Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Dave Simon - I Need Your Love

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 15,948  ·  Replies: 71 
> Would a girl willingly ask for a ride in an AE86?
Avegaille
Posted: Jun 9 2010, 04:47 AM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 30,605

Speaking as a girl who got into Initial D thanks to the arcade games, of course I would love to ride on that damn car... I wish there was one existing here, but I don't think it's possible... D:

But yeah, most girls I know/friends with don't really care about something like this unless exposed to said franchise... =x
mikethecripple
Posted: Jun 9 2010, 05:07 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 30,848

well for guys a word of advice (im a guy btw lol) dont get a a80 supra there a dick magnet my current gf only likes it cause she watched wangan midnight and seen it (but she still thinks that i should get a 240z lol)
JKaiba
Posted: Jun 9 2010, 05:28 PM

Alias The J'

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 16,596

QUOTE (Avegaille @ Today, 4:47 AM)
Speaking as a girl who got into Initial D thanks to the arcade games, of course I would love to ride on that damn car... I wish there was one existing here, but I don't think it's possible... D:

But yeah, most girls I know/friends with don't really care about something like this unless exposed to said franchise... =x

Where are you in the Philippines? Manila? I'm sure there's someone with a Corolla GT-S around there. Most of the guys I know are GT-R folks though.
style86
  Posted: Jun 9 2010, 07:53 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 5,288

any girl want to ride in my car:

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 600. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

I'll show you how to do a donut... lol

(btw, last time i said that, it didn't go down well...)

This post has been edited by style86 on Jun 9 2010, 07:55 PM
kou yuuzhen
Posted: Jun 10 2010, 08:26 PM

Point Guard

Member No.: 33,736

QUOTE (style86 @ Yesterday, 11:53 AM)

http://www.nexus4400.com/Hatchi2.jpg

I'll do the driving and give you a ride instead tongue.gif
Tessou
Posted: Jun 10 2010, 09:03 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (style86 @ Jun 9 2010, 11:53 PM)

Y'know, I was damn sure this would be a build up to you showing off your car. Boy was I right.

My old 300ZX would still beat the crap out of it, though. tongue.gif

user posted image
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
ryosuke4eternity
Posted: Jun 11 2010, 12:38 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 35,135

i would beg for a ride in any kind of car....

as long as Ryosuke's the one driving....hehehe dribble.gif evilbrows.gif
Avegaille
Posted: Jun 11 2010, 03:07 AM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (JKaiba @ Yesterday, 9:28 AM)
Where are you in the Philippines? Manila? I'm sure there's someone with a Corolla GT-S around there. Most of the guys I know are GT-R folks though.

Yep, in Manila... and I really wish to see one, at least the one Takumi owns, not the one that Aki has (I want those popping headlights *bricked*)

But yeah, it's fine if one doesn't actually exist here...
Arz2003!
Posted: Jun 12 2010, 09:59 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 10,327

I once gave 5 chicks a ride in my 1986 Toyota Corolla Sr5 coupe automatic here in the states because I was they caught me on a red light about to make a right turn. I was going home and they said if they can get a ride and I cool whatever and I remember one of the girls saying "this car is so small" I chuckle game them a ride up the hill cause thy were to lazy to walk up there. So most chicks will get on the corolla imo.

This post has been edited by Arz2003! on Jun 12 2010, 10:00 AM
JKaiba
Posted: Jun 12 2010, 11:25 AM

Alias The J'

QUOTE (style86 @ Jun 9 2010, 07:53 PM)

Y'know, I was damn sure this would be a build up to you showing off your car. Boy was I right.

My old 300ZX would still beat the crap out of it, though.

I herd ITT: we fight phantom metal penises?

user posted image

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 768. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Jezza_HR
Posted: Jun 12 2010, 06:19 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 8,289

If we're going to play that game, this here is my AE86

user posted image

and my 20V conversion part of the way through

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 600. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Tessou
Posted: Jun 12 2010, 10:56 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

So yeah, about this not being in automotive... biggrin.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
JKaiba
Posted: Jun 14 2010, 03:00 PM

Alias The J'

@ Avie: There is a Philippine 86 club.

http://ae86phil.ekalakal.com/
style86
  Posted: Jun 14 2010, 07:48 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 5,288

QUOTE (JKaiba @ 4 hours, 47 minutes ago)

where are all the females out, lol, jk.
Avegaille
Posted: Jun 15 2010, 12:42 AM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (JKaiba @ 9 hours, 41 minutes ago)

Dude, how did you know my nick, unless you know the name of one of my ID cards... xD;

But yeah, I'll check that out... xP

Damn Jezza, I am so envious of your AE86... =o
DamienWolf
Posted: Jun 15 2010, 02:26 AM

Not Without Incident

Member No.: 22,878

Avie, you should go out on a track day one time with us. My friends from Project Tofu have an exact replica of the 86 which we bring out almost on meets (and even when going to Megamall). They also have an FC, an Integra and an Evo3. Garou only has an Impreza WRX and a tricked out Civic with a few daily drivers.

A funny story regarding Project Tofu's 86 is when they made a U-turn out near SM North. The driver of the car beside them whipped out his cameraphone to take a picture and almost rear-ended the car in front of them.

If you also go to the Lateral D drift tournaments, there are side events in which they offer a ride for a lucky spectator (which would usually be a girl) around the track.
Pleasing05
Posted: Jun 15 2010, 04:43 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 35,705

Yep, in Manila... and I really wish to see one, at least the one Takumi owns, not the one that Aki has (I want those popping headlights *bricked*)

--->theres one 86 i often see in the UP DIliman area, usually in the afternoon. It has the Fujiwara tofu shop decal. Dying to see the engine, if its still stock though

This post has been edited by Pleasing05 on Jun 15 2010, 04:44 AM
DigiBunny
Posted: Jun 15 2010, 06:47 AM

Reading is magic!

Member No.: 30,700

I'm pretty sure I've seen one Hachi in Clark when I went out for the summer. There was also a red panda cruising by pasong tamo if I remember correctly. Never seen any of them actually go onto the track and do something cool though; mainly they just sit there.

In any case, the thing didnt look very comfortable stock. Square seats, square dash, square lights, square square square.
Then again; that's probably why it was a tofu delivery car.
sideways
Posted: Jun 15 2010, 02:37 PM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Member No.: 1,355

Someone i went to highschool with knew how I was with cars and what kind of driving i liked to do, she stumbled upon initial d where she recognized my car, then asked me for a ride in mine- which i obliged her with. Twas' lots of fun.
DamienWolf
Posted: Jun 18 2010, 01:44 AM

Not Without Incident

Member No.: 22,878

QUOTE (Pleasing05 @ Jun 15 2010, 08:43 PM)

--->theres one 86 i often see in the UP DIliman area, usually in the afternoon. It has the Fujiwara tofu shop decal. Dying to see the engine, if its still stock though

That IS Project Tofu's AE86. Jules, the owner lives in the U.P. area.
Jack_jeckel
Posted: Jul 3 2010, 05:08 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 24,261

I was actually at a party the other week and 2 girls there asked for a ride in my car.
One was Chinese and loves ID. The other girl didn't know what ID was but said the car looks cool.

happy.gif
Tsyta
Posted: Jul 4 2010, 05:12 PM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 32,272

the ae86 is nice outside but the inside is still a 30 year old disgusting uncomfortable and ugly scene.

which is one of the reasons next to the omg ae86 is more expensive than a lambo, which i decided to give this car the middle finger and skip grin2.gif.
sideways
Posted: Jul 4 2010, 11:23 PM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Member No.: 1,355

QUOTE (Tsyta @ 6 hours, 10 minutes ago)
the ae86 is nice outside but the inside is still a 30 year old disgusting uncomfortable and ugly scene.

which is one of the reasons next to the omg ae86 is more expensive than a lambo, which i decided to give this car the middle finger and skip grin2.gif.

Speak for yourself. MANY would disagree with your opinion (Myself included- strongly). I love the interior of my rolla, have for all 6 years ive owned it. im 6'2 and find it to be one of the most comfortable and well placed out cars ive been in. Theres a great amount of head room, great amount of leg/knee room, lot of foot room, the pedals are perfectly laid out for my feet, and the shifter falls right where i like it to be. Leather on my head rest is cracked from the vegas sun, but the cushions are in great condition and hold me just fine (By no means does it compete with a proper bucket seat, but ive been in a LOT of other cars from this era that dont hold you in half as well), and both my lumbar support adjustment and air bladder for back support work perfectly.

Tsyta
Posted: Jul 5 2010, 01:19 AM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 32,272

QUOTE (sideways @ 1 hour, 55 minutes ago)
Speak for yourself. MANY would disagree with your opinion (Myself included- strongly). I love the interior of my rolla, have for all 6 years ive owned it. im 6'2 and find it to be one of the most comfortable and well placed out cars ive been in. Theres a great amount of head room, great amount of leg/knee room, lot of foot room, the pedals are perfectly laid out for my feet, and the shifter falls right where i like it to be. Leather on my head rest is cracked from the vegas sun, but the cushions are in great condition and hold me just fine (By no means does it compete with a proper bucket seat, but ive been in a LOT of other cars from this era that dont hold you in half as well), and both my lumbar support adjustment and air bladder for back support work perfectly.

all that for the same price as an evo 8.

=).
Rudy
Posted: Jul 5 2010, 01:23 AM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)

3 Pages  1 2 3