Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Every Little Thing - Jirenma (Movie Size)

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

13 Pages  « 11 12 13  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 131,216  ·  Replies: 315 
> Upcoming Anime Season Discussion, Discuss the upcoming anime season
MidnightViper88
Posted: Sep 30 2013, 07:22 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,034

I'll be damn motivated if I arse myself to watch any of them, and then stick with it to the end...But if I had to latch onto one, Coppelion looks like the one that I might give serious thought to. Of course, given my latest habit of picking up anime based on random book-cover impressions and the snap-judgement reflexes of impulse with no logic or rationale to justify my decision other than plain old curiosity...this is why I would watch that.
kyonpalm
Posted: Dec 27 2013, 10:15 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1653 x 3043. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

So, what's everyone looking forward to for the winter season? Myself, the following have caught my eye:

TV Series:
Pupipo!
Saikin, Imouto no Yousu ga Chotto Okashiinda ga
Minna Atsumare! Falcom Gakuen
Witch Craft Works
Noragami
Tonari no Seki-kun
Space Dandy
D-Frag!
Super Sonico The Animation
Wooser's Hand to Mouth Life S2
Hamatora
Oneechan ga Kita
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren
Mikakunin de Shinkousei
Strange Plus
Pupa
Wake Up, Girls
Nisekoi
Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda
Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil

OVA & ONA:
Shingeki no Kyojin
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
kyonpalm
Posted: Aug 1 2014, 01:51 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

So what looks good this season? I've checked out a lot, and my watch list is as follows...

Barakamon
Himegoto
Jinsei
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - Stardust Crusaders
Persona 4 The Golden Animation
Space Dandy
Yami Shibai 2
Zankyou no Terror

Preliminarily calling Zankyou no Terror AOTS.
Posted: Aug 1 2014, 03:16 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

the top 5 for this season imo are 1st Tokyo Ghoul, Jinsei, Glasslip, Aldnoah Zero and Zankyo no terror. its bveen a while since a good gory horror series has come along. deadman wonderland did make a notable appearance recently but Tokyo ghoul is darker imo.
Seri
Posted: Aug 1 2014, 03:18 PM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

I'm going to probably catch up on stuff tomorrow, and will post back with thoughts.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
kyonpalm
Posted: Aug 1 2014, 06:05 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (207 @ 2 hours, 49 minutes ago)
the top 5 for this season imo are 1st Tokyo Ghoul, Jinsei, Glasslip, Aldnoah Zero and Zankyo no terror. its bveen a while since a good gory horror series has come along. deadman wonderland did make a notable appearance recently but Tokyo ghoul is darker imo.

Tokyo Ghoul was okay for the one episode I watched, but there's so much censoring I'll probably wait for the BDs to come out if I ever watch it. I refuse to watch Glasslip as I hear there's NTR in it.
Seri
Posted: Aug 1 2014, 06:43 PM

Group Icon

Yeah, Glasslip seemed pretty interesting until I heard about the NTR.
Posted: Aug 2 2014, 11:12 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

I actually really like Glasslip, same goes for Hanasaku no Iroha. the main reason why I like it is the calm pace of the slice of life. they don't put any tempting cliff hangers to try to rush the story. they let the story run its course, usually manga accuracy negligible (unless they really butcher it). some might find the pace too slow to be worth paying attention. I find the multitude of attention grabbing scenes in anime to be a bit overused so a calm pace is a nice change of pace for me.

I do agree they still put a bit too much censoring in Tokyo Ghoul but the story is dark enough for me to watch it mostly censored. I am also watching Akame no Kill, the gore is ok but its still very RPG fantasy storywise.

ive been holding back on even starting Zankyou no Terror but I do plan to take the time to watch the series before they get more than 6 episodes into it.

there are some series which I refuse to watch this season due to the main category of the series. im not much for fantasy but I don't mind trying some fantasy series once in a while.

This post has been edited by 207 on Aug 2 2014, 11:22 AM
kyonpalm
Posted: Aug 2 2014, 12:30 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (207 @ 1 hour, 18 minutes ago)
I am also watching Akame no Kill, the gore is ok but its still very RPG fantasy storywise.

Akame ga Kill is edgy as fuck. They're trying to combine morbidity with generic slapstick lightheartedness and it is hilarious how miserably it fails at that. Some ideas are better left untested.
Posted: Aug 2 2014, 03:27 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 2 hours, 56 minutes ago)
Akame ga Kill is edgy as fuck. They're trying to combine morbidity with generic slapstick lightheartedness and it is hilarious how miserably it fails at that. Some ideas are better left untested.

the series does have its flaws but i'll still probably watch it. I didn't expect it to be Higurashi No Kokoro or any equivalent. I did like Deadman Wonderland but I don't expect Akane no kill to get that close to deadman.

has anyone here seen Sabagebu yet? I find its very funny, the lead protagonist Momoka is unique and has quite a few loose screws in her head dspite her cheerful appearance. the series is a bit like Gintama regarding the random tangents that the series seems to always find. Sabagebu is almost as funny as Gintama imo and im already enjoying the series alot already. the characters' appearances hides a few darker sides to them.

This post has been edited by 207 on Aug 5 2014, 04:57 PM
Seri
Posted: Aug 8 2014, 10:56 AM

Group Icon

I got this week's P4G highlight spoiled. It'll still be awesome, though.
BOZZ
Posted: Mar 17 2015, 08:13 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

Is anyone following the new stuff that's out this season and stuff that's upcoming, like the second half of the new Fate Stay Night series and the upcoming third (and probably final) season of the Working/Wagnaria anime?
sushiyummy32
Posted: Feb 24 2016, 07:35 PM

DotA Kiwi

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,824

http://anichart.net/spring
Spring 2016 anime
Only thing I recognise there is asterisk war s2. Hopefully it will bring some interesting stuff.
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 5 2016, 09:48 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

I'm not sure how many of you has seen, read of heard of ARIA, but it, to me is the pinnacle of sweet, slice of life anime that I can watch over and over again.

For those who have not heard of it, I've included a synopsis below, I highly recommend you at least watch a few episodes or read the manga:

SPOILER

The reason I bring up ARIA is because the latest work from the creator of ARIA is being adapted into an animated series this summer called Amanchu. I've read quite a bit of the manga (unfortunately it's released either chapter a month or every 3 months, it's been a while since I last read it) and it is very similar in tone to Aqua.

Unlike Aqua this series takes place during our current time and focuses on high school students and scuba diving. It's very similar in tone to ARIA and just based on my experience reading the manga it's a very nice read.

The story focuses on Futuba, a newcomer to the town in which Amanchu takes place, as she enters high school. She befriends a fellow classmate, the cheerful, energetic Hikaru, who is a local and trained scuba diver, and from whom Futuba begins to get interested in scuba diving and acquiring a license.

Other characters that form the main cast include the two twins Ai and Makoto, who are a year older than Hikaru and Futuba and are also experienced divers and current members of the high school diving club, and their teacher who is the diving club's advisor and a diver herself.

I personally can't wait to see Amanachu and hope some of you might give it AND ARIA a chance.

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Apr 5 2016, 09:49 AM
LeroyVaughn
Posted: Sep 18 2022, 06:54 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 53,244

Thanks for sharing biggrin.gif
selvenvid
Posted: Nov 22 2022, 02:44 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 53,310