Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Pamsy - So Fragile

6 Pages  « 3 4 5 6  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 142,093  ·  Replies: 137 
> Initial D Fanfiction (Updated June 15th 2015), Links to all fanfics within! Renovated April 18th 2012
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Apr 19 2012, 12:36 PM

Patient Zero

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 37,947

Yup, stars usually denote some kind of rating so I think it would be better if we didn't do that... My mistake about bringing that idea up. pinch2.gif

Although I really do want to know how long something is before I read it. Whenever I pick up something to read, I'm compelled to finish it as fast as possible, or risk totally forgetting about where I left off next time I pick it up to read. With Dreaming of Akina, I read the first 10 chapters in a few hours then I saw that there 81 chapters. I wanted to finish it all as fast as possible so I just kept reading. I didn't go to sleep that night. laugh2.gif

I believe that it would really benefit others if they knew how long the story is, you know what I mean?
Rudy
Posted: Apr 19 2012, 01:59 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
Wanderer
Posted: Apr 19 2012, 02:40 PM

The Watcher

Member No.: 35,816

I'm game, PM me whenever. smile.gif
Meteor
  Posted: Apr 19 2012, 02:53 PM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

Meteor's renewed presence has been a huge spike in my muse, I'll have you know.

I'm surprised my presence can get someone wanting to write stuff again, but thanks smile.gif

And I'm also willing to proofread for you. And my inbox still has a little room left before I have to start deleting stuff so PM me whenever.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Apr 19 2012, 07:42 PM

Patient Zero

QUOTE (Meteor @ 4 hours, 48 minutes ago)
I'm surprised my presence can get someone wanting to write stuff again, but thanks smile.gif

And I'm also willing to proofread for you. And my inbox still has a little room left before I have to start deleting stuff so PM me whenever.

Is that really all that we have to do? PM people with the chapters? Man! Why didn't anyone tell me this before? I have to proof read all the chapters myself before I post them up! This would make things so much easier! Now who want's to beta read for me? Better yet, who wants to be a character in my story?!**

**Prerequisite: Read my story then PM me with a character proposition, from there we can plan it out!
Meteor
  Posted: Apr 20 2012, 06:10 AM

Since you've sent a chapter my way before, I thought you already knew about this. Anyway, I can proofread your story too.

Also, I decided to try out putting the chapter counts under the fic titles, so now you'll have advance warning before you start up Sanae's Programmed Lives and all its sequels. I wish there was an easier method for counting some of those pinch2.gif I feel I might have messed up somewhere too (going to have to recheck thx's ones later on). I also saw that two complete fics were mistakenly tagged as incomplete. That's been fixed now. Feel free to make any further suggestions.

By the way. If you're reading this Drifter: could you tell me how many "Chapter X-0x"s there are in On the Unbeaten Path alongside the main chapters (including "X-0x Part x"s)? It'll help me come up with a more accurate chapter count.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 11:42 PM

Patient Zero

I didn't want to bother you with my insanely long chapters anymore! Anyhow, I rather like proofreading the chapters I belt out myself. Unless you really want to proofread for me... But you already do that in my thread whenever I post up something. Also, thanks for putting down the number of chapters in each story. You're amazing Meteor! smile.gif
Rudy
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 10:27 AM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
Silverwolf
Posted: Sep 11 2012, 10:25 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,716

How do I post a story

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
HyperSonic
Posted: Sep 25 2012, 09:26 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 38,471

Was there anyone who took Outlaw-2's fanfic? If no one took it I wanted to try, but of course I will post it if it passes he's standards.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Sep 25 2012, 09:49 PM

Patient Zero

QUOTE (Silverwolf @ Sep 11 2012, 11:25 PM)
How do I post a story

If your story is posted on fanfiction.net then make a thread for it here with the correct tag (in this case [FANFIC] will do) and either Meteor or I will add it to the listing. Good luck writing! smile.gif

QUOTE (HyperSonic @ 21 minutes, 0 seconds ago)
Was there anyone who took Outlaw-2's fanfic? If no one took it I wanted to try, but of course I will post it if it passes he's standards.

Outlaw-2 isn't seen around too often anymore. I say the best way of finding this out is to shoot him a PM and see what he says.
HyperSonic
Posted: Sep 25 2012, 10:25 PM

IDW Regular Member

I'll send him a message then. Is there any one who can help me start my own fanfic? Just help on the beginning I really don't know how to start one.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Sep 25 2012, 10:32 PM

Patient Zero

Oh how can I resist the urge to help a fellow author in need? Since I'm online at the moment, you can hop onto our IRC channel (located conveniently at the top of the radio banner) and chat with me there. If I'm not online then you can always leave a message in my PM box and I'll get back to you within the day since I'm a dork and I usually have nothing else to do. I'm here at your service! happy.gif
Meteor
  Posted: Sep 26 2012, 09:02 AM

Silverwolf happened to PM me his questions some days ago. I answered them, but ended up with a question of my own in the process.
His fic happens to be a WM fanfic (which has already been posted over at WME). He asked if he could post it in IDW and I answered that straight-up WM fanfics (as opposed to WM fics that cross over with Initial D) can go in Artworks and Graphics but might not be allowed in General.

I just want to be sure of that last part. Is it really not okay to post a WM fic in General Discussion? Since (off the top of my head) there are already two fics in this very list that don't have much relation to Initial D besides auto-racing involving corners; and there's a whole series in General Discussion (but not on the list - with the exception of its Initial D-crossover spin-off story) that isn't an Initial D fic per se, but stays here because a mod moved it over from the Merchandise section.

@HyperSonic: Nope, no one took outlaw-2's Initial D fic. And he ignored it in favour of his other racing stories, so I don't think he's going to continue it himself either. So yeah, PM him like CG2 suggested smile.gif

As for your other question: I'll let CG2 help you for now. I might step in as well later if I think I'm up to it.
kyonpalm
Posted: Sep 26 2012, 01:37 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Meteor @ 4 hours, 33 minutes ago)
Is it really not okay to post a WM fic in General Discussion?

There is no official rule present in the guidelines that mentions this, but the idea when posting is be to as relevant to the topic, and subsequently to the forum/subforum, as possible. Since a Wangan Midnight fanfiction has nothing to do with Initial D, I would simply post it on Wangan Midnight Expressway. However, if you really want to post it here for the membership to see, then I would suggest posting it in an appropriate forum. Since this is the Initial D General section, and if there is no connection to Initial D in the fanfiction, obviously the most appropriate section would be Artworks & Graphics, as written pieces fall under its category. You might think it would be Anime & Manga, but for the reason I just mentioned, it's actually Artworks & Graphics. If fanfiction were a really prevalent thing here on IDW, we might make a "Fanfiction" subforum in Anime & Manga, but as it stands right now, this is not the case.

Additionally, if there is a fanfiction that is not about Initial D, but has elements of the series in it (characters, storyline parody, crossover, etc.) then it is perfectly acceptable to be posted here.

I hope that's helpful.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
HyperSonic
Posted: Sep 26 2012, 04:10 PM

IDW Regular Member

@meteor, Thank you very much. CG2 has been very helpful, I'm waiting for any suggestion the two of you might give. I have read some of your fics and I really wanted to write my first one, if ever I'll get the hang of it, I'll try to do make something without any help.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Nov 10 2012, 04:10 PM

Patient Zero

I'm looking through the list of threads and the listed fanfics here, and I see a few that aren't added on the list yet and some that are outdated. Meteor, do you want to update them, or shall I leave it to you to handle it?
Meteor
  Posted: Nov 10 2012, 04:26 PM

A few of those fics were removed by author's request, but there could be some other fics I've simply missed to begin with. Point out those fics to me. I'll deal with them after I wake up.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Nov 10 2012, 04:30 PM

Patient Zero

I am also too disorganized to deal with this. Meteor, don't be so lazy! There are like 3 new stories up and an old one that isn't even listed. It shouldn't be too tough, you can do it! I believe in you! So I'll go back to studying. derp.gif

This post has been edited by THE_HONDA_CG2 on Nov 10 2012, 04:31 PM
HyperSonic
Posted: Nov 10 2012, 09:27 PM

IDW Regular Member

@CG2, I like that avatar of yours. Hahaha....

The new fics I think should be, I think, added to the list of the thread receives enough traffic, well that's just me.

When will you come out of your hiatus?
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Nov 10 2012, 10:14 PM

Patient Zero

Aw I'm glad you like Fakeisuke. I got it from my sister because she was screen capping random things from the first two episodes. I wanted a screen cap of Keisuke. But instead she gave me this. I thought it was hilarious so I ended up using it. laugh2.gif

If I ever decide to change my avatar to something different, here's what we are actually talking about:

user posted image

Anyway, I'm not planning of getting out of my hiatus any time soon. I just recently picked up a research position with one of my professors on top of my current job and classes. Quite frankly, along with these new interviews I'm throwing out every few days; I just don't have the time to really sit down and write a full coherent chapter. Don't worry, I won't ever forget about Katsuko and everyone else. I love them too much to let them go. Maybe in December when I'm on break I might push out one or two chapters, but writing takes time. We shall see, I have a lot of ideas in my head. If I'm lucky I can sit down during Thanksgiving and write then, only time will tell. Even though I'm not actively writing at the moment, please take the time to post up a review of my story in the thread! It really helps my muse! happy.gif
Meteor
  Posted: Nov 11 2012, 11:16 AM

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2)
There are like 3 new stories up and an old one that isn't even listed.

Huh? blink.gif

The 3 newest fics posted in General Discussion are "The Muscle Drifter", "Battleground - Clash of the Speedmasters" and "A New Legend" (the one by Nicholas86); and all three of these are already in the list.
I apologise if I'm being stupid here but, seriously, which 3 new fics are you talking about? blink.gif

I could've missed some older ones though, but since I don't know their titles, I'll search for them later and see which ones aren't in the list. Also, I see I've missed Initial G, so expect that one on the list soon. If you know any other fics I've missed, please let me know their titles, okay?

P.S: Yeah. Nice avatar.

This post has been edited by Meteor on Nov 11 2012, 11:19 AM
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Nov 11 2012, 02:52 PM

Patient Zero

Ah, you've already added all the stories I was thinking about. Haha, you do work fast. Sorry if it sounded like I was getting on your case. I meant absolutely no offense in my previous posts, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding Meteor.

shadow55419
Posted: Nov 11 2012, 04:06 PM

Meteor's partner in crime!

Member No.: 39,000

@HondaCG2
i knew he added the Muscle Drifter, Hypersonic requested it be put up, i asked him to put up the completion status for it.

the other two i wasn't looking for so i didn't know either so don't feel bad tongue.gif
Meteor
  Posted: Nov 11 2012, 06:43 PM

No problem CG2 happy.gif

Don't hesitate to PM me though if you find an old fic that isn't on the list. If it isn't one that was removed by request, I'll put it up.

6 Pages  « 3 4 5 6