Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Mega NRG Man - Burning Desire

Rules and Policies
Please remember that participating in flame wars will be severely punished. General forum rules apply. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

AS Section Announcement : This subforum has been renamed to Community and General Chat from the previous name Tournaments / Teams / Locations due to the recent changes in AS section. This section will serve as a general chat forum for the Initial D Arcade Stage community from now on. By general chat, we mean topics that are not related to the game itself such as the latest tournaments, places to hang out, discussion about a certain gamer.. etc. Make yourself comfortable posting here. One last thing, NO flaming and NO spamming.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 4,020  ·  Replies: 14 
> AA6 backfire, I want backfire on my R32
rubiespeed03
  Posted: Nov 2 2017, 12:58 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 48,072

I have an R32 on initial D AA6 and I want to put a "misfiring system" on it
My parts are:
JUN exhaust
Work meister rims
Night kids sticker
Nismo spoiler
It's colored gray and has the 72-602 number plate I believe
If you can say what to equip/ do to get it that would be great
Randy
Posted: Nov 3 2017, 03:15 AM

The Aspiring Sprinter

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 32,890

You're new to this, aren't you?

R32 has no misfiring or anti-lag system in Initial D games so far, it's only limited to Evo 3's CPU upgrade.

And if you want the backfire with flames spat out of muffler, swap your muffler from stock to any while be at stage 3 tune and you'll get it eventually. It's only for turbo cars though.

I forgot if supercharged vehicles have the effect too, but I know NA cars don't have backfire until Initial D Arcade stage 7 or 8.
Falbere
Posted: Nov 3 2017, 10:22 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

Supercharger and NA cars don't backfire. An R32 is turbo so it can backfire but only after equipping an aftermarket exhaust from the accessories menu, and equipping the sports cat, which is the second option in Spec-2.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
rubiespeed03
  Posted: Nov 4 2017, 12:37 AM

Shmuck

QUOTE (Randy @ Yesterday, 3:15 AM)
R32 has no misfiring or anti-lag system in Initial D games so far, it's only limited to Evo 3's CPU upgrade.

In the AA6 story mode I saw iketani's S13 and nakazato's R32 do it so it must be possible
Randy
Posted: Nov 4 2017, 01:10 AM

The Aspiring Sprinter

QUOTE (rubiespeed03 @ 33 minutes, 28 seconds ago)
In the AA6 story mode I saw iketani's S13 and nakazato's R32 do it so it must be possible

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. WRONG.

That's called an exhaust backfire. Not misfiring system.

Are you new to cars or you don't know the difference between Anti-lag and turbocharged cars that has muffler backfire due to exhaust modifications?

LEARN to differentiate the two before you spout nonsense, please.

A Misfiring System or Anti-Lag System makes a rapid banging noise in the car to keep the turbine spooled up even if the driver isn't hitting the gas and as far as the game's system is concerned, it's only an exclusive upgrade to Evo 3 alone because Kyoichi has it.

And no, Iketani and Nakazato's cars never had them in story, and not in this or ANY arcade game either.

What you witnessed from the flames of the exhaust is nothing more than a result of modified muffler and exhaust put on a car. That's it.

Need any more elaboration?

Not satisfied?

Turbocharged cars there, even Shinigami's R32, makes a muffled poof noise whenever the car isn't floored on the accelerator, while Kyoichi's Evo 3 is the only one that makes a huge banging racket whenever there's a corner coming up due to the Misfiring System kicking in.

Does that clear your head up yet? derp.gif

Better yet, you like the misfiring system so much and want it in your car? Simple solution.

Get yourself an Evo 3 and full tune it with a modified muffler. The end.

This post has been edited by Randy on Nov 4 2017, 01:20 AM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 4 2017, 03:29 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Randy @ 2 hours, 6 minutes ago)

Actually, if you're trying to dip into the realm of reality with your explanation, the term you're looking for is 'afterfire'. 'Backfire' would be when the ignition charge ends up flowing through the intake instead of the exhaust. It's very dramatic, has a tendency to destroy intakes, and is in general a very bad thing. Afterfire is when unburnt fuel escapes the combustion chamber during the exhaust cycle and then ignites in the hot exhaust, throwing flames out the back. The reason this happens more with modified turbocharged cars is because they tend to run temporarily over-rich when you lift off the throttle from full boost. This is because the throttle plate has snapped shut (no more air), and the boost pressure is ported to atmosphere. Because boost air was already metered by the mass airflow sensor, it already had fuel allocated to it. Now that air isn't there, but the fuel has been injected into the engine. So out the exhaust it goes, causing the flames.

A Misfiring System or Anti-Lag System makes a rapid banging noise in the car to keep the turbine spooled up even if the driver isn't hitting the gas

Close but no cigar, of course. Anti-lag is indeed the name for a method used primarily in rally cars to keep the turbo spooled up while off-throttle. The actual method varies, but in general the idea is to get combustion to happen inside the exhaust manifold instead of where it's supposed to take place, namely the combustion chamber. So either you divert air into the exhaust manifold when the throttle plate closes via a bypass valve and run pig-rich to dump fuel into the exhaust (thus causing the hot exhaust to become a combustion chamber), or you delay ignition timing so much that it happens practically on the exhaust stroke, forcing the hot combusion gases not to provide force against the piston but rather to be forced into the exhaust manifold.

The end result of either method is that hot combustion gases continue spooling the turbocharger hanging off the exhaust manifold while the throttle is closed (i.e. you aren't pressing the gas to spool it normally). Downside of either system is that an exhaust manifold isn't meant to be a combustion chamber and neither is your turbo, so this isn't a reliable modification for a street car. Rally teams don't care because they replace components anyway (and have lots of money).

Are you new to cars or you don't know the difference between Anti-lag and turbocharged cars that has muffler backfire due to exhaust modifications?

Says the guy whose knowledge on the subject appears to be limited to Anime and video games. awesome.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
rubiespeed03
  Posted: Nov 4 2017, 03:32 AM

Shmuck

QUOTE (Randy @ 2 hours, 21 minutes ago)

A Misfiring System or Anti-Lag System makes a rapid banging noise in the car to keep the turbine spooled up even if the driver isn't hitting the gas and as far as the game's system is concerned, it's only an exclusive upgrade to Evo 3 alone because Kyoichi has it.

And no, Iketani and Nakazato's cars never had them in story, and not in this or ANY arcade game either.

What you witnessed from the flames of the exhaust is nothing more than a result of modified muffler and exhaust put on a car. That's it.

Need any more elaboration?

Not satisfied?

Turbocharged cars there, even Shinigami's R32, makes a muffled poof noise whenever the car isn't floored on the accelerator, while Kyoichi's Evo 3 is the only one that makes a huge banging racket whenever there's a corner coming up due to the Misfiring System kicking in.

Does that clear your head up yet? derp.gif

Better yet, you like the misfiring system so much and want it in your car? Simple solution.

Get yourself an Evo 3 and full tune it with a modified muffler. The end.

Chill out man,

Yes I did call it an anti-lag system,
No not because im a dumb fuck
I know very well that the only car that had a misfiring system was the evo 3
There is a reason I used misfiring system with quotation marks
I put backfire as the title
Since the people know it's about flames out of the exhaust

Now that that is cleared out I will put on a different exhaust and try to get that backfire
Randy
Posted: Nov 4 2017, 04:24 AM

The Aspiring Sprinter

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 54 minutes, 59 seconds ago)
Says the guy whose knowledge on the subject appears to be limited to Anime and video games. awesome.gif

Alright, thanks for clearing the terms up and correcting me where I clearly need clarification. derp.gif

Believe what you will, but my knowledge on cars ain't just limited to shows and games alone, it's just that I am not entirely a car guru myself and I never once claimed that I am.

And you assuming that almost made it sounds like you know me in real life, which you don't so...I could do without that last bit of your snobby attempt to jab, thank you. whistling.gif

If this is your attempt to sass me because you're confident that you're far more tech savvy than I am in real life, you can stop now since this is one drama I rather not get into and this was never about real cars to begin with. So...I don't know where did you find the need to pour reality into this topic all of a sudden. rolleyes.gif

You've proven your knowledge about cars in real life to be better so props to you, but you lose points for being such a smug about it and feel the need to inject it into a topic that wasn't about reality to begin with. whistling.gif

And the question of the topic has now been answered to the OP, I am finished here, as far as I am concerned.

This post has been edited by Randy on Nov 4 2017, 04:41 AM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 4 2017, 04:40 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Randy @ 12 minutes, 43 seconds ago)
So...I don't know where did you find the need to pour reality into this topic all of a sudden.  rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (Randy @ 3 hours, 25 minutes ago)

That would be why. Had you stuck to talking about video games, there would've been no need. But then you went and stuck your neck out while calling someone else an idiot. laugh2.gif

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Nov 4 2017, 04:41 AM
Randy
Posted: Nov 4 2017, 04:44 AM

The Aspiring Sprinter

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 3 minutes, 35 seconds ago)
That would be why. Had you stuck to talking about video games, there would've been no need. But then you went and stuck your neck out while calling someone else an idiot. laugh2.gif

Okay, I might've went out of line there a bit wording that, but that was only assuming that the OP didn't know about the series and spout nonsense to justify his claim which isn't now that it's been cleared.

So yeah, yuck it up while you got me there. whistling.gif You must be feeling pretty triumphant now.

*slow clap*

Be sure to share you little victory over your friends trying to be an internet knight with your shiny armor and shield. I am sure the community could use the talents of someone of your caliber.

I am done. But hey, if you wanna keep sassing and gloat, be my guest.

This post has been edited by Randy on Nov 4 2017, 05:06 AM
Falbere
Posted: Nov 4 2017, 12:23 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

My daily dose of drama.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 4 2017, 12:43 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Falbere @ 19 minutes, 59 seconds ago)
My daily dose of drama.

IDW: We know drama!

The best part is the passive-aggressive edit nearly half an hour later (everything after the slow clap) because he's butt-blasted over being called out for being a dickhead. If he hadn't flipped out on the OP and tried to swing his mighty dick of 'knowledge' around there never would have been a problem.

Hopefully a lesson learned. Humility, yeah?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
rubiespeed03
  Posted: Nov 6 2017, 09:29 AM

Shmuck

QUOTE (Falbere @ Nov 3 2017, 10:22 PM)
An R32 is turbo so it can backfire but only after equipping an aftermarket exhaust from the accessories menu, and equipping the sports cat, which is the second option in Spec-2.

Alright I think it is teknoparrot not rendering it correctly since I never saw anything saying
"Spec-2" and I'm at chapter 12 of the legend and own a maxed out R32

This post has been edited by rubiespeed03 on Nov 6 2017, 09:31 AM
Falbere
Posted: Nov 7 2017, 08:04 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Well, if you modded the files to make all cars full-spec by default, obviously you won't be able to put on any upgrades individually.
rubiespeed03
  Posted: Nov 8 2017, 06:27 AM

Shmuck

Problem solved then, i guess, when a new version of teknoparrot drops I'll start over