Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Manuel - Sun In The Rain

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Post your requests in the pinned threads. If your request does not belong to any existent pinned threads, please start a new topic.
• Please use Post Icons when starting new topics, to state the purpose of your topic and to have a better visual classification.

NEW RELEASES: Super Eurobeat 221 (23 January 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Selection (08 February 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Non-Stop Selection (08 March 2013), Initial D Fifth Stage Sound File (08 March 2013), Super Eurobeat 222 (20 March 2013)

Special Link(s): EUROBEAT.go2id (SEB Album Collection Site) (New Site), Revive Music Section (Donation Tracker)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,323  ·  Replies: 3 
> Trance Legend Paul Van Dyk Injured at ASOT750
Alastair
  Posted: Feb 28 2016, 05:22 PM

SNTS

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 27,312

First of all if this thread needs to be moved to somewhere more appropriate that's cool 2nd of all...Guess nobody is talking about the big news with legend Paul Van Dyk, or PVD as I know him as. Having spoken with my fellow trance colleagues both DJ's and producers we all wish him a speedy recovery, just an update on his condition, he did indeed fall 20 feet off the stage, suffered a minor concussion but all in all he will be okay. smile.gif

German trance leader Paul Van Dyk has reportedly been lifted to a hospital after suffering a fall during his performance at A State of Trance in Utrecht. Apparently while in the middle of his set, the sound cut off abruptly as the DJ fell from the stage.

Attendees took to Twitter to report that the DJ had fallen from the stage (though more details on how or why have yet to be shared) and was airlifted by a helicopter to a nearby hospital. Van Dyk reportedly sustained a head injury.

The incident was later confirmed when Armin Van Buuren announced on stage and confirmed that Van Dyk had been transported to the hospital, and out of respect, the ASOT head closed the main stage and cancelled his originally planned vinyl set.

Mixmag aritcle in regards to PDV
Lebon14
Posted: Feb 29 2016, 05:46 AM

🎧

Member No.: 18,005

Damn... Just damn.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Benevolence
Posted: Feb 29 2016, 06:16 AM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 30,913

oh man i hope Van Dyk is going to be alright...
Alastair
  Posted: Mar 1 2016, 09:13 AM

SNTS

Member No.: 27,312

QUOTE (Benevolence @ Yesterday, 6:16 AM)
oh man i hope Van Dyk is going to be alright...

figured I'd post an update. judging from the news of both friends and his management Paul is doing fine, he's responsive and is currently under observation. Both his wife and mother are currently in Utrecht Netherlands by his side.

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQWgdvQGUSs )