Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Kasanova - Love Shining

Important Reminder
• Maximum size limit for signature is 150KB. (153,600 bytes)
• All images must fit within the 600 (width) x 200 (height) dimension limit for your signature.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 27,373  ·  Replies: 47 
> Tokyo Xtreme Racer Stage 3
fettman53
  Posted: Feb 2 2009, 06:23 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,717

Well, here we are. The final stage is about to begin. What will happen?

New relationships will end...new ones will begin. People may die...others may become the best. New characters will be introduced. Old ones will leave.

It's just the way it is on the Wangan.

The events in this story take place exactly a year after the events of Stage 2. I will do my best to make this the best stage of them all. Haruhi is now a legend. But will she keep her reputation for long? Old legends re-emerge...some of Kevin's old friends arrive...and old racers from the first and second stage return as well, better than ever. And what will happen at the end? Will Haruhi finally be the first person to defeat Kevin? Will their odd relationship last? Will they get married? Will one of them...die?

Well, we'll see. I've still yet to write it yet, although most of it is planned out. I'll post up the first act in a bit. Until then, enjoy these. I made them myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyR8HVqoL7M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjGYYRSCsrs...re=channel_page

Tell me what you think. Enjoy!
BOZZ Savage
Posted: Feb 2 2009, 09:45 PM

ペンタックス

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 15,047

I hate to be a grammar stickler but I believe it should read:

"Old relationships will end... new ones will begin..."

Ian
Meteor
Posted: Feb 4 2009, 05:56 PM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

The second vid was nice.

Now. When can we expect this story to begin?
fettman53
  Posted: Feb 12 2009, 01:20 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Sorry to have taken so long. This stage will be the most thought-out and well-written of them all. Therefore, it will take some time to complete each act.

In the first act, I tried to explain what Kevin's house was like. And also, Haruhi is now very legendary. She even has...HER OWN NICKNAME!!! And oddly enough, Kevin still doesn't...

--------------------

Tokyo Xtreme Racer

Stage 3

Act 1 – Moonlight

In the darkened sky of Tokyo, the stars seemed invisible. The lights of the city dwarfed the lights of the stars. Up on the highway, known as the Wangan due to its location in Tokyo, the traffic bustled along in peace. Sedans, trucks, motorcycles…so many different types of vehicles traversed the wide, lit highway. Doing about 100kmph, they seemed so peaceful. The highway seemed so peaceful.

In a red RX-8, a teenage boy and his two friends; one a guy, one a girl; drove down the highway at about 180kmph, near his car’s top speed. The girl in the car was a bit frightened by the extreme speeds her friend was going at, and urged him to slow down. “Hey! Cut it out! Really! This isn’t cool!” The other friend, the guy, rolled his eyes. “Aw, come on. Man up! This is awesome! I only wish I could do this!” The driver couldn’t help but hold back a smirk.

“Guys, anyone can run on the Wangan. It doesn’t matter who you are. Trust me, though…once you get out here, driving with the rest of the racers…you just don’t feel alone anymore.” The girl in the group looked at him from the back seat curiously. “Uh…alone? You don’t feel alone, do you?” The driver sighed. “Well…it’s just one of those things that you probably won’t understand…but…to feel like part of the crowd is just…”

Suddenly, they heard the roar of another rotary engine. One with exceptionally more power than that of the stock RX-8. The monster rotary emerged from the traffic behind them, going at an extraordinary speed. It passed them so quickly that the RX-8 lurched over a bit on its suspension, frightening everyone inside. The car that passed them was an RX-7. A dark silver RX-7. The driver of the RX-8 looked at it with a look of both fright and awe as his friends recovered.

“It’s…it’s really her. The Wangan’s silver angel…Silverfire…” His friend looked at him questioningly. “Eh? Silverfire?” The driver nodded and replied, “The fastest girl on the highways…”

In the dark silver FD, a girl with short brown hair cut just above her shoulders and deep brown eyes held the steering wheel firmly. She was set a bit stiff in her seat, but she drove calmly, albeit fast. Many different thoughts ran through her head. Tomorrow would be her friends’ first anniversary. Rusty and Ayaka had gotten married a year ago, and the next day would be the anniversary of their marriage. Haruhi was happy for them…but…

Even after practicing for so long after realizing she still needed to improve, she hadn’t made any real progress. Sure, she got the hang of planning her way through traffic and the corners at the same time, and she managed to shave a few seconds off of her best C1 lap time…but it still wasn’t nearly enough to defeat…him. The one person she admired more than anyone…Kevin.

In his red S30…and even out of it…he just had an air of invincibility about him. And if you saw him drive, you’d see why. It seemed as though he was invincible. Haruhi’s one real goal while behind the wheel of her car was to defeat him in a race. It was her goal to be the first person ever to defeat him. To show him that she was better. That she wasn’t inferior…

Of course, in reality, Kevin never thought of her in such a way. But still…everyone else seemed to. No one believed in her…no matter what she did. Even her best friend, Anri, didn’t believe that she had what it took to be the best. She wanted to prove them wrong. She wanted to defeat Kevin. To prove herself worthy in his eyes. To prove herself worthy…of being his…his…

She let up on the accelerator until her speed got down to the speed limit. Her exit was coming up. She didn’t want to stay out too late, or she might sleep in too late the next day and miss the anniversary party. As she drove to the outskirts of the city, to Kevin’s house, her car seemed to catch everyone’s eye. It appeared that she was much more popular than she thought…

She drove up and pressed the button on the garage signaler, opening up the garage, in which Kevin’s red S30 sat peacefully. She parked to the left of it just as the garage door automatically closed behind her. To the left of her car were the stairs, leading into the house. The dim light up at the door was kept on, obviously so that when she got home, she could see what she was doing and not fall down the stairs…again…

She sighed, sulking up the stairs. She insisted that it was bad luck, but ever since that day, Kevin made sure to keep the light on. At least he tried to act like he cared. As Haruhi opened up the door, she saw that the kitchen light to her right was on as well. The living room, to her left, was dark, however. So was the rest of the house. Straight ahead, past the living room and kitchen, was the mini-hallway of sorts, with the bedroom to the immediate left and the bathroom across the hall on the immediate right. A bit farther down the hallway was the closet.

Haruhi thought it was silly, actually. Kevin had the house built to his specifications, but it seemed like he was more interested in having a nice garage than a nice house, as the garage was quite impressive indeed. It had enough room to hold two cars and a motorcycle comfortably, even with all of the toolboxes and shelves. It even had a storage closet. He hardly even had much of a backyard…although it was nice to go back and see the stars. The house wasn’t too far away from the city, but it was far enough away that you didn’t have to strain to see the stars from the back “porch,” or walkway, really.

Haruhi locked the door behind her and switched off the kitchen light, bathing the house in darkness. It was then that she realized the sound of the chirping crickets and creaking furniture. Her pupils got bigger, attempting to find more light as her eyes adjusted to the sudden darkness. Gradually, the form of the house began to take shape again. She turned around and snuck into the room. Not that it did any good though. Kevin was still awake. She always seemed to forget for some reason. He had insomnia.

He laid in the bed, under the covers, silently watching her. She blushed. He did that a lot lately. “Erm…please…” She looked away from his gaze to the floor. Kevin actually spoke, his voice like a bonfire in the darkness, which seemed to comfort her. “You look…nice…in the dark. The moonlight makes you seem so calm…like a corpse…peaceful…”

Haruhi shivered at his choice of comparison. “A…corpse?” Kevin was silent, realizing now that he probably should have used a different example. “Haruhi? You aren’t afraid of the dark, are you?” Haruhi’s mind twitched at the question. That was something that was usually asked to a child. She felt stupid for even attempting to answer. “Eyuh…” Kevin blinked. “Yeah?” Haruhi shook her head and corrected herself. “No. Sorry.”

Kevin continued to stare at her. She’d been doing that a lot lately…saying something in Japanese and then correcting herself. She sure was amusing. And she looked so nice…lit by the moonlight. Of course, the one thing that really caught Kevin’s eye…were her eyes. The one thing Kevin loved about a person more than anything were their eyes. And Haruhi’s eyes…that deep brown color, along with her big pupils due to the dark…he felt he could drown in them, they were so deep.

Haruhi couldn’t stop blushing. He kept on staring at her. “So…are you going to watch as I undress as well?” Kevin was silent for a bit, then, without a word, turned over in bed to face the window, allowing her some privacy. She touched her left cheek lightly. She suddenly realized that her heart was beating rapidly, and her face felt a bit numb. She breathed out with a frustrated sigh, ashamed of herself for getting so worked up.

After getting dressed in her pajamas, she faced the bed, where Kevin was moved over to the left, near the window, giving her room to lie down. Her face became even more numb as she approached it, holding her breath for some reason. She always seemed to expect something to happen, but as she got into the bed, she began to calm down. She began to feel…safe. Secure.

It was silent. The house was silent. He didn’t talk. Haruhi supposed that he was waiting for her to come home just so he could sleep. But…she didn’t mind. It was nice to know that he stayed up all night until she got home. She took comfort in knowing that he’d be awake. She closed her eyes and breathed out deeply through her nose as her head became all cloudy and she drifted off to sleep.

--------------------------------

Alright, there's the opening act. The next act is to introduce two new, very important characters...as well as Rusty and Ayaka's first anniversary!

Meteor
Posted: Feb 12 2009, 07:56 PM

Worry not, for the chapter was entirely worth the wait.

It's not very often that a character's residence gets that detailed a description. I would've preferred even more details, but I liked the descriptions currently given. And your skill shows once more in that you used the descriptions of the house to aid in characterization.

I'm also impressed at the way you constantly keep Kevin and Haruhi's relationship convincing.

I think you already know by now what I'm going to end this post with, but I'll type it up anyway. MOAR PLZ!
fettman53
  Posted: Feb 13 2009, 10:22 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

But of course. Here's MOAR!!!

----------------------------------------

Act 2 - Anniversary

Haruhi and Kevin woke up around eight in the morning the next day, with the sun just lighting up the day. Haruhi made some coffee, although Kevin refused to drink any, saying that he’d rather run on real energy by eating healthy, and made himself breakfast. As Haruhi sat at the table with the coffee mug in her hand, with her hair all messy, she looked outside into the backyard through the glass doors.

It was a calm, cloudless morning in the fall. Haruhi almost felt like she was still asleep or something. Her eyes ached. Her whole body ached. She wasn’t a morning person at all. Kevin, on the other hand, was already in the garage, cleaning his car. Again. He already did the same thing yesterday morning. And the one before that. As a matter of fact, he cleaned it all the time.

When Haruhi finally managed to stand up, she went to take a morning shower and get dressed. As Haruhi stepped into the shower and turned the water on warm to wake herself up, Kevin hand-washed his red S30, still in the garage. No matter what happened, the S30 was always shining like it was brand new, despite the fact that it was pretty old by now. It performed like it was brand new as well. He kept it in the best shape. After a thorough cleaning, he was ready to go, dressed in a red polo t-shirt and blue jeans. His hair wasn’t combed or anything, but it wasn’t messy either, brushed on the part. He wiped off his glasses and put them on, bringing up his left wrist to look at his watch.

Haruhi was still getting ready, combing her hair and trying to force it into the style she usually had it in. She twisted the left side of her hair into the braided ponytail after combing the right side until it looked even. At the top of the braided ponytail, she tied a pink bow, and did the same for the bottom. Then she straightened her blue shirt, blushing as she saw how easily it showed the size of her bosom. She was thinking about having surgery to make them smaller. They weren’t really much of a problem, but they just didn’t match the way she liked to look.

She brushed off her blue jeans, which fit quite comfortably, and looked at her blue and white shoes, made by Reebok. She always liked Reebok for some reason. Funny that Kevin did too. She put on her light-purple-colored light jacket and walked downstairs with her car keys in her right hand. As she walked down the stairs, the garage door opened up, flooding light into the garage. As it did so, Haruhi heard Kevin’s S30 start up, with its mysterious, experimental engine that Kevin had built himself.

Haruhi looked at her car. Somehow…it just felt different. Completely different from his car. His car…even when it wasn’t moving…had a sort of aura about it. Something you couldn’t see, hear, touch, taste, or smell…but…the sort of thing that your very soul could feel. The sort of thing that suggested that maybe…maybe the car had a soul too, and was trying to communicate.

Haruhi got into her FD as Kevin’s S30 pulled out into the sunlight and onto the road. They were heading toward the city, to Rusty and Ayaka’s home. As Haruhi drove behind Kevin, she began to think. Driving during the day was different from driving at night. It was bright, the city didn’t look all that spectacular, traffic was very congested, and overall it just wasn’t the kind of environment that Haruhi would want to run on the highway in. Still, it was nice on a good day…to go for a drive.

They arrived at the apartment to see Ayaka’s Honda Civic Type R, Anri’s Toyota Altezza, and…a black Ford GT with dark silver stripes down the middle. Haruhi’s attention was immediately peaked by it. She had never seen it before. Was it a friend of Rusty’s? Ayaka’s? It definitely wasn’t stock, the GT. It had flip-up headlights, reminiscent of the Honda NSX’s flip-up headlamps. The hood was also aftermarket, looking like the hood of a GT Racer, with gill-like vents.

The car was very smooth. Although most of the body parts were aftermarket, it didn’t look like the owner went all out in making it look extraordinary. Haruhi liked it a lot. But…who did it belong to? Kevin parked next to it, on the left. Haruhi decided to park next to the EK9, also to its left. Kevin got out, locking the door, and looked at the GT. “You…you haven’t changed at all, have you?”

Haruhi looked at him questioningly. “What? Do you know the driver?” Kevin blinked and walked past her, toward the front door of the house. “I have a pretty good idea as to who it is.” He sighed. “I just hope he’s here for the scenery…and not to race me…” He stopped and turned to look at Haruhi. “You would learn a great deal from him, however. Come on. Let’s go inside already…”

Haruhi nodded and followed him inside. Immediately, Rusty greeted them, putting a hand on Kevin’s shoulder as he smiled. “Hey man! Thanks for coming! It really means a lot. To both of us.” Kevin blinked, and, in an effort to show some sort of emotion, nodded. “Yeah…” Haruhi looked at him worriedly. Lately he had been at a lack for words. She was afraid that he might be upset or something.

She walked up to Rusty and bowed, covering for Kevin. “Ah…congratulations, Rusty-san.” Rusty blinked with surprise. “Uh…did you just…say ‘san’ at the end of my name?” Haruhi opened her eyes in surprise and blinked. “Ehhh….” Just then, Ayaka came in the room and bowed to Kevin. “Oh, Kevin. I had a feeling you’d show up. Thank you for coming. You too, Haruhi.” She looked at Haruhi with a smile.

Haruhi completely forgot what just happened with Rusty and smiled back, nodding. “Hm!” All of a sudden, someone wrapped their arm around Haruhi’s neck and pulled her back. “Gwaaa!” Haruhi grabbed at the person’s arm, trying to pry herself loose, to no avail. She knew who it was as soon as she saw the wisps of blonde hair. A loud, overly-excited voice full of energy greeted her. “Haruhi! I knew you couldn’t stay away!”

She pulled Haruhi up close to her face, looking at her with her deep, green eyes. She winked and quietly added, “You just can’t let him out of your sight, can you?” She glanced over at Kevin, then let Haruhi go, pretending to be all love-struck. “Ohh, he’s so dreamy! Maybe I should date him too, eh?” Haruhi struggled to stand back up. “A-Anri, no!” Anri simply laughed heartily, joking around with her friend.

“So…has he popped the question yet?” Anri seemed very eager to know whether or not Kevin had proposed to Haruhi. She asked her every time they saw each other. Haruhi slumped her shoulders as she got a drink of punch from the punch bowl and sighed. “He hasn’t even popped his tires yet…it’s always the same with him. He hardly even opens up to me…we never even really talk. And…I think something’s bothering him…”

Anri looked at him and finished her sentence. “But he won’t tell you what it is?” Haruhi took a sip of punch from her plastic cup, letting the flavorful drink linger in her mouth for a bit before finally swallowing. “Mm…” Anri looked at Haruhi questioningly. “ ‘Mm?’ What is ‘Mm?’ Seriously, stop mumbling.” Haruhi sighed. She did it again… “I mean…yeah…he hasn’t told me anything. He just sits there…suffering…”

Anri looked at Haruhi sadly. “How do you know he’s sad? Maybe it’s just…” Haruhi interrupted her. “No. I know. I can feel it…I can hear it in his voice. I can see it in his eyes. He’s…not happy at all. He’s…depressed. And I…” She gripped her now-empty cup until it began to snap under pressure. “I can’t do anything! I’m completely useless! Why?! Why won’t he say anything? Why is he…pushing me away?!”

Anri had no answer to Haruhi’s question. She just stood there, looking at her sadly, feeling her pain. She could tell that Kevin’s mood was affecting Haruhi a lot more than she revealed it to. She loved him, and she wanted to know everything that was going on and make him happy. The one thing Haruhi wanted more than anything was to make Kevin happy. Anri could tell, even though Haruhi never said it. Beating him didn’t matter. Being with him forever didn’t matter. It all came down to whether or not Kevin was happy. No matter what it meant.

After a while of talking with Rusty, Kevin stood alone in the living room, amongst the red velvet chairs and sofas. Haruhi and Anri stood in the dining room, watching him. Anri looked at Haruhi and softly said, “So? How about now?” Haruhi looked at the ground and grimaced. “He’d…just say that it’s not the right time…” Anri frowned, then walked over to Kevin. Haruhi was surprised by Anri’s sudden action and whispered to her urgently. “A-Anri! Wait! Hey! Wh-what are you doing?!”

Anri walked up to Kevin (who was about six inches taller than she was), stood in front of him, looked up at his face, and put her hands on her hips, frowning. Kevin just blinked boredly and looked at her. Anri finally said, “What’s the matter with you? Don’t you notice Haruhi at all? She’s your girlfriend now, you know. You should treat her better and spend more time with her.”

Kevin glanced over at Haruhi, who was now blushing beet red over her entire face, trying not to make eye contact with him. He then looked back at Anri. “She’s…” Suddenly, they were interrupted by someone. It was a man who looked like he worked out, with short brown hair. He wore black shades, a brown shirt, and blue jeans, and had an air of crispness about him. He walked in with another man behind him, most likely the same age as he was, with dark brown hair and a serious look on his face. When he saw Kevin, he couldn’t help but grin, however.

“Hey Nick! It’s Kevin!” As soon as the man said that, the man in the shades, Nick, looked at Kevin, not smiling. “So we meet again.” Kevin had his eyes closed and his hands in his pockets. “Hmph. I knew it was you as soon as I saw the car.” Haruhi finally decided to come over by Kevin’s side as Anri backed away, allowing the two men to approach Kevin. As Haruhi came up by his side, he introduced them.

“Haruhi, these are two of my old buddies from back in the day. The one in the shades? That’s Nick. The one behind him is Daniel.” Daniel waved slightly at hearing his introduction. “Hey, Kevin.” Kevin nodded. He then continued with the introduction. “Daniel runs a special force of expertly-trained soldiers. He teaches them the basics, the not-so-basics. Then he takes them out in the field. Don’t let his laid back attitude fool you. He’s relaxed for a reason. He could headshot you from a mile away without even thinking. Great guy to have if you’re in trouble.”

Daniel smirked at Kevin’s introduction. Then Kevin turned to the one in the shades. “And this…is Nick. He and I both taught private racing lessons and opened up racing teams that were undefeatable. This, of course, means that he is undefeated as well. You could learn a lot from him.” Nick nodded at Haruhi. Haruhi looked at Kevin worriedly, afraid of where this was going. “Wait a second…is that GT outside his car?”

Kevin nodded. “Of course. Haruhi…you know you can’t learn everything just from one person. If Nick would be up to it, I’d like for him to take you under his wing for a bit. He’ll show you racing from his perspective.” Haruhi looked at Nick uncertainly. There was definitely something about him. He had the same sort of invincible aura that Kevin possessed. He was probably rich too, seeing as his car was a GT.

Nick stood there for a bit, then looked Haruhi up and down. “How long?” The sudden question caught Haruhi off-guard. “Huh?” Nick repeated the question again with a little more info. “How long have you been racing?” Haruhi forced herself to think quickly, but she really had no idea when she began racing. She decided to just estimate, thinking out loud. “Well, I got the car at sixteen…seventeen was…and then eighteen…”

She began counting from her head from seventeen to thirty, slightly sending herself into depression over the fact that she was thirty years old. “Fourteen?” Nick seemed to be thinking for a bit, then turned to Kevin. “This isn’t like you. You’ve kept her for fourteen years and still aren’t done?” Kevin seemed to have been going off into a daze again, and Haruhi could see sadness in his eyes. Then he blinked and the sadness disappeared.

“Well, I think you’ll see why once you watch her drive. She’s still learning. She’s definitely gotten past the basics and all that. And I still have one more thing that I have to teach her. But for now, I’d like to see what she can learn from you.” He then walked up to whisper at Nick to where he could hear him, but Haruhi couldn’t. “She’s special, this one.” Nick sighed and looked at her. “When can you start?” Haruhi blinked. “Uhm…well, I guess…at any time, really. As long as it’s after seven in the evening.”

Nick nodded. “Meet me in the Shibuya parking area. That’s where I’ll be. I have a room at a hotel there. My GT doesn’t exactly get great mileage, so I’d like to meet somewhere not too far from my hotel.” Haruhi felt uneasy being pulled into all this without being able to state her own opinion, but decided to go along with it, and nodded. Just then, Ayaka and Rusty came in.

Ayaka ushered everyone into the kitchen, saying, “Oh, come on, now. No more car talk! I can’t believe you all are still doing such irresponsible things this age. Come on! This is my first anniversary! Let’s have cake! Celebrate!” Everyone decided that they should listen, and followed her into the kitchen. Haruhi glanced at Kevin nervously as they walked in. What was he thinking about? Why was he doing this?

What was the final lesson he had to teach her?

--------------------------------------------

Hmmm...Kevin in depression? Haruhi at thirty? And another undefeated racer...

And what has Haruhi yet to learn?

This post has been edited by fettman53 on Feb 13 2009, 04:20 PM
Meteor
Posted: Feb 14 2009, 12:38 AM

And when will that question be answered? When MOAR is posted!

Wow. Haruhi's 30 already? And I wonder if Kevin's really depressed. And if he is, I wonder what's bothering him.
fettman53
  Posted: Feb 15 2009, 01:53 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Act 3 – Shibuya

That evening, everyone walked outside, saying their goodbyes. Afterwards, the racers all stayed as Nick examined Haruhi’s car and Kevin’s car. He was more interested in Haruhi’s at the moment, seeing as she was his new pupil. He looked it over, knocking lightly on the metal body and listening closely, feeling the tires over, and even popping the hood to see what was under the bonnet. Afterwards, he frowned.

“Well, it’s okay. Not exactly what I’d expected though. But if you’ve gotten this far using this car…then I’ve got to hand it to you: that’s pretty impressive.” Haruhi didn’t know whether he was complementing her or putting her down. It seemed to be a little bit of both. “So…the car…you don’t like it?” Nick immediately replied. “Oh, no, I like it. It’s just…you know…not exactly a threat to most of the guys out there that race seriously.” Haruhi looked at the ground disappointedly.

Nick sighed and said, “Okay, look…it’s fine. But it could be better, that’s all I’m saying. For example, it looks like the body parts were all put on because you liked how they look on it or something. Plus, none of it is like carbon fiber or anything. The engine looks nice and is kept clean, but it isn’t really very powerful-looking. Of course, I’ll have to see for myself to know for sure.”

Haruhi still looked sad, so Daniel took it upon himself to try to cheer her up. “Don’t worry, Haruhi. Nick’s always like this when it comes to cars. You have a very nice, uh…Honda.” At hearing that, Haruhi suddenly looked confused and looked at Daniel questioningly. “Huh?” Nick put his hand on his face and sighed. “Oh my god…Dan…” Daniel looked at him questioningly. “What?!”

Nick decided to change the subject. “Okay, so we’ll meet in the Shibuya parking area, okay? You know where that is, right?” Haruhi nodded, still a little confused as to why her FD was just called a Honda. Nick walked over to Kevin’s S30 and looked at him. “May I?” Kevin rolled his eyes and nodded. Nick looked the car over first, then nodded appreciatively.

Next, he knocked lightly on the hood and listened to the sound it made, then nodded again. Then, as he went for the tires, his hand slid along the car’s metal body, and he suddenly stopped. Slowly, as if he couldn’t believe what he just felt, he knocked on the car’s actual body, up over the fender. He then began to get excited. He knocked on the door, the roof, and the rear. Then he stepped back and breathed out, impressed.

Then he felt the tires. They were pretty wide, and on top of that, they were in nice shape. Then he felt and tapped the rims and listened, nodding as he heard the sound. Then he stood up and stepped back, looking at the car. “Now I see…why you’re such a legend.” Haruhi looked at Kevin questioningly, then at his car. The little S30 didn’t look like anything more than it was. To her, at least. Nick was about to explain when Kevin stopped him. “No. I want her to figure it out herself.”

Nick nodded, then looked at Haruhi. “Alright, me and Dan have to go. I’ll see you…tonight?” Haruhi thought for a second, then nodded. “Sure. If it’s what you want.” Nick and Daniel got into the dark, sleek GT and drove away, gracing their ears with the sound of its V8 engine as it pulled away at an incredible speed. Kevin crossed his arms and watched him go. “He always was a bit of a show-off. Always popular with the ladies.” Haruhi frowned, wondering what she could possibly learn from Nick.

That night, Haruhi pulled into the Shibuya parking area to find it full of life, with some sort of soundtrack from that Tokyo Drift movie playing in the background. She saw Nick’s GT, with Nick sitting on the front right fender, still wearing his shades and talking to some girls. To the left of the GT was a black Mitsubishi 3000GT with dark blue lightning vinyls on the sides and top. Daniel stood to the right of it, in the middle of it and the GT, with his arms crossed. As Haruhi neared, she found that the music was coming from speakers in Nick’s GT.

As she drove by, she noted that those speakers must have meant that Nick didn’t care to lighten the car. It must’ve been pretty heavy. She was quickly beginning to doubt that this guy could teach her anything that Kevin couldn’t. Still…it was what Kevin wanted. She saw Daniel wave to her and then point to the left of the 3000GT, revealing a space that was apparently reserved for her. She backed into it and nodded to Daniel, thanking him.

As she got out, Daniel greeted her. “Hi, Haruhi.” Haruhi nodded and smiled. “Hello…er…” Daniel smiled and helped her to finish her sentence. “Daniel. Or, you can call me by my racing nickname…which is Thunderblade. Apparently because of the vinyl on my car looking like thunder…and the fact that it’s sleek like a blade.” Haruhi looked at the 3000GT, which was most definitely his car. She had never seen one racing on the Wangan before.

Daniel shrugged. “Meh, it works for me. All-wheel drivetrain, twin turbos…you know. The works.” Haruhi nodded, pretending to understand so that she wouldn’t look stupid. Truthfully, she didn’t even know what a turbo did. All she knew was that it sounded like something that made your car faster, and that if you had two, your car must be pretty fast. Her car only had one now. Just one big one.

She looked at Nick, who was apparently too busy talking to the other girls, all of which were quite attractive. It frustrated Haruhi for some reason. She was attractive herself, but she wasn’t like that about guys with nice cars. As a matter of fact, she didn’t even really have much interest in Fords. She learned from Keiko that Fords were just American powerhouses that were good in straight lines. Her FD would probably be able to defeat a stock GT if she tried hard enough.

She began to get angry as she remembered Nick talking about her car earlier. What right did he have to say that her car was no good? He had never seen her drive. She looked at Daniel and asked, “So…what about you?” Daniel seemed to have been thinking about something, and was surprised by Haruhi’s sudden question. “Hm? What about me?” Haruhi strained to put her thoughts into words. “Well…you know. Aren’t you pretty famous too? Don’t you get any attention?”

Daniel chuckled. “Not really. But I don’t mind. My car’s not really very flashy or anything. I mean, sure, the vinyl is nice and the body kit is okay. But…well, it’s meant more for performance. See?” He looked into the window of his car, showing Haruhi that most of the interior had been stripped out, including the passenger seat. There were body-strengthening rollbars installed, as well as extra gauges to show things such as water temperature, boost pressure, and a few other things.

Oddly enough, Haruhi was more impressed by Daniel’s stripped-down 3000GT than by Nick’s showy GT. Hesitantly, she asked, “Erm…may I?” Daniel was surprised that she was actually interested in it, and quickly unlocked the door. “Yeah! Yeah! Sure! Check it out!” He opened up the door and stepped aside, allowing Haruhi to enter and sit in the driver’s seat. She had never been in a car that had been so stripped-down before. Even without driving it, she could tell that it was light.

“This is…” Just then, Nick walked over, apparently done talking with the girls. “Alright, ladies, let’s go. Got things to teach you, girl.” Daniel stepped back and frustratingly said, “Hey! Nick, she was looking at my car!” Nick nodded and replied, “Yeah, I know. She must’ve been pretty damn bored, huh?” Haruhi frowned at hearing that. He was quite rude. But he seemed urgent to begin whatever lesson he had in store for her, so she reluctantly got out of Daniel’s 3000GT.

Nick walked over to his GT and then stopped, looking at Haruhi. “Haruhi…do you have a motto for racing?” Haruhi blinked. A motto? “Um…well, I…I mean, I…” Nick frowned. “I thought so. Look…every racer should have a motto. Something to stick to, no matter what. You know my motto? Huh?” Obviously she didn’t. It was a rhetorical question. Nick smiled and replied, “In a race, the winner isn’t the one with the fastest car; the winner is the one who wants it bad enough.”

Haruhi blinked. That made sense. It seemed to be how she won most of her races. She nodded, confirming that she understood his motto. Nick continued. “If you want something bad enough, you’ll get it. That’s what I believe. Work hard towards your goals. Don’t let anything interfere or stop you. You can do anything you set your mind to.” Haruhi felt like she was being preached to by a parent. It was then that she realized…she really…really wished that her dad was still alive. Her mom too.

Her heart began to twist in her chest as her thoughts dwelled on them. She tried to suppress her feelings. This wasn’t the right time for them to come out. Nick looked at Daniel after he said what he had to say, and motioned him to come over. “Talking is pointless. If you want something done, take action. You wanna be better? Race him first. Then we’ll see.”

Haruhi and Daniel were both surprised. Haruhi was the first to express her surprise and confusion. “Huh?! Wait…race? Him?! But…” Nick looked at her, his eyes hidden behind his dark, black shades. “But what? It’s a battle of the best students. Kevin’s student versus mine. Let’s see, first, who was taught better.” Haruhi looked at Daniel. “Erm…I see…so…you’re his ace student.”

Daniel tried to act indifferent to the fact. “Mmm…well, yeah…but that’s fine. Kevin seems to have confidence in you. Nick just wants to see where you stand in terms of racing skill, so he knows where to start the lesson. Maybe you’re on the same level as me! Then we’ll have ‘classes’ together! Heh heh.” Haruhi forced herself to smile, and nodded. “Mm!” Daniel seemed surprised, apparently understanding her. “Oh! Cute! You know some Japanese!”

Haruhi suddenly blushed and corrected herself. “N-no…I…I didn’t mean that. I meant…yeah…you know…maybe we’ll have classes together…mmm…” She rubbed her arm bashfully and looked away. Why? Why did she keep on unconsciously speaking in Japanese like that? Daniel looked at her curiously. “Are…you okay, Haruhi?” Haruhi shook her head to clear her mind and then nodded. “Sure. Let’s go.” With that, she quickly walked off to her car, trying to avoid talking anymore. Daniel watched her go with a look of uncertainty on his face.

Haruhi started up her FD and looked at the dashboard with a solemn look on her face. She waited until Daniel drove out and followed him. Nick followed Haruhi in his GT. Halfway through the Shibuya line, Daniel suddenly accelerated, his engine’s sudden high revs startling Haruhi. In his GT, Nick couldn’t help but smirk. All of Kevin’s pupils were the same. They thought that playing fair was how everyone worked.

Haruhi tightened her jaw and downshifted while accelerating, quickly bringing up her revs. The problem with Haruhi’s car immediately became apparent to Nick as she accelerated. It didn’t have enough torque to really make any of that power she had any good. Meanwhile, Daniel barreled down the straight road, picking up speed very quickly with his car’s powerful, 4WD drivetrain and super-light chassis.

Haruhi knew that the Shibuya line ended soon, connecting to the C1. Would they take the outside loop or the inside loop? Either way, she hoped that she could get through the corners faster than Daniel. It wasn’t long before she’d find out. They quickly approached the ramps onto the C1. On the left was the ramp to the outer loop, and on the right was the ramp to the inner loop. Haruhi was hoping Daniel would take the inner loop, which happened to be where Haruhi really shone.

The tension raised for Haruhi as they got nearer to the ramps. Which one? Which one?! She noticed that she was holding her breath. Just then, Daniel turned on his left signal. The…outer loop. Haruhi had still yet to completely master it. This would be difficult. Daniel hit his brakes as he entered the ramp, and that’s when Haruhi suddenly caught up. She looked at his car questioningly. “You don’t need to brake here…just control the throttle through it.” Haruhi quickly caught up before they exited the ramp.

As they entered the C1 outer loop, Haruhi was just inches away from Daniel’s rear bumper. But as they got back onto the straightaway, Daniel widened the gap again. But as they came up on another easy corner, Daniel hit his brakes again. Haruhi was beginning to wonder if he was toying with her, or simply going easy until later on. But as they continued on, she began to doubt it. He braked too often. Maybe he just wasn’t used to these kinds of roads.

Haruhi now had it all planned out. All she had to do was put her plan into motion!
Meteor
Posted: Feb 18 2009, 09:36 AM

I was actually feeling just as tense as Haruhi was during the "will he go left or right?" scene.

Now go for the win Haruhi!
Gunma's 34
Posted: Feb 18 2009, 06:13 PM

The R34's chosen one

Member No.: 27,787

OMFGBBQAOL!! It's Nathan Archibal Sr.'s long lost son, Nick!! Ha! I was kidding... since I had a Ford GT also on my story...

Daniel is surely serious when it comes to lightening his car... I wonder how much it weighs knowing the fact that the stock GTO/ 3000GT weighs at 1600 kg...

I know the trick on how Haruhi could stay and win this... I won't spoil it and leave Fettman53 to do that bidding...
Gunma's 34
Posted: Feb 24 2009, 02:05 AM

The R34's chosen one

I've checked the WME forums to see if there is any difference between the 2 on your story and I have to say... not much except for one thing...

One of the readers really wanted Kevin to lose... blink.gif
Never expected that comment taking a grudge against one of your characters.
Maybe...just maybe (if I have the time), I'd like to add my story (a new one) at the WME forums as it is more Wangan Related so I might give it a shot. It's Called Speed Legend Kyushi Z - the Akiyama chronicles. An Idea in progress, which I'll hopefully push through with...

anyway... any chapters ready? yet?
fettman53
  Posted: Feb 26 2009, 04:28 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Hmm...yes, it would seem so.

---------------------------------------

Act 4 – Faster Than Lightning

As the race continued, Nick noticed that Daniel wasn’t as good as he thought he was. He was hoping for some extremely intense battle, or even for Daniel to completely destroy Haruhi and leave her far behind, but surprisingly she was keeping up with him extremely well. She hardly braked at all for the corners, and not only that, but her driving was smooth. The car didn’t sway left and right when she switched a lane to dodge a car or when she came out of a corner like most racers would, including Daniel.

No…Haruhi’s lines were precise. Smooth. It was like she planned out each and every one of them and executed them perfectly…like a computer or something. Even though her car wasn’t very impressive, she drove it very impressively. Kevin was right. She was special. She didn’t look like much, and presented herself like any normal person would. But Nick could tell: this girl was no amateur. As a matter of fact, she wasn’t even an intermediate.

In her FD, Haruhi had found Daniel’s biggest weakness, and was working her way towards victory. His lines were sloppy, for one thing, and he didn’t try to make smooth transitions. Instead, he’d just jerk the car this way and that until he regained control. Still…he was using the out-in-out line, as sloppy as he may have been doing it. But there were other problems as well. For example, he used the brakes far too often, as if he didn’t trust himself or his car. Like he was afraid.

Another thing, too: Haruhi was behind him. The biggest problem of all for him. She smiled. She loved it when she found that beating someone would be easy. On the straights, she slipstreamed the big 3000GT, and through the corners she closed the gap as easy as putting a lid on a cooking pot. Nick was amazed at her brake timing. It was spot on every time. This girl really was special. Nick now knew, and quietly admitted it to himself, hating himself for it: Kevin’s student was better than his. Way better.

No…she was in a completely different league from Daniel! He didn’t stand a chance! It wasn’t fair to have pitted her against him! How? How could he not have seen it? She just didn’t have an air of superiority about her! He tensed his muscles, forcing himself not to lose his temper, angry with the humiliation he felt at seeing his best student being torn to shreds like it was nothing. The one thing Nick hated more than anything was someone being better than he was. Especially if it came to cars and racing.

Haruhi couldn’t help but smile as she chased Daniel through the streetlamp-lit highway streets. It was just so much fun. She was getting so excited. She could feel the superiority she had over her opponent now. Was this what it felt like to be the fastest? Knowing that you could overtake at any time…bearing down on your opponent like a monster, mocking at their futile attempts to pull away…was this what it was like?

She wanted to feel this way forever. It was so exciting. But there was only one thing more exciting than such a feeling. She went in for the kill, taking the in-out-out line to come up next to Daniel on his left out of a right corner. Nick frowned. It was inevitable. Daniel was freaking out as they came up to the next corner, which happened to be the downhill left into the tunnel where Haruhi crashed for the first time on the inner loop. She smiled as she saw the corner come up. “Hello, old friend.”

She took the corner on the outside, forcing Daniel to the inside lane. He braked hard, but that caused the back end to come loose. Haruhi witnessed her own déjà vu as Daniel’s back slid out, pointing his car’s nose at the wall. Haruhi was now in front and out of harms way. She hit her brakes as she heard the nose of Daniel’s car grind against the wall and come to a stop. Nick had slowed down and stopped behind him to avoid a crash, and he got out to see if his friend was okay. Haruhi ran to Daniel’s aid as well.

Daniel sat in his car, looking straight ahead, trying to register just exactly what happened. She was way better than he thought she would be. He thought he’d have to go easy on her or something. But…she was…incredibly good. Nick knocked on the window and called out to him. “Dan! Are you okay?! Can you move?!” Daniel, in his anger, slammed his fist hard on the steering wheel, gritting his teeth. “Dammit!”

They brought each other’s cars to the side of the road and stood there, waiting for a tow truck to drive Daniel’s car away. The traffic drove by peacefully as they stood there. Nick looked out at the city and said, “Hey Dan. I get the feeling we’re not in Canada anymore.” Daniel simply sat on the crumpled hood of his car, staring at his shoes. “Yeah…whatever that means.”

Nick crossed his arms, still looking out into the city as he said, “Haruhi. You’re much better than I imagined you’d be. Even in that worn out RX-7, you were a force to be reckoned with. I congratulate you. You’re at a way higher level than even my best student.” Haruhi dared to glance at Daniel, who continued to depressingly stare at his shoes. “I…am no pushover. Haven’t you heard?”

Nick looked at her, his eyes hidden behind his shades, as she finished her sentence. “I am the fastest female in all of Tokyo.” There was a look of determination in her eyes. Nick chuckled. He couldn’t help but smile. “Just what sort of a racer did Kevin make? And yet…he still isn’t done?” He turned to her. “Just what makes you so special? Why hasn’t he let you go out on your own yet?”

Haruhi thought about it, and realized that Kevin did let her out on her own. She came chasing him back down, however. And for some reason, he just took her back in and began teaching again. “Erm…well…he did…actually. I just…” It pained her to lie, but she felt the need to. “I just wanted to learn more.” She looked up at him, into his shades, trying to make out his eyes.

Nick was amazed at the sincerity with which this girl had stated such things. “I see. Now…why don’t you tell me the truth?” Haruhi blinked with surprise, and even Daniel looked up at Nick. Haruhi didn’t think it was that obvious that she was lying. “That’s…not your business. That’s not for you to know.” It was silent. The three of them just stood there, silently. Then, Daniel finally understood, and smiled, almost laughing, as he stared back down at the road. “She likes him.”

Haruhi blushed and glanced at Daniel. He looked at her and said, “What?! You’re together, aren’t you? You have to like him! You want to become a great racer to get his attention, that’s all. It’s completely understandable.” Nick interrupted all of a sudden. “But will you get his attention?” Haruhi looked at the ground uncertainly. She herself had already considered that. Kevin didn’t really care about who was the fastest. Would becoming a great racer get his attention? Probably not.

Which brought up the same question that plagued her to this very day: why was she still racing? Maybe she really enjoyed it now. “I…think I really like racing. I didn’t at first…I will admit that at first it was for him. But…” She looked at her car lovingly. “Lately I’ve really been enjoying myself. It’ll be hard to let go…” For some reason, it pained her to say that she enjoyed it. There was a reason why she didn’t at first. It was a very good reason. She felt like…she was going against them now…but…

She looked up at Nick and admitted, “I really like racing!” Nick smiled and looked back out at the road. “That’s good. That’s very good.” Just then, a tow truck drove up, positioning itself in front of Daniel’s car. Haruhi waved goodbye to Nick and Daniel and got into her FD, starting it up and driving away.

When she got home and parked the FD in the garage, she went up to see Kevin in his recliner, with that same, sorrowful, distant look in his eyes. She looked at him worriedly, but was still too afraid to say anything. Instead, she simply made a little noise to let him know that she was there, and then went back into the room, getting ready for bed. She really wanted to talk to him. She really did. But…she just couldn’t.

Meanwhile, Rusty’s older brother, Thomas, drove his orange Lancer Evolution V on the highway, keeping it at around 246kmph. He didn’t race very often unless there was some sort of really obnoxious racer of some kind, just asking to be beaten. He calmly took a long, gentle corner, and as he exited, he began to see headlights coming up behind him. “At this speed?!”

The car approaching was a ghostly-blue Porsche 930 with a familiar body style. Nightwing. He got up on Thomas’s rear bumper, pressuring him to go faster. Thomas gritted his teeth and downshifted, and flames burst from his exhaust as he accelerated. But he never even once widened the two-inch gap between the cars. Nightwing wasn’t even touching his accelerator at one point, just sitting behind the Lan Evo V, keeping up easily, pressuring Thomas.

This sort of thing always seemed to amuse Nightwing. He liked to see how long it took for his opponent to snap and lose it. He smirked as the Lan Evo’s rear slipped a bit coming out of a corner. The gap still hadn’t widened at all. Nightwing’s pedal control was unnatural. Suddenly, he decided to pass.

And pass he did.

It was so effortless that Thomas might has well have been traveling 100kmph. Nightwing cleanly passed him on the straightaway and took the sharp left, nearing the Shiodome parking area. As they neared the entrance, Nightwing turned in, signaling left. Thomas, however continued on. Nightwing pulled in and saw Zero’s 930 and Iceman’s R32 parked near the end, and parked next to Zero’s Porsche.

As he got out, Zero walked over, obviously seeing him pull in. He had a vending machine coffee in his hand, and raised it up. “Yo!” Nightwing nodded with a smile as he shut his car’s door. Zero took a sip of his coffee and then took a deep breath. “Ahh…a nice night. Remember how it used to be? Back then? Just you and me, against all of Tokyo! We were even the fastest at one point…heh heh heh…”

Nightwing chuckled. “Still living in the past, Koichiro?” Zero closed his eyes and replied, “That’s all you can do when you get this old…” Nightwing looked at the road, watching the cars pass by. “How did it come to us running for this long?” Zero shrugged. “Who knows. I’m almost through my sixties now. I still feel…young…when I drive out here. I think that’s how it happened.”

Nightwing leaned against the wall. “You’ve been using the same car you had back when you started that business. I remember how we all used to laugh at you. ‘A restaurant!’ we’d mock…” Zero couldn’t help but smile, but then his smile faded. “I…wish the rest of them were still with us…” Nightwing closed his eyes and replied, “The older you get, the more you lose. It’s the way of things. The way of life.”

Zero sighed, throwing the empty can in the trash nearby. “You know…I think it’s about time for the both of us to give this up. What do you say?” Nightwing looked at him surprisingly. “What?! So suddenly? No way! Not for me, at least. Not until I race a great racer. Like that one kid in the Datsun.” Zero’s eyes suddenly lit up. “You know…that might not be a very bad idea. I’d like to race him too.”

Just then, Iceman walked over. “Hey guys. What are we talking about?” Zero looked over at him and replied, “Oh, nothing really. Just possible retirement.” Iceman nodded understandingly. “I hear you. I have a family to look after now. My wife is pregnant, and we’re expecting our first child someday soon. I know I can’t be out here for too much longer…I don’t want to worry them…or…die…”

Nightwing chuckled and walked past, patting Iceman’s shoulder as he did so. “Hideki, you’re the last person I’d expect to die out here.” Iceman wasn’t so sure, however. Nightwing went for his car and called out to Zero. “Koichiro! We’ll do it! Next time we see them! Be there!” Zero smiled and waved at him. “Yeah! We’ll show them that we’ve still got it!” With that, Nightwing started up his car and drove out.

Iceman uneasily stared at his GT-R, parked in a space near the entrance. “You won’t betray me. Right?” For some reason, he just wasn’t sure.
Gunma's 34
Posted: Feb 27 2009, 05:56 AM

The R34's chosen one

Nick looked out at the city and said, “Hey Dan. I get the feeling we’re not in Canada anymore.” Daniel simply sat on the crumpled hood of his car, staring at his shoes. “Yeah…whatever that means.”

I knew it!! He is Nathan's long lost son!! Bwahahahahahahaha laugh2.gif laugh2.gif
If you don't get why I said that, check out my story and read it starting at Chapter
36. Here's the link to the page. Search for chapter 36 and start there for the Canada setting story.

Back on topic:
Let me guess, Zero and Nightwing are planning to take on Kevin as their final drive before retirement?
Permission to request for next chapter...
Meteor
Posted: Feb 27 2009, 06:41 AM

Why do I get the feeling Iceman's gonna die soon?

And, wow, even though this was a rather easy race for Haruhi, you still wrote something good out of it. Rest of the chapter was great too, as usual.
fettman53
  Posted: Mar 16 2009, 08:03 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Sorry it's going so slow. Usually it would be a good thing, but I just can't seem to get myself writing anymore. But I promised someone that I'd finish this story no matter what, so make sure you keep an eye on this topic. It may take a while, but it WILL be finished.

------------------------------------

Act 5 – The Final Lesson

The next day, Haruhi and Anri had decided to hang out. Although it was supposed to be for fun, Haruhi just couldn’t help but wonder what was bothering Kevin. It bugged her all day long. She couldn’t get her mind off of it. And that frustrated Anri when she was trying to hang out with her friend.

As they both drove on the Wangan that night, Haruhi’s thoughts once again went to Kevin. He had been this way for so long now. Why hadn’t he said something by now? Was it something really bad? Something he didn’t want her to know about? Or was he waiting for her to ask about it? Thinking about it began to make the inside of her head itch. It was frustrating. He hadn’t even acknowledged her last night when she came in. It must have been really bad, whatever it was.

Suddenly, Haruhi saw flashing lights from behind her. She smirked and looked in the rearview mirror to see Anri’s red Altezza, still following her, now challenging her to a race. “Ohhh? Feeling lucky today?” She smiled as she pressed down on the accelerator, rushing off into the night with Anri at her heels. Anri had made quite a few modifications to her Altezza, including quite a bit of lightening, but she was still hard-pressed to keep up with Haruhi.

Through one of the corners, Haruhi slipped for a split-second, and Anri immediately took advantage, catching up and getting right up behind her. Haruhi was surprised, but excited at the same time. “Ooooh…nice, Anri!” Her friend wasn’t exactly the best in the world, but Haruhi loved seeing Anri improve. She wondered if this was how Kevin felt when he saw her improve.

They began to near the parking lot, with Haruhi still in front. Anri disappointedly whined at her failure to defeat her friend again. They parked and got out, with Anri smiling as she skipped over to Haruhi. “So? Did I get your mind off of him?” At first, Haruhi didn’t understand, but then she remembered Kevin. “Oh…that was what you were doing?” Anri looked at her eagerly.

Haruhi scratched her temple and replied, “Well…yes…but is it really that big of a deal?” Anri frowned and put her hands on her hips. “You’ve been sidetracked, thinking about him all day! You haven’t even been paying any attention to me!” Haruhi began to feel really bad about it…but what could she do? “Er…sorry…” Anri smiled. “Well that’s alright. Just don’t let it happen again!”

Haruhi tried to act positive, but it wasn’t very convincing. “Yeah…sure…” It was now that she wished Keiko were here…more than anything else, she wished that Keiko were here. She wanted Keiko’s advice; her “big sister” attitude. All Anri did was goof around and try to make you feel better by attempting to make you smile. It was nice, and definitely thoughtful, but it just wasn’t working.

Just then, a menacing-looking R32 rolled in. It was bright silver, with a huge rear wing that looked like something off of Keisuke Takahashi’s FD from Initial D’s first season. The headlamps had covers over them that made it look like it had four small, round headlights instead of two large ones. It also had a huge front bumper that looked like it belonged on a Dodge Viper. It roared in quite loudly, pulling up and parking.

Anri quietly said, “It’s the one racer everyone fears most…Nocturnal Wolf…” Haruhi watched the GT-R park. The driver then got out. He looked to be in his forties, with short, brown hair, a white, button-up shirt, and black slacks. He shut his door and walked over to the two girls. “Good evening.” Haruhi and Anri were a bit nervous, not really knowing what to say. Finally, Haruhi nodded. “Hello…”

Nocturnal Wolf chuckled and smiled. “Don’t worry. I’m not a serial killer or anything, after all. I saw that you two girls were racing. When I saw you parked in here, I couldn’t help but come in. Do you race often?” Haruhi’s eyes were opened wide, as if she were being talked to by a celebrity, and Anri was looking around, as if trying to find a way to escape. Finally, Haruhi spoke. “W-well…I do…I’m…”

Nocturnal Wolf took a glance at the FD in the parking lot and then nodded, understanding. “Ah, yes. The newest female champion.” He reached out his hand, and Haruhi shook it, although her grip was far from being as firm as his. “Silverfire, is it? A very nice name. Suits you, from what I can tell. Would you care for a race?” He said it so casually that Haruhi almost didn’t register it as a challenge. “Uh…you…want to race me?” As the conversation went into racing, Haruhi seemed to open up a bit more.

Nocturnal Wolf shrugged. “Why not? Unless you’re busy. I can come back at another time.” As well as he hid the fact, Haruhi could tell that he had been looking for her. It was possible that he had been planning on racing her for some time. And that meant that sooner or later, she’d have to race him anyway. Anri saw the look in Haruhi’s eyes and immediately began to worry. She pulled Haruhi aside and pleaded her not to go along with it. “Haruhi, don’t even think about it! Haven’t you heard the stories?”

Haruhi raised an eyebrow. “Stories?” Anri nodded, making sure he wasn’t listening, and then continued. “They say that every person who has raced him has ended up crashing.” Haruhi frowned and glanced at him. “So…he cheats?” Anri rolled her eyes and replied, “No, you idiot! He’s too good! No one can keep up with him! They end up pushing their cars past their limits and crashing!” As soon as Anri said it, she wished she hadn’t. That was the kind of thing that encouraged Haruhi.

Haruhi stood up and walked up to Nocturnal Wolf, with Anri desperately trying to take back what she said and stop her. “Haruhi! No, please!” But she already knew it was no use. She had accidentally convinced Haruhi to race Nocturnal Wolf. Haruhi looked him in the eye and said, “I’ve heard that you’re a great racer. But I know of someone even better, and I am aiming to defeat him. If I cannot defeat you…”

She looked at the ground, knowing that she’d regret it after she said it. “Then I cannot defeat him!” Nocturnal Wolf seemed interested in whoever it was that Haruhi was talking about. “Hmm? Someone better than me? So far, I haven’t been defeated by anyone. Just who is this person you speak of?” Haruhi opened up the door to her FD and said, “You’ll meet him. Keep running the roads, and hope to meet the fastest. If you really want to race him… then he will appear before you.”

She got into the car and, as an afterthought, quietly added, with a grin, “Whether he wants to or not.” With that, she closed the door and started up her FD. Anri whined complainingly and rushed to her Altezza as Nocturnal Wolf’s GT-R loudly roared. Haruhi pulled out, followed by Nocturnal Wolf, and Anri watched from behind…and to make sure Haruhi was alright in case she crashed.
As soon as they began to pick up pace, Nocturnal Wolf pulled up close and began to pressure Haruhi. Haruhi frowned and tried to focus on what was in front of her. She remembered Nick’s motto: it didn’t matter who had the fastest car. It was who wanted to win badly enough! And Haruhi had a feeling that she wanted to win much more than Nocturnal Wolf did.

They went through a left corner, with no difference in gap distance. They both seemed to be using the same exact driving style of grip, which was bad for Haruhi. The reason being was that it was quite obvious that Nocturnal Wolf’s GT-R was more powerful than her FD. But Haruhi was used to these sort of things. She loved a challenge. No matter who it was or what they drove, she wanted to beat them. It was becoming an unstoppable urge. She wanted more and more.

She was intrigued by the rumor Anri told her. Was Nocturnal Wolf really so skilled that people wrecked trying to keep up with him? Haruhi already saw that he used a professional racing line like Kevin did. How close in terms of skill was he to Kevin? With that heavy GT-R, he must have been having a hard time negotiating the turns. Haruhi already knew his weakness was his weight. But she also acknowledged that this wasn’t any ordinary racer.

But then again, Haruhi never seemed to race ordinary racers. She downshifted into third as she rounded a long, left corner, then upshifted when her revs got back up out of the corner. She was going easy. Of course, the GT-R was too, but Haruhi wasn’t about to give away everything about her car and how she drove. Especially not at the beginning of the race. She knew better than to do such a thing. In fact, she was hoping that the GT-R would get out in front.

Suddenly, her train of thought changed. Why? Why was she so serious about it all? When Kevin drove, it didn’t matter to him whether he was in front or whether he was behind his opponent. It was all about the experience of it. Besides, Kevin could pass anyone at any time. He was able to enjoy the ride without worry of falling behind. Why was she so intense about racing on the highways? Why was it always “find their weakness?” She frowned. Perhaps she didn’t run the highways for fun…but for fame.

She went around another corner, with the GT-R still on her tail. As they came out onto the straightaway, Nocturnal Wolf suddenly attacked, pulling out in front with incredible power. Haruhi was glad that he got in front of her. At first. After all, this was where she shined. She was an expert at chasing. But it wasn’t long before she found that being behind was the last place she wanted to be.

The silver GT-R quickly pulled away. So much, in fact, that Haruhi’s heart sank. There was no way she’d be able to keep up! He took the turns perfectly. She could see the advantage he had in that all-wheel-drive car. She quickly began to lose faith that she’d win as he pulled away more and more. She almost caught up through a corner, but was quickly lost again as they came out onto the straightaway.

Anri watched the scene with disappointment, and also with worry. This was about the time when Nocturnal Wolf’s opponent would begin to go all out and end up crashing. But Haruhi kept her pace, falling behind further and further, until Nocturnal Wolf was out of sight. Haruhi couldn’t believe how fast he was. She was speechless…and frustrated. She was angry at how he just waltzed up, challenged her, and defeated her like this.

Back at the parking lot, Nocturnal Wolf smiled and said, “Well, madam…I have to say that I am disappointed. I never knew that the fastest female on the highway used such a low-performance car. Or perhaps you just need to work on the tuning a bit? It was quite slow, I must say. No disrespect to you, of course, and I apologize if you take it offensively. But you need a better car.”

Haruhi was getting very frustrated with what everyone was telling her about her beloved FD. She didn’t feel that it was slow. If it was slow, then what was fast?! She frowned, and without saying anything to Nocturnal Wolf, she turned around, passing Anri, and got into her FD. Anri looked at her worriedly, glanced at Nocturnal Wolf, and then quickly rushed to her car as Haruhi pulled out, heading home.

Back at the house, Haruhi walked into the living room to see Kevin sitting on his recliner. She hesitated, but then decided to sit on the couch and ask him a question. She wanted to know his opinion of her car. “Kevin…is my car…slow?” Kevin blinked and looked at her, obviously choosing his words carefully. “Your car is not slow, but it is…unsatisfactory as a high-speed Wangan car.” Haruhi looked at the floor sadly.

But Kevin continued. “I am glad that you are noticing such things. Because this is your last lesson as a racer: making your car satisfactory. You’re going to learn how to tune your car.” Haruhi looked up at him surprisingly. “Huh? Tuning?!” Kevin closed his eyes and said, “However, I am not the one who will be teaching you this. It’s time for you to learn from someone else. Have some variety.” Haruhi understood what he meant. “So…you want me to ask…Nick…”

Kevin didn’t answer, but Haruhi knew that that only meant that he was confirming her statement to be correct. She sat there in silence. So her car was being changed again. Which means she’d have to master it again. Oh well. If it made her a step closer to defeating Nocturnal Wolf and all the others, she’d do it. She was just afraid of the cost. Would she be able to afford it?

The next day, Haruhi had a horrible day at work. The fact that she lost to another GT-R got her down. She seriously wanted to have a rematch with him, but she needed her car to be faster apparently. When she finally got off work, seeing her car seemed to make her sad. “So…you aren’t fast enough anymore?” Her car seemed so peaceful, yet sad. It wasn’t fast enough to be a threat anymore. But soon…it would be. Right?

When she pulled up into Kevin’s driveway, she saw Nick’s GT. Nick was standing beside of it, with his shades on and his arms crossed. Haruhi stopped next to him and got out. “Uh…Nick? Is something wrong?” Nick looked at her and said, “No, nothing’s wrong, really. It’s just that I haven’t seen you for a while. Everything going alright?” Haruhi looked at her car and then looked back up at him. “Actually…I just figured out the final lesson I need to learn.” Nick raised his eyebrows with interest. “Oh yeah?”

Haruhi nodded. “Mm. My car…it…it isn’t good enough to be a Wangan car. Kevin finally told me last night. I need to tune it. Do…you know how to tune cars?” Nick looked at Haruhi’s FD and replied, “Sure I do. But I’m too busy to do tuning. Why don’t you talk to Dan about it? He made his car himself, right from scratch.” Haruhi looked quite surprised. “Oh! Okay…I’ll ask him then. Do you…know where he is?” Nick suddenly smiled really big. “Oh yeah. Definitely. Wait ‘til you see it.”

Haruhi cocked her head to the side curiously as Nick finished his sentence. “I’ll take you there. Follow me. To my garage.” He got into his GT and pulled out, with Haruhi following him as he went into the city. She sat in her FD, not knowing exactly what would happen next. All she knew was that she needed her car to be improved. And she was going to be counting on Daniel to help her do it.

This post has been edited by fettman53 on Mar 16 2009, 08:10 PM
Gunma's 34
Posted: Mar 19 2009, 01:50 AM

The R34's chosen one

Just 2 words to say to you...

RECOVER, RECOVER, WRITE!!

--------------------------------
I felt the same thing with my story... fell into a slumber as to what to write in the next chapter... I'm just not feeling it sometimes... if you gots the time, check mine out... who knows... that spark in you might light up again... laugh.gif
Meteor
Posted: Mar 19 2009, 06:49 PM

Sorry it's going so slow. Usually it would be a good thing, but I just can't seem to get myself writing anymore. But I promised someone that I'd finish this story no matter what, so make sure you keep an eye on this topic. It may take a while, but it WILL be finished.

Hmm. . . . Maybe you could try taking a small break from writing this. I would certainly like more chapters of this awesome story coming in at a rapid pace, but I think it's better that you take a small break from this. Maybe afterwards you'll end up writing like usual.

Also, if you have the time, check out my Initial D fanfic (which is stuck with only one chapter since 3rd March 2008). Who knows. . . It might make that spark in you die out tongue.gif

The latest chapter sure took a while to come out. But who cares? In the end, you put together another great read for us.

I wonder how Daniel's going to help Haruhi with the tuning. Also, I would like MOAR CHAPTERS.
fettman53
  Posted: Apr 30 2009, 02:05 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Sorry, I thought I already announced this here, but this story is coming along super-slow now due to losing two chapters to a dead hard drive. But like I said, it'll get finished. In the meantime...

-----------------------------

Haruhi: Uh...wait...you're just dropping me in here again?!

Fettman: Well...

Kevin: ............

Haruhi: Well, I haven't seen the people on here lately, so hello everyone!!! Anyone up for another race? Or maybe you'd just like to chat? Conversation is always good. *smiles*

Kevin: So she says...
Gunma's 34
Posted: May 4 2009, 07:06 AM

The R34's chosen one

Tomo - mind if I? You see... let me explain about last time. (closes GT-R door...) Remember when you faced Daiki for the first time and there's a what you call... moron-with badass skills blistering by? Well... that is me... in the blue R34... Nice to meet you. I'm Tomogashi Kitsumoro. Well... you could call me Tomo...

Kasumi - Hey, Tomo are you hitting on other girls again?

Tomo - Why would I? The one I'm talking to is already taken.

Kasumi - (embraces his arm) I was kidding. Oh... unfamiliar faces... (formal japanese gesture) Yorusuku. I am Kasumi Nadeshiko... I happen to be Tomo's ... well... suitor...

Tomo - S-suitor!? What are you talking about woman...

Kasumi - (twitches fingers at each other) Well... (blushes) a girl could dream could she?

Tomo - Anyway... Daiki told me about the place and he told me that meeting you would be a huge honor... you see... there has been rumors at a 4-man group is out terrorizing Tokyo in very unusual automobiles... Heard it was an R35, Evo X, 2k8 Impreza and 370... so...

Kasumi - Tomo... (starts to jump like a kid)... don't spoil that part yet!! We didn't get there!! Remember we're on break too on our story... Gunma's 34 is too busy manga-ing the Kyushi story... then Daiki's... then ours would be last...

Tomo - Really? Oh sorry... So... may I know your names...

Kasumi - Yeah. I'd really like to know you guys. You know us... so it's your turn...(smile)
fettman53
  Posted: May 4 2009, 02:18 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Haruhi: Haha...well, my name is Haruhi. And that's Kevin, my teacher.

Kevin: *thinking* Teacher?

Haruhi: It is very nice to meet you both. *bows* So...that team...Kasumi doesn't want you to say anything, but I'm a bit interested in it. They're using all-new cars, huh?
Gunma's 34
Posted: May 5 2009, 06:59 AM

The R34's chosen one

Tomo - Well... she stopped me since... Gunma's 34... our creator has just made a draft of the characters, the cars, but is waiting to get to that point before he could start with the storyline. We're still stuck in the Argentina story...

Kasumi - And you said nuff for the moment, suki...

Tomo - Suki?...

Kasumi - Just playing around... but yeah Haruhi... let me explain... see... this is the time when we just disbanded from our pro team and...

Tomo - I'm out for a walk... and a stare at my GT-R... *walks out*

Kasumi - There he goes again. He's like that when I start to tell of the big fuss with Daiki. Back in Hawaii, they got into a fight since Daiki was once part of this... team... this medieval team that existed a century ago. Yep. A century no lie there. And Tomo hates vital information kept secret from him. So they had a go and well... Tomo won... despite the fact that according to Hawaiian standards, his GT-R is a D-class and Daiki's 350Z tuned is a C-class, a far higher class... he decided to disband from the group... When they headed for Germany, we went back to Japan... hoping that Tomo would soon face them again... then they came...

Tomo (outside) - (looking at his GT-R) ... 34... You've grown well... (hears engine sound)... it's them again... better step in before they see me. (enters)

Kasumi - You're back? That's quick.

Tomo - No wind so no point in staying long out there. You were about to talk about THEM aren't you.

Kasumi - That's right.

Tomo - I'm taking over... (sits next to Kasumi, notices her long orange hair) Your hair's messy. (brushes it with hand, Kasumi blushed and thanked silently) Okay. *cough cough* That team... as you said... you may think they're new but they're part of that team Kasumi was just talking about. Adriana gave me all the details...

Kasumi - When was that?

Tomo - When I disbanded. You are still with the team before you planned on disbanding yourself too just to be with me.

Kasumi - ... (blushed red)

Tomo - Anyway... the team is called ROYAL BLOOD... it's a legendary team focused on all forms of racing... circuit, street, touge, wangan, rally, you name it. The current group are the current heirs and Daiki is one of them... and so is this group. That R35, EVO X, STi, and 370... they're part of it. She told me that they are called the Abolished ranks of the guild. The black R35... the Joker rank, the red Evo... the Bishop rank, the White impreza... the Rook rank, and the dark silver 370Z... the Mage Rank... As soon as we arrived and decided to run the Wangan as a breather... we encountered the Bishop that challenged us. Its aspects of performance are all top notch... and it looked like a sleeper...

Kasumi - I'm no car expert unlike you Tomo but I deduce that those cars... by stock looks only... already seem fast enough to obliterate anybody out on the wangan. Our worst fear is that it might appear in our regular touge courses as well... and probably that way... the whole of Japan has been dominated once again by the thought of modernization in mind... the newest ones always take over...

Tomo - that's why I have to stop them here in the wangan before they expand their territory... The only good news is that they're just the four ones who are part of it... no second parties involved...

Kasumi - but you can't take them on by yourself... that's why it's better that you seek help from true wangan legends.

Tomo - (Ah yes... the power of the legends... but could I really trust a girl and a four-eyed silent dude to beat the living daylights out of this abolished group who has resurrected?) So that's our story... Convincing enough for you, Haruhi?
fettman53
  Posted: May 5 2009, 01:03 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Haruhi: Well...I don't know anything about old teams like that or anything...but...if they're trying to take over all of Japan...we can't let them. No! It will be impossible for them to do such a thing! Even if people such as Kevin don't race them! There are so many great drivers out there! Like you, Tomo! And Kevin, and Jintei, and that driver in the blue 240Z...and there's Iceman...and what about in the mountains? There's Project D and Todou-Juku and Purple Shadow...there's no way this team can defeat all of them! No way! Who do they think they are, anyway?! Just listening makes me want to race them...

Kevin: Hmph...

Haruhi: What about you?

Kevin: I couldn't possibly care less. Only fools would think to do such a thing as conquer an entire island nation like that. And I have nothing to prove. Sure, I could race them and I'd most likely win...but then what's the point? *blinks tiredly*

Haruhi: You haven't even seen them drive yet and you already believe that you can win?

Kevin: Their campaign will be just like the Red Sun's campaign. They'll get a big slap in the face pretty soon.

Haruhi: Tomo! Can I participate in stopping their campaign with you as well? *bows* I'll do my best!

Kevin: But who cares? This is just kid stuff. Driving is supposed to be for fun. Don't go getting yourself into such predicaments. Just don't worry about it. And then when they come around, you can play with them and show them your skill.

Haruhi: My apologies...please ignore him. So...can I? Can I participate as well?

Anri: ME TOO ME TOO!!! *whispers to Haruhi* Participate in what?

Haruhi: *sigh*
Gunma's 34
Posted: May 5 2009, 10:27 PM

The R34's chosen one

Kasumi - Well Tomo-kun?

Tomo - (puts left palm on his chin, thinking) Hmm... well, we do need all the help we could get... besides... I heard Genjuro Densetsu and his Widebody Eclipse GSR crashed trying to keep up with the Bishop. Alright Haruhi. You're in. But it won't be easy... some of the members of the Royal Blood Guild have already succeeded, like the Elite 6... In our case, before we even showed up... Daiki had fulfilled his role as the prince and has set numerous records throughout Japan already. Likely... the rest... like Kitana, the Princess & her Lamborghini Diablo VT at Italy, Lucas Scott, the Jack & his Corvette Z06-R at US, The Archibal Father and son duo, the prince/s and their Viper & GT at Canada, Adriana Eizaguirre, the Queen and her McLaren... not to mention the most ferocious of them all... Yvannes Hopner, the King of Japan... The Abolished ranks would like to get the best of the entire turf remaining in Japan. We wouldn't want to let it fall onto the hands of this team.

Kasumi - Tomo... (sighs worringly)

Tomo - Anri. I've heard your skills from Tsuchiya Seiji and Daiki himself... your help too would be much appreciated.

(faces everyone in the room: Kasumi, Haruhi, Anri, & Kevin)

Tomo - All we could do now is wait... now if you'll excuse me, I ought to do a couple of rounds in the wangan to familiarize myself. My GT-R's at the 628 peak and would do nicely. I've made a run down the Wangan line and the 215 mph top speed is decent enough. I'll see you all later. Kasumi, best be with them for a while. (leaves)

Kasumi - (puts hands on heart watching Tomo leave; softly speaks) O-okay...
fettman53
  Posted: May 6 2009, 12:18 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Haruhi: *nods, face beaming with excitement* I understand. You can count on me!

Anri: Yeosh!!! I'll defeat them all!!!

Haruhi: Anri has skill?

Anri: Shut up...you know I'm good now.

Kevin: Come to think of it...I never really set any records...

Haruhi: Eh?! Really?!

Kevin: It's too much work...

Haruhi: *sigh* Right...you're just too uninterested to do it...

Kevin:...........

Haruhi: Er...215mph? My FD even tops out higher than that, Tomo...are you sure you're going to be okay?

Kevin: I wonder what my car tops out at...

Anri: Sh-shut up! You're scaring me! I had to work so hard to get mine to go over 210!

Kevin: Says the girl who drives a four-door sedan...who would do top-speed battles in an Altezza anyway?

Anri:..............................I would.......................

Kevin: I rest my case.

Anri: But that doesn't make any sense!

Kevin: Exactly.

Anri: What?!

Haruhi: *sigh* He means it doesn't make sense that you would do top-speed battles in an Altezza. It definitely isn't qualified for it...

Anri: Who cares?! Mine is qualified for it! I even beat that...that one guy. From Osaka. With the Lan EVO.

Haruhi: Eh...y-you mean...the leader of that "No Loser" team?!

Anri: *nods triumphantly* Hm! *turns to Tomo and winks, giving him a thumbs-up* You can count on me! BELIEVE IT!!!

Haruhi: *turns to Kevin* Y-you know...seriously...we could use your help...

Kevin: *frowns and closes eyes* I already stated my opinion on this whole thing. I will have no part of it. Remember what I told you before?

Haruhi: About?

Kevin: About how everything we do out here means nothing?

Haruhi: *looks away at the floor disappointingly*

Kevin: No one will care when we're all gone. And even now, no one cares. We're not getting paid or put in the newspaper when we set a record or defeat some legendary racer or something. I won't stop you from doing this. But I will have no part of it. If you do this, it is of your own free will, and your choice alone. I have nothing to do with it.

Haruhi: *looks at Tomo, leaving in his R34. then looks at Kasumi. then looks down at the ground and whispers to Kevin* You say it means nothing...but no one else out here thinks like you...I don't think they WANT to think like you. How could someone who doesn't care become the fastest?

Kevin: There's a difference between you and me, and all of the other racers out here too. And until that difference becomes a similarity between us, no one will ever understand why I am undefeated. And they will never defeat me as a result.

Haruhi: *grits teeth* Ksh...you don't make any sense at all! This isn't about me! It's about everyone! These people are going around acting like they're better than everyone else, and you're just going to sit by and let them humiliate everyone and show off!

Anri: Oy...stop talking about me...

Haruhi: ?

Anri: *stare*

Haruhi: *stare*

Haruhi: *stare*

Haruhi: .................Whatever...I'm going to do the right thing and stop these people. You do what you want. I guess being alone is what you're good at anyway.

Kevin: ..................

Anri: ...................STOP TALKING ABOUT ME!!!

Haruhi: I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT YOU!!!

Anri: LIAR!!!

Haruhi: PIPSQUEAK!!!

Anri: *snaps* GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin: .............*ignores Anri* You make it seem like such a big deal...but seriously, what we do out here doesn't matter. I say leave them be. It looks like they have nothing better to do. Let them have their fun.

Haruhi: *ignores Anri and grits her teeth, storming up to Kevin and getting in his face* I.......I............don't even know what to say to that! You...you're so...conceited! You don't care because it doesn't concern you! NO!!! You don't care because you know they can't beat you! But what about us?! What about ME?!! WE care! I care! And I'm going to kick their-

Anri: -Cheesecake?

Haruhi: *turns around in a huff and leaves*

Kevin: Geez...so moody.........it must be that time for her.............

This post has been edited by fettman53 on May 6 2009, 01:00 AM
Gunma's 34
Posted: May 6 2009, 05:39 AM

The R34's chosen one

Kasumi - O....kay... this feels sorta familiar... except the fact that Tomo isn't a girl nor are his friends Hiei and or Ryusen... (door slams open)

(Tomo appears)

Kasumi - that was quick. What happened?

Tomo - (shows piece of paper) Kevin... you gotta see this.

Kasumi - What is that? (sees Kanji of CHALLENGE). a CHALLENGE NOTE? Who could it possibly come from. And why do you want Kevin to read it?

Tomo - I have reasons: One. It's attached on the red S30 while we were all inside. Two, the note seems old... and three... I don't read fluent old English.

Kasumi - (sweatdrop) What could number 2 and 3 have to do with the note?

Tomo - just give it to Kevin would ya. The air outside seemed heavy somehow. It's hard for me to step outside... the feeling is well... pretty awkward... I might end up dead if I plan to cruise down the Wangan at this time.

Kasumi - Don't say that. you'll worry me. (starts to cry)

Tomo - (soft pat on the head to Kasumi; he caresses her hair as well) Don't worry. As long as we're together... I won't die. Remember: Don't fear those that can kill the body but not the soul.

Kasumi - Yeah... that... (turns to Kevin and gives it)

Tomo - I only understood one kanji there amidst all the English that is badly written... it says... erm... 'Mage' if I am not mistaken...

This post has been edited by Gunma's 34 on May 6 2009, 05:49 AM

2 Pages  1 2