Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing J. Storm - Dancin' In My Dreams

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 47,064  ·  Replies: 16 
> Extra Stage Uncensored Scenes, NSFW
PacoChan
  Posted: May 3 2012, 04:23 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,584

Hi everyone. I've recently become a fan of Initial D and I liked it so much that I recently bought a Spanish collector's edition DVDs with all the stages. In one of them, there is a file inside the DVD with a video that can't be accessed through the DVD menus. It contains uncesored versions of the shower and thermal bath scenes.

Yeah, I know in the original Extra Stage you can see some breasts, but in this version you can see them the whole time. I've searched on the internet and on this forum and I haven't found anything about this version.

Screens:
http://i.imgur.com/upCPo.jpg (NSFW)

And here you can download the video (this extra video only has the crappy spanish dub):
http://www.zshare.net/?5tv3ze5pa7uqouo (NSFW)

(Sorry, I can't post full links yet)

Have you guys seen it?

This post has been edited by Perry on May 3 2012, 04:47 PM
kyonpalm
Posted: May 3 2012, 04:37 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

You sure that's fully uncensored? My TokyoPop Extra Stage DVD looks about the same, if I'm not mistaken. At least, the shower scene definitely does.

EDIT:
On second thought, those do look a bit cleared up. I wonder why that is. I'm almost positive the hot springs scene wasn't that clear.

This post has been edited by kyonpalm on May 3 2012, 04:40 PM
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Perry
Posted: May 3 2012, 04:47 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

Made the links clickable in OP. Thanks for sharing PacoChan!

Yes, that uncensored version is not available in the original Japanese DVD or even the TokyoPop DVD due to regulations I believe. Spain has a more relaxed criterion when it comes to nude scenes in animation or live action. I don't think I've ever see that scene with that clarity either. So thanks again for sharing.

I've added Not Safe For Work tag for you, so people don't accidentally click on it when they are at work. derp.gif
PacoChan
  Posted: May 3 2012, 05:04 PM

IDW Member

Here's an image of the normal version. The difference is very obvious lol

http://i.imgur.com/L51Ba.jpg

This post has been edited by Perry on May 3 2012, 08:34 PM
Tessou
Posted: May 3 2012, 05:05 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

Confirmed a few seconds ago. The FUNimation DVDs don't have this, either. The water in the hot springs scene is grey and murky so you can't see anything.

I put in my copy of FUNimation's Second Stage Disc 3, which is the Extra Stage disc, and watched both scenes. They were considerably foggier and the water was changed to grey.

Good find!
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Wanderer
Posted: May 3 2012, 05:06 PM

The Watcher

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 35,816

So my question is, is this the original format the animators made it in?
Tessou
Posted: May 3 2012, 05:11 PM

Group Icon

It looks like original animation. No idea how a Spanish dub would magically get the completely unedited version and nobody else did. You would think the Japanese, in their usual fashion, would have the completely unedited version on their DVDs.

I can understand covering things up for the TV broadcast. DVDs, however, usually come out without edits.
PacoChan
  Posted: May 3 2012, 05:12 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (Tessou @ 7 minutes, 25 seconds ago)
I put in my copy of FUNimation's Second Stage Disc 3, which is the Extra Stage disc, and watched both scenes. They were considerably foggier and the water was changed to grey.

Have you opened the VIDEO_TS folder of your DVD with the PC? In my version, that uncensored video can only be found there as a hidden easter egg or something. My full Extra Stage is the censored version too.

This post has been edited by PacoChan on May 3 2012, 05:15 PM
Tessou
Posted: May 3 2012, 05:16 PM

Group Icon

Everything in the VIDEO_TS folder corresponds to the video normally accessed in the DVD menu itself. There's no special, hidden features.

WHOA HOLD ON! In the "Extras" menu of disc 3, there's options for Uncut Extra Stage 1 and Uncut Extra Stage 2! These have the same video presented here. thumbsup.gif
Wanderer
Posted: May 3 2012, 05:21 PM

The Watcher

Member No.: 35,816

Does anybody mind if I post the video embedded here for anybody who doesn't feel like dl'ing it? Just want to ask before doing it...

EDIT: Okey-doke.

This post has been edited by ATRUM_Neto on May 3 2012, 05:38 PM
Tessou
Posted: May 3 2012, 05:35 PM

Group Icon

It's explicit content, so I would advise against it. You guys should be happy this thread is allowed in the first place.
oneofakind2k6
Posted: May 3 2012, 06:40 PM

The Eurobeat Prodigy

Member No.: 16,917

My copy of ES had those scenes in it and I had bought it off the internet. It was the Japanese dub and I believe the english subs were fan made but the picture quality wasn't as good as those. However, it was fully uncensored in my copy; I still need to get the Funimation dub of the Initial D series. I only downloaded 3rd stage onto my Xbox 360 so I have a ways to go :/
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: May 3 2012, 08:51 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

Perry would allow those links in the OP. How typical... I'm just kidding! What an interesting find. Now I have to check my Second Stage DVDs for this, since my version of Second Stage somehow came with the OVAs. pinch2.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 3 2012, 10:12 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Yeah, I wonder if my original Tokyopop DVDs had that. I'd check but they're on the other side of the country from me. laugh2.gif
Tessou
Posted: May 4 2012, 04:49 AM

Group Icon

The extra features on the Tokopop DVDs are pretty sparse. As far as I can tell, after looking through the menus and checking the files on my PC, the completely unedited video is not there.
hackgrid
Posted: Jul 26 2012, 01:36 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 16,046

Great find! smile.gif
hackgrid
Posted: Oct 21 2018, 01:06 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 16,046

As a very late followup, the bluray release seems to include the "uncensored" version ;-)

e.g. nyaa.si 1071514