Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing move - Dogfight

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,944  ·  Replies: 8 
> Race Ranks (Banners and Badge/Medals?), Can I get some sort of explanation?
Rarrowsmith
  Posted: Mar 16 2016, 10:46 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,532

All the colored banners and badges/medals that are at the top, indicating experience/performance on races? Can someone shed some light on it? I just can't seem to find any in depth write up of what they symbolize. What I do know, is after getting to ex spec with 6 upgrades and about 20 hours of play, i've got about 13 medals, 10 bronzish and 3 silverish, and the rest are all red or blue bannered.

Thanks in Advance!

This post has been edited by Rarrowsmith on Mar 16 2016, 10:47 AM
OkamiWind
Posted: Mar 16 2016, 01:08 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,468

Those medals and stuff is basically an indication of how much you were on that course, banners being lower and medals being higher. As far as I know, there is no advantage for collecting them. It's just for hsow.
Rarrowsmith
  Posted: Mar 17 2016, 10:52 AM

IDW Member

Bah, pretty much what I thought. The last version I played was ID3 and the progression on the card was excellent. Made you strive for starts. Time/play based stinks sad.gif

Thanks for verifying what a feared!
SonicSP
Posted: Mar 17 2016, 01:51 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

It's probabaly because most of the progression in this game are in online modes either through being good at online battles (you start at E3 rank and get to progress to D, C, B, A, S, SS then Infinity) or some of the InfinitySide things they give you every week.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Mar 17 2016, 01:52 PM
Rarrowsmith
  Posted: Mar 17 2016, 02:20 PM

IDW Member

Ya, the age of the computer smile.gif

Unfortunately, like most arcades in the US it seems, my Round 1 doesn't have these hooked up and i'm sure is not interested in paying sega for online battles.

Meh, I'll be ok with no Aura and an E3 that kicks ass.

It's not about the title or the car, its about the person behind the windshield...and the spec certainly helps smile.gif

user posted image
tushi
Posted: Mar 17 2016, 04:35 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 42,030

QUOTE (Rarrowsmith @ Yesterday, 10:46 AM)
All the colored banners and badges/medals that are at the top, indicating experience/performance on races? Can someone shed some light on it? I just can't seem to find any in depth write up of what they symbolize. What I do know, is after getting to ex spec with 6 upgrades and about 20 hours of play, i've got about 13 medals, 10 bronzish and 3 silverish, and the rest are all red or blue bannered.

Thanks in Advance!

When you complete a certain course you get the beginner's ribbon (yellow and green).
As you progress :

Blue ribbon
Red ribbon
Bronze medal (blue ribbon)
Silver medal (blue ribbon)
Gold medal (blue ribbon)
Bronze medal (red ribbon)
silver medal (red ribbon)
Gold medal (red ribbon - this is after 100 runs I believe)
Bronze tablet
Silver tablet
Gold tablet
Bronze Infinity medal
Silver Infinity medal
Gold Infinity medal

-=SHINN=-
Posted: Mar 18 2016, 12:09 AM

MYS Retired Perfectionist Racer

Member No.: 37,532

I may provide some extra informations.

1. Gold tablet = 250 runs either full run/force quit/ any modes including legend
2. After Gold infinity medal as mentioned above, comes the Rainbow infinity medals which is 1000 runs.

Below are examples of some Bronze, Silver, Gold infinity medal, and a bronze tablet
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 686 x 732. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

As for Rainbow infinity medal, here's an example
user posted image

This post has been edited by -=SHINN=- on Mar 18 2016, 12:17 AM
tushi
Posted: Mar 18 2016, 04:23 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 42,030

QUOTE (-=SHINN=- @ Today, 12:09 AM)
I may provide some extra informations.

1. Gold tablet = 250 runs either full run/force quit/ any modes including legend
2. After Gold infinity medal as mentioned above, comes the Rainbow infinity medals which is 1000 runs.

Below are examples of some Bronze, Silver, Gold infinity medal, and a bronze tablet
http://i.imgur.com/OCJ5MB6.png

As for Rainbow infinity medal, here's an example
http://i.imgur.com/SYnPSgw.png

ohmy.gif OMG.... I swear to God I didn't know the existence of Rainbow infinity medal....until now /mindblown

Must've mistaken it as the silver infinity medal
Rarrowsmith
  Posted: Mar 22 2016, 10:29 AM

IDW Member

That's a lot of dough if you don't own a set of machines. Thanks for all the info, now I can set impossible dreams higher!

Shout out to 'Fishy!' for making it down to Round One in Taunton MA on Sunday to play with me and a few other racers, had a good time.

Anyone who's around, save Easter, we're there every Sunday!