Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Nip And Tuck Race

Important Rules
Buy the Arcade Stage 4 Original Soundtrack to support IDW !!
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 4 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 6,639  ·  Replies: 58 
> sigh...
shyguy_01
  Posted: Jan 2 2008, 06:19 PM

IDW Regular Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,964

i am so bad at this game omg its so frustrating losing to computers... yes... tahts how bad i am... like i thought i was pretty bad at version 3... but apparently im worse im version 4...

in version 3 i know i wasnt good, i can only pull off like 2 30 on akagi, and like 3 12 on akina, but at least i know i can beat all of the computers...

but in this game i am STRUGGLING like MAD. sleep.gif im stuck at like akagi against keisuke, and akina against ryosuke... sleep.gif

maybe i just didnt play this enough? i just started version 4 last week, so far i have only have like 10 plays or so...

do i just need to be patient and practise more? or am i just really really really terrible at this game? T_T
Weezy
Posted: Jan 2 2008, 06:25 PM

O RLY? YA RLY.

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 27,481

It's ok man don't be bummed out. I am stuck on KT in Tsukuba so dont fret and he's much harder then Akagi. dry.gif You need to learn how to maintain a line and PC. Are you using PC? Also you only had 10 plays so far so that's like two internal upgrade? Don't forget to take out your card everytime.

Also look into this thread good info. about ID4. ---> ID4 Guide
shyguy_01
  Posted: Jan 2 2008, 06:48 PM

IDW Regular Member

haha yea man i only have 2 engine upgrades so far. i think i need practise in maintaining a line. as for the thread, i already read it, it was helpful.

about PC, i am not using it because i cant tell if i am using it or if i am using it properly. and im most likely not using it, or my time probably wouldnt be that bad XD, PC is really crucial in ID4 right? should i try doing it in runs now, or should i fdirst get a clean line and run smoothly first?

oh btw, spoilers, front bumpers rims etc dont affect the performance of the car right? only internal upgrades do right? thanks.
hongaun
Posted: Jan 2 2008, 06:49 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 27,407

one great tip for beginners.
if u crash, bang, screw up, u feel like ur car is dragging do a PC when ur on a straight road.
how to pc?
release gas, press / tap brake, release brake, press gas.
these 4 steps should be done in less than 1 second, or to be precise in a blink of an eye / as fast as possible.

u can't drive v4 like u did in v3. the game physics are different, very very different. its ok if u touch the inside wall/barrier of a hairpin, but NOT ok to hit the outside.

only internal upgrades affect ur car's performance.

there are 2 things u need to get the hang of:
1. how to turn in a hairpin.
the easiest is tap brake / PC before the hairpin to induce oversteer, then PC after u counter. however this is not the fastest way to turn. but this would help u get the feel of how turns are made in idv4.

2. racing line.
line is important. u need to correct ur line as little as possible. every single slight movement will slow u down.

This post has been edited by hongaun on Jan 2 2008, 06:51 PM
n3muru_zha1
Posted: Jan 2 2008, 07:06 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 26,858

cheer up bro...i also lose to computer when my car step is bout 4-4-3-3-4....last time...keep on practice...nothing is perfect....but i also suggest you practice lake akina and myogi first...

lake akina=practice your lining
myogi=practice your PC

if u can do well in this two...then u can take on the other courses easily if u hav the basic of lining and PC...
*j*j*
Posted: Jan 2 2008, 07:30 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 26,358

alrite @shyguy firstly i do feel how dissapointed u r right now ...

but for goodness sake u juz play this v4 for just 1 week n like 10 plays n u r crying out loud that u can't do this and u can't go faster ... common man face the real world ... there is nothing out there which is easy and free ...

so my advice is that u go through like every single one of us in here from square 1 learn the basics and start from the bottom ...

btw i know u wanted to get help and advices so u started this thread but seriously i think u should ask for assistance on respective threads available in here ... eg. Q & A thread n the pinned thread meant for beginners ...

put up some of your questions in there but MAKE SURE U HAVE ALREADY READ THRU EVERY SINGLE PAGE ... coz u c all your questions might have been asked b4 like a thousand times so just be patient and do up some readings b4 u ask any questions that u don't understand ... ok brother ...

good luck ... grin2.gif
shadow_z3r0
Posted: Jan 3 2008, 07:41 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 20,944

i spent the first month playing struggling against takumi on akina

i say you're doing pretty good already..
shyguy_01
  Posted: Jan 3 2008, 08:52 AM

IDW Regular Member

oh wow really? sigh... when i see other people play and me struggle, its so discouraging lol ><

thanks alot everyone!!

@hongaun: thanks for the tips, i think i will practise PC
@n3muru_zha1: thanks, ill practise on those 2 maps first, i really do need practise on basic lining and PC
@*j*j*: i just thought that i was really bad at this game, but i guess i just need to be more patient
@shadow_z3r0: damn man that must be painful, i hate strugglnig against computers

anyways thanks again everyone!!

and one last thing, i saw some videos of an 85, that helped alot since you can hear the PC. but when I do a PC, would i be able to hear it? btw im only at step 2 engine >_> lol thanks again. if not, when will i be able to hear it?
shadow_z3r0
Posted: Jan 3 2008, 09:23 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 20,944

what car are you driving?
n3muru_zha1
Posted: Jan 3 2008, 09:47 AM

IDW Supremo Member

yup...if u driving a 86 or 85...u only can get a turbo at level engine...which u can hear the sound pssh...for PC....for some cars like FC...they had it right away i guess...or step 1 engine...correct me if i'm wrong...

well...eventhough u heard the pssh sound....it seems sounds like u had PC...it actually doesn't..it jus a sound u accel off...u must practice the pc well and don depend on the sound of PSSH...work hard bro...
shyguy_01
  Posted: Jan 3 2008, 09:50 AM

IDW Regular Member

haha yea i drive the 86T, so right now i cant hear the psshh sound?

and yea i guess i cant rely on the pssh sound and just practise it. how can i tell if i have done it sucessfully? the acceleration is faster? thanks
n3muru_zha1
Posted: Jan 3 2008, 09:57 AM

IDW Supremo Member

yup...if your accel is lagged...and u PC successfully...u accel will faster...and when u occur understeer....u had to countersteer and pc....if u didnt pc succesfully..u will went bang the wall wqhen u occur understeer...
kyochan19792002
Posted: Jan 5 2008, 07:22 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 27,644

QUOTE (shyguy_01 @ Yesterday at 1:50 AM)
haha yea i drive the 86T, so right now i cant hear the psshh sound?

and yea i guess i cant rely on the pssh sound and just practise it. how can i tell if i have done it sucessfully? the acceleration is faster? thanks

Ermmm... it is not bad that you still can clear quite a number of computer players. By the way, I also suffer like you in the past.... crying2.gif

My AE86 at that time also steered out of control and banged to walls often crying2.gif

Now, I can use my AE85 (errrm... I gave up driving AE86 after I fitted a 'wrong' level 7 engine) to clear all the stages even it is hardly tuned (well, it is still a bit hard to drive against computer players in Tsukuba for AE85 having only a level 1 engine and with nothing!!!!)

PC in this game is the important skill, but I hardly learn it correctly... ermm2.gif It is true that you can learn PC a bit easier if your car is fitted with a turbo engine or your car comes with a turbo engine. For my AE85, i choose balanced engine, so there is no sound when PC is performed.

Anyway, don't feel discouraged grin2.gif Even AE85 can complete this game and win Bunta (I can beat him only at level 0 so far)!!! grin2.gif

Cheers w00t2.gif

This post has been edited by kyochan19792002 on Jan 5 2008, 07:27 AM
shyguy_01
  Posted: Jan 5 2008, 08:49 AM

IDW Regular Member

thanks!! you gave up the 86 because u put the wrong engine? did u want the racing engine or something?

yea i think i just need more practice at this game. but man after watching some videos, i dont know how the pros do it... under 3 minutes on akina DH. im struggling to get like 3'20 -_____________- lmao well to be honest, to get under 3'20 i know i can do for sure since i just started to learn PC smile.gif

what is your time on akina DH? =P
n3muru_zha1
Posted: Jan 5 2008, 09:52 AM

IDW Supremo Member

well...u need to FT your car and try TA...and need to learn where people pc when u watch those vids...i also very poor in akina...i only can do a 3:12 for my stock 86 for now... sad.gif
sdlahz
Posted: Jan 5 2008, 09:05 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 26,366

well, no one started being good at this game. jus take ur time n enjoy playing.

watching others play n vids will help alot. keep practising getting ur PC rite is important too!

enjoy playing this game.
echizenryoma
Posted: Jan 6 2008, 08:48 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 25,572

QUOTE (n3muru_zha1 @ Yesterday at 9:52 AM)
well...u need to FT your car and try TA...and need to learn where people pc when u watch those vids...i also very poor in akina...i only can do a 3:12 for my stock 86 for now... sad.gif

u can do a 3'08'xxx stock=.=
i find stock cars reallie fun..
haha
BDDEE@
Posted: Jan 6 2008, 08:58 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 21,568

QUOTE (n3muru_zha1 @ Yesterday at 3:52 AM)

still good enough ~ i think back when i ran 3'12 in stock car i was running 3'06 in FT car
try harder happy.gif
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Jan 6 2008, 10:46 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3,276

Simple answer to the original poster, just master PC and learn the course. It takes time really. I was frustrated to hell when i was playing ID4 a while back. I finally got to Bunta and he kicked the snap out of me though >< (Points at Sig)
shyguy_01
  Posted: Jan 6 2008, 11:57 AM

IDW Regular Member

thanks alot people smile.gif

to echizenryoma and BDDEE@: wow running like under 3'10 in a stock car >< that means you can do PC really well and had a nice smooth run right?

sigh... i just got under 3'20 now lmao -_____________-

to WRX DEMON Type R: your location says you are in toronto, where do you play?
echizenryoma
Posted: Jan 6 2008, 06:28 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 25,572

QUOTE (shyguy_01 @ Today at 11:57 AM)
thanks alot people smile.gif

to echizenryoma and BDDEE@: wow running like under 3'10 in a stock car >< that means you can do PC really well and had a nice smooth run right?

sigh... i just got under 3'20 now lmao -_____________-

dun be upset with ur timings...
i was running 2'20'xxxs when my FD is Full Tuned..
It drove me crazy>_<
so i decided to learn the game properly...

For now, u juz have to quickly learn PC and ur victory against takumi or bunta should be a peace of cake grin2.gif
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Jan 6 2008, 06:30 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3,276

QUOTE (shyguy_01 @ Today at 2:57 PM)

Yep Toronto Ontario Canada.

I played at the only location in town so far that i know which had version 4. Lovegetty.
BDDEE@
Posted: Jan 6 2008, 07:26 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 21,568

QUOTE (echizenryoma @ Today at 12:28 PM)
dun be upset with ur timings...
i was running 2'20'xxxs when my FD is Full Tuned..
It drove me crazy>_<
so i decided to learn the game properly...

For now, u juz have to quickly learn PC and ur victory against takumi or bunta should be a peace of cake grin2.gif

i wish i could run 2'20'xxx xDD
but yeah listen to what WRX DEMON Type R said, PC and use of line will get you under 10'x easily
and to be honest, i cant PC properly... the only people on this site that can actually do it properly run 3'00 or in the 2'59's on akina & last time i played i could only run low 03...i can only do it semi properly, i never really figured out the right points, meh dont play anymore...so try ur best to figure out when the right points for it are or u wont get the proper accel back

This post has been edited by BDDEE@ on Jan 6 2008, 07:28 PM
shyguy_01
  Posted: Jan 6 2008, 07:57 PM

IDW Regular Member

echizenryoma: haha i actually beat takumi XD i only need to beat godfoot and project D on tsukaba, kai on iro and finish up akina lake XD but then i dont feel like im doing any good after beating most of these compuers sleep.gif

WRX DEMON Type R: damn tahts also where i play, thats the only location i know of too, i wanna try to find some other places to play too... and is it just me or no1 does in store battle there?

BDDEE@: thanks for the tips man, i think i need alot more practise thats all...i would be really happy if i can get under 3'10... -__- lmao and you said ''use of line'' so as in like enter corners at the right spot etc?

thanks again
xXNICKXx
Posted: Jan 6 2008, 09:44 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 26,091

completing the game will unlock harder oppenants there will be a day when u will suddenly lose to a com... but when that day comes u go n play TA ur timing will be like " OMG I IMPROVED SO MUCH??!!!" haha happy driving!!

3 Pages  1 2 3