Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Outsoar The Rainbow

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,774  ·  Replies: 14 
> ID7 - Help a returning player?
DigiBunny
  Posted: Nov 12 2015, 05:56 AM

Reading is magic!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 30,700

Said player has been a long time away from the cabs, and the old feeling of Eurobeat calls.

Ran a few rounds on a card that wasn't mine, because the Timezone in the PH no longer stocks them / Fixes their machines at all, but there is still one that seems to work okay-ish.

Could someone run me through the physics rules in this version? Something about Gold drift no longer being what you want, and being like ID3? How long one should brake into a corner? Should you be on the gas while cornering? Speeds and such, on Akina, for example?
Falbere
Posted: Nov 12 2015, 06:11 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

Watching a good player helps.
YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U2SyQxoUHo )

A technique called "BC" is used in-place of eraser. You can see the accel/brake on the two meters beside the tachometer. Gold drifts don't matter, but blue ones will help.

Recommends "Remember Me - Leslie Parrish".

This post has been edited by Falbere on Nov 12 2015, 06:13 AM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
DigiBunny
  Posted: Nov 12 2015, 07:02 AM

Reading is magic!

It looks like you wait for it to... stabilize? Before getting back on the gas while cornering?

What happens when you get on too early? Or if you don't let go?
SonicSP
Posted: Nov 12 2015, 10:02 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Member No.: 36,182

From what I remember:

- Gold Drifts only help in PvP battles, where it can help you get the boost in the end of you took a few more than the other player and hit the wall less. Otherwise in other modes they are useless and in fact dentrimental since it appearing means you've slowed down a lot compared to normal and you won't get any benefit from it.

- Press the brakes only briefly when you BC. The game is mostly about Accel control where you mostly tap it to make the car corner more. The wheel also turns your car a lot (compared to D6), so use it in conjunction. Your right foot will be doing most of the work in this game, where yor left foot brake will only need to pop up for very quick taps occasionally.

- Feel free to downshift if you feel like it in corners. The ideal is not to but because the brakes on this game is *very* strong, it cannot be used to "just" slow down. Downshifting will slow your car down but in a slower manner compared to the brake and will help you in gripping some corners.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Nov 12 2015, 10:06 PM
DigiBunny
  Posted: Nov 23 2015, 05:44 AM

Reading is magic!

Using a Spec 5 not quite FT FD.

It. Really likes to lose a lot of speed in Akina. Usui feels MUCH smoother, but it feels like it just gets MIRED in thick, gooey liquid when it tries to turn anywhere else. Either it understeers and you scrape outer wall, or it turns WAY too much, your speed drops to like 2 digits, and you have to drop down to 3rd.

Is this me, or the difference between FT and not FT?
SonicSP
Posted: Nov 23 2015, 08:27 AM

Nagao Fanboy

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ 2 hours, 42 minutes ago)
Using a Spec 5 not quite FT FD.

It. Really likes to lose a lot of speed in Akina. Usui feels MUCH smoother, but it feels like it just gets MIRED in thick, gooey liquid when it tries to turn anywhere else. Either it understeers and you scrape outer wall, or it turns WAY too much, your speed drops to like 2 digits, and you have to drop down to 3rd.

Is this me, or the difference between FT and not FT?

Difference between FT and non FT I suppose though you should be at the final physics style of the game.

I think it was way worse at the lower spec.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Nov 23 2015, 08:29 AM
DigiBunny
  Posted: Nov 23 2015, 10:37 PM

Reading is magic!

Funny thing is almost every car feels like it turns better at spec 0 when I try to do the BC Thing with it.

By better, I mean it doesn't drop speed like a rock and suddenly under/oversteer.
Falbere
Posted: Nov 24 2015, 01:06 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ 2 hours, 29 minutes ago)
Funny thing is almost every car feels like it turns better at spec 0 when I try to do the BC Thing with it.

By better, I mean it doesn't drop speed like a rock and suddenly under/oversteer.

Best thing to do is to FT it asap. You don't want the car automatically slowing down for you in a turn.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
DigiBunny
  Posted: Nov 24 2015, 09:16 AM

Reading is magic!

Which mode gives the most points? The card in question is pretty starved for them, and I'm not playing on an online machine.

IIRC, one of the Spec 5 upgrades was 6K...?
SonicSP
Posted: Nov 24 2015, 08:19 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Tag is best but I guess Story Mode or Time Attack otherwise.
DigiBunny
  Posted: Dec 3 2015, 04:53 AM

Reading is magic!

HOHO SHIT I FOUND MY OLD CARD.

But yeah. Can confirm. It's not the spec on the other card that's killing me. I'm just REALLY SHIT for some reason at Akina DH in a Full spec EK9.

That speed loss though. I don't get it. What causes that? Brake, turn in, neutral on the gas and brakes, and my speed starts dropping rapidly.

If it's not speed loss, it's understeer into the outer wall. What gives?

Edit:

I notice, vaugely, that I start to slide the rear out more if I downshift, as per eraser. Not all the time though.

This post has been edited by DigiBunny on Dec 3 2015, 04:55 AM
SonicSP
Posted: Dec 3 2015, 08:02 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Yeah shifting down helps you turn so you should do that while practicing your BC.

I think the speed loss is due to the brakes. It's really really strong in this game. I think you'll need to cancel it with an Accel as soon as possible I recall.
DigiBunny
  Posted: Dec 3 2015, 08:42 AM

Reading is magic!

That seems to imply braking has a lasting effect...?

Am I supposed to quickly BRAKE GAS then neutral through the turn?

Looked at more vids. Alot of the lines are. VERY different from what I take. All of them are taking the inner line to enter, or eraser In-Out-In, whereas I normally just start the brake tap and turn in from the outside.

SonicSP
Posted: Dec 3 2015, 09:30 PM

Nagao Fanboy

In general, yes brake gas is the way to go. Just braking by itself is mostly ill advised in most circumstances in D7 because it's super strong and will slow you down much more than you would like.

After the brake-gas, you may want to consider tapping the gas a few times of you need the car to turn more. Neutral should be the way to go if you feel like you're at a nice angle or line.

If you want to find a way to grip certain soft corners while slowing down a lot less than just braking by itself, then I suggest downshifting. It will drag the car back and act like the brake, but it's effect is weaker and more spread out.

So basically there are three options that you should consider at each corner:

- Brake quickly followed by accel (also known as BC)
- Downshifting
- Tapping accel repeatedly

You may need to use more than one at a specific corner but consider whether each needs to be done. The ideal is to be able to just grip the corner using "tap accel repeatedly" but that may not be possible at a really tight corner so you may have to add a BC or a downshift if you feel liked you need to.

D7 is mostly about Accel control and gear shifting to tackle corner, much more than D6 and D8 in fact. Tapping the Accel is also quite important in order to force the car to turn out. As such it's mostly a game about using your right foot (which contrasts greatly with D8, where both feet are used a lot). Your left foot is literally just there to initiate BCs for half a second taps or so each time.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Dec 3 2015, 09:32 PM
DigiBunny
  Posted: Dec 4 2015, 05:15 AM

Reading is magic!

I might not just be snapping my wheel fast enough.

Turning earlier, hogging the inside, and going in-out-in does seem to help now. I still can't wrap my head around how people can take Akina DH's first hairpin at 150-ish without that trickery though.