Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Max Coveri - Golden Age

Important Rules
user posted image

• Post everything about Initial D Extreme Stage in this section.
Do not create new threads that have already been covered by pinned threads. This may result in a verbal warning.
Do not post fake times in the time attack thread. If we find out about it, it will result in an actual warning.
• Bring about your discussions on personal opinions (cars, courses, etc.) in a civil manner. Flaming and/or baiting will not be tolerated and may result in a verbal warning. Subsequent offenses will result in an actual warning.

ATTENTION: Initial D Extreme Stage works globally online, but only on the Japanese version.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,508  ·  Replies: 5 
> I know this has been asked before., But my questions is slightly different, wheels?
Malkurvs
  Posted: Feb 21 2009, 09:54 AM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,938

I recently got a PS3 for 223 bucks on the net, it came in today.

I bought MGS4, GTP5, and pre ordered Killzone 2.

I later found out, there is an Initial D game for the thing, and its region free and online.

Then came the dilemma, I played GTP5 recently....And I realized without my old wheel, DFP, it felt....Wrong.

So went online to find one on Ebay for real cheap, only to run across something called a 'G25' with a working clutch and 6 speed gear box.

So I checked reviews, found the clutch works on GTP5, but also found mixed beliefs on the 6 speed. Some say its flimsy, others say if your hitting it that hard to break it, your an idiot.

I agree with the ladder, i'm gentle with a real car, little along a toy.

But here is my question. i'm a driving game enthusiast, I get most of the good ones when they come out, but when it comes to wheels, i've ALWAYS made the wrong choice.

The DFP I can get for like 50 bucks, the G25 is more like 219 bucks.

Is the G25 good for an all around wheel, or is it only good on things like simulators?

Cause I play more racing games then hardcore simulators, I like those stupid 'TUNE YOUR CAR 1500 WAYS YO!" games and arcade racers like Ridge Racer, as well as games like Initial D.

So my question lies, for a simulation and arcade wheel all around, DFP or G25?

Edit:

Almost forgot, I'm not paying for it, its a REALLY late Christmas Present, so price isn't an issue.

Also, how is the G25 on Playstation 2 games? That's a big thing for me, I have a LOT of PS2 racers.

This post has been edited by Malkurvs on Feb 21 2009, 09:57 AM
imprezagc8
Posted: Feb 23 2009, 06:27 PM

da true Hawaii GC8

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 14,482

not to sure. i don't have a wheel. pinch2.gif i just use my controler. if i were you i would just get the cheaper one. i know that you said that price doesn't matter, but i just think it would be pointless if you got the g25 then somebody breaks your shifter. crying2.gif

just thought i'd give you my input since it seems that nobody plays extreme stage anymore
icedagger
Posted: Feb 23 2009, 07:32 PM

Slowpoke...

Member No.: 18,773

The G25 is ok if you like driving games in general. Its features aren't fully compatible with ID:ES though, so if you're getting it solely for ID:ES it might not be a good idea.
Malkurvs
  Posted: Feb 24 2009, 10:38 PM

IDW Full Member

So Extreme Stage isn't all that active anymore?

Well, that's quite depressing to be honest.
imprezagc8
Posted: Feb 26 2009, 04:01 AM

da true Hawaii GC8

Member No.: 14,482

yeah it isn't as active compared to when it first came out.

if you want to go online just make sure that it is night time
Malkurvs
  Posted: Feb 26 2009, 03:24 PM

IDW Full Member

No problem there, I work the graveyard shift.