Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Za~Za - Love And Money

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 4,398  ·  Replies: 6 
> Is Initial D dead?, :o
FujiDrifter
  Posted: Feb 1 2017, 11:04 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,932

I just got done with the Final stage, skipped through a lot just to see the races, must saw the important bits..

My question is.. is it over?
the ending of it was Bunta and some other dudes going over the pro driving, and how Takumi's "dream" will never die. I teared up so I had to re-watch the first stage, god the animation and the crappy 3D rendered cars, but is the WHOOOLE Initial D over, I mean it's the "Final Stage" but it's not a perfect ending

I feel like there should be a sh*t ton of more episodes, maybe after Takumi moved on from Project D. I heard maybe the squeal would be Rally cross related, but nothing beats the Akina Speed Stars ripping their S13's and Hachi Rokus through Mt. Haruna. Of course the 'D' in Initial D means "Initial Dream" so "Final Dream" would mean it's over, but

http://artofgears.com/2016/02/09/initial-d...t-rally-racing/
^ Link for the Second Initial D rumors

He said if it were to come out, not confirming, I just wanna know if I should continue hoping for this, or give my hopes up, (Even though I would kill for a second Initial D, no matter if it's drifting, Touge, or Rally)

This post has been edited by FujiDrifter on Feb 1 2017, 11:06 PM
xiao
Posted: Feb 1 2017, 11:53 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

Welcome to the forum Fuji! \(^ω^)/

Yeah Initial D is ded wwww no need to sugar coat it ~ XD

Did you watch the 3 remake movies already...?? 😳 Not much else to the anime tho ~

Are you a JET or Peter Payne's cousin...?? Usually people opt living in more civilized regions of the olden Yamato nadeshicountry like Tokyo or Osaka or Sapporo or Hideo Kojima's moving castle in the sky ...

Anywho go watch the movies legally available in Nyaa banzaii !! ✌
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Meteor
Posted: Feb 2 2017, 01:57 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 20,929

Those rumors about Initial D 2 are just people overreacting to something Shigeno said in an interview once. The interviewer asked him about more Initial D, and he said that if (keyword: if) he continued the series, he might focus on rally racing this time.

Yes. As far as the present is concerned, Initial D is over. You're just gonna have to accept that and treasure the good times.

This post has been edited by Meteor on Feb 2 2017, 01:57 AM
FujiDrifter
  Posted: Feb 2 2017, 09:37 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 47,932

QUOTE (Meteor @ 7 hours, 40 minutes ago)
Those rumors about Initial D 2 are just people overreacting to something Shigeno said in an interview once. The interviewer asked him about more Initial D, and he said that if (keyword: if) he continued the series, he might focus on rally racing this time.

Yes. As far as the present is concerned, Initial D is over. You're just gonna have to accept that and treasure the good times.

It'd be pretty dumb to talk about Takumi's dream not being over, then end the anime.

But that's Anime creators for ya.
BOZZ
Posted: Feb 2 2017, 04:30 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,414

As some have already said in this thread, unfortunately Initial D is done with the remake of First Stage in a trilogy of movies.

I doubt the author would ever come back to it, he is in his 50s, and he seems to be enjoying writing a manga about women's baseball.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
stealthninja123
Posted: Feb 14 2017, 09:45 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 46,033

QUOTE (FujiDrifter @ Feb 1 2017, 11:04 PM)
I just got done with the Final stage, skipped through a lot just to see the races, must saw the important bits..

You can check out my thread here for First, Second, Fifth & Final Stages touge battles in 1080p if you're interested in rewatching Initial D in the future smile.gif

Link is attached below:
https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=48379
Toua77
Posted: Feb 17 2017, 04:56 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 48,001

That rally racing thing would be awesome. Totally different mechanic than the 1 on 1's on the mountain.