Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS1) Daniel - Full Metal Cars

Important Rules
Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 347  ·  Replies: 3 
> Electronic Music Classifications
umustwait101
  Posted: May 9 2018, 09:34 PM

Osaka-kun

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 45,912

So, I was lying in bed tonight, trying unsuccessfully to sleep. I decided to ask my Google Home Mini to play me some music. Bad mistake. The songs that it picks are trash, in general. And, it doesn't use my purchased music. However, after an hour or two of asking it to play different types of "relaxing" music, I asked it to play nightcore, and was relatively pleased by the music. But, then I realized that it sounds very similar to eurobeat (aka Initial D music).

Can some one please define / distinguish between the different types of electronic music? For example, dubstep, nightcore, eurobeat, techno, trance, etc.

In addition, could anyone provide examples of each? Perhaps, like the best of each?

If this topic has been posted before, please delete.
Meteor
Posted: May 10 2018, 08:00 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

Nightcore is literally just people taking other people's music and "remixing" it by increasing the playback speed. It originated as something more original (a music group that made ultra fast, pitched up music), but then devolved into that once people with much less talent were exposed to the concept.
Dubstep is electronic music with a heavy focus on throwing a million of those wubwub wobbly sounds at you.
Eurobeat is characterized by melodies played with a particular kind of brass synth that other genres typically don't go for. I would say it's also characterized by being really fast and hammering away at notes and chords like crazy, but there are more than a few eurobeat songs this doesn't apply to.
As for techno and trance, as far as my knowledge goes, the former focuses on having a more machine-like sound to it, while the latter focuses on having a more airy sort of sound.
Nerubian
Posted: May 10 2018, 08:36 AM

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Member No.: 36,931

Dubstep sounds like drunk robots having sex.
Posted: May 10 2018, 07:35 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

i prefer Eurobeat and Eurodance.