Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Pleasures of Speed

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 5,277  ·  Replies: 8 
> How to customize your avatar?
Spartan_Ace
  Posted: Sep 8 2016, 01:57 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,575

What effects your avatar chakra?? I heard its online battles/in store battles? and tag matches? I remember gaining chakra bar after playing the PC. Can I keep replaying those in game tag battles/online battles against the computer and get keep gaining chakra? or is it a one and done type deal?
holnivek
Posted: Sep 10 2016, 10:13 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 46,366

I assume you're asking about D8. If the machine is offline, then you can only customize your avatar when your chakra gauge is full. The chakra gauge fills up at the end of every match (AI matches count too). The first time you play with someone with a license, the gauge fills up quite a bit (almost 80%, you should see the screen will say you've got a new rival/partner). You can exploit this if you know someone who has multiple D8 license, just battle/tag partner with the person on different licenses. Once the chakra gauge is full, you get to choose an avatar part by random. There are certain stories/missions that award quite a bit of chakra too (60% I think).

If it's online, you can change your avatar by using D coins. Just go to the factory and find the option there.
SonicSP
Posted: Sep 10 2016, 11:02 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

Just fill up your Character Gauge basically and they'll let you play the roulette which determines which part you get.
Spartan_Ace
  Posted: Oct 6 2016, 10:20 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 46,575

Thanks yall.
Imouto
Posted: Dec 19 2016, 05:25 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 45,990

Hi Sonic!

Thanks for helping the community out all the time. I happen to be Japan right now (from the bay area) and I wanted to get a background for my avatar. How do you go about doing that ? Also how to you get D coins ? And how do I use those D coins to alter my avatar? I played like 4 online matches today when I happen to pass by a machine but had to go. sad.gif

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
SonicSP
Posted: Dec 19 2016, 01:31 PM

Nagao Fanboy

user posted image

First insert credits and start the game as normal. Choose Factory which will bring you to the Factory menu.

Alternatively, just press View Select when the game is in advertising mode and then choose the leftmost option. Insert your card when prompted.

I assume you are familiar with this part.

To buy D-Coins
user posted image

At the Factory menu (above picture), go to third option from the left.

user posted image

You get to choose between 12, 40 and 75 Dcoins to purchase. Choose which one you want and insert the required credits. After purchase, you will be taken back to the main Factory menu again (second image). You may keep doing doing this until you have enough Dcoins. Prices may vary based on arcades.

How to purchase avatars
From the Factory menu, choose the second option from the left.

user posted image

At this screen, choose the leftmost option to buy an Avatar roulette spin. They'll let you spin a roulette and where it stops is the parts you get.

Keep in mind that some items here like are not given during normal gameplay roulette Accessories like sunglasses and necklaces can only be acquired through this roulette.

The middle option allows you to buy a background roulette spin which allows you to give a background to your character's avatar picture. I would recommend buying at least one if you are tired of your default plain background.

The right option is for titles. Some players care a lot about them but I do not so I usually ignore them. It's those words that are above your name, sometimes in a flashy placecard. Personally I would recommend saving your money for the first two especially as your time there in Japan is limited.

=======
These steps are the for EXP version. I assume the JPN version is almost the same if not exactly identical save for having less English text than some of the screenshots here.

Imouto
Posted: Dec 19 2016, 02:29 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 45,990

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 57 minutes, 36 seconds ago)
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e135/jay...ik.png~original

First insert credits and start the game as normal. Choose Factory which will bring you to the Factory menu.

Alternatively, just press View Select when the game is in advertising mode and then choose the leftmost option. Insert your card when prompted.

I assume you are familiar with this part.

To buy D-Coins
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e135/jay...t.jpeg~original

At the Factory menu (above picture), go to third option from the left.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e135/jay...fp.png~original

You get to choose between 12, 40 and 75 Dcoins to purchase. Choose which one you want and insert the required credits. After purchase, you will be taken back to the main Factory menu again (second image). You may keep doing doing this until you have enough Dcoins. Prices may vary based on arcades.

How to purchase avatars
From the Factory menu, choose the second option from the left.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e135/jay...d.jpeg~original

At this screen, choose the leftmost option to buy an Avatar roulette spin. They'll let you spin a roulette and where it stops is the parts you get.

Keep in mind that some items here like are not given during normal gameplay roulette Accessories like sunglasses and necklaces can only be acquired through this roulette.

The middle option allows you to buy a background roulette spin which allows you to give a background to your character's avatar picture. I would recommend buying at least one if you are tired of your default plain background.

The right option is for titles. Some players care a lot about them but I do not so I usually ignore them. It's those words that are above your name, sometimes in a flashy placecard. Personally I would recommend saving your money for the first two especially as your time there in Japan is limited.

=======
These steps are the for EXP version. I assume the JPN version is almost the same if not exactly identical save for having less English text than some of the screenshots here.

Thank you so much ! smile.gif

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
holnivek
Posted: Dec 19 2016, 09:19 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 46,366

So the 3rd option is how you get those fancy titles with colorful plates? I kept thinking they were just title effects that you can unlock.
SonicSP
Posted: Dec 20 2016, 01:30 AM

Nagao Fanboy

I wouldn't know since I never tried it, but it's there for something title related I guess. Titles are really really not my thing and I always set mine to be empty on all of my cards (and I have around 35 of them)

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Dec 20 2016, 01:33 AM