Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 2 unique listeners, playing (MF Ghost OST) Derrick Simons - Be My Queen

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

21 Pages  « 18 19 20 21  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 270,366  ·  Replies: 509 
> Teknoparrot now supports ID4 through IDZ
thestreetzking
Posted: Jan 26 2019, 03:17 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 28,571

QUOTE (LeGeNd-1 @ Jan 17 2019, 04:24 PM)

The FFB in IDAS games are not that great unfortunately. If you're used to sim racing, which I assume you do having a T500RS, then it will feel very weak and undetailed. Having said that, I didn't play much of the actual arcade so I can't vouch how accurate it is in Tekno. Wangan in Tekno feels ok, but IDAS I just can't get comfortable with. So much so that I prefer playing using a pad actually.

As for the FFB settings, here's mine (I use a T-GT so should be similar):
Sine 1000
Friction 1000
Spring 1250
Constant 2250

1000 is pretty much zero effect, so you can try out what each setting does by putting the rest to 1000 and increasing the one you're testing. From memory Sine is vibration effect (when running over kerbs), Friction is damper, Spring is centering spring and Constant is the main FFB torque.

this was helpful thank you!

I see this can be played online using the teknoparrot online. I also got WMMT 5 working flawlessly but is there any way that can be played online?
LeGeNd-1
Posted: Jan 31 2019, 04:43 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 31,903

QUOTE (thestreetzking @ Jan 27 2019, 06:17 AM)
this was helpful thank you!

I see this can be played online using the teknoparrot online. I also got WMMT 5 working flawlessly but is there any way that can be played online?

I heard some rumblings that WMMT 5 is only LAN play for now, and even that is quite complicated to do. Don't think online ghost battles are fully supported (or ever will, considering the servers are now taken down). Sorry, I don't really play online much so can't help you further. Joining the Teknoparrot discord would be the best place to go.
SonicSP
Posted: Feb 8 2019, 10:30 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

Thanks to some help from Akii, I managed to get D5 working yesterday at 60FPS. Generally works well minus the annoying sound bugs and crash whenever my firewall is on.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
LeGeNd-1
Posted: Feb 16 2019, 05:57 PM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (SonicSP @ Feb 9 2019, 01:30 PM)
Thanks to some help from Akii, I managed to get D5 working yesterday at 60FPS. Generally works well minus the annoying sound bugs and crash whenever my firewall is on.

Does the menu musics and gameplay handling work as normal? I have bad experiences everytime I upgrade Tekno because they always change the format of WMMT5 saves and make me lose all my cars. I don't wanna upgrade until D5 is confirmed fully playable because otherwise it's just a waste of time.
SonicSP
Posted: Feb 16 2019, 11:39 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Gameplay handling works fine in Full Screen but sound bugs is still an issue. If the FPS is running 60, you should be fine and that can be confirmed with a FPS counter. The physics is still messed up in Windowed Mode.

Some people have issues having the game working at full screen though however you wouldn't know until you try.

I suggest instead of "upgrading" you just download a new TP version and try D5 and see whether it works. You can have multiple TP on your PC at one time and they won't interfere with each other generally (just keep them in their respective folders).

For first time setup of the new TP, you just need to activate the exe of the TP version you wanna play, rebind the controls and point to the exe or elf of the game you wanna play as normal.

If you then find out that you are one of those where D5 doesn't want to work full screen, you can then just go back and use your previous TP without any issues.

I even have two separate copies of TP of the same version for gamepad and wheel respectively. This is so I can just use the one I want without having to rebind the controls every time I change.

Gameplay working on D4/D5 on TP 1.81 and above. On the latest version, Teknoparrot Online can also be used to play D4/D5 without a Patreon subscription. I played D5 online with jon360 yesterday in fact.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Feb 17 2019, 12:37 AM
LeGeNd-1
Posted: Feb 17 2019, 06:09 PM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (SonicSP @ Yesterday, 2:39 PM)
Gameplay handling works fine in Full Screen but sound bugs is still an issue. If the FPS is running 60, you should be fine and that can be confirmed with a FPS counter. The physics is still messed up in Windowed Mode.

Some people have issues having the game working at full screen though however you wouldn't know until you try.

I suggest instead of "upgrading" you just download a new TP version and try D5 and see whether it works. You can have multiple TP on your PC at one time and they won't interfere with each other generally (just keep them in their respective folders).

For first time setup of the new TP, you just need to activate the exe of the TP version you wanna play, rebind the controls and point to the exe or elf of the game you wanna play as normal.

If you then find out that you are one of those where D5 doesn't want to work full screen, you can then just go back and use your previous TP without any issues.

I even have two separate copies of TP of the same version for gamepad and wheel respectively. This is so I can just use the one I want without having to rebind the controls every time I change.

Gameplay working on D4/D5 on TP 1.81 and above. On the latest version, Teknoparrot Online can also be used to play D4/D5 without a Patreon subscription. I played D5 online with jon360 yesterday in fact.

Thanks for the detailed post. Sounds like it's still not fully compatible then. I'm on TP 1.80 and when I tried D5 I can't run it in Full Screen. Windowed mode the game runs but menu music is completely messed up and the cars are undrivable despite Fraps showing 60 FPS. I might just sit this one out for now.

Good idea on using 2 separate TP installs. I'll do that whenever I'm upgrading next.
SonicSP
Posted: Feb 19 2019, 06:02 AM

Nagao Fanboy

1.80 will not work regardless because the fix is not in yet in that version. You will need 1.81 or above. You might want to try one more time with a newer version.

Sound bugs might take awhile to did though. Its an issue related to the Linux emulation and is in all the Lindhberg games.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Feb 19 2019, 06:05 AM
LeGeNd-1
Posted: Mar 7 2019, 04:42 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Tried TP 1.90 with D5 the other day. Menu music is still messed up. Driving is normal but there is no engine sound. Also the game always freezes after each race so my data could not be saved. So it's to the backburner for now...
LeGeNd-1
Posted: Apr 2 2019, 06:35 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Bit backwards, but I finally got round to trying D6 today. Got the game running fine, custom resolution 1080p and all that. But I can't seem to run the 1.2+E upgrade despite already placing the SBUU_e2prom.bin in the correct place. In game on the SEGA screen it still shows 1.0+E. I also tried downloading the 1.2 dump from emuline forums (InitialD6_GLW_RE_SBUU_dump), but then when I launched the game only fills up half the screen compared to using the normal dump (id6_dump_).

Anyone knows any solutions? Also what exactly are the differences between 1.0 and 1.2?
SonicSP
Posted: Apr 4 2019, 02:28 AM

Nagao Fanboy

More cars and more courses I believe, is what you get from 1.2 IIRC.
LeGeNd-1
Posted: Apr 4 2019, 01:47 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Nevermind, I found the issue. The 1.2 dump (InitialD6_GLW_RE_SBUU_dump) is not the resolution patched version like the 1.0 dump (id6_dump_), so that's why the game only launches in half screen. There is a thread with the resolution patched 1.2 dump in emuline forums, and once I downloaded that all runs fine now.

So far I'm really liking the physics in D6, much to my surprise given how drift heavy it is. Of course it's just early days and I assume handling will change significantly once you Full Spec the car.

EDIT: Finished story mode now (Normal + Another). Working on Legend next. Anyone know what chapter you get to race Bunta?

This post has been edited by LeGeNd-1 on Apr 11 2019, 02:49 PM
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 9 2019, 02:56 AM

Nagao Fanboy

YOUTUBE ( https://youtu.be/ZsmXZEPqwaA )
cheongzewei
Posted: Jul 19 2019, 09:54 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 36,033

My ID 7 crashes when I try to create a card. Anyone knows how to fix it?
LeGeNd-1
Posted: Jul 25 2019, 02:48 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Just found out that IDAS Zero 2 is out. Any chance that we'll see TP support Zero 1 soon? I'd love to try out the Gunsai track, even though it's not an exact replica of real life.

Kinda disappointing that the new Odawara track in Zero 2 is a fictional circuit though. I was expecting it to be the full Odawara Pikes Peak (they already have half of it modelled anyway since it just uses the Turnpike roads). Would be interesting to see if they decide to include Ashinoko in the future too, since that track is already in Wangan Midnight games. We need longer stages in IDAS, a la WMMT's combined expressway tracks (40-60 km length, 10-15 mins to complete). True test that separates the men from the boys, and bring back IDAS5 tyre wear mechanic while we're at it wink2.gif

This post has been edited by LeGeNd-1 on Aug 15 2019, 02:50 PM
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 27 2019, 09:35 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Probably not, Nu2 has a suicide system that is hard to defeat. It might take a long while, if ever.
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 29 2019, 10:10 PM

Nagao Fanboy

YOUTUBE ( https://youtu.be/hO66jfRocAA )
SonicSP
Posted: Aug 9 2019, 01:01 PM

Nagao Fanboy

YOUTUBE ( https://youtu.be/5-Bdypw_GcQ )

The other player is apparantly IDForum member.from D5 days.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Aug 9 2019, 01:01 PM
Goodyni
Posted: Oct 3 2019, 08:45 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 51,260

Hello guys, can I play Initial D on PC with an emulator, because I'd really like to try it on my new PC. I bought a very cool mechanical gaming keyboard and I'd love to hear the sound of tapping while playing this. I don't know what emulator to use, because as I know this is a pretty big problem with FPS on them. I recently watched for the third time the anime and it made me want to play the game so hard, lol
Jordansoon114
  Posted: Feb 3 2020, 10:42 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 51,528

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nNs...YT-?usp=sharing

All admins.... pls look at the images given in this link. Its the screen of my laptop while playing Arcade Stage 8 and 7. Its off centered and its killing me to death that its like that. May i know what could the problem be? These were the results after i used Borderless Gaming and manually changing the resolution in the initiald.ini file. Still like that... I really wish to play this on my laptop before 13 Feb when i enlist. Here are my Specs

CPU : Intel ® Core ™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81GHz
Windows Version : Windows 10 Home, 1909
Graphics Card : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050Ti
Adapter Type: Intel ® HD Graphics 630
GPU RAM : Total , 8260 MB
Dedicated, 128 MB

Teknoparrot Ui Version : 1.0.0.277

Please help me.... i really am gonna kill myself if i really can't fit this game into my laptop screen centralised. Hope someone can help me fix this pls/

This post has been edited by Jordansoon114 on Feb 3 2020, 10:50 AM
LeGeNd-1
Posted: Feb 6 2020, 03:42 PM

IDW Jr. Member

I had the same problem playing D6. Didn't have any problems with D7/8, so my method might not be helpful, but according to my notes I had to use non-windowed mode + custom resolution patched game dump + change display scaling in Windows to 100%.

---

Moving on, apparently someone managed to get D Zero working on PC now. The process is very convoluted though (not using Teknoparrot so you have to install each and every file) so prolly not worth it unless you really wanna play it now.

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao3ihmFnS9g )

This post has been edited by LeGeNd-1 on Feb 6 2020, 03:51 PM
Jordansoon114
Posted: Feb 8 2020, 04:48 AM

Shmuck

But now Arcade Stage 6 auto closes on its own everytime i wanted to register a car.... It stings.... 7 and 8 i have no issues. But 6 still bothers me... Does anyone know how to fix it? My specs are in my first post. 6AA i wanna play with no issues.. pls someone help me post haste!!! Thank you

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Tokken_FC3S
Posted: Mar 31 2020, 12:57 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 51,659

Hello,
So I'm using TeknoParrot for ID8, and for some reason, it keeps crashing when I'm at the "Start Game" option.
I can watch the opening movies etc. but as soon as I attempt to start, Picodaemon is kicked.
any idea how to fix this?
Jordansoon114
Posted: Apr 27 2020, 09:10 PM

Shmuck

Oh no.. I just updated Teknoparrot and now Arcade Stage 7 AAX is alr gone from the game list. Is that normal??? I hope the teknoparrot administrators has a reason for it cause Arcade Stage 6 for me still closes itself after is passes the login screen... Any online player here that has a solution to this or encountered this and fixed it. Pls get back to me thru here post haste and asap
SonicSP
Posted: Jun 29 2020, 09:20 AM

Nagao Fanboy

YOUTUBE ( https://youtu.be/anVgy96f5fc )

Made a video comparing 60FPS vs 100FPS for TP D8. Thought it will be useful to just point to newer players to explain the importance of locking to 60FPS.
bboyflames
Posted: Aug 15 2020, 04:49 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 4,562

Want to get ID7/8 running on TP and want to invest in a wheel.

Ive seen the following mentioned:
Driving Force GT
G25
G27
Thrustmaster ??? (which thrustmaster)

Wondering which one would be closest to arcade feel.

Thanks in advance!

21 Pages  « 18 19 20 21