Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS2) Powerful T. - 7 Laps To Go

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 6,065  ·  Replies: 18 
> INITIALD BATTLE STAGE REMAKE: EDITS from the Anime
stealthninja123
  Posted: May 5 2016, 05:18 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,033

Hey everyone! I've decided to create a new topic on the touge battles throughout the series. I always wanted to see what the initial (heh) battles would've looked like in 1080p.

Additionally, I also wanted to see what the CG scenes between each battle would've looked like after cutting out all the talking segments. (Because let's be real here, no one talks to themselves that much when they're on the Touge drifting against their opponents.) And let's face it, when we want to watch a race, we want to see the cars in action. Not their facial expressions. HAHAHA.

SO! All anime segments that had gear shifting, foot braking and face-shot monologue-ing have been edited out. And to those complaining that the CG scenes are extremely choppy, that is because Shigeno didn't smooth out the CG shots inbetween the gear shifting, foot braking and face-shot monologue-ing segments. (Trust me, I made sure each CG segment was 00.00.01 seconds after each talking segment. Yeah.)

And yes, I'm well aware of Initial D's OVA, 'BATTLE STAGE' but there has been no 1080p re-release of it (as far as I'm aware anyways) AND I was incredibly curious to see the comparison between the original anime battle in contrast with BATTLE STAGE's cut of it.

NOTE: I have not bothered to smooth out the audio because that would've compromised the driving sfx inbetween scenes. So you MAY catch a bit of Japanese dialogue along the way (YES, THERE ARE SUBTITLES IN ENGLISH ATTACHED ON YOUTUBE), and the eurobeat tracks will jump around a bit.

HOPE YOU ENJOY IT! (Link(s) are below)

FIRST STAGE TOUGE BATTLES (COMPLETE): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5bP...5PsTaqAobcQM4CW

SECOND STAGE TOUGE BATTLES (INCOMPLETE): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5bP...x-Z3yI5W1_3nNWL

FIFTH / FINAL STAGE TOUGE BATTLES (COMPLETE): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5bP...A0ZOgczh8NGrR2_

I've never uploaded a video on YouTube before so I'm curious if this will get taken down. I'll leave the comments section open, but I've done this more as a personal favor to myself. If you enjoyed what I was trying to accomplish then that's great! If not, then just stick to the Battle Stage OVA's smile.gif

DOWNLOAD: https://mega.nz/#F!9wlkSShK!Frwo2RX-8SlQNCBwRQOJZw

This post has been edited by stealthninja123 on Jan 29 2018, 07:58 PM
keg11
Posted: May 5 2016, 06:22 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 38,131

Just had a quick look. I like the idea. One suggestion would make is have a third-party eurobeat track over the top to maybe mask the cuts in music. Also, it would stand out quite well (though I'm not sure where it would stand in regards to copyright)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
stealthninja123
  Posted: May 6 2016, 02:36 AM

IDW Member

Hey thanks! Unfortunately I have no idea how to mask full Eurobeat tracks on top of the existing audio. Any ideas on how to do this? I hope my next couple of vids don't get taken down! sad.gif

UPDATE: So there have been a few 'Copyright Content' disclaimers on 2 of the videos I've uploaded (However, these copyright disclaimers still allow me to keep the videos on there. So! I should be fine uploading the rest without risk of YouTube taking them down!) biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by stealthninja123 on May 6 2016, 09:57 PM
keg11
Posted: May 9 2016, 04:46 PM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (stealthninja123 @ May 6 2016, 09:06 PM)
Hey thanks! Unfortunately I have no idea how to mask full Eurobeat tracks on top of the existing audio. Any ideas on how to do this? I hope my next couple of vids don't get taken down! sad.gif

As far as I know, you can't. To get it close, just adjust the volume of the full e-beat track so that the SFX of the show can be heard. This is what I meant about standing out - you might just hear snippets of the original soundtrack, but if you don't think about it (the original soundtrack), it should be fine (I've experimented with this sort of thing before).
stealthninja123
  Posted: May 9 2016, 04:51 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (keg11 @ 4 minutes, 32 seconds ago)
As far as I know, you can't. To get it close, just adjust the volume of the full e-beat track so that the SFX of the show can be heard. This is what I meant about standing out - you might just hear snippets of the original soundtrack, but if you don't think about it (the original soundtrack), it should be fine (I've experimented with this sort of thing before).

Ahhhh i see, interesting! Is there a particular editing program or software that you'd recommend I use to attempt this? I'm willing to try haha biggrin.gif I'm assuming I need to add additional audio file(s) to the video itself to achieve this?
Tessou
Posted: May 9 2016, 06:54 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (stealthninja123 @ May 5 2016, 09:18 PM)
And to those complaining that the CG scenes are extremely choppy, that is because Shigeno didn't smooth out the CG shots

Shigeno isn't an animator... rolleyes.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
stealthninja123
  Posted: May 9 2016, 06:55 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (Tessou @ 1 minute, 38 seconds ago)
Shigeno isn't an animator... rolleyes.gif

My bad! What I meant to say was, whoever directed each episode didn't attempted to smooth out each CG sequence tongue.gif
Tessou
Posted: May 9 2016, 08:27 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

It was the early 2000's. Lots of anime had that problem and it wasn't perceived as an issue back then because of budgets and the obvious strength in using cg models for racing scenes to cut the budget even more (no need to pay guys to draw the cars in every frame when a computer can do it more efficiently). It looks damn good for a series that would warrant a low budget after the pitch meeting that it probably got.

The frame rate is also tied to the rate of the surrounding material. Typical anime is "shot" at a horrendous frame rate to keep costs down. Think single digit fps on an average show. Something with a huge budget will feel a hell of a lot smoother because they're capable of drawing more cels for each second of film. Insane amounts of anime are drawn specifically for low budget + high sales schemes. Look at Great Teacher Onizuka as an example. Massively popular but almost zero yen put into the production.
stealthninja123
  Posted: May 9 2016, 08:45 PM

IDW Member

Yeah! I was expecting a flowing CG sequence between the turns, hairpins and straightaways in being a consistent and invigorating race. Instead, it just seems a little disjointed when I pieced it all together. Oh well. It was worth a try! (And I'm definitely not going to stop now that I've come into the Second Stage. I've got First, Second, Fifth and Final Stages in the 1080p Blu-Ray rips so we'll see how the future stages turn out. (Yes, I have read the screenshot caps of the Third and Fourth Stage differences between the DVD and Pit2 releases, and the disappointment in its upscale, and I might just give up on my hunt and investment in Pit2. HOWEVER. I'm not going to give up. Yet. heh.)

Anyways, have you guys had a look at it? Should I attempt to smooth over the eurobeat tracks so it's a little more 'watchable' than where its at in its current state?

This post has been edited by stealthninja123 on May 9 2016, 08:46 PM
keg11
Posted: May 9 2016, 10:50 PM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (stealthninja123 @ 5 hours, 59 minutes ago)
Ahhhh i see, interesting! Is there a particular editing program or software that you'd recommend I use to attempt this? I'm willing to try haha biggrin.gif I'm assuming I need to add additional audio file(s) to the video itself to achieve this?

I use CyberLink PowerDirector, though any commercial video editing software should be fine (including, if you dare, Windows Movie Maker. I've also used that in the past)
stealthninja123
  Posted: May 14 2016, 09:38 PM

IDW Member

AAAAAAAAAAAND First Stage is at a close! There are 7 battles in total from First Stage (Season 1) and its contents have been neatly compiled into a playlist for your enjoyment. Hopefully you guys can enjoy it! (Link is attached to my first post.)

Additionally, there are a few videos that show CG content but were not Touge battle oriented. (So they have not been attached to my compilation playlist.) They only go for about a minute long, but hey! Any drifting is good drifting smile.gif

EDIT: Hey guys! Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal sorry I haven't uploaded anything in the last couple months. I got really sick and tired of compiling the AE86 (TRUENO) vs AE86 (LEVIN) battle and (sort of) gave up midway. But! I'll return to it eventually. Just need to feel the need to so I can complete it ahaha.

That being said, I've uploaded all the touge battles from Initial D's Fifth Stage (again, in 1080p) & the final battle from Final Stage.

PS: At a later date, I will be finishing the AE86 battle from Second Stage.

This post has been edited by stealthninja123 on Feb 15 2017, 08:19 PM
stealthninja123
  Posted: Feb 14 2017, 09:55 AM

IDW Member

Gonna start working on the last battle of Fifth Stage. Should have it done hopefully by the end of the week!
Nomake Wan
Posted: Feb 14 2017, 07:01 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

Any chance you could upload these to Mega so that people can watch them on their own time without worrying about YouTube's copyright bullshit? cool.gif
stealthninja123
  Posted: Feb 15 2017, 10:51 AM

IDW Member

Uploading to a Mega Directory now! smile.gif

MEGA: https://mega.nz/#F!9wlkSShK!Frwo2RX-8SlQNCBwRQOJZw

Just finished with the FD3S vs NA1 battle, officially done with Fifth Stage woo!

This post has been edited by stealthninja123 on Feb 15 2017, 08:41 PM
stealthninja123
  Posted: Jan 29 2018, 04:04 AM

IDW Member

Hey everyone! So after the occasional scalp of the internet every couple of weeks, hunting for Initial D'S Fourth Stage in 1080p, I've decided I'm going to make a start on editing Fourth Stage with a Higher Quality (720p) DVD encode. I've torrented from different Initial D Fourth Stage sources and they all look visibly the same. I honestly wished someone had purchased the Blu-Ray rips online, but alas, I don't want to wait any longer.

Will keep you all updated in future posts! (And don't worry, I haven't forgotten about Second Stage's last battle of the season, that'll go up eventually too.)
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jan 29 2018, 06:55 AM

ShiMACHaze

That's...gonna be not great. I own the DVDs for Fourth Stage--both the Japanese R2s and the FUNimation R1s--and the problem is that this is old Avex, where they shipped the series 4:3 letterboxed and without contrast adjustments. This meant episodes 1-2 were just as dark and hard to watch as the TV broadcast, not to mention that your actual useful resolution is only 640x360.

And you want to upscale 640x360 to 1280x720?

Miss me with that, I'm afraid.
stealthninja123
  Posted: Jan 29 2018, 07:55 PM

IDW Member

Hey Nomake!

Mmmm, well the files I've got from a particular torrent site gave all of Fourth Stage's native resolution at 1280 x 720p. So I won't be upscaling anything on my end, I'm just using what I've got. I can hold off on starting (since I haven't started yet HAHAHA) but yeah! smile.gif

Maaaaaaaaaaaan it's so frustrating, why does Initial D have to be such a pain to work with haha
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jan 29 2018, 10:49 PM

ShiMACHaze

If you're very lucky, they'll be sourced from TS rips of back when Initial D was rebroadcast on TV in HD. It's not a bluray, but it's a hell of a lot better than the DVDs are.
xiao
Posted: Jan 30 2018, 12:06 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (stealthninja123 @ 4 hours, 7 minutes ago)
Maaaaaaaaaaaan it's so frustrating, why does Initial D have to be such a pain to work with haha

You have two alternatives:

・ France - http://amazon.fr/dp/B07557TPD4 - user posted image

・ Japan - http://amazon.jp/dp/B00G93OE2W - user posted image
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums