Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing Fastway - Go Beat Crazy

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,472  ·  Replies: 3 
> IDAS8 Online Battle, Online Battle car speed
Moci-dono
    Posted: May 5 2016, 08:09 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,468

first of all, sry if im offtopic, very newbie in forum
so i was playing an online battle using my Toyota AE86 GT(not registered on initial d net), my rank is e2, and my car is spec 5 and 5 more upgrade till full spec. during online battle (1st time) i race agains ae86 trueno, his rank are e3 but he got medals, team banner and such. in the end i lost with 498m disadvantage, is it possible that initial d net user cars are more faster than non initial d net player? just wondering

thx for replies
SonicSP
Posted: May 5 2016, 09:26 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask us any questions that might help you out.

The good news is that D.NET subscriptions have zero effect on your performance, so you don't have to worry about that. You get the ability to join a team and some other features but nothing that makes you faster in an actual race.

The bad news is, the reason why your opponent beat you by a lot is because he is using a Full Spec car and the performance between Full Spec car and non-Full Spec car is a lot, even if you are only five upgrades away.

In addition, he is likely a much faster player. It is quite normal for skilled players to stay at lower levels by making new cards and this players usually will also have a team. That means his Time Attack ability is probably much faster.

Combine the fast course skill with the Full Spec car and this is why he beat you by 500 meters. It is not an unusual occurrence even at at E2 rank. It is quite common actually even at E or D ranks, so you will meet more players of this caliber in the future.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on May 5 2016, 09:34 AM
Moci-dono
  Posted: May 5 2016, 11:08 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,468

Thank you for clearing the confusion, i almost thought that sega use pay to win system. Need more practice for sure smile.gif

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
SonicSP
Posted: May 5 2016, 06:31 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

There is sort of a pay to win system with Dcoins. You can buy Dcoins to tune your car instead of points but it's really expensive. Still this only gives you an early advantage over players who have not completed it. The only way to be good with this game is with skills and Sega is smart by making it like that.

But really once you get Ex Spec car, you're pretty much on equal ground. And most of the game is fought and played with Ex Spec car, so having a Ex Spec car is not a big deal by itself for most players playing. Once you have an Ex Spec car, you can practice the real physics system.

Oh and don't worry about tuning after you reach Ex Spec aka finishing Spec 5. The tunings after that barely do anything.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on May 5 2016, 06:48 PM