Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing Shame on you!

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,334  ·  Replies: 4 
> Hello New and Returning, Meet some people in SoCal
Na12uto
  Posted: Jan 31 2016, 06:02 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,237

Hello everyone, My name is Michael! I used to play alot back in 2003/4 in my home town of Fresno, Ca. Now I am getting back into it since I live in Southern California. Initial D 8 has been great to me so far, been about a month, and I am addicted again. Definitely want to get some 1v1 runs in as well as 2v2. I chose an FD for my platform as I wanted to go a new route that I dont usually play with. Now I dont know what to do in terms of settings etc. I know that unfortunately unless I travel over seas I wont be playing online... Sega sucks for that owell, their loss on my coin (Believer their marketing is the reason they are no longer a console company who is losing money at times). I usually play at Puente Hills but can travel to other local areas, and I know when I get a chance to go to NorCal Im definitely going to have to play with the guys up there since they seem very motivated. My question is, can you challenge someone who is already playing mid game like the old versions? For example (if there is a setting) can I be challenged by someone when I am playing story mode or time attack? Also looking to see if there are any other places where there are ID8 machines besides Round 1. I play at Puente hills usually so you can find me around there. Just looking for cool people to chill play and get a beer!
SonicSP
Posted: Jan 31 2016, 10:14 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

QUOTE (Na12uto @ 4 hours, 12 minutes ago)
My question is, can you challenge someone who is already playing mid game like the old versions? For example (if there is a setting) can I be challenged by someone when I am playing story mode or time attack?

You can. You just need to start the game with the In-Store Race option. When you reach the main menu screen with the three circles, choose the rightmost red option instead of the middle light blue one or the multicolored left one. After you press this, the game will allow you to choose either Story Mode or Time Attack. Anyone can challenge on the machine next to you.

Note that that you'll have to enable this every time in order to be challenged. If you just proceed normally, the game will not allow other people to challenge you. That also means you can't challenge other people them allowing that option to be open in the first place.

I know that unfortunately unless I travel over seas I wont be playing online... Sega sucks for that owell, their loss on my coin (Believer their marketing is the reason they are no longer a console company who is losing money at times).

There's actually a pretty good reasons why the US machines don't have online, which includes a combination of latency (high pings) and the lack of enough arcades in the US buying the machines that I've explained in more detail in another thread recently. The former prevents them from joining the geographically far Asian servers while the latter prevents the US region for having their own servers.

Initial D's game design just requires very low latency without breaking the game design, which is an important part and parcel of the fun speaking from experience of playing the online matches. In other words, for similar reasons why online FPS players will get pretty angry when you play in their lobby with high latency compared to everyone, because it can be used to get an unfair advantage. Sega would much rather keep the system fair then expand it so everyone can get in but with a quality and fairness decline in the matches. Even for the arcades in Asia, if the connection isn't fast enough to their servers, they will not be accepted. This time, Sega actually explored giving US the online access for D8 but found that it was still not viable unfortunately.

Sega has a lot of fallacies as a company but from what I have seen, their Initial D game development (except for D4) and IDAS online policy isn't one of them. Too bad the other aspects of the company doesn't appear to be as well run.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jan 31 2016, 10:16 PM
DK_Brawler
Posted: Jan 31 2016, 10:27 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 39,567

Hello Michael! You can do instore battles or tag battles via the 1vs1 or 2vs2 option in the game start start menu (the menu before choosing Story/Time Attack/National Battle/Event). A red text bar will appear on both machines on the top left indicating an in-store battle is being accepted, and a blue text bar for 2vs2. After you select either, a waiting for player screen will pop up, and then you will go to story/time attack screen if no player is found.

Long text, very simple.

DKB
Na12uto
  Posted: Jan 31 2016, 11:08 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 46,237

Thanks for the responses, I actually went today and found that out, got only one challenge today. I wish I knew the option of 1v1 earlier as it also gives you percentage towards the character change bar even if no one races you.

I was just wishing there was a server here in the united states. Doesnt necessarily have to be a server in Asia. I wonder if SEGA has any servers here in north America now that I think about it.
Tummywub
Posted: Feb 2 2016, 01:57 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 39,060

Sent you a PM.