Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing (Wangan Midnight OST) Speed of S30Z

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Post your requests in the pinned threads. If your request does not belong to any existent pinned threads, please start a new topic.
• Please use Post Icons when starting new topics, to state the purpose of your topic and to have a better visual classification.

NEW RELEASES: Super Eurobeat 221 (23 January 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Selection (08 February 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Non-Stop Selection (08 March 2013), Initial D Fifth Stage Sound File (08 March 2013), Super Eurobeat 222 (20 March 2013)

Special Link(s): EUROBEAT.go2id (SEB Album Collection Site) (New Site), Revive Music Section (Donation Tracker)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

4 Pages  1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 29,144  ·  Replies: 99 
> Super Eurobeat 204, Official Discussion Thread - June 2, 2010
Fad
Posted: Jun 2 2010, 01:32 AM

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 7,924

Thanks, I just had a quick look and I really haven`t got the time or patience to do that laugh.gif

that in combinanation with the fact that there isn`t too much on there just sealed that for me.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Todeshornisse
Posted: Jun 2 2010, 08:32 AM

SBK on Tour

Member No.: 11,698

Yah. The day for new eurobeat has come! grin2.gif
EuroShare
Posted: Jun 2 2010, 10:18 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 35,300

Hi here is my ripping SEB 204, you guys are great!
This album is my link to buy my CD
http://rapidshare.com/files/374762859/SEB204.rar.html

and my cd, i bought Japan on cd store
thanks! biggrin.gif
Todeshornisse
Posted: Jun 2 2010, 10:28 AM

SBK on Tour

Member No.: 11,698

You made my day. Thanks.
Perry
Posted: Jun 2 2010, 04:00 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (EuroShare @ 5 hours, 41 minutes ago)
Hi here is my ripping SEB 204, you guys are great!
This album is my link to buy my CD

and my cd, i bought Japan on cd store
thanks! biggrin.gif

Thanks for sharing!! smile.gif

Did you use babelfish to translate? laugh.gif Anyways, thanks again!!
BladeRider
Posted: Jun 2 2010, 06:58 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 33,261

Ace's Don't Stop The Dance quite catchy. laugh.gif
Stella's Forever Fly quite nice. w00t2.gif
mamorunl
Posted: Jun 3 2010, 01:32 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 35,137

I only listened to the first 3 or so before I went to bed but it sounds good so far. Will listen some more when I have the time and am back at my own pc

Thank you very much for sharing
the_game1986
Posted: Jun 3 2010, 03:35 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 28,064

Thanks for sharing this SEB ^^
mamorunl
Posted: Jun 3 2010, 05:19 AM

IDW God Member

This is the best SEB that I have heard. How do I buy this? biggrin.gif
ojspooh
Posted: Jun 3 2010, 06:26 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 31,472

Thank you for sharing!

I really want to hear LOLITA's new song!!! pinch2.gif
Shoka
Posted: Jun 3 2010, 07:58 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 30,319

Just to see the artists make me wanna listen to this. great songs.
thanks for sharing.
ShadowthaHedgehog
Posted: Jun 3 2010, 11:45 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 23,527

Does anyone have the scans for this album?! I need lyrics!
justxsongs
Posted: Jun 3 2010, 07:42 PM

FUCK

Member No.: 32,783

Where to buy, instead of downloading
kyonpalm
Posted: Jun 3 2010, 10:41 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (justxsongs @ 2 hours, 59 minutes ago)
Where to buy, instead of downloading

One good place to buy is CD Japan:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=AVCD-10204
mamorunl
Posted: Jun 4 2010, 03:57 AM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (KyonPalm @ 5 hours, 16 minutes ago)
One good place to buy is CD Japan:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=AVCD-10204

Thank you very much! smile.gif

Ordered the CD biggrin.gif
smailecho
Posted: Jun 4 2010, 07:56 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 35,512

I don't like this 203 the song ermm2.gif
Ronnie
Posted: Jun 4 2010, 11:37 AM

桜兔

Member No.: 22,053

Thanks for making my weekend awesome! laugh.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Posted: Jun 5 2010, 06:53 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 35,561

QUOTE (smailecho @ Yesterday, 7:56 AM)
I don't like this 203 the song ermm2.gif

I agree with you!

I agree with with you all the time!
Ronnie
Posted: Jun 6 2010, 12:44 AM

桜兔

Wow.... I can't believe I'm saying this but this entire album is so incredibly mediocre!

I mean apart from I Won't Fall Apart None of these songs really stand out and sound so generic some of them feel disjointed like they had several sound bites and just threw them together.

I mean they are not terrible songs but I can hardly say I'm toe tapping to Cataclysm Night or Bang Bang. I may have to give this a more thorough listen to but as far as first impressions go this is not good.
kyonpalm
Posted: Jun 6 2010, 01:28 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Here we are again, with this month's issue of Super Eurobeat Magazine Series.
Seriously, with volumes coming out each month, it's like a magazine. It's been this way for so long, I can't believe I haven't heard anyone make the comparison!
Anyway volume 203 was so good, it confirmed my feelings for this SEB decade, and so I listened to this volume with high hopes.
Sadly, (like 202 was, compared to 201) although this was a great album as a whole, there weren't really many standouts.
Don't let that give you the wrong idea about my views on this album, though! I think it's great, so let's just get on with the review now.

01. Jager - I Won't Fall Apart
Rating: 9.5/10

Woah, now this is a strong start! I'd never heard of Jager before, so this was a pleasant surprise.
The synth riff is pretty nice and driving. The bridge is very nice and the chorus is one of the catchiest I've come across in a while!
It's absolutely amazing, and the production value is very high here too. I love the drum break when it goes from bridge to chorus, it just fits so perfectly!
The second half of the chorus is also a welcome surprise, since it breaks just a little bit from the traditional eurobeat formula.
If there's one thing I can give today's eurobeat, it's that it's not afraid to get a bit experimental, and that's a very good thing, especially when most of these songs end up sounding great!
This is an amazing song, and a great way to start the album.

user posted image

~~~

02. Stella - Forever Fly
Rating: 7/10

Very good intro here, first of all. Gives you a good idea about the dreamy mood of the song.
It's not really anything special, at least not until the chorus comes along, which is pretty great.
Vocals here are pretty amazing too, especially in the chorus. Stella really shines in this song.
Despite how good the chorus is, and the great mood, though, it's not really anything I would listen to very often. I wish I had more to say.

user posted image

~~~

03. Powerful T. - Face The Race
Rating: 7.25/10

"WOO Powerful T.! WOO nice intro! WOO-- wait that's kinda generic."
Even though (for the most part) this has "typical A-Beat C" all over it, it's still a great and strong song.
Great verse, and the bridge leads the way to the chorus nicely. Great guitar solo, as usual for A-Beat, and T's vocals are still top notch!
Long story short, I approve of this song. Not many deserve the name Powerful T. on them, you know.

user posted image

~~~

04. Lolita - Good Love & Mystery
Rating: 6.5/10

Haha, man, her voice hasn't lost it at all.
This is pretty good, and keeps with Lolita's style totally. I find that you really have to be a fan of that style to like (or at least appreciate) her songs.
It's a pretty interesting song, but not really something that'd make it on my non-stop playlist.
That said, I wouldn't mind coming across this song on a megamix or something in the future.
It's pretty good, and production value is high too, so that's nice.

user posted image

~~~

05. Manuel - All Is Magic
Rating: 8/10

Wow, now THAT'S a good intro! If there's one word that could describe Manuel's voice, it's WILD. In fact, I think that describes it perfectly.
Pretty great synth riff, awesome verse, decent bridge, but the chorus seems like it's from a different song!
It's pretty awkward, but I really like it somehow. It's strange, but this song comes together nicely.
This is Manuel's first song at Dima Music, and I'd say it's a very nice start. I can't wait to hear more!

user posted image

~~~

06. Mela - Sandy
Rating: 7.75/10

AMAZING INTRO. Just oozes awesome.
I love the bridge so much, and the chorus is nice and enjoyable.
Considering Boom Boom Beat's style and, well, BOOM BOOM BEATS, it seems a bit off in a song like this that focuses on melody, rather than rhythm.
The synths (riff and background) are a GREAT fit for this song though, and I love the break about three and a half minutes in.
If this song were produced twenty years ago, it'd still sound this good. Mainly because Asia Records' sound was perfect for this back then.
Now, I'll be honest, as far as the name Mela goes, this is no "Help Me". But then again, it's not 1989 now is it?

user posted image

~~~

07. Danny Rock - Rainbow
Rating: 8.25/10

"What's this? Even MORE BoomBoomBeat?! And this time it's Farina? F**k yeah!"
Compared to a song like Sandy, this song is much more suited for the style and hardcore beats that BBB has to offer.
Great verse and bridge, and an amazing chorus are all accompanied by Farina's rough-n-tough vocals, which (unlike a few artists who have been around as long as him) haven't diminished once in over twenty years.
There's so many things about this song to like... it's just so likable, what can I say - just another great SAIFAM production like most of the others.

user posted image

~~~

08. Cindy - Squeeze Me

"Something HRG this way comes... please for the love of all that is holy, don't lose the sanity you had last time with I Am A Liar...!"
Luckily, they didn't. That's not to say I don't like insanity. It's perfectly fine, as long as it's a good song. It's just that a lot of HRG's stuff seems to be crazy for the sake of crazy, without too much regard for variety in melodies.
Anyway, this is a pretty good song. I really love the bridge, and the chorus isn't too bad either.
Nothing TOO special, but I can appreciate this song for what it's worth completely, and it's pretty darn good.

user posted image

~~~

09. Paul Harris - Bang Bang
Rating: 8.25/10

Well I think it's official - I'm no fan of those synths.
More specifically, whatever kind of synth they're using in that riff. It's a good riff, but I don't like that saw-like synth, or whatever it is.
Anyway, Paul Harris has always been pretty good in my opinion, and Delta's very strong right now, so I went into this song with some hopes.
I have no idea why, but they weren't met the first time I listened to this song. I couldn't appreciate just how epic the chorus is, I guess.
Compared to the chorus, not much else about this song is anything to write home about, but really it's not bad at all.
It's just that the chorus... is so awesome. And Paul's vocals are crisp as usual, too. He's perfect for this song, in every way.

user posted image

~~~

10. Melissa White - Promised Discoland

Heh, I kinda went into this song expecting it to be one of the best tracks on the album, because it had Disco in the title (I'm a big fan of Disco-infused Eurobeat).
Sadly this has absolutely nothing on Phil & Linda, so I was a bit disappointed. That said, this is a pretty great song anyway!
It's just Melissa White's style, and is another song I wouldn't mind hearing on a megamix sometime.
But even still, this song doesn't do anything to venture too far from traditional formula, so I wish I had more to say about this track, but I don't.

user posted image

~~~

11. Joe Banana - Cataclysm Night
Rating: 8.5/10

Remember when I said HRG tends to be crazy for the sake of crazy? Throw that out the window on this track. This is a controlled blaze here.
Man, I'm really impressed by this song. The bridge is chaotic, awesome, and epic all at the same time.
Mr. Banana's vocals in the chorus are just plain unbelievable! I love that style so much, in this type of song. I mean, when his voice does that wobbly-or-whatever-thing at "A new era for the world", it's just great.
Come to think of it, Joe Banana tracks have always been pretty great, especially Dum Dum Pistol, so it's good to see that trend continuing.
This song joins that small, exclusive list of HRG Attack songs that I'll listen to non-stop any day! Just amazing.

user posted image

~~~

12. M.O.V. featuring Frankie - Heat Me Up
Rating: 9/10

"Another newcomer, eh? This could be good, if Jager's any indication." Boy was I right.
I don't know much about this artist, but his voice (and honestly, the whole verse) reminds me so much of Dead Or Alive, it's scary... but more importantly, cool.
And "cool" describes the chorus to a T. This song is awesome, and production value is sky-high. I'm loving the instruments being used here.
It's only five minutes long, but it could be ten and I'd love it just as much.

user posted image

~~~

13. MAX - Tora Tora Tora (2010 Year of the Tiger Remix)
Rating: 6/10

*sigh* And I thought Good Love And Mystery was the low point of this album.
I was never a big fan of Tora Tora Tora. It's a decent enough song, but just so damn overplayed, I can't even enjoy it's awesome synth riff anymore.
At any rate, this remake is VERY nicely done. If only all remakes were produced this well.
This isn't what TTT would sound like if it were produced now, it's the real TTT, just recreated and updated with today's instruments. Now that's how it's done.

user posted image

~~~

14. Ace - Don't Stop The Dance (Vintage 2001 Deluxe Version)
Rating: 10/10

WHAT THE F**K IS THIS I DON'T EVEN.
This song... is just heaven. I think that's exactly the way to put it. The mood, and Ace's clear vocals... yeah that sounds right.
This song is a shining example of why we NEED the return of Eurobeat SINGLES. Vinyl, CD, MP3, I don't care! Just imagine if we had this song almost a decade ago when it was made! Unreal.
Anyway, I LOVE the piano, and the percussion is a really great touch. The melody of this song is so amazing, I'm speechless. I could listen to this song for an hour.
As long as it can be pulled of as well as this one was, I would love to see more ARR-N-BEE remixes of eurobeat songs. I mean, this is a shining example of how great a lot of eurobeat songs can sound when slowed down!
This, like Diabolik on 203, is another "perfect" song. I wouldn't do anything to this. An mindblowing way to end the album, for sure.

user posted image

~~~

TOTAL SCORE: 110/140

At first, I was somewhat disappointed in the volume as a whole, but (especially compared to past volumes) this is still a great album with plenty of gems and not many low points at all.
I'm definitely still optimistic about the SEB decade, and will be looking forward to hearing 205 for sure.
Seiji
Posted: Jun 6 2010, 02:46 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 21,839

QUOTE (KyonPalm @ 1 hour, 18 minutes ago)
I would love to see more ARR-N-BEE remixes of eurobeat songs.

Well I sure don't want to see that happening !!! It already pisses me off that half, or even more than half of the songs they play over here on several radio stations is R&B (I deeply hate R&B and everything related to it). mad.gif So the last thing I want to see is R&B slipping into my beloved Eurobeat world and slowly spreading its tentacles there as well !

Thus, I don't like this remix one bit. Maybe I would, partially, if it was the first time ever hearing the song. But putting the original extended version (which I so adore) next to it makes me cry. This is one of those remixes that I will never play again. Gets a big fat 0/10 from me, as well as the title of worst song on the 200s so far !

SEB 204 is a pretty mediocore album. For me it has no instant big hits like the previous 3 albums did. BUT, in the end, I do am positively surprised by the 204, because I didn't really like the samples. A couple of songs turned out to be much better than I was expecting (Sandy for example), and others did just the opposite (All is Magic). I'll listen to the album a couple more times before I give scores.
Ronnie
Posted: Jun 6 2010, 09:26 AM

桜兔

Good review KyonPalm although I thought you were a little generous with those scores, but everyone to their own I guess.

What are you going to do when you run out of those images? LOL grin2.gif
kyonpalm
Posted: Jun 6 2010, 11:16 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Like Ronnie says, to each his own.
And yeah, I kinda ran out of images. Time to go get more reactionfaces...
Alastair
Posted: Jun 6 2010, 05:15 PM

SNTS

Member No.: 27,312

i would really like to see the instrumentals
kyonpalm
Posted: Jun 6 2010, 05:39 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Alastair @ 24 minutes, 16 seconds ago)
i would really like to see the instrumentals

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about those! Yeah, I'd love to get my hands on those too.

4 Pages  1 2 3 4