Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - This Is My Destiny

Views: 2,917  ·  Replies: 6 
> [FANFIC] Promises to a Distant Sky, *UPDATED! Sep2807* Fic about the boys behind the wheel
tiQlado
  Posted: Aug 2 2007, 06:28 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,504

Hi folks!

I'm back with another story. It's been brewing in my head for a long time, and it's still in the works. Updates in between will likely take some time, so I do hope the readers will stick around for the long haul.

Anyways, here's my second fic offering. Comments are much welcomed. grin2.gif

Promises to a Distant Sky

This post has been edited by tiQlado on Sep 28 2007, 09:46 AM
DrIfTeRX305
Posted: Aug 4 2007, 09:56 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 4,713

I don't think the prologue really attracts the reader - even with the use of pronouns to shadow whatever was happening, nothing was given enough to cause enough interest, save the paper. I'm not saying the story sounds bad, just that you didn't reveal anything, it could've been applied to any type of story, not an ID fanfic. I hope you can expand on it.
tiQlado
  Posted: Aug 7 2007, 07:50 AM

IDW Expert Member

Thanks for the honest comment, DrIfTeRX305! I really had no intentions of revealing too much at the get-go. But now, at least I know how badly I started the fic. laugh.gif The prologue was only added after I made the first chapter, like an afterthrought, to have some sort of introduction, or something. Sorry, it's been a long while since I wrote a long fic.

Chapter 1's already up, so it should give you an idea of what the story's about. Thanks again for reading and for the comment! pinch2.gif

DrIfTeRX305
Posted: Aug 7 2007, 03:52 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 4,713

What a difference chapter 1 makes - now I'm interested. It's very well written(I even learned a new word, Glowered) and has a good flow going for it. I think if you would have set the prologue writing a paragraph after the end of ch.1, it would make a lot more sense.
tiQlado
  Posted: Aug 8 2007, 05:03 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (DrIfTeRX305 @ Yesterday at 3:52 PM)
I think if you would have set the prologue writing a paragraph after the end of ch.1, it would make a lot more sense.

Really? I can't envision it now, don't have the chapters in front of me. But they were sequenced in terms of timeline, meaning the prologue didn't occur in the same time as Chapter 1 did. Meaning some time has passed before chapter 1 began. I didn't have any clear thought of how long time has passed between the chapters, but I'm thinking I'm keeping it a little vague for now so that I have some flexibility in succeeding chapters.

I guess I should have posted both chapters in one go, I suppose. tongue.gif But what's done is done.

Again, thanks for the show of interest, mon ami!
tiQlado
  Posted: Sep 28 2007, 09:55 AM

IDW Expert Member

Just letting you folks know that a new chapter is up. Sorry to the folks that've been waiting... pinch2.gif
Sanae
Posted: Sep 29 2007, 05:15 AM

IDW Okamisan

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 19,388

This is getting very interesting and I'd like to advise anyone who hasn't done so already to read this story a.s.a.p. you won't regret it! happy.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project