Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Brian Ice - I Believe In Lovin' You

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,534  ·  Replies: 12 
> IDAS8 Accept/Refuse Challengers, Accept/refuse challengers during race
holnivek
  Posted: Apr 4 2016, 11:27 PM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,366

How do you accept/reject challengers in the middle of a race? In IDAS2/3 if you hit the yellow button it would alternate between accepting/refusing challengers. Does the same mechanic exist in IDAS8 for offline battles?
OkamiWind
Posted: Apr 5 2016, 12:20 AM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,468

Sadly you can't do that in IDAS8, you MUST go to the designated versus mode and just do a course until someone comes by. You can't reject them so it does have a bit of luck if your opponent is better than you or not.
holnivek
  Posted: Apr 6 2016, 03:16 AM

IDW God Member

I wish they kept that feature so I can turn it off after racing my friends. Now I just get smoked by people who jump in with their full spec cars. laugh2.gif
SonicSP
Posted: Apr 6 2016, 06:19 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

If you are done with your friends, you can just go back to the main menu and re-enter without it on. You'll be exposed for one race but you'll be fine after that.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Apr 6 2016, 06:19 AM
-=SHINN=-
Posted: Apr 6 2016, 06:55 AM

MYS Retired Perfectionist Racer

Member No.: 37,532

Well it is not much of a problem here since most of our play time is on other modes rather than in-store battles. But if you do happen to enter one and win it, I guess it comes naturally that you will need to be prepared for other players to enter. Just show them what you're made of, as simple as that. This system has been here since D4 and sadly there's no way to turn it off after each in-store battles like D2/D3 eras.
holnivek
  Posted: Apr 6 2016, 10:19 AM

IDW God Member

My bad, haven't played since AS3 so I thought this is a new feature in AS8.

Normally I would be open to accepting challenges. The problem is the difference in car performance made the battle heavily one-sided. One thing I noticed was my opponent's car didn't even lose speed through corners while I had to downshift at least once to take the hairpin.

I guess I'll just deal with it for now since I'm about halfway to full spec.
SonicSP
Posted: Apr 6 2016, 09:10 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Yeah I can understand your pain. Before you reach Ex Spec/Full Spec, you have almost no chance of winning againts another car that is if the can drive straight and turn the wheel at the corners.

What Spec are you though? The real hard part in thning comes at Spec 5, where the parts are really expensive and will take a long long time. But once you reach ExSpec/Full Spec you will be fine.
holnivek
  Posted: Apr 6 2016, 10:30 PM

IDW God Member

I'm at Spec 4 currently. 2 more upgrades to Spec 5 I believe.

It's too bad that arcades in the US are all offline, otherwise the Project D missions would help significantly with the tuning (both 1a and 1b missions are almost done, only thing missing is the online battle). RIP 8000 and 10000 points.

Maybe I should take a vacation back to Malaysia so I can finish those missions or get some D coins. grin2.gif Anyone knows if the cabinets in Malaysia are JPN or EXP?
-=SHINN=-
Posted: Apr 6 2016, 10:32 PM

Should be ok, just keep getting points through story mode or instore battles. Upon full tune, your car would not lose speed during turning, hence comes a new method to play. Your journey should start by then. Before full tune is slightly harder to learn the physics of the game. But as long as you follow up how japs play the game, you should do fine.

Malaysia's are EXP, you need to make sure if your side is JPN or EXP.

This post has been edited by -=SHINN=- on Apr 6 2016, 10:33 PM
holnivek
  Posted: Apr 6 2016, 10:42 PM

IDW God Member

I've been practicing BA, which helps at certain corners but not always feasible given the way my car handles currently. Gonna try BC next time I go to the arcades. Probably won't be very practical but it's fun to try out the techniques and familiarize myself with them. Can't wait till I reach full tune so I can fully utilize them.

I have a JPN card. Will I be able to use it on an EXP cabinet?

This post has been edited by holnivek on Apr 6 2016, 10:43 PM
-=SHINN=-
Posted: Apr 6 2016, 11:01 PM

QUOTE (holnivek @ 19 minutes, 39 seconds ago)
I've been practicing BA, which helps at certain corners but not always feasible given the way my car handles currently. Gonna try BC next time I go to the arcades. Probably won't be very practical but it's fun to try out the techniques and familiarize myself with them. Can't wait till I reach full tune so I can fully utilize them.

From what we understood generally, EXP card won't work on JPN machines and vice versa.
holnivek
  Posted: Apr 6 2016, 11:26 PM

IDW God Member

I see. Thanks for clarifying.
SonicSP
Posted: Apr 15 2016, 09:33 AM

Nagao Fanboy

QUOTE (holnivek @ Apr 6 2016, 10:42 PM)

Recently, I have been playing a Spec 5 car and I think BA is generally quite usable at that level. But it's probabaly hard to learn when playing a Spec 5 car for the first time. Irozahaka is a fun place to practice BA for Spec 5 car since the slowdown there actually helps make it easier to corner. At the very least, the slowdown never feels like an impediment in that course at that Spec, so it feels fun playing (though you'll still be slower than a Full Tune car, even if you don't feel very slow)

Still not as useful as a Full Tune car but the effectiveness will start to show up. I haven't played a Spec 5 car in a long time so I enjoyed revising the physics.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Apr 15 2016, 09:40 AM