Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (Wangan Midnight OST) Remains of S30Z

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 28,229  ·  Replies: 55 
> Calling for Mod Change

Should Spaz be removed as Moderator?
Undecided/No Comment [ 11 ]  [27.50%]
Yes [ 5 ]  [12.50%]
No [ 24 ]  [60.00%]
Total Votes: 40
Guests cannot vote 
Nomake Wan
  Posted on Oct 3 2013, 08:18 AM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

I've actually had this simmering for quite a while, and I'm sure the first few times Spaz thought I was joking, and perhaps even now he thinks I'm just being a dick or kidding around or something. After all, the word 'immature' was thrown in for good measure. However, know that I am completely serious and this thread is my declaration of intent.

I call for the removal of Spaz from the moderating team. My reasoning is as follows:

He was added as part of the joke administration. Quite literally they were assigned as part of an April Fools' prank, then most of them were kept on beyond that point. We've already had Tessou voluntarily step down, and while his replacement as administrator has yet to do much to prove herself (I don't know who decided to re-start the Awards, Perry or HONDA_CG2, but the aftermath of the awards was handled squarely by Perry and not HONDA_CG2) it's a start. I still don't have an opinion there as there hasn't been enough Administrator activity to show whether it was a move forward or a step backward.

However, I have always felt that Spaz was a poor choice as moderator. Is he active? Yes, he is. Is he involved with automobiles? Yes, he is. However, there really should be more to that if you're going to moderate the automotive section. It reflects poorly when the Automotive moderator can't tell that a Ferrari going 200 MPH is going to be invisible to a taxi cab going 20 until nearly the moment of impact, something that requires a lick of common sense to grasp and a lick of mathematics ability to prove. It reflects poorly when the Automotive moderator assumes that a guy in a Range Rover running over a motorcycle placed in the way of his vehicle in order to box him in to facilitate an attack on his person and his family deserves to be 'raped in civil court by those he injured and their familes' for actions that any human being with the ability to place themselves in that situation would find right, or at least the ability to look further into the evidence presented than just the one second of action out of an event that lasted over five minutes. It reflects poorly when the Automotive moderator puts off-the-shelf generic brake fluid into his tuned race car, takes it to a race track, races it and destroys it.

Absolutely I am being harsh. Absolutely I am being blunt and to the point. Absolutely I am serious. It's high time we had someone else in that seat who was brought there by the people and not by an April Fools' joke. Spaz, I don't have anything against you as a member, just as I don't have anything against Apex Carver as a member or Tessou as a member. However, I find that you do not deserve the badge you currently wear. That is my view. I am making it public, more public than the mere comments I have made in the past which apparently have been shrugged off as jokes. Regardless of the outcome, I realize this will paint me in a negative light and that is fine by me. If it's for IDW, I'll do it. I've proven that much in the past and welcome whatever comes of this as well.

I open this poll so that the community at large can voice their own opinion. If they would rather speak silently and anonymously, that is their choice and the poll is open. If they would like to speak in defense of Spaz's position, or to complement mine, the thread is wide open for comments. Let the democracy begin.

(USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST)
  - Details: Warning has been issued to this post by The Moderating Team on Oct 3 2013, 11:56 AM.
  - Reasons: Attacking another member with reference to a traumatic personal event.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
JKaiba
Posted on Oct 3 2013, 11:48 AM

Alias The J'

Member No.: 16,596

I don't think Spaz's track activities should have anything to do with his ability to moderate. If you are arguing that his behavior was negligent: his car was damaged on a private, closed track, on which he made a calculated risk in his driving and vehicle set up while driving alongside other consenting parties. He has not crashed in this manner before, and he obviously learned something from it. I thought that type of sanctioned, off road, learning centric driving experience was the ideal of what the attitude of the more mature IDW was aspiring to. Most of us here who have driven hard have had accidents before and I don't think that makes us feckless, devil may care individuals.

The only reason I can think of relieving him is to reduce moderator bloat. Tangentially it could be argued that it might make people more comfortable in disagreeing with him considering his opinionated stand on certain subjects but ideally moderators should be able to express their opinions without people being in fear of retribution, which to be honest Spaz does pretty well as far as I've seen.

This post has been edited by JKaiba on Oct 3 2013, 11:51 AM
Grappler
Posted on Oct 3 2013, 12:22 PM

IDW Regular Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,805

Pretty sure I have lost respect for you nomake wan and if nothing else gained respect for this moderating team. That you havent been imediately banned is nothing but an immense amount of self control for calling out a member of a forum in a public thread as it is nothing but childish. I would imagine it couldnt have possibly hurt to pm someone if you take issue with them or pm another moderator.
Rudy
Posted on Oct 3 2013, 01:00 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)

This post has been edited by Dorifuta on Oct 3 2013, 01:01 PM
Spaz
Posted on Oct 3 2013, 01:02 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

For reference, I refuse to render judgment on anything I am directly involved with. Even in blatant violations, I will refrain to prevent either the abuse or the appearance of abuse of the badge.

However, I am currently at work. You know, being a productive member of society. I don't have time to write post novels between the times of 8-4:30 CST outside of my lunch break that has already passed.

So I'll leave it at this. I like you Don. Possibly past tense. I had respect for you. That is past tense. Note that I will continue to be civil to you here and if I meet you in person.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
kyonpalm
Posted on Oct 3 2013, 01:03 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 4 hours, 43 minutes ago)
It reflects poorly when the Automotive moderator puts off-the-shelf generic brake fluid into his tuned race car, takes it to a race track, races it and destroys it.

I really didn't want to reply to this thread. I didn't want to give it that recognition, because (as has been said elsewhere) the staff is currently managed and appointed by the Site Administrator(s), not polls made in the Feedback Section, and your thinking that this poll has any merit whatsoever is comical.

I didn't want to reply, but when I see a comment as disgusting and offensive as this, I feel obligated to reply. Nothing really needs to be said, though.

You should be ashamed of yourself, but I know you aren't. I know you're probably laughing at this, which is even more revolting and even more reason for you to be ashamed.

Enjoy your warn.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Hannah
Posted on Oct 3 2013, 01:30 PM

Remember Me
Group Icon

Group: PONY FANATIC
Member No.: 8,296

I don't participate in the forms as often as I used to, nor do I care for the whole range rover VS douchebag motorcycle gang thread. And to put it bluntly, the majority of regulars on this forum I don't necessarily care for. As I am being asked to participate in this thread without prior (common )knowledge, I should tell you guys I just dont give a damn what happens.

Therefore, my vote is undecided.

Also I'd like to say, who the f*** cares what kind of brake fluid or whatever spaz put in his f****** car. His car does not equal the forums.
Nobody is f****** perfect. what someone does in their f****** spare time outside of IDW, has nothing to do with how they moderate this goddamn forum. Instead of gaining the title of Motherfucking Douche Nozzle, how about you leave Spaz's title of Moderator, alone.

/ooc

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

This post has been edited by Hibiscus on Oct 3 2013, 01:58 PM
s12drifter
Posted on Oct 3 2013, 01:49 PM

The Lulz Boat

Member No.: 23,696

I'll take one for the team. don, when you BUILD a car you will understand..

accidents happen and shit happens, sometimes we make mistakes spaz's accident at the track has NOTHING to do with his moderation here at IDW. a accident is that, it was not intended, not of spaz were street drifting lost brakes and hit someone or a car I would completely agree you with, however this is not the case.

what happens out side of the forum with him and his car is his personal business.

hey one time i went street drifting spun out in the middle of an intersection. idiotic? completely 1000% smart? nope. but because what i do outside of the forum does not mean it should effect me inside the forum unless i start spewing shit like obama is a pirate or something.

this is the one thing i DID want to address that is all.

My vote is undecided.

This post has been edited by s12drifter on Oct 3 2013, 01:51 PM
Spaz
Posted on Oct 3 2013, 03:09 PM

Group Icon

Okay, I'm off work. Here goes:

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 5 hours, 41 minutes ago)
I've actually had this simmering for quite a while, and I'm sure the first few times Spaz thought I was joking, and perhaps even now he thinks I'm just being a dick or kidding around or something. After all, the word 'immature' was thrown in for good measure. However, know that I am completely serious and this thread is my declaration of intent.

Well, you are, to quote yourself, "being a dick", because there are plenty of avenues with which to make a complaint of this nature that don't involve publicly berating a staff member. You chose this one. And yes, this is the least mature of the options, making my comment quite valid.

I call for the removal of Spaz from the moderating team.

Didn't see that one coming. JKLOL

My reasoning is as follows:

Good, I thought for a second that you were going to keep making offhanded comments on the matter whenever I posted something you didn't like.

He was added as part of the joke administration. Quite literally they were assigned as part of an April Fools' prank, then most of them were kept on beyond that point. We've already had Tessou voluntarily step down, and while his replacement as administrator has yet to do much to prove herself (I don't know who decided to re-start the Awards, Perry or HONDA_CG2, but the aftermath of the awards was handled squarely by Perry and not HONDA_CG2) it's a start. I still don't have an opinion there as there hasn't been enough Administrator activity to show whether it was a move forward or a step backward.

You are correct, I was added as part of an April Fools joke. After the joke, it was discussed, at length, who would be trimmed from the mod team. As a new addition, I was on that list, albeit briefly, and my removal was not actually discussed. I was deemed, by the administration at the time, to be enough of a fit for the position. The current administration, to my knowledge, has yet to feel differently on the subject.

However, I have always felt that Spaz was a poor choice as moderator. Is he active? Yes, he is. Is he involved with automobiles? Yes, he is. However, there really should be more to that if you're going to moderate the automotive section.

It may have been a while since you wore green (or was it the done away with blue? I can't remember), but last I checked there are no forum specific moderators anymore. I'm active in the sections of the board that tend to need the most moderation; Automotive, Off Topic, and Community. Apparently we need to add the Feedback and Support forum too. The point is that I'm a global mod, and I do my job globally.

It reflects poorly when the Automotive moderator can't tell that a Ferrari going 200 MPH is going to be invisible to a taxi cab going 20 until nearly the moment of impact, something that requires a lick of common sense to grasp and a lick of mathematics ability to prove. It reflects poorly when the Automotive moderator assumes that a guy in a Range Rover running over a motorcycle placed in the way of his vehicle in order to box him in to facilitate an attack on his person and his family deserves to be 'raped in civil court by those he injured and their familes' for actions that any human being with the ability to place themselves in that situation would find right, or at least the ability to look further into the evidence presented than just the one second of action out of an event that lasted over five minutes.

There are two sides to every story. I'm sorry I look at the side of the sympathized objectively on occasion. Yes, in the first case, I didn't run the numbers, which to my understanding clearly makes me deserving of crucifixion. I fucked that one up and I get that. The second case is simply missing too much information on what led up to it to know. I stated how it looks to me in that thread, which is where it will stay.

It reflects poorly when the Automotive moderator puts off-the-shelf generic brake fluid into his tuned race car, takes it to a race track, races it and destroys it.

I was not racing. I am setting that straight right now. Beyond that, yes, I made bad judgement calls on both fluid and time spent on the track. Don't think I don't know that, don't think I haven't learned from that. Also, don't think that standard DOT 4 hasn't been used, with success, in similar Evos on that track. I had no reason to believe, that while taking it easy, I had anything to worry about. I was cautioned not to run the car hard, and I was not running the car hard. For reference, I was passed by both an NA Tiburon on stock suspension and a G35 of unknown modification.

Absolutely I am being harsh. Absolutely I am being blunt and to the point. Absolutely I am serious.

You left no question on that, believe me.

It's high time we had someone else in that seat who was brought there by the people and not by an April Fools' joke.

Again, the changes made permanent were discussed at length after the fact by the administration.

Spaz, I don't have anything against you as a member, just as I don't have anything against Apex Carver as a member or Tessou as a member.

You've really got me fooled at this point. You may not have anything against me, but it is plainly clear at this juncture that you also have zero respect for me. As a result I have zero interest in entertaining anything you have to say both to the contrary of that, and even in neutrality, on the subject of myself. The only words of yours that I see carrying weight anymore are the negative ones.

However, I find that you do not deserve the badge you currently wear. That is my view. I am making it public, more public than the mere comments I have made in the past which apparently have been shrugged off as jokes. Regardless of the outcome, I realize this will paint me in a negative light and that is fine by me. If it's for IDW, I'll do it. I've proven that much in the past and welcome whatever comes of this as well.

That's fine. You're very much welcome to your opinion just as I am blatantly unwelcome to mine while I wear this badge.

I open this poll so that the community at large can voice their own opinion. If they would rather speak silently and anonymously, that is their choice and the poll is open. If they would like to speak in defense of Spaz's position, or to complement mine, the thread is wide open for comments. Let the democracy begin.

I will not vote, and I will not look at the results. I will not close the poll, close the thread, or warn anyone for anything they have to say in here. As I've noted in the past, I refuse to be involved in disciplinary or corrective action, or any voting on subjects that directly involve me.
Rudy
Posted on Oct 3 2013, 03:30 PM

Unregistered

Nomake Wan
  Posted on Oct 3 2013, 04:38 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 3 hours, 35 minutes ago)
I really didn't want to reply to this thread. I didn't want to give it that recognition, because (as has been said elsewhere) the staff is currently managed and appointed by the Site Administrator(s), not polls made in the Feedback Section, and your thinking that this poll has any merit whatsoever is comical.

I didn't want to reply, but when I see a comment as disgusting and offensive as this, I feel obligated to reply. Nothing really needs to be said, though.

You should be ashamed of yourself, but I know you aren't. I know you're probably laughing at this, which is even more revolting and even more reason for you to be ashamed.

Enjoy your warn.

I'm currently on lunch break at work--required in California if you work over 5 hours--which I have been at since 1:30 and will be at until at least 9:30 being, as someone else said, a productive member of society. However, just like with the work-related conference yesterday this means I am unable to write a proper reply. The mobile site has no multi-quote function. If it becomes necessary I will do so once I return home.

I am not laughing whatsoever at this thread or any of its comments. Voicing my honest opinion in front of the whole forum uncensored and receiving the whole forum's opinion in return is a large part of why this exists. Seeing so many people disagreeing is humbling but not unexpected, and I haven't lost respect for anyone who has posted anything or voted the way they have.

I will enjoy the warn, just as I will be satisfied with whatever outcome this thread has, as I do it for IDW. That's all I have to say to your official word. I likely won't need to reply to anyone else--though I did find one other post suggesting I be insta-banned intriguing--but if a reply or further explanation of my stance or actions is requested I shall do so once I return home from work.

Otherwise, I bid this thread adieu so that it may run its natural course.

s12drifter
Posted on Oct 3 2013, 04:53 PM

The Lulz Boat

Member No.: 23,696

actions do speak louder then words.
MetalMan777
Posted on Oct 3 2013, 05:26 PM

Snooping as usual

Member No.: 32,588

This forum is run by kids, and pretty much always has been for as long as I've been here. Considering its main focus is a cartoon, I find that fits a lot better than if it were lawforums.net or carsforadults.net.

I could name the ones that have been the most childish, but I think it's pretty obvious. I won't hold that against anybody, I don't really care that much.

I miss Floh.
Archbishop Banana
Posted on Oct 3 2013, 06:25 PM

IDW Regular Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 41,506

Since when did a mod's car have to do with the forum itself? It's a moderators job to, uhm, moderate?
Spaz
Posted on Oct 4 2013, 04:24 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (MetalMan777 @ Yesterday, 8:26 PM)
I miss Floh.

I do too.
Rudy
Posted on Oct 4 2013, 07:14 AM

Unregistered

kyonpalm
Posted on Oct 4 2013, 08:26 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday, 8:38 PM)
I will enjoy the warn, just as I will be satisfied with whatever outcome this thread has, as I do it for IDW.

Personally attacking another member is not "for [the good of] IDW". It's unacceptable and pathetic. That you think this, coupled with the fact that you think leaving this thread won't make your actions even worse, shows the extent of your delusion and overinflated ego.

You have nothing to be proud of nor satisfied by. Get real.
Nomake Wan
  Posted on Oct 4 2013, 10:31 AM

ShiMACHaze

Sigh. Since AJ requested it--and since Kyonpalm suggested in his latest post that 'leaving this thread [will] make [my] actions even worse'--here we go again. Today's my one day off this week and I'm awake, so I guess I'll give the reply to all relevant posts. If I didn't hit you back and you would prefer attention, just let me know.

QUOTE (Grappler @ Yesterday, 1:22 PM)
That you havent been imediately banned is nothing but an immense amount of self control for calling out a member of a forum in a public thread as it is nothing but childish.

If I had been instantly banned from a 0% warning level, that would have shown that the current administration is in fact faulty. It would have been disappointing, but I would merely have bid my silent farewell to the forums and switched over to hanging out with the other community I'm active with full-time. Receiving a warning for my first post here seems like a fair response, though it's apparently been suggested on IDW's Facebook--which I'll get to later, since Tessou made a comment there and deserves a response--that there will be further consequences. I await that decision with anticipation as it will define the current moderating team.

QUOTE (Spaz @ Yesterday, 4:09 PM)
I was not racing. I am setting that straight right now. Beyond that, yes, I made bad judgement calls on both fluid and time spent on the track. Don't think I don't know that, don't think I haven't learned from that. Also, don't think that standard DOT 4 hasn't been used, with success, in similar Evos on that track. I had no reason to believe, that while taking it easy, I had anything to worry about. I was cautioned not to run the car hard, and I was not running the car hard. For reference, I was passed by both an NA Tiburon on stock suspension and a G35 of unknown modification.

I doubt I will get a response here since you mentioned later in the same post that you would no longer respond, but I will say it anyway. If you were not racing, what were you doing on a race track that caused your brake system to overheat to the point of boiling off your brake fluid? If you were not racing, what were you doing on a race track that left you with sufficient momentum to obliterate your vehicle on impact?

QUOTE (s12drifter @ Yesterday, 5:53 PM)
actions do speak louder then words.

'Than', and I'm not quite sure what you're getting at. What do you suggest I do? My initial theory was to keep my word and stay away from this thread, and if that's so I apologize for breaking it--though I did say that if I were asked, I would return. Here I am, having been called out.

QUOTE (MetalMan777 @ Yesterday, 6:26 PM)
I miss Floh.

As do I. It's ironic--I hated the guy's guts and was totally behind the decision to ban him. Only once he was gone did I realize that he kept most of the nonsense in automotive in check without ever having worn a badge.

QUOTE (Archbishop Banana @ Yesterday, 7:25 PM)
Since when did a mod's car have to do with the forum itself? It's a moderators job to, uhm, moderate?

'Reflects badly' is a judgement call, really, showing character... I was pointing out that there was nonsense going on, and perhaps it's time to pass the torch. Apparently the forum disagrees, and that's completely fine. If IDW wants Spaz here, then IDW shall get what it wants. If IDW wants me gone, then IDW shall get what it wants. That's all there is to it.

QUOTE (Dorifuta @ 2 hours, 43 minutes ago)
So that's it, Nomake, you're going to just address Kyon's post and blow everyone else off?

Wow, way to stand behind your word, asshole.

Wow, way to completely fail reading comprehension. Or perhaps you're too blinded by frustration to have bothered to read the first part of my previous post, the one where I said I was at work and that the mobile site has no multi-quote? The part where, like your post here, it clearly says I was using a mobile device because I was on my iPhone 4 in the breakroom at work? What word was I to keep, pray tell? If you point out what promise I've broken, I will gladly correct it. Until then, I'm left scratching my head.

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 1 hour, 31 minutes ago)
Personally attacking another member is not "for [the good of] IDW". It's unacceptable and pathetic. That you think this, coupled with the fact that you think leaving this thread won't make your actions even worse, shows the extent of your delusion and overinflated ego.

You have nothing to be proud of nor satisfied by. Get real.

I'm quite real and have not stopped being real. If you believe that this thread is merely for the attack of Spaz and was not a call to have him replaced as moderator, then feel free to close it. That's well within the power of you or any other member of IDW's staff. Besides, it's clear from the posts and the poll that the majority who were willing to cast a vote believe Spaz should remain a moderator. As such, the democratic part of this topic has served its purpose. IDW has spoken.
kyonpalm
Posted on Oct 4 2013, 10:52 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 21 minutes, 12 seconds ago)
I'm quite real and have not stopped being real. If you believe that this thread is merely for the attack of Spaz and was not a call to have him replaced as moderator, then feel free to close it. That's well within the power of you or any other member of IDW's staff. Besides, it's clear from the posts and the poll that the majority who were willing to cast a vote believe Spaz should remain a moderator. As such, the democratic part of this topic has served its purpose. IDW has spoken.

Way to completely ignore answering for your inexcusably offensive criticisms of Spaz's accident (which had nothing to do with your point). You're doing a great job of ignoring it so far, keep it up.
Nomake Wan
  Posted on Oct 4 2013, 11:01 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 8 minutes, 15 seconds ago)
Way to completely ignore answering for your inexcusably offensive criticisms of Spaz's accident (which had nothing to do with your point). You're doing a great job of ignoring it so far, keep it up.

Wow. There was really confusion? All right, I'll go into detail.

I posted on Facebook just now that I believe that each of the new moderators--yourself included--were brought on board with a specific focus in mind. While the new moderation system--new insofar as that it did not exist when I was a moderator--does not allow for specific forum moderators and has essentially given all moderators global power, it was my understanding that each new moderator had a particular area of expertise. It was also my understanding that Spaz was brought in mostly to deal with sideways--the old automotive moderator--being relatively inactive especially after moving to Aussie-land. That was my understanding. Tessou can answer on Facebook whether my understanding was incorrect or not. I am not nor will ever be staff, so I am merely running on an assmption.

So, running with that assumption, it was a major automotive fuck-up. If it were a normal member that would be one thing. Shit happens. But consistently bungling subjects that are clearly automotive in nature shows an inability to manage that topic. A lack of specialization. A deficiency in sense or expertise. That was my point. However, that point only makes a lick of sense if my assumption about moderator specialization and the reason for bringing Spaz on board were correct. If they were not, then the entire thing goes straight out the windshield.
kyonpalm
Posted on Oct 4 2013, 11:33 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 31 minutes, 53 seconds ago)
Wow. There was really confusion? All right, I'll go into detail.

I posted on Facebook just now that I believe that each of the new moderators--yourself included--were brought on board with a specific focus in mind. While the new moderation system--new insofar as that it did not exist when I was a moderator--does not allow for specific forum moderators and has essentially given all moderators global power, it was my understanding that each new moderator had a particular area of expertise. It was also my understanding that Spaz was brought in mostly to deal with sideways--the old automotive moderator--being relatively inactive especially after moving to Aussie-land. That was my understanding. Tessou can answer on Facebook whether my understanding was incorrect or not. I am not nor will ever be staff, so I am merely running on an assmption.

So, running with that assumption, it was a major automotive fuck-up. If it were a normal member that would be one thing. Shit happens. But consistently bungling subjects that are clearly automotive in nature shows an inability to manage that topic. A lack of specialization. A deficiency in sense or expertise. That was my point. However, that point only makes a lick of sense if my assumption about moderator specialization and the reason for bringing Spaz on board were correct. If they were not, then the entire thing goes straight out the windshield.

I will reiterate: way to completely ignore answering for your inexcusably offensive criticisms of Spaz's accident. Your excuses are not justifications.

You have yet to acknowledge the inappropriate nature of your comments. You can either own up to it and apologize, or not feel any regret, not be sorry, and choose to ruin your reputation with many people who thought they liked and respected you.
Nomake Wan
  Posted on Oct 4 2013, 12:00 PM

ShiMACHaze

Yet again I'm apparently left the only one confused here. I thought you were asking to explain what it had to do with my call to remove him as moderator, but apparently all that was desired was an apology for the comment itself. Well, the comment's already been made, the 'damage' to my reputation has already been done and there's not a chance in hell anyone's opinion is going to change regardless of what I say at this juncture. I could get down on my knees and beg forgiveness and it won't change a thing. I can tell you that I stand by what I said firmly and accept whatever comes of it and it won't change a thing. You have all made clear your opinions, your individual stances.

So I refuse. I refuse to backpedal like some whipped politician who only cares about popularity votes. What's said is said. It cannot be unsaid. Even if I were to edit it out, the discussion has been had and the thoughts have been thought. Even if this thread were to be deleted, it cannot be wiped from the memories of those who have read it, considered it and posted in it.

I can apologize to those who found it offensive. If you found it offensive, I apologize.

I can apologize to those who found it inappropriate or who thought I should have taken it to PM, though I personally am not sure who I would have PM'd or what I would have said to spur the change I was looking to create. If you don't think this should have been in the public eye, I apologize.

However, I am by no means deluded enough to think that an apology will magically sugar-coat the universe and restore it to before this thread existed. I was prepared for that when I wrote the post. Were I not, it would not have been written.
kyonpalm
Posted on Oct 4 2013, 12:05 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 2 minutes, 4 seconds ago)
I refuse to backpedal like some whipped politician who only cares about popularity votes.

It wouldn't be backpedaling unless you weren't really sorry.

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 2 minutes, 4 seconds ago)
I can apologize to those who found it offensive. If you found it offensive, I apologize.

Would you be sorry that they happened to find it offensive and that's their problem or would you be sorry because you actually may have hurt someone and feel bad for it?

This post has been edited by kyonpalm on Oct 4 2013, 12:06 PM
Shirogane
Posted on Oct 4 2013, 12:07 PM

SCREEEEEEECHING INTENSIFIES

Member No.: 17,722

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 33 minutes, 49 seconds ago)
You can either own up to it and apologize, or not feel any regret, not be sorry, and choose to ruin your reputation with many people who thought they liked and respected you.

Uhm, what? facepalm.gif That's... That's just stupid. It's the internet. Respect has no value.
kyonpalm
Posted on Oct 4 2013, 12:14 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Shirogane @ 6 minutes, 41 seconds ago)
Uhm, what?  facepalm.gif That's... That's just stupid. It's the internet. Respect has no value.

Are we not talking to real people? Do we not form long-distance relationships with other humans? If you think that respect has no value with people you know on the Internet, then you must think it's okay to say anything to someone on the phone, or through a letter (whoever still sends them).

To me, that's just stupid, and more than a bit socially irresponsible.

This post has been edited by kyonpalm on Oct 4 2013, 12:14 PM

3 Pages  1 2 3