Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (WMMT3 OST) Just Flat Out

Important Reminder
• Maximum size limit for signature is 150KB. (153,600 bytes)
• All images must fit within the 600 (width) x 200 (height) dimension limit for your signature.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 6,245  ·  Replies: 0 
> Fear of Drawing...Badly, Record the development of your skill
Cecilia
  Posted: Sep 11 2013, 04:38 AM

Easy to please. Since day one.

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 31,385

DAY ONE

I have been inspired to develop a habit of drawing everyday for at least one hour. If I go over the limit, it's fine. smile.gif

This inspiration stems from conversations with Cyinide and Nerubian. I figured I can't preach all this stuff about courage and willingness to change without doing it myself.

So here I am, facing my fear. Starving that little monster in the back of my head that tells me I'll never live up to my own standards.

"All of you here have one hundred thousand bad drawings in you. The sooner you get rid of them, the better it will be for everyone."- Chuck Jones' first instructor at Chouinard Art Institute.

To give myself some direction, I borrowed a book from the library titled One Drawing a Day A 6-week course Exploring Creativity with Illustration and Mixed-Media. This drew my attention since it wasn't only about drawing, but using multiple mediums; therefore, keeping me engaged.

The first exercise is line drawing. I have chosen this exercise to be a continuous one in the form of a warm up for everyday before every new assignment.

user posted image

Bonus: Line drawing of Tessou
user posted image

This post has been edited by Cecilia on Sep 12 2013, 05:30 AM