Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing GTS feat. mink - Everlasting Love

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

21 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 462,648  ·  Replies: 510 
> Initial D Final Stage Episode 1 & 2, Discussion and how to download it
Rinnosuke
Posted: May 18 2014, 02:15 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 41,368

I thought it was a PPV kind of thing, if that's true why worry about the broadcast?
himura
Posted: May 18 2014, 02:43 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 39,725

patience patience!!!!!!! =D
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 18 2014, 03:24 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (thebladeavenger @ 2 hours, 42 minutes ago)
I wanted to add myself to the people awaiting the release of any information. Im sure i speak for thousands of people not posting.

I looked for a bit for information.... There really isnt any. The hype slowed down, and everyone thought someone was DVRing it, and noone did. Bummer. If i come across it , on my search and you guys here arnt aware, i will be sure and post it.

Things take time. As ive waited for english subs for every episode of ever made of ID, sometimes its a month plus before subs appear. People have jobs, and lives. Its never happened like this before. People kind of just forgot about the release. Not even a raw exists. Usually we wait on the subs, not the raw.

If i could help obtain the raw, i would. ID and this forum chooses its fans from such a specific, loyal subscriber base, its a shame we cant obtain a raw. I am on my iphone and cant easily scroll up and see who said it, but one subscriber said that he should setup his captureing box and get us a raw. We may have to take you up on that if this continues. smile.gif

Best of luck to all of the (unpaid) staff of the forum, and the ideals you incorporate into the lives of many fans who dont subscribe.

The person who posted that was biggamehit, who lives in Japan right now. That being said, I don't believe he has any experience with capping PPV sources so I wouldn't hold my breath on him providing anything. I'm pretty sure he's gonna run into the stream encryption, throw his hands up and apologize for getting our hopes up.

Which is totally okay since I expected that already. Capping PPV is a job for the experienced, and the experienced don't always feel like sharing what they paid money for.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
mike962
Posted: May 18 2014, 05:02 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 29,885

wouldn't be easier to record such PPV with some old fashioned VHS and then convert the VHS signal to digital ?

yeah quality may be lower but that whole encription shit goes out the window
Perry
  Posted: May 18 2014, 05:26 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (mike962 @ 23 minutes, 54 seconds ago)
wouldn't be easier to record such PPV with some old fashioned VHS  and then convert the VHS signal to digital ?

In theory, you can literally use a very nice camera to record your screen, provided the lighting is good and your TV is very high def. There is always a way when there is a will. I think the problem here is there is no one willing to go through the troubles.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
revenant24
Posted: May 18 2014, 06:35 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 38,586

I'm also excited to the Raws of the Final Stage! smile.gif smile.gif I hope the wait is gonna be too long.
And also the graphics in the Final Stage is improved a little bit than the Fifth Stage, I hope that someday that they will make a remake of the 1st up to 3rd Stage of Initial D to improve its graphics. happy.gif Just hoping! smile.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 18 2014, 08:00 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (mike962 @ 2 hours, 58 minutes ago)
wouldn't be easier to record such PPV with some old fashioned VHS and then convert the VHS signal to digital ?

You're assuming that the analog hole hasn't been closed for PPV. I'm not saying it has or has not--I don't live in Japan--but I know that that was a big deal back when HDCP first started being a thing so I'd imagine that such an obvious loophole would have been countered by now.

That is unless you have specialized equipment to strip HDCP or otherwise bypass the encryption...but that again falls back to my description of an 'experienced' capper who would have access to such technology and knowledge. Your average DVR user doesn't. smile.gif
Rinnosuke
Posted: May 18 2014, 08:26 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 41,368

QUOTE (revenant24 @ 1 hour, 51 minutes ago)
I'm also excited to the Raws of the Final Stage! smile.gif smile.gif I hope the wait is gonna be too long.
And also the graphics in the Final Stage is improved a little bit than the Fifth Stage, I hope that someday that they will make a remake of the 1st up to 3rd Stage of Initial D to improve its graphics. happy.gif Just hoping! smile.gif

You mean the movies?
biggamehit
Posted: May 18 2014, 10:51 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 8,278

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 7 hours, 27 minutes ago)
The person who posted that was biggamehit, who lives in Japan right now. That being said, I don't believe he has any experience with capping PPV sources so I wouldn't hold my breath on him providing anything. I'm pretty sure he's gonna run into the stream encryption, throw his hands up and apologize for getting our hopes up.

Which is totally okay since I expected that already. Capping PPV is a job for the experienced, and the experienced don't always feel like sharing what they paid money for.

Don't assume what I know you fucking jerk.

Now ban me and I'll return to building my d1 car in Japan!!
Tomo
Posted: May 18 2014, 11:14 PM

Retired old man

Member No.: 9,983

QUOTE (biggamehit @ 23 minutes, 19 seconds ago)

deeee-1 deeeeeee-1!!!!!!!!

such tension on here. Makes me feel civil reading some of it.
Perry
  Posted: May 18 2014, 11:44 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

• Screenshots and Direct Download links for both the Opening and Ending in 480p standard quality now available. user posted image

Opening post updated with link to the screenshots and download links of the OP and ED1. Check it out!

Latest Update: No available raws found anywhere on the Internet. It is truly strange how not even a LQ video source or even cam footage is available. All we have is some screencaps from some random Japanese blogger and that's it. At this point, we should prepare for the worst... that we might have to wait all the way until June 13th for the DVD Vol.1 to release.

Just keep checking the thread, but there are no signs that anyone would cap it for us. sad.gif
RIT_ninja
Posted: May 19 2014, 12:03 AM

ざけんなよ!

Member No.: 13,218

I'm not sure what a PPV service box looks like in Japan. But isn't it possible to record if it has HDMI output or Analog output. If you connect to a recording device, then to a TV, it should work. About the encryption, I have no idea but I doubt your average Japanese TV "decrypts" anything. Take this assumption for a grain of salt because I never owned a Japanese TV or had PPV service from Japan
revenant24
Posted: May 19 2014, 02:17 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (revenant24 @ 1 hour, 51 minutes ago)
I'm also excited to the Raws of the Final Stage! I hope the wait is gonna be too long. And also the graphics in the Final Stage is improved a little bit than the Fifth Stage, I hope that someday that they will make a remake of the 1st up to 3rd Stage of Initial D to improve its graphics Just hoping!

QUOTE (Rinnosuke @ 5 hours, 46 minutes ago)
You mean the movies?

No, I was pertaining to improve its video/graphics quality to adapt in the modern technology nowadays. I was hoping that someday they will gonna do a remake from 1st Stage up to 4th Stage to improve its video quality, like the video quality of the Fifth Stage happy.gif smile.gif smile.gif

freedom1104
Posted: May 19 2014, 02:26 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 43,590

QUOTE (revenant24 @ 9 minutes, 19 seconds ago)

No, I was pertaining to improve its video/graphics quality to adapt in the modern technology nowadays. I was hoping that someday they will gonna do a remake from 1st Stage up to 4th Stage to improve its video quality, like the video quality of the Fifth Stage happy.gif smile.gif smile.gif

it wont be long i suppose. judging from the ending in final stage. i suppose there will be a hd remake in the future or a brand new battle stage.

hope they remake initial d like how bandai remake gundam series.
revenant24
Posted: May 19 2014, 04:07 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (freedom1104 @ 1 hour, 40 minutes ago)
it wont be long i suppose. judging from the ending in final stage. i suppose there will be a hd remake in the future or a brand new battle stage.

hope they remake initial d like how bandai remake gundam series.

Yeah! I Think that they will gonna do a HD remake in the future after the Final Stage, because other Initial D Die Hard Fans will demand it too. smile.gif smile.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 19 2014, 04:34 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (biggamehit @ 5 hours, 35 minutes ago)

Wow, holy shit, what's your problem bro? Obviously if you knew the tech and had a solution we'd already have raws. That we do not have raws proves my point. But please, by all means, prove me wrong. I'm sure there are thousands upon thousands of people here who would love for my hypothesis to be incorrect. smile.gif

QUOTE (RIT_ninja @ 4 hours, 23 minutes ago)
I'm not sure what a PPV service box looks like in Japan. But isn't it possible to record if it has HDMI output or Analog output. If you connect to a recording device, then to a TV, it should work. About the encryption, I have no idea but I doubt your average Japanese TV "decrypts" anything. Take this assumption for a grain of salt because I never owned a Japanese TV or had PPV service from Japan

Please see my previous post about the 'analog hole', and look up HDCP the technology. If PPV boxes use only HDCP, then yes, there are ways around it with specific devices (look up how to record from PS3s, for instance). However, if Japanese PPV actually is using some proprietary encryption/signal obfuscation method specific to the Japanese market then that'll be something else entirely.

Again, I do not live in Japan. I am talking from the technologist perspective, not the first-person perspective. I'm more than happy to be proven wrong, but the longer we go without a raw the more solid my theory becomes. Doesn't matter too much to me, to be honest. C-A already said they've got the DVDs on tap and will have 'em subbed once they're released, so it's time to kick back and enjoy the festivities.
freedom1104
Posted: May 19 2014, 04:35 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 43,590

anyone notice that there will be 2 ed for final stage? meaning that ep3 and 4 doesnt come with gamble rumble.

I bet the second ending song is RAGE YOUR DREAM rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
Shinra Sgt Zero
Posted: May 19 2014, 04:57 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 43,453

It just is kinda funny how there is not one damn RAW file on the internet at all just saying but i think this kinda snuck up on alot of places like they actually forgot about it cause the other anime forums didnt even know it was coming out cause i asked my friends and moderators on those sites ive been working to try and find it guys so if i can will post it smile.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 19 2014, 05:40 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Shinra Sgt Zero @ 42 minutes, 35 seconds ago)
It just is kinda funny how there is not one damn RAW file on the internet at all just saying but i think this kinda snuck up on alot of places like they actually forgot about it cause the other anime forums didnt even know it was coming out cause i asked my friends and moderators on those sites ive been working to try and find it guys so if i can will post it smile.gif

It's PPV. Fifth Stage was the same way, Wangan Midnight was the same way. It's not strange at all. There's an ongoing discussion in the other Final Stage pinned thread about why that is.

You may as well wait for the DVDs instead. That way you won't be disappointed if the PPV raws don't materialize, and you'll be excited properly if they do (plus you won't be holding your breath!). smile.gif
Heibi
Posted: May 19 2014, 05:43 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 40,111

QUOTE (pimenta59 @ Yesterday, 12:05 AM)
Who will sub this final stage? CA, or IDW top dudes?

Well, until I get a raw or my DVD for 1 and 2 arrives(I'll make my own raw then) we at CA can't do much. I'll have the DVD around 13 June. No promises on when I'll have it done. I hope I'll have them ready within days of receiving the DVD. Of course, it also depends on my translator's work schedule. I'll keep everyone posted.

And if a raw comes out before the 13th I'll have my translator jump on it as soon as he can.

This post has been edited by Heibi on May 19 2014, 05:45 AM
kyonpalm
Posted: May 19 2014, 07:27 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (biggamehit @ 8 hours, 30 minutes ago)

QUOTE (Tomo @ 8 hours, 6 minutes ago)
deeee-1 deeeeeee-1!!!!!!!!

such tension on here.  Makes me feel civil reading some of it.

Ah, I feel like I'm back in the good old days of IDW.
BOZZ
Posted: May 19 2014, 09:15 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

There is a raw out for episode 1 now!

Initial D - Final Stage, Episode 1 (Raw)

This post has been edited by BOZZ on May 19 2014, 09:17 AM
Ryan
Posted: May 19 2014, 09:21 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 43,330

QUOTE (BOZZ @ 5 minutes, 8 seconds ago)

how bout ep2?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Jezza_HR
Posted: May 19 2014, 09:21 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 8,289

Bozz, I could kiss you...but I won't, don't worry.
justxsongs
Posted: May 19 2014, 09:24 AM

FUCK

Member No.: 32,783

QUOTE (BOZZ @ 8 minutes, 6 seconds ago)

Thanks, Dl-ing now!

21 Pages  1 2 3 4 »