Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Go 2 - Play Loud

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 5 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

24 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 85,339  ·  Replies: 585 
> IDAS5 - Time Attack Lounge, Let's share Your TA's Times here!!! =)
DigiBunny
Posted: May 31 2009, 02:22 AM

Reading is magic!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 30,700

THANK YOU half depressed pedal tekuniku. Now I know how to keep my speed up in Tsukuba's long curves.

Tuskuba OB 3'22'xxx
Iro DH 3'19'xxx(might as well be 3'20)
Akina DH 3'26'xxx

Iro I dont get. I'm cornering usually at about 50-55; and I dont have any wallbangs to speak of...what could I be doing off? Is it straightway acceleration that's killing me?

Akina, I have little trouble with except the final stretch where that horrible, wide looking left hander comes up. I either end up braking too much or turning the wheel waaay too much and getting that stalled drift, AND lose speed. That may be the reason I'm getting times of 3'2x.

As for Tsukuba...bleah. I just know there are certain corners I can really open the throttle on, but the problem that crops up is downhill. I can't judge what distance I have to start braking as i come up at 160-ish, and that's likley going to get me bad. Lining is pretty tight, so I'm over-braking maybe?
Heron
Posted: May 31 2009, 06:00 AM

逆天改命

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,391

Your timings aren't too good. I think you might have a problem with the speeds and acceleration points because you stated Iro DH cornering 50-55. I do it like 39 to 45.

Iro DH timing, 3'09'0.

This post has been edited by Heron on May 31 2009, 06:01 AM
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: May 31 2009, 06:26 AM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Member No.: 5,284

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ 4 hours, 4 minutes ago)
THANK YOU half depressed pedal tekuniku. Now I know how to keep my speed up in Tsukuba's long curves.

Tuskuba OB 3'22'xxx
Iro DH 3'19'xxx(might as well be 3'20)
Akina DH 3'26'xxx

Iro I dont get. I'm cornering usually at about 50-55; and I dont have any wallbangs to speak of...what could I be doing off? Is it straightway acceleration that's killing me?

Akina, I have little trouble with except the final stretch where that horrible, wide looking left hander comes up. I either end up braking too much or turning the wheel waaay too much and getting that stalled drift, AND lose speed. That may be the reason I'm getting times of 3'2x.

As for Tsukuba...bleah. I just know there are certain corners I can really open the throttle on, but the problem that crops up is downhill. I can't judge what distance I have to start braking as i come up at 160-ish, and that's likley going to get me bad. Lining is pretty tight, so I'm over-braking maybe?

You have more than just that left turn in Akina to worry about if you're running 20s.
DigiBunny
Posted: May 31 2009, 07:33 AM

Reading is magic!

Member No.: 30,700

Am I going in corners too hot? Akina speeds are usually 80-ish, and I tend to accelerate as soon as I see the car straighten. I'm not trying to make use of boost, just getting through the map without it to see how well I can etch it's new physics to my head.

Then again, I'm always drifting heavily when I watch a replay; rarely can I find a section wherein I dont have noticeable tailswing.

Edit: After watching some vids, I am INDEED going in faster than I need to. Small issue though. Has anyone noticed the brakes stop being effective once you get lower and lower on your 2nd gear?

This post has been edited by DigiBunny on May 31 2009, 07:37 AM
chin571
Posted: May 31 2009, 07:49 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 32,168

i think akina corner speeds are usually low 70's. happy.gif i'd even drop down to 60's sometimes if i have to just to maintain my line. i usually only go 80's to 90's speeds at soft corners where i want to conserve "boost'. laugh.gif
-ShinRei-
  Posted: May 31 2009, 05:41 PM

The Legendary R Master

Member No.: 29,882

Damn, I'm struggling, I've to persevere or I won't improve sad.gif

Akagi DH Dry: 2"48'5xx (RS)
Akina DH Dry: 3"12'5xx (RS)
Happogahara OB Dry: 3"08'xxx (RS)
Tsukuba OB Dry: 3"05'5xx (RS)
Nagao DH Dry: 3"20'5xx (RS)

PROs please comment, are they good enough?I think only My Akina is not good enough, but I still need Your comment wink2.gif All comment would be appreciated smile.gif
clown321
Posted: Jun 1 2009, 04:34 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 29,433

QUOTE (chin571 @ Yesterday, 7:49 AM)
i think akina corner speeds are usually low 70's. happy.gif i'd even drop down to 60's sometimes if i have to just to maintain my line. i usually only go 80's to 90's speeds at soft corners where i want to conserve "boost'. laugh.gif

so that means if i turn at 70-80(or maybe low 70), i can get a better timing? my car is 7-6-0-0-0 with 3'16"3xx timing and i usually turn at low 80s
Glocker
Posted: Jun 1 2009, 06:34 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 25,591

HAHAHA I CLAIM THE FASTEST NAGAO DHD TIME ON THE GALAXY WORLD MKT CITY ARCADE!

2nd from the left btw, 3:24:4XX MR-S.
chin571
Posted: Jun 1 2009, 07:22 AM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (clown321 @ 2 hours, 47 minutes ago)
so that means if i turn at 70-80(or maybe low 70), i can get a better timing? my car is 7-6-0-0-0 with 3'16"3xx timing and i usually turn at low 80s

i guess so. happy.gif with my line, i think i remember only two hairpins where i'd go 80's. the 2nd hairpin of 4th section and fireworks. but that's just my line, my time's still pretty slow. already FT'd but currently have 3'10'106 only. sad.gif
don't know bout your line right now, but my only advice is, based on my own experience, you have to really clean your 2nd section. i think it's where everything else depends on. well, again, based on my experience only and is completely opinionated. happy.gif
?wha?
Posted: Jun 1 2009, 09:44 PM

In sexy black'n gold :D

Member No.: 5,914

QUOTE (Glocker @ Today, 1:34 AM)
HAHAHA I CLAIM THE FASTEST NAGAO DHD TIME ON THE GALAXY WORLD MKT CITY ARCADE!

2nd from the left btw, 3:24:4XX MR-S.

Bring it tongue.gif I enjoy having someone to fight over times with smile.gif

running probably half a second slower, but I got my 2nd suspension, and now the car turns smoother and less squirrel-y. WE'll see after saturday no? tongue.gif
DamienWolf
Posted: Jun 1 2009, 10:09 PM

Not Without Incident

Member No.: 22,878

QUOTE (-ShinRei- @ Yesterday, 9:41 AM)
Damn, I'm struggling, I've to persevere or I won't improve sad.gif

Akagi DH Dry: 2"48'5xx (RS)
Akina DH Dry: 3"12'5xx (RS)
Happogahara OB Dry: 3"08'xxx (RS)
Tsukuba OB Dry: 3"05'5xx (RS)
Nagao DH Dry: 3"20'5xx (RS)

PROs please comment, are they good enough?I think only My Akina is not good enough, but I still need Your comment wink2.gif All comment would be appreciated smile.gif

Akagi is good, maybe a 48 flat. Akina should be at least an 11 in my opinion. Your Happo is just the same as my 86 so no comment really. Tsukuba I dont know but the Nagao UH is pretty ok.
-ShinRei-
  Posted: Jun 1 2009, 10:34 PM

The Legendary R Master

Waaa, Mr Damien Wolf!!! pinch2.gif

You mean Nagao DH? pinch2.gif

At least 11??! shock.gif

OMG, teach Me how to get 3 Min Flat again on Akina DH in this Version please~ laugh.gif stuart2.gif

My Happogahara is the same with You?Really??! crying2.gif

Other PROs feel free to comment, even though You would say I'm Noob, it's OK, I really need to know where am I right now sad.gif
*j*j*
Posted: Jun 1 2009, 11:48 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 26,358

QUOTE (-ShinRei- @ 1 hour, 13 minutes ago)
Waaa, Mr Damien Wolf!!! pinch2.gif

You mean Nagao DH? pinch2.gif

At least 11??! shock.gif

OMG, teach Me how to get 3 Min Flat again on Akina DH in this Version please~ laugh.gif stuart2.gif

My Happogahara is the same with You?Really??! crying2.gif

Other PROs feel free to comment, even though You would say I'm Noob, it's OK, I really need to know where am I right now sad.gif

[i thk damien meant ur nagao dhd is fine wit .20 n is not wat u thk that he meant .11 ...

akina the #1 is .06.8xx so if u can hit any where around .11 u shd b doing fine ... grin2.gif ... there's no where u can hit 3 min flat

at this moment i played both akagi n akina map both down n up hill dry ...

m still trying very hard to get the best out of my cp4 coz i always lose my boost at the last corner if not i chd hav break below .09.4xx ... still stuck at .5xx with my cp3 -.6xx ... is reli getting on my nerve now with that stupid last corner ... sighh

i can only giv u my thoughts on akina dhd as with all the videos available your corner speed muz b relevantly slow averaging nothing more than 75 n some below 70 ...

especially your consecutive u muz stay in gutter while releasing off your accel ... once out u can only accel if u r too early accelaring your end speed will not increase ... as usual try early braking n like wat my mt8 (YIAN) told me try not to steer too much ...

keep ur line tight n b really patient reaccelaring as u have to make sure your car is really out of the corners n your steering straigthen ...

good luck i hope my 2 cents can help ...
-ShinRei-
  Posted: Jun 2 2009, 12:01 AM

The Legendary R Master

Hehe, I know *J*J*, I'm just kidding with the Akina DH one tongue.gif

And I was referring the 11 to Akina DH, not Nagao DH pinch2.gif

Hmm, thx for the Advices though, will keep that in Mind wink2.gif
DamienWolf
Posted: Jun 2 2009, 01:41 AM

Not Without Incident

Member No.: 22,878

Yeah, I got his post now, Jimmy. I thought I saw Nagao UH. Anyway if its Nagao DH then you can push it at least a second faster, I think.
spl
Posted: Jun 2 2009, 03:55 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 5,395

QUOTE (?wha? @ 6 hours, 11 minutes ago)
Bring it tongue.gif I enjoy having someone to fight over times with smile.gif

running probably half a second slower, but I got my 2nd suspension, and now the car turns smoother and less squirrel-y. WE'll see after saturday no? tongue.gif

People actually play in Sydney?? I haven't seen anyone besides IVAN.. sad.gif
Glocker
Posted: Jun 2 2009, 04:36 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (spl @ 40 minutes, 8 seconds ago)
People actually play in Sydney?? I haven't seen anyone besides IVAN.. sad.gif

Hahaha...your little black Capp slayed my black MR-S in a battle on Tsukuba, remember? And it was your first time playing that map too!!!! blink.gif

IVAN isn't really big on battles though, that's sad sad.gif

wha,

Might post up a 3:23 on the morning tongue.gif so hurry and finish the tuning! Am gonna try to take all akagi~nagao DH records for timezone george st cuz i reloaded on double dollar day tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Glocker on Jun 2 2009, 04:42 AM
spl
Posted: Jun 2 2009, 04:52 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Glocker @ 16 minutes, 9 seconds ago)
Hahaha...your little black Capp slayed my black MR-S in a battle on Tsukuba, remember? And it was your first time playing that map too!!!! blink.gif

IVAN isn't really big on battles though, that's sad sad.gif

wha,

Might post up a 3:23 on the morning tongue.gif so hurry and finish the tuning! Am gonna try to take all akagi~nagao DH records for timezone george st cuz i reloaded on double dollar day tongue.gif

I think I remember.. what cardname did you use again??

I find the machines at Galaxy better than the TZ ones.
Glocker
Posted: Jun 2 2009, 04:59 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (spl @ 7 minutes, 48 seconds ago)
I think I remember.. what cardname did you use again??

I find the machines at Galaxy better than the TZ ones.

Haruhi in Kanji, black MR-S with CF bits. Yeah the wheel on the right machine is a bit dodgy, and they have switched the sound off for replays, which kinda sucks.

It's cheaper to tune though! Should be FTed by the time I'm through with the card. Which track did you have the top times for in Galaxy? IVAN is fricking TA mad; he just sits there for hours just pounding the track again and again and again.
spl
Posted: Jun 2 2009, 05:08 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Glocker @ 8 minutes, 20 seconds ago)
Haruhi in Kanji, black MR-S with CF bits. Yeah the wheel on the right machine is a bit dodgy, and they have switched the sound off for replays, which kinda sucks.

It's cheaper to tune though! Should be FTed by the time I'm through with the card. Which track did you have the top times for in Galaxy? IVAN is fricking TA mad; he just sits there for hours just pounding the track again and again and again.

Yeah I remember you, how you going man smile.gif

Yeah, I had all the records at galaxy then IVAN came and took alot of them, I will take them all back though this week probably since I only get to play about once a month or so. crying2.gif
Glocker
Posted: Jun 2 2009, 05:30 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (spl @ 22 minutes, 11 seconds ago)
Yeah I remember you, how you going man smile.gif

Yeah, I had all the records at galaxy then IVAN came and took alot of them, I will take them all back though this week probably since I only get to play about once a month or so. crying2.gif

Pretty good, haha, but still nowhere near your devastating times smile.gif
Never see you around anymore, eventhough you're one of the first cars to get FTed!

We should set a time and meet up; I wanna have a go with your Capp!
spl
Posted: Jun 2 2009, 05:46 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Glocker @ 16 minutes, 5 seconds ago)
Pretty good, haha, but still nowhere near your devastating times smile.gif
Never see you around anymore, eventhough you're one of the first cars to get FTed!

We should set a time and meet up; I wanna have a go with your Capp!

Yeah, as I said I don't get alot of time to play nowadays due to work etc. but I will be going probably Thursday night to Galaxy + TZ. smile.gif
QAE8687
Posted: Jun 3 2009, 05:49 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 32,995

Some updates on my Akina course using GC8V (7-7-7-7-7).

Akina DH Dry = 3'11"871
Akina DH Wet = 3'20"507
Akina UH Dry = 3'17'037
Akina UH Wet = 3'27"283
chin571
Posted: Jun 3 2009, 07:32 AM

IDW Full Member

updated my akinaDH and nagaoUH 2day.
akinaDH now at 3'10''0xx
nagaoUH at 3'23''xxx

still a lot of errors on both maps, but i know where they are, and more or less i think i know how i can fix those errors. rolleyes.gif can't wait for the nxt IDAS5 day. happy.gif
*j*j*
Posted: Jun 3 2009, 08:20 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 26,358

finally after trying so much on my akina dhd wit my 86 m able to break my time to .09.338 ... still can't figure out what's really wrong with my last corner as if not coz of the boost(cp3 -.6xx) i think my .08 is a reality ...

started playing yesterday wit my 86 on tsu ob n now is at .06,2xx n ib .10.4xx ...

i think i might lay off akina dhd for a while n spend more time on tsu ... laugh.gif

24 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 »