Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (MF Ghost OST) Go2 - Gotta Go

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

6 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 23,803  ·  Replies: 127 
> Over-Rev, Over-Rev! dead?
EvoKid
  Posted: Sep 7 2006, 02:25 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,056

Ermm....i just asking if the mangacity.com's Over-Rev! series is dead?...
if it is does anyone here have another site showing Over-Rev! too? Best in english...thank to all who help...PLS HELP...lol
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 7 2006, 07:36 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,414

Most likely since it hasn't been scanlated, or really any project from Mangacity, in a very long time.

Please use the search function, there is already an OverRev thread, heck it's just down a few threads. smile.gif
r33skyline
Posted: Sep 16 2006, 02:30 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 18,249

Someone know if Over Rev finish @ Vol 31?
Actualy I have the Manga City's scanlation and ALL the manga (Jap) Vol 1---31 but i don't know if it's all whistling.gif
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 16 2006, 02:46 PM

QUOTE (r33skyline @ Today at 6:30 PM)
Someone know if Over Rev finish @ Vol 31?
Actualy I have the Manga City's scanlation and ALL the manga (Jap) Vol 1---31 but i don't know if it's all whistling.gif

Volume 31 should be the end of it...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...nga.php?id=2540

Last volume came out 2 years ago... so I would think it's finished...
Taku_E70
Posted: Sep 16 2006, 04:30 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 6,100

=O FINISHED?!?!
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 16 2006, 05:13 PM

Uhhh... Yeah, that's what it looks like...
r33skyline
Posted: Sep 17 2006, 02:30 AM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (BOZZ @ Yesterday at 3:46 PM)
Volume 31 should be the end of it...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...nga.php?id=2540

Last volume came out 2 years ago... so I would think it's finished...

Thank you very much! smile.gif
But she looked 18 of..
Posted: Sep 17 2006, 06:15 AM

I put the F U in FUN

Member No.: 1,546

wtf I'm only on volume 5(chapter 50). So are the rest of the volumes translated? blink.gif
Lakersfanman33
Posted: Sep 17 2006, 06:24 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 2,617

QUOTE (But she looked 18 officer @ Today at 10:15 AM)
wtf I'm only on volume 5(chapter 50). So are the rest of the volumes translated? blink.gif

Unfortunately, no. I WANT MY OVER REV GODDAMNIT!
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 17 2006, 07:17 AM

QUOTE (But she looked 18 officer @ Today at 10:15 AM)

Nope , the guys who were translating stop, I think translating everything they were doing... it happens, these guys have lives too you know?

It's too bad that OverRev (just like Initial D) is a bit of a niche title in the Manga scanlation community otherwise some other group would have picked up either series and continued it from where someone left off...
r33skyline
Posted: Sep 17 2006, 11:35 AM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (BOZZ @ Today at 8:17 AM)
Nope , the guys who were translating stop, I think translating everything they were doing... it happens, these guys have lives too you know?

It's too bad that OverRev (just like Initial D) is a bit of a niche title in the Manga scanlation community otherwise some other group would have picked up either series and continued it from where someone left off...

"Normal" manga readers want sci-fi, shojo and Dragon Ball sleep.gif

Racing mangas like Initial D, Over Rev, F and also Yoroshiku mechadock (I bought 10/12 volumes last summer in Tokyo... dribble.gif ) aren't easy to understand by most readers 'cause of technical terms and detailed real driving techniques!

This is the main reason because Racing Mangas have less space than other genres sad.gif
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 17 2006, 03:11 PM

Well it's more like "normal" manga readers want fan service, comedies, love stories (shoujo and shonen), action, sci-fi, fantasy, and general stuff like, as you mentioned, DBZ.

What are those last 2 mangas you mentioned? F and Yoroshiku Mechadock? What are they about?
Rudy
Posted: Sep 17 2006, 06:56 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 17 2006, 08:21 PM

Well I'd definetly be interested in doing edits in Photoshop, maybe we could get a group going to scanlate it?
But she looked 18 of..
Posted: Sep 17 2006, 08:37 PM

I put the F U in FUN

Member No.: 1,546

I'm actually suprised somebody from IDW hasnt stepped up to do it already. Granted it's a lot of work but I've seen some really nerdy ppl here that like that kind of stuff. smile.gif
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 17 2006, 09:40 PM

Heh... nerdy... geeky is a better word for it...

It's not a matter of some really "geeky" people here that like this kind of stuff it's that most don't know to speak or read Japanese.

It's also not easy trying to convince someone to work on a manga project... When this one manga, Zetman (think of it as Japanese Batman) was released a few years back, I tried to convince the head of a scanlation group I was working with, called meow, to pick up the project. I lamented on how awesome the artwork was and how the story seemed pretty good, but in the end it never took off, perhaps because the scan quality was low, or perhaps other reasons. Either way it wasn't easy even getting the guy to consider doing it.

My offer stands though, if someone is willing to translate it, I am willing to take a few hours out of my week to package them up all nicely in Photoshop.
r33skyline
Posted: Sep 19 2006, 01:52 AM

IDW Senior Member

F (1986) is a manga from Noboru Rokuda that tells the story of two guys: Gunma, a talented but selfish driver and Tamotsu, an excellent mechanic)
They begin to race in FJ 1660, then F3 and... rolleyes.gif
This plot interlaces the story of Gunma's Family.
Soichiro is the rich strict father, Shoma the envious big stepbrother and Yuma, the little stepbrother that create a racing team to challenge Gunma

[Special guests in the story: Enzo Ferrari, all 1991 F1 Drivers and some Japanese Drivers]

This is the Italian cover (I'm from Italy cool.gif )of the manga [renamed "F - Motori in pista" (F - Cars on track)]
user posted image

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yoroshiku Mechadoc (1984) is the story of the MechaDoc workshop (Mechanical Doctor) where works three guys.
The story alternate some everyday's tuner life and races ( The Cannonball, a 0-400 drag contest, a circuit race and many more...)
Every three-four chapters there are many technical info about engines, turbochargers, superchargers, wankel engine, driving tips with text and pictures

This is a photo of my collection (10/12) and a manga scan with a tech tip wink2.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Both F and Yoroshiku Mechadock had a TV series

This post has been edited by r33skyline on Sep 19 2006, 02:37 AM
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 19 2006, 10:19 AM

Ah, so it's more of a technical series than something like Initial D or Over Rev?
r33skyline
Posted: Sep 19 2006, 10:36 AM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (BOZZ @ Today at 11:19 AM)
Ah, so it's more of a technical series than something like Initial D or Over Rev?

No no, i gave you a incomplete review, I'm sorry! sad.gif

Yoroshiku Mechadock is a manga like Initial D! It's the grandfather of Initial D wink2.gif
The technical tips are a sort of "bonus" the author give to the reader every three-four chapters

The story focus on the cars and the special parts/mods the mechanics mount/made smile.gif
For example the first race car is a Celica XX Jun found in a scrapyard and restored!
Before the drag race (second race) Jun take a Honda CRX Ballade sports and move the engine to the rear of the car !!!!!(explaining the weight distribution smile.gif )

Initial d instead focus only on driving!

I posted the scan of tech tips because was tho only one I had on PC... whistling.gif

This post has been edited by r33skyline on Sep 19 2006, 10:38 AM
Taku_E70
Posted: Sep 20 2006, 08:07 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 6,100

Is there a scalation of F?

Oh and people that dont have 45 - 50 ..

Translated and all.
http://rapidshare.de/files/26845077/Over_R...aCity_.zip.html

turned.gif.
r33skyline
Posted: Sep 21 2006, 12:45 AM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (Taku @ Yesterday at 9:07 PM)
Is there a scalation of F?

turned.gif.

I don't know...

It's strange we (Italian people) have our official translation and there is no english-version blink.gif
Shonen
Posted: Sep 21 2006, 03:48 AM

Master Uploader

Member No.: 8,625

Oh and people that dont have 45 - 50 ..

Translated and all.

Thanks for uploading it, but Rapidshare deleted it. : < Mind reuploading elsewhere? ^^;
Nomake Wan
Posted: Feb 9 2007, 07:07 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Bringing back the "newest" OverRev thread...

Does anyone have a reliable source of Japanese raws for all the volumes of OverRev, and/or all the current scanlations? It's a crime that this series has been completely neglected.

Sadly I cannot read Chinese, and the Chinese website hosting OverRev takes a ridiculous amount of time to load.

So. Anybody got the stuff sitting around?
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Ramaj
Posted: Feb 10 2007, 01:26 AM

yo mama

Member No.: 19,246

Why doesn't ID-W start scanlating the stuff we want to read.

If I remember correctly, someone on here even has the entire Wangan Midnight manga volumes in japanse. scan them and translate them.

We could get TT to do it. he spends too much time on his car anyways. tongue.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Feb 10 2007, 08:21 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Ramaj @ Today at 4:26 AM)
Why doesn't ID-W start scanlating the stuff we want to read.

'Cause we would need the Japanese raws... which... yeah, I think I just requested that. wink2.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project

6 Pages  1 2 3 »