Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Jean Love - Steel Blade

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,711  ·  Replies: 5 
> Begining/Mid/End Ex Spec, Is there a difference?
Rarrowsmith
  Posted: Mar 15 2016, 06:48 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,532

I just can't find anything that states if your actual stats change during any of the upgrades, not just ex spec.

I know Ex spec is better in all ways than 5, and 5 more than 4, and so on and so on...but is there a difference between 1 upgrade in Ex and 5 upgrades in Ex? Also, is there a difference when you max out ex spec vs when you start it?

Thanks guys (And Gals), let me know!

BTW, my S2000 In Mass is disgusting, if anyone is ever south shore, or if someone has a machine somewhere else in MA, we'll come play. Me and 2 buddies head to the mall every Sunday for 3-4 hours.

Round 1 in Taunton MA
SonicSP
Posted: Mar 15 2016, 09:02 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

QUOTE (Rarrowsmith @ 2 hours, 14 minutes ago)
I just can't find anything that states if your actual stats change during any of the upgrades, not just ex spec.

I know Ex spec is better in all ways than 5, and 5 more than 4, and so on and so on...but is there a difference between 1 upgrade in Ex and 5 upgrades in Ex? Also, is there a difference when you max out ex spec vs when you start it?

Thanks guys (And Gals), let me know!

BTW, my S2000 In Mass is disgusting, if anyone is ever south shore, or if someone has a machine somewhere else in MA, we'll come play. Me and 2 buddies head to the mall every Sunday for 3-4 hours.

Round 1 in Taunton MA

- For Spec 1 to Spec 5, each box you upgrade improves your overall performance of the car.

- For Ex Spec and above, the upgrades don't do anything at all on offline modes. In online, there might be a difference but of there is then it's extremely marginal. I'm able to compete online with with a car that took no Ex Spec upgrades no problem againts Ex Full cars (Ex Full refers to a car that took all the Ex Spec level upgrades).

- External parts (spoilers, sideskirts, hood, etc) doesn't appear to do anything either. Some users claim that they do but there isn't any clear cut evidence that everyone is able to see and perceive. If there is an effect, it's extremely small.

Rarrowsmith
  Posted: Mar 15 2016, 10:19 AM

IDW Member

Excellent. Thanks for taking the time.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
isocuda
Posted: Mar 25 2016, 08:48 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 27,781

I have the silver Miata you'll see parked out there sometimes on Mondays or the weekend.With the stupid Speed Stars plate frame.

Just about to start building a second car in IDAS8. Do a time trial before and after a part upgrade. It'll make you annoyed at how hard you drive sometimes.

I noticed that one of the end machines has the instant restart for time trials disabled for some reason sad.gif

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Rarrowsmith
  Posted: Mar 25 2016, 09:12 AM

IDW Member

Welp, glad to have more players! If you're ever around Sundays (Save The Easter Sunday) around 10-3 we're usually there. 2 White kids and a black guy!

Speed Stars plate, your a nerd smile.gif

...Atleast go redsuns!

I"m always ready to race!

A2 (second machine from left) has an issue with the shifter too. It's on it's way out I think. I usually use that machine, but it takes some getting used to.
DK_Brawler
Posted: Mar 25 2016, 06:47 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 39,567

QUOTE (isocuda @ 9 hours, 58 minutes ago)
I have the silver Miata you'll see parked out there sometimes on Mondays or the weekend.With the stupid Speed Stars plate frame.

Just about to start building a second car in IDAS8. Do a time trial before and after a part upgrade. It'll make you annoyed at how hard you drive sometimes.

I noticed that one of the end machines has the instant restart for time trials disabled for some reason sad.gif

If you enabled 2vs2 or 1vs1, quick restart is disabled.