Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Christmas I

Important Reminder
• Maximum size limit for signature is 150KB. (153,600 bytes)
• All images must fit within the 600 (width) x 200 (height) dimension limit for your signature.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 11,369  ·  Replies: 0 
> 1/24 Eva Racing Porsche GT3R & Mclaren MP4-12C GT3, Any Evangelion fans here?
silverromeo
  Posted: Feb 24 2016, 02:57 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 41,998

Hi all,

It's been awhile, since I recently finished another anime related race car, I thought I'd share it here as well. While at it I will give a little review for both models.

Not sure how many Evangelion fans are here, but for this pair, they are real GT3 race cars in the Japanese Super GT series from the GT300 class.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 551. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

The sponsor is a very famous and classic Japanese animation the "Evangelion" series and they actually sponsored their own Evangelion Racing team since 2011. The livery is my favorite character mech machine - Asuka and the EVA unit 02. Below is the race queen and the actual GT3R race car:

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 414. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 525. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

The kit is straight out of the box from Fujimi. Fujimi's quality have improved over the past years, the basic fitment and finish for this Porsche GT3R is very good. The chassis underneath and the front vents still lack the details of Tamiya, but the body and exterior quality have increased comparing to the earlier road models from a couple of years ago. However, the decals are another story.. Although the livery and decals are relatively simple, some of the fitments are off and can take some skills to correct it. An example is the yellowish orange strip on top of the front splitter. The curves do not really match with the shape of the bumper and for me it takes a bit of cut and move for it to look like fitting the real car. Some of the body color decals also have extra films that require adjustments.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 516. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 532. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 555. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 480. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 519. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 550. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 594. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

The second car of this pair is the MP4-12C GT3. Unlike the GT3R, this livery actually did not seem to make it to the race series and remained as a show car livery. For the actual race the team used the purple unit 01 livery. For this kit, the quality is pretty much the same as the GT3R. Good fitment on most body parts, some decals position is off and requires adjustments on the side panels and front splitter.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 562. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 546. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 541. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 532. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 548. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

A pair of Unit 02:

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 491. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 475. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 478. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 568. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 524. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Enjoy!