Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Mega NRG Man - Back on the Rocks

Important Reminder
• Maximum size limit for signature is 150KB. (153,600 bytes)
• All images must fit within the 600 (width) x 200 (height) dimension limit for your signature.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 11,057  ·  Replies: 3 
> Reaching The Apex: Page 2 - Old Friends, Fan Fiction
RCKakashi14
  Posted: Jun 2 2014, 06:53 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 43,701

Good day!

I do write fan fictions as my way to pass time. And mostly, they are inspired by the Initial D series, Wangan Midnight, and some bits of other racing mangas. I've been doing this for 2 years, starting from my very first in GTPlanet.

Now, allow me to recreate that story for the audience of IDW. It will retain the same characters from the GTPlanet version, but there will be a major difference when it comes to cars and some key elements of the plot.

Here is the GTPLanet version - Reaching The Apex

And here are my other titles - List of My Fanfics

Since this is Initial D World forum, I will alter the plot for the audience of this forum. Expect some technical jargon like the stuff that Ryousuke says. There will be a mix of touge and circuit races, with majority being the former.

Enjoy reading!

Page 1 - Familiar

"Takanori! Takanori! Wake up! You're late for school!"

Wha.....??? Oh shoot! It's 6: 30! Damn... I had too much fun playing Gran Turismo 6 online last night. I also forgot to study for today's test... hehehehehe.

Oh hi, everyone. My name is Takanori Kanonji. So here I am, living in a cozy home in Aoyama, Tokyo, helping out my mother in our small mochi shop business. You may say that I live a life typical of a teenage boy. That's true. I go to school, then go home, help out mother, and play Gran Turismo. That's my normal routine for most of my life. I don't even know if I have plans to go to college.

I hurriedly dress up and then skipped on breakfast. I don't usually skip breakfast, though. I love my mother's breakfast... but I don't want to hear the truant bell. No one does.

Takanori: "I'm off! See ya later, mom!"

Tomoko: "Hey! Do not skip breakfast!"

I'm off... and of course I don't run all the way to school. I ride on a bicycle, like every student does. Besides, public transport can be a hassle especially on rush hour. And riding on a bike keeps me energetic. It's more fun, anyway.

I took on the corners like I do in a racing game, just hug the apex. It doesn't matter if I cause panic along the way. I'm that determined to go to school on time!

Oh, there's a spot to park my bike! All right!

I hopped off, and run towards the entrance. Whew... made it.

Suddenly, a girl bumped on me, causing her and her books to fall. I helped her up.
Whoa... she looks good. She has a short brown hair with a sharp nose.

Takanori: "I'm sorry. Here, let me help you."

Makoto: "Oh thank you."

Both of us pick up the books. The girl smiled at me.

Makoto: "Thank you very much. Would you want to be my friend? Well, I just transferred here a month ago, and I made quite a few friends here. What's your name?

Takanori: "Takanori Kanonji. Pleased to meet you."

Makoto: "Makoto Kurosawa, it's also a pleasure to meet you."

Makoto just left without any further words. She is in a hurry too. Maybe it's time for me to know her a bit more. Trouble is, she's not my classmate. And perhaps she has a boyfriend. Oh, unlucky me...

After entering a classroom, Makoto peeks at the small window on the door. Seeing Takanori pass by, she had a thought.

Makoto: "Kanonji.... that's a familiar name. I'll ask my father about this..."

A whole day of school has gone quite normally, with me almost flunking the test. As I am about to ride the bike, Makoto approaches me. Man... I'm blushing here.

Makoto: "Let us meet here tomorrow morning. Let's get to know more about each other, okay?"

Takanori: "No problem! Nice to meet you too!"

I left her with a salute. Then as I exited the gate, I see a white Rolls-Royce Phantom pass by and stopped at the gate. What??? Makoto gets in. She's a damn rich girl!!! Man... I gotta be careful when talking to her next time...

In the Rolls-Royce, Makoto crosses her legs as she looks at the window. She then turns to face her father sitting beside her, named Gan.

Makoto "Father, I made a new friend again. And his family name sounds familiar."

Gan: "Who is that person in question? I'm glad to hear that you are making friends immediately after the transfer."

Makoto: "Takanori Kanonji. You often mention Kanonji, his family name."

Gan: "Kanonji??? Hmmmmmm.... how about inviting him for dinner tomorrow? Quite intriguing..."

Time: 6 pm

Kanagawa Prefecture, a neighbor of Tokyo. While there are skyscrapers, the city is surrounded by the mountains, and is very close to the magnificent Mt. Fuji.

In one of the mountain passes, a white R32 GT-R blitzes the road, like a hurricane mowing down the fields.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 450. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 450. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

With the traction supplied by the ATTESA-ETS 4WD system, along with the powerful 2.6 liter twin turbo, it ascends the steep section effortlessly.

user posted image

And takes on corners without losing grip...

user posted image

Some locals are used to seeing that white R32 go up every sunset.

Local Racer: "There it is... not a single day would pass without that R32 tearing up the roads of Hakone."

End of Page 1

Thank you all for reading! I'll post the pages as often as I can, as I also post new material in GTPlanet as well.

This post has been edited by RCKakashi14 on Oct 24 2014, 07:11 AM
Rin
Posted: Jul 4 2014, 01:39 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 43,355

Ah...I see that you have made an account here too...I'll re-read your works since your stories are all over the place back in GTP. Though you might wanna consider moving this thread to General Discussion since that's where all the fanfics/original stories are posted too.

I'll leave a feedback to you through PM as soon as I am done reading... =)

This post has been edited by Rin on Jul 4 2014, 01:41 AM
RCKakashi14
  Posted: Oct 15 2014, 04:17 AM

Shmuck

Hello guys, you might be wondering why this fan fiction has gotten stagnant. In actuality, I am focusing my ongoing fanfiction series in GTPlanet, effectively leaving this behind.

But don't worry, I have gathered up all the cars that will appear in the future. There will be foreign cars such as the KTM X-Bow.

Other confirmed JDMs are: Lancer Evo X, Mazda FD3S RX-7 Spirit R.

Rest assured, this will go on. If I have found the time, then I'll post the next page.

I apologize for the sudden halt in progress.

This post has been edited by RCKakashi14 on Oct 15 2014, 04:23 AM
RCKakashi14
  Posted: Oct 24 2014, 07:11 AM

Shmuck

Page 2 - Old Friends

Another day at school... life can't get any more boring, I suppose.

But yesterday, it was bit out of the ordinary. I met a super rich girl! But I assume she's not going to take me seriously. I'm just on a different level when it comes to status. Perhaps she hangs out with friends of the same level. I'm a nobody to her....

Then it was lunch break. My friends were absent for various reasons, and I'm alone.

And then, there's Makoto once again. I have to avoid eye contact!

Shoot! Too late! She joins me at the table!

Makoto: "You aren't the loner type, are you?"

Takanori: "Some of my friends are sick, some just felt they don't wanna go."

Makoto: "I see, I see. Hey, why don't you come with me after school? My father actually invited you over for dinner."

What??? And why is her father taking interest on me?

Takanori: "Is it okay?"

Makoto: "Of course it's okay, dummy! He invited you!"

Takanori: "But you know... you're rich, and I'm just average."

Makoto: "Oh please, don't look at me that way. I'm fine with seeing a so-called "commoner". I'm down to earth.

Don't judge all affluent people, you know?"

Takanori: "Oh okay! I'm coming... Let me just tell my mother about this.

But... why your father suddenly invited me to dinner? I don't know him, nor does he know me."

Makoto: "I don't know, either. When he picked me up yesterday, he just told me to invite you over for dinner.

Anyways, see you at the front gate on dismissal time, okay? I'll be waiting!"

Oh alright... I'm already trying to imagine what her home is. A mansion on a large piece of land? With butlers serving her 24/7? Then the garage is filled with a thousand cars?

After school, I called my mother over the phone...

Takanori: "Okaasan, I'm having dinner tonight with a friend."

Tomoko: "Let me guess, is that a girl? Oh my son is growing up!"

Takanori: "It's not what you think! It just happened that my friend who invited me over for dinner is a girl. We just met yesterday, you know?"

Tomoko: "Oh well... anyway, you have to enjoy!"

Takanori: "I won't be there for too long. I'll be able to arrive home and close the shop."

After the conversation, Makoto arrives. Then we walk around the school's parking lot.

And then...

Makoto: "Let's ride."

user posted image

No way! She drives a Ferrari F40?!? But... should I be surprised?

Makoto: "Get in."

I got in her Ferrari. Man! The bucket seats are not good for your back... and do not expect it to be plush inside. It's all basic...

She turns the key to the ignition and starts up the car. That noise...

Makoto: "Let's have a little run in Hakone. It's just too early for dinner."

Whoa... she DOES NOT LOOK LIKE she is a racer. Just be careful...

An hour has past, and when we arrived at the touge, all hell broke loose!

user posted image

Takanori: "Hey! We're going too fast!"

Makoto: "Don't tell me you're a wimp inside the car. I thought you like cars, so this should be exhilarating for you!"

The F40 cleared that uphill stretch with no effort! If I remember it right, it has a twin turbo V8 under the hood, and the car is very light!

But... how does she know that I'm into cars?

Makoto: "Here comes the next turn! Hold on tight!"

She moves that gated gear lever with confidence. She lets out a giggle after the heel-and-toe! She hits the accelerator and turns the steering wheel abruptly! She's just insane!

user posted image

She can drift a very powerful and expensive supercar with no fear!

user posted image

Thankfully the bucket seat holds me, but still....

user posted image

Makoto: "People shouldn't generalize supercar owners, as having only the money, but without the skill. In truth, this is my father's car, and he even rarely allows me to drive it.

But he taught me how to run a car... properly. I have driven almost all of his exotics, you know?"

It's a downhill! And brake, Makoto! BRAKE!

Makoto: "Just relax. I know how to control a car without driving aids."

user posted image

I see some smoke coming out from the front wheels when she stepped on the brakes. No ABS, I suppose...

To be able to stop that car without error takes a lot of practice!

Suddenly, her phone rings and she briefly slows down for her to have a conversation.

Makoto: "Hello?"

Gan: "You took my F40 without permission again, haven't you? How many times have I told you?"

Makoto: "Relax, Oyaji... as a matter of fact, I'm practicing in Hakone, with my friend here. We'll be returning to Tokyo now."

Gan: "Better make it quick. I'm excited to meet Takanori Kanonji."

She ends the call and resumes her mad driving.

Makoto: "Guess it's time to go back to Tokyo and meet my father."

user posted image

We are able to make it back to Tokyo safe and sound. That run back there is scarier than a roller coaster ride. She's not just a rich girl...

And then... we arrived in her mansion. All my imaginations are right! She parks the car in a garage filled with Lamborghinis, Ferraris, BMWs, AMG Mercs, and even some Rolls-Royce sedans!

What's more, there are some racing cars inside!

I'm greeted with another extravagance as we enter the living room. It's like a lobby of a five-star hotel! Then one of the butlers assisted us to the dining area, even taking our bags to place them in a cabinet.

In the dining room, we sit before a long table. But not too long for the people to be distant from one another for a conversation. Then an old man in a tuxedo arrives, assuming that it's her father.

He looks at me, as if he's cross-examining me.

Gan: "You have the striking features from your father. You remind me of our heyday."

Of course, I stood up and bowed before him.

Takanori: "Hajimemashite. My name is Takanori Kanonji. Pleased to meet you, sir."

Gan: "You know, your father and I were best friends, and we had expeditions all throughout the mountain passes!"

So you raced with my father in your youth? No wonder you are so much interested in meeting me.

Gan: "So, how's your mother doing?"

Takanori: "She's doing fine. And our small mochi business is doing great, sir."

Gan: "Ah, tell her that I'll come over one of these days. I am the witness of your father and mother's love story, you know? Haha!

But it's with great sadness to hear your father's passing."

Takanori: "With all due respect, sir, I don't believe he passed away. I am currently searching for him. He just disappeared in the middle of the night 15 years ago. I cannot say he died just yet. I am very confident that he's very much alive and well, somewhere in the world."

I refuse to believe that Oyaji is gone... I know he's out there!

Gan: "Is that so? Well, who am I to question that? I respect other people's beliefs.

On to another topic, do you race in the touge?"

Takanori: "Sir, I took a shot at the mountains twice. But of course my mother worries too much."

Gan: "What car are you driving?"

Takanori: "A white FD2 Honda Civic Type R, sir."

Gan: "You know, a car of that caliber deserves to have a proper stretch! It's a Type R! It's not just an everyday commuter!

Tell you what, why don't you demonstrate your abilities? Are you free this weekend?"

Now he's asking me to race the Type R in the mountains?!? Mom is not going to like this...

End of Page 2