Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Go 2 - Let It Burn

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 9,498  ·  Replies: 43 
> Initial D7 NEW locations New York and New Jersey, 2 more locations in the US!
Kiroshino
Posted: Mar 23 2015, 11:31 AM

IDW Goldmember
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 34,203

Off topic, but I thought this was pretty cool.

The Nanuet Arcade was featured in the Wall Street Journal: http://www.wsj.com/articles/arcades-in-a-c...mers-1427074744
SonicSP
Posted: Mar 24 2015, 02:11 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

Just a heads up, just using a direct link to WSJ isn't going to work unless you have a subscription to it. You'll need to take the article title "Arcades in a Chase to Recapture Gamers" and then Google it, click on the top link and then you can read the full article.

I wish there were more arcades in the US to be honest. I remember having to drive two hours just to get to one with Wangan 3 when I lived there. There was one in my town but it didn't have IDAS. I'm glad that things feel a bit better here in Asia. But Japan though, it's still thriving.

Arcades will always be special to me. No home gaming experience replicates it. I really love some of the innovations done in the industry lately like online. And then some other strange things like micro-frickin-transactions in an arcade game, now that was something I'd never thought I see.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Mar 24 2015, 02:25 AM
Kiroshino
Posted: Mar 24 2015, 06:11 AM

IDW Goldmember
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 34,203

Never noticed that. Thanks! Opening the WSJ article from Google search results shows the full article. Clicking the link does not. Guess it might be cached results or something. :/

I'm about 40 minutes from 8otB, and maybe 20 minutes from the nearest arcade. I've never really been an arcade person, though when I go, the only games I'm interested in are IDAS and shooters like Time Crisis (the one at 8otB that requires you to actually crouch and lean is pretty cool).

What I'm interested in is LAN Parties. There's just something about getting together with people IN PERSON and duking it out, versus playing online.

I can't seem to find it atm, but there's a Critical Miss comic that equates microtransactions in video games with feeding quarters to arcade machines.

This post has been edited by Kiroshino on Mar 24 2015, 06:12 AM
Agent556
Posted: Mar 24 2015, 06:39 PM

Project Legacy Co-Leader

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,133

just curious, what version of D7 do you guys have? Version 1.0 EXP? or just Version 1.0? or whatever version number it is
eyyoed
Posted: Jul 29 2015, 06:24 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 45,769

hey im trying to make a trip to one of those arcades, which one is better to go to?
ARMA
  Posted: Aug 10 2015, 01:09 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 45,059

QUOTE (eyyoed @ Jul 29 2015, 06:24 PM)
hey im trying to make a trip to one of those arcades, which one is better to go to?

Sorry for the late response. If you wanna go and play as many games as you want without being bothered, nanuet arcade. BUT they don't have any cards right now. (even if you have a card from an older version, and transfer WILL NOT WORK)

And if you go to the break, one of their machines has a broken gas pedal that does not let off the gas when you let it go. However, they do have cards. For the first 20 or so upgrades, you can pretty much play the game without ever letting off the gas by oversteering and tapping the break to slow down anyway.
eyyoed
Posted: Aug 12 2015, 10:36 AM

Shmuck

QUOTE (ARMA @ Aug 10 2015, 01:09 PM)
Sorry for the late response. If you wanna go and play as many games as you want without being bothered, nanuet arcade. BUT they don't have any cards right now. (even if you have a card from an older version, and transfer WILL NOT WORK)

And if you go to the break, one of their machines has a broken gas pedal that does not let off the gas when you let it go. However, they do have cards. For the first 20 or so upgrades, you can pretty much play the game without ever letting off the gas by oversteering and tapping the break to slow down anyway.

Thanks for the heads up. Going this weekend since i got a card already from otakon so i just wanna have fun and continue finishing up my upgrades. Well nanuet it is unless they fixed the problem or not.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
ARMA
  Posted: Aug 12 2015, 11:01 PM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (eyyoed @ Today, 10:36 AM)
Thanks for the heads up. Going this weekend since i got a card already from otakon so i just wanna have fun and continue finishing up my upgrades. Well nanuet it is unless they fixed the problem or not.

The break actually did fix their gas pedal super fast which is awesome. So either one will let you get in some games. 2v2 wins against teh computer get you 900 points, where a Time attack or story mode win by yourself gets you 450 points for the same credit. Easiest way to full tune a car quickly is 2v2ing with someone (go for the gold coins)
eyyoed
Posted: Aug 13 2015, 11:00 AM

Shmuck

QUOTE (ARMA @ Yesterday, 11:01 PM)
The break actually did fix their gas pedal super fast which is awesome. So either one will let you get in some games. 2v2 wins against teh computer get you 900 points, where a Time attack or story mode win by yourself gets you 450 points for the same credit. Easiest way to full tune a car quickly is 2v2ing with someone (go for the gold coins)

Awesome!!! Well ill be going to the break then! Thanks for the info!

ARMA
  Posted: Aug 13 2015, 06:10 PM

IDW Full Member

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 3984 x 2241. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Can someone help me out with this code? it shows up on 2 out of the 4 ID7 machines at nanuet and Im not sure why. Of course its machine 2 and 4 which makes it impossible to link play.

Thanks in advance!
DK_Brawler
Posted: Aug 13 2015, 11:45 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 39,567

Roughly translated to "card unit cleaning", so I assume card readers need to be cleaned/checked out/plugged in properly.
N643
Posted: Sep 3 2015, 09:55 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 28,448

slot in any id card and it should be cleaned
DukeofShadows
Posted: Oct 22 2015, 09:06 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 43,936

Is it even possible that the arcades could just set up a vpn to a Japanese server and have the machines think "connected to a Japanese network" followed by setting up the machines with Sega net. I mean setting up a vpn is some simple stuff and bridging the vpn to a switch and connecting the machines to it is even easier. Be it that you would probably need a translator, but has anyone even tried this yet?
Falbere
Posted: Oct 22 2015, 09:42 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

QUOTE (DukeofShadows @ 35 minutes, 52 seconds ago)
Is it even possible that the arcades could just set up a vpn to a Japanese server and have the machines think "connected to a Japanese network" followed by setting up the machines with Sega net. I mean setting up a vpn is some simple stuff and bridging the vpn to a switch and connecting the machines to it is even easier. Be it that you would probably need a translator, but has anyone even tried this yet?

One problem is that Japanese time zones still apply. And the fact that game servers are only open GMT+9 9AM to 10PM makes this a problem.

Even if you can link it, Apparently you still can't connect to an online match if you have a very bad ping as proven by some of our asian online machines popping out connection errors when there is a huge network traffic or if a bottleneck was added.

There is also a need of an activation transaction that requires a Japanese address, arcade company listing and bank account.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
SonicSP
Posted: Oct 22 2015, 11:56 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Member No.: 36,182

QUOTE (Kiroshino @ Mar 10 2015, 05:42 AM)
From what I understand, old cards can be used in new machines, but once they are, they cannot be used in the older machines ever again.

No, that won't work. Once you have made a card you can never use it for another version again. Some versions allow you to transfer some data to new cards that you can buy on the magchine but you won't be able to use the old cards themselves.

pk is 1337
Posted: Nov 13 2015, 06:33 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 44,300

Just a heads up since it hasn't been updated in a while Nanuet recently closed down. We are waiting to see where their cabinets go so for now main place is 8 On the break

ARMA
  Posted: Nov 14 2015, 10:49 AM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (pk is 1337 @ Yesterday, 6:33 PM)
Just a heads up since it hasn't been updated in a while Nanuet recently closed down. We are waiting to see where their cabinets go so for now main place is 8 On the break

Thanks for posting! the Original Post has been updated! if you click on the chinatown fair arcade facebook, you see they have posted that initial D 7 has just arrived.
stevvvvvve
Posted: Feb 15 2016, 10:53 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 46,272

Is there a good following for initial d 7 in nyc at chinatown fair. Used to play in nj until they closed down our local arcade. Havent played in years but looking into taking a trip to nyc for some initial d. I used to play on mott street as well years ago fyi. But just wondering if the following is still going strong!!!
pk is 1337
Posted: Feb 19 2016, 08:10 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 44,300

QUOTE (stevvvvvve @ Feb 15 2016, 10:53 AM)
Is there a good following for initial d 7 in nyc at chinatown fair. Used to play in nj until they closed down our local arcade. Havent played in years but looking into taking a trip to nyc for some initial d. I used to play on mott street as well years ago fyi. But just wondering if the following is still going strong!!!

I think theres a few players there but I'm not 100% sure I know a lot of us who play tend to play in new jersey at 8 On the break

2 Pages  1 2