Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Peace and Comfort

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,169  ·  Replies: 5 
> Help Please w/ ID8 server
Aska2012
  Posted: Mar 31 2016, 11:18 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,384

I have recently got an 2 Initial d 8 cabs and I am trying to connect the server to the internet at the moment and it is not working.

I have done a little bit of trouble shooting but does anyone know a quick and easy way to set one of these things up?

Does anyone know how it is possible to connect to the all.net server?

This post has been edited by Aska2012 on Apr 1 2016, 03:34 AM
SonicSP
Posted: Apr 1 2016, 06:08 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

Yeah first you will need to contact Sega and get permission from them and if they agree, you will have to pay a monthly base subscription fee of around US$64 plus US$0.04 for each game you play while the machine is connected online, including non-online matches played (that's based on local prices over here that I happened to know off which I then converted into USD, maybe it would be different for different places).

Even then, Sega may not give you permission if you are from a certain location in the world. It's also based on your latency and internet speeds.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Apr 1 2016, 07:23 AM
Aska2012
  Posted: Apr 1 2016, 06:46 AM

Shmuck

Thanks for the response. After a lot of reading and a lot of help from google translate I managed to find a lot of information.

I assume the infinity side auras can only be gotten from an online machine aswell?
SonicSP
Posted: Apr 1 2016, 07:21 AM

Nagao Fanboy

I believe so, though I am not an expert on Infinity Side as I rarely play them.

Also I think one important part may be your timezone as they like you to operate on when most Japanese arcades operate but I am not sure this is a limitation Sega sets by themselves or something arcades for other regions reject because it doesn't benefit them (because you won't get much online matches if most if the other arcades in the network are closed at night when your machines are operating during the day).

Though latency is probabaly the biggest worry. This game requires an extremely low latency for online matches and being far from each other is a natural barrier for that even if your internet connection is good. So if you're far from Asia, you might have a very tough time passing that requirement since the race is close to real time. Even passing Sega's minimal requirements doesn't guerentee many matches, as we know from an arcade of us over here.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Apr 1 2016, 09:20 AM
Aska2012
  Posted: Apr 1 2016, 10:15 PM

Shmuck

That's completely understandable. Online gaming can be really bad when your put onto a foreign server.

It is a shame tho. Guess I'll be limited to just aero parts, no auras.. Really wanted those wings!
SonicSP
Posted: Apr 2 2016, 05:12 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Yes, it's especially incompatible with a racing game designed like IDAS. Things like blocking and lining needs to be very precise in a one-in-one narrow street racing game.

Part of omission is just to keep the game fair for players as well as satisfying the majority of players, which are indeed in Japan as the main market. Even for us who are in Asia, our latencies are a bit higher and sometimes we cannot find as many games as the Japanese do. The servers will not match a game if the latency between the two players are high.

If a market is big enough, Sega will set up a server and the service in their region for their players to play again. I think China has their own national server where they play among themselves.