was TEH L33T!! I swear, that has got to be the best tagalog version Bunta I've ever seen. pinch2.gif
T3chn0Magus
Posted: May 20 2007, 05:44 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 24,500

hmmmm, mukhang madugo ata usapan dito ah.....ganun ba talaga kasama ung tagalog dub ng initial d? unsure.gif

SPOILER

This post has been edited by T3chn0Magus on May 20 2007, 05:51 AM
twitchykun
Posted: May 20 2007, 08:11 AM

QUOTE (T3chn0Magus @ Today at 5:44 AM)
hmmmm, mukhang madugo ata usapan dito ah.....ganun ba talaga kasama ung tagalog dub ng initial d? unsure.gif

SPOILER

Oh come now Baxter you know i don't speak spanish, in english please laugh.gif .

Actually, i'd like to watch episode 6 in tagalog. I wonder how tomo and Todou-juku sound.
gian7675
Posted: May 20 2007, 12:37 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 2,356

QUOTE (T3chn0Magus @ Today at 5:44 AM)

SPOILER

Yes please do! It'll be very interesting smile.gif
Stormeye
Posted: May 21 2007, 04:33 PM

IDW Expert Member

AGREED!!! And yes, agree with the fact that 4th Stage Bunta was v. good. And yeah...Mateo sounded to little-boy-shy to me, not disillusioned teen. If Animax had to hire Mateo...*hmm*...Chronicle of The Wings - Mokona.

But that's just me, ha ha.

The Animax English dubs actually did good for the IniD series...unlike some other animes which left us in fits of terror.

And no dissing preppy-girl looniness! Although I have kanto-girl/bisaya accented tagalog. *siiiiigh*

But Kyoko's voicer was good though. Angel Locsin, di ba?
darth_stitch
Posted: May 22 2007, 07:26 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 16,482

Hey! Bwahahaha - I used to belong to the preppy-girl speaking tribe. Still do. I grew up with that - goshdarnit! What 16 years of private Catholic girls' school in the Philippines will do to ya, eh?

I am guilty of saying variations of "making tusok-tusok the fishball" even if I do NOT come from the private girls' school that is said to be the source of that infamous phrase. Hehe. I went to the rival school. tongue.gif

Personally, I rather liked EVERYBODY in 4th Stage Initial D in Tagalog EXCEPT for Matteo. Because I always imagined Ryosuke (yeah, I have a crush on him too, doesn't everyone?) and Keisuke to talk thataway if they were Pinoys. And no problem with Angel Locsin - dubbing for Kyoko is a no-brainer kinda role.

Matteo could do Mokona. BWAHAHAHAHA! Maybe for the Mokona in Rayearth as well. smile2.gif

If there was one thing the Animax English dubs did right was that THEY. RETAINED. THE. EUROBEAT. I could live with the whole censoring Mogi being a 'ho thing. But for me, Tokoyopop's biggest crime was removing the Eurobeat and replacing it with that godawful crap that passed for music.

8 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6 »