Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS2) Chris Stanton - A Perfect Hero

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 5 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 5,854  ·  Replies: 11 
> I need a IDAS5 card
Subbz
  Posted: Feb 21 2011, 02:47 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,042

I used to play IDAS3 back in the day and stopped. Just recently I saw an IDAS5 machine when I went to our local arcade to go play SSF4AE. I played ID and I really liked how it played plus it was a bit nostalgic for me. I think it's improved a lot since AS3 days. The only thing is that this machine doesn't have any cards and I can't make any of my own. I've tried coming back after a few weeks and still nothing so I doubt they'll be putting anymore cards any time soon. I really wanna play but I don't want to waste my money playing a stock car over and over and not progressing in the game at all. So here's where I need your guy's help. I'm looking for an IDAS5 card that doesn't have anything at all or barely any time spent on it at all. I can pay for what the card is worth if need be. But I'd really appreciate it if someone can donate a crappy but useable card =D. But I highly doubt anyone would be kind enough to do that lol. I'd really appreciate it if you guys can help me out here.
Bumpercam
Posted: Feb 21 2011, 07:46 PM

Rage Against The Light

Member No.: 36,515

1. What version is that machine?
2. Where are you located?

I'm pretty sure there are people here who would be willing to help you once they know your answer of that two questions.
Subbz
  Posted: Feb 21 2011, 08:29 PM

IDW Expert Member

I'm not sure which version it is but I live in nor cal in the bay area. The closest machines are in Milpitas Golfland and Sunnyvale Golfland.
Bumpercam
Posted: Feb 22 2011, 01:30 AM

Rage Against The Light

Member No.: 36,515

The easiest way to determine the version of the machine is to pay attention to the opening screen (the still screen with Takumi in it). There are two versions, EXP 1.0 and EXP 2.0, the two are mutually exclusive (you can't play 1.0 with a 2.0 card and vice versa) but the difference is actually rather minor (no physics change or new courses, unlike MT3DX and MT3DX+ for instance).

This post has been edited by Bumpercam on Feb 22 2011, 01:30 AM
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Feb 22 2011, 01:41 AM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,284

Actually, you can use an EXP1.0 on an EXP2.0 machine, but once you even use it on an EXP2.0, it's forever an EXP2.0 card....
*j*j*
Posted: Feb 22 2011, 06:10 AM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 26,358

QUOTE (Bumpercam @ 4 hours, 40 minutes ago)
The easiest way to determine the version of the machine is to pay attention to the opening screen (the still screen with Takumi in it). There are two versions, EXP 1.0 and EXP 2.0, the two are mutually exclusive (you can't play 1.0 with a 2.0 card and vice versa) but the difference is actually rather minor (no physics change or new courses, unlike MT3DX and MT3DX+ for instance).

there is also a V5 1.1 like us here in malaysia v have 3 versions of V5 facepalm.gif
Subbz
  Posted: Feb 22 2011, 09:50 AM

IDW Expert Member

I think it may be ver 1.0. From what I've read, ver 2.0 has an online option and I'm quite positive those machines don't have it.
initiald34
Posted: Feb 22 2011, 10:59 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 26,341

all the golfland machines are version exp 2.0.
Subbz
  Posted: Feb 22 2011, 02:05 PM

IDW Expert Member

Oh cool. Thanks for clearing that up!

P.S. And also do you happen to know any machines that currently have cards in stock? If not do you have any cards you're not using at all with minimal play?

This post has been edited by Subbz on Feb 22 2011, 07:55 PM
initiald34
Posted: Feb 23 2011, 05:26 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 26,341

i think the castro valley golfland has some. also u can only buy cards when its not arcade mania so yeah.
Subbz
  Posted: Feb 23 2011, 07:46 PM

IDW Expert Member

Cool thanks for that info! I'll probably go and check that place out next week.

Update:
I went to Castro Valley Golf Land the machines doesn't have any cards because apparently making new cards causes the machines to crash so they took them out.

Update 2:
I visited Milpitas Golfland today and to my surprise they finally had cards in stock! So I took the opportunity to make and upgrade my brand new Evo III. Thanks to everyone that responded and tried to help me out smile.gif

This post has been edited by Subbz on Feb 27 2011, 05:51 PM
Jerz
Posted: Mar 15 2011, 02:46 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 37,124

hi to all id racers around the world.. especially to msia n sg.. im jerz from brunei.. we just had ID5 v1.1 last year dec 24th.. the prob now is we are run out of the card in the slot machine for a month -.- im lookin for any suppliers whose selling empty card slot? anyone volunteering? Tq ...