Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Jean Love - Steel Blade

Important Rules
Buy the Arcade Stage 4 Original Soundtrack to support IDW !!
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 4 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,900  ·  Replies: 4 
> ID4 Asia News
editor
  Posted: May 28 2007, 03:15 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,435

Taiwan market: Astro to become sales agent for Sega Initial D Arcade Stage 4

Latest news
Press release, May 28; Adam Hwang, DIGITIMES [Monday 28 May 2007]

Astro Corporation, a Taiwan-based producer of electronic gaming machines mainly for export, on May 25 signed a letter of intent with Sega Amusements Taiwan and Japan-based ALTA Company for the exclusive Taiwan sales agent rights for Initial D Arcade Stage 4, the latest version of the car-racing game series Initial D Arcade Stage produced by Japan-based Sega Rosso, according to the company. The signing paves the way for both sides to sign a one-year sales agent contract, Astro pointed out.

Initial D Arcade Stage 4 machines were launched in Japan in March and have gained good market response, according to the Chinese-language Economic Daily News (EDN). Astro expects popular arcade machines in the Japan market to cater to game players in Taiwan too and has therefore decided to introduce Initial D Arcade Stage 4, EDN indicated.

Initial D Arcade Stage 3 sells at over NT$300,000 (US$9,010) in the Taiwan market and the fourth version will be more expensive, EDN cited Astro as saying. Initial D Arcade Stage 4 is expected to come to the Taiwan market in July 2007 at the earliest, EDN noted. Astro may purchase such machines first and then resell them to Taiwan-based sales agents or retail stores, according to EDN.

This post has been edited by editor on May 28 2007, 03:19 PM
zippo729
Posted: May 28 2007, 06:29 PM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,645

hmm....i wonder what v4 will go for when it hits the states.

i've seen about $10000 for a pair of v3 cabs as recently as last week on some sites.

i hope it's not too expensive that it'll drive arcades away from it just by its cost, but idk what brand new machines run for anyway.
ChaosAngel
Posted: May 28 2007, 10:06 PM

IDW Spartan #6

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 22,883

or the arcades can just jack up the price to make up for the money they lost =P
Excel
Posted: May 29 2007, 07:07 AM

Snake is Sony's lone hero

Member No.: 4,625

Last I heard it was $16000 for one machine, but this was prerelease. Maybe Editor could give us the current price?
BDDEE@
Posted: May 29 2007, 02:10 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 21,568

$5000 per machine now for v3...big price drop since v4 was released