Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing D-Team - Speed Car

Rules and Policies
Please remember that participating in flame wars will be severely punished. General forum rules apply. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

AS Section Announcement : This subforum has been renamed to Community and General Chat from the previous name Tournaments / Teams / Locations due to the recent changes in AS section. This section will serve as a general chat forum for the Initial D Arcade Stage community from now on. By general chat, we mean topics that are not related to the game itself such as the latest tournaments, places to hang out, discussion about a certain gamer.. etc. Make yourself comfortable posting here. One last thing, NO flaming and NO spamming.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

7 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 24,720  ·  Replies: 157 
> ID6AA Philippines, We live!
DigiBunny
  Posted: Apr 19 2011, 08:40 PM

Reading is magic!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 30,700

Things are looking pretty perky compared to the V5 days.

About the online capability; while I can't read japanese, I'm fairly certain that the "Offline" text that accompanies my card exiting the machine means that Trinoma's cabs are offline.
IronShounen
Posted: Apr 19 2011, 08:47 PM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,178

Well, I talked to the technicians in TZ Ermita and all they said was "There's still no news about that."

I really hope we do get an internet connection. All the features we're missing out on are awesome! D:
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Apr 19 2011, 10:43 PM

The Dozuki Master

Member No.: 20,372

We'll never get online anyway. That's a certainty.

Anyway, I'm currently inactive but will resume playing in May. I'm still racking my brains over the videos I've DL-ed so far. I certainly hope ID6AA will be kinder to me when I return, just as ID5 was kind enough for me (until some NA spinning triangle bumped me off Irohazaka DH's #1 spot back then).
DigiBunny
  Posted: Apr 19 2011, 11:19 PM

Reading is magic!

Don't be too certain.
I was sitting around with my head up my rectum completely convinced that since we didn't get 2.0 for V5, V6 was a nonzero, but insignificant possibility.

IronShounen
Posted: Apr 20 2011, 05:54 AM

IDW Full Member

Bad news for the players in Ermita including myself (As I live in Robinsons Place Residence in Ermita, TZ is just a couple of minutes away.) D6AA machines will be moved to G4 as said by the TZ staff.

Such a shame. I might retire until they upgrade the incoming ID5. Sad.. And I was just nearing Lv 60..
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Apr 20 2011, 06:13 AM

The Dozuki Master

When Timezone says something like "not sure", 99.99% of the time, it is a "no way" for them. In addition to that, Sega DOES NOT include PHL/PHI in their area codes, so online is a lost cause for us.

Now that's a bit of a good news for me. Glorietta's pretty accessible from my location.

Looks like I'll resume playing earlier than planned. Hopefully the machines are at G4 by Easter Sunday.
IronShounen
Posted: Apr 20 2011, 06:25 AM

IDW Full Member

Delivery day is on Saturdays so it'll probably be ready on Sunday. A warning though, one of the machines have a busted steering wheel so don't expect any decent battles or any battles at all.

Well, that's the good part for us that play here in RP Ermita, when the ID5 machines from G4 get upgraded to D6AA, the two machines will be playable and thus, in store battles!

Also, area codes are added very easily. The problem is how far we are to the main server. Which, IMO is not that far. Only reason why they didn't allow internet connection in America is cause it's too far and thus, will cause lag during online battles.

Main problem I see as to why we still don't have internet connection is language barrier. Timezone probably doesn't like the idea of hiring a translator to get the job done just for one game. I don't think they value online play for ID machines that much. IDK. That's also a reason as to why I see how D6AA will be neglected after the hype is gone if there's still no internet by then.

---

Edit:

ID Extreme Stage JP version can be played outside Japan. This is where I got my theory. If Japan seriously didn't want other countries to gain the ability to play on their servers, they would have banned IP's that are outside their country or their chosen countries like how Nexon and other game companies ban foreign IP's to reduce laggers.

This post has been edited by IronShounen on Apr 20 2011, 06:35 AM
DigiBunny
  Posted: Apr 20 2011, 03:50 PM

Reading is magic!

QUOTE (IronShounen @ 9 hours, 24 minutes ago)
Delivery day is on Saturdays so it'll probably be ready on Sunday. A warning though, one of the machines have a busted steering wheel so don't expect any decent battles or any battles at all.

Well, that's the good part for us that play here in RP Ermita, when the ID5 machines from G4 get upgraded to D6AA, the two machines will be playable and thus, in store battles!

Also, area codes are added very easily. The problem is how far we are to the main server. Which, IMO is not that far. Only reason why they didn't allow internet connection in America is cause it's too far and thus, will cause lag during online battles.

Main problem I see as to why we still don't have internet connection is language barrier. Timezone probably doesn't like the idea of hiring a translator to get the job done just for one game. I don't think they value online play for ID machines that much. IDK. That's also a reason as to why I see how D6AA will be neglected after the hype is gone if there's still no internet by then.

---

Edit:

ID Extreme Stage JP version can be played outside Japan. This is where I got my theory. If Japan seriously didn't want other countries to gain the ability to play on their servers, they would have banned IP's that are outside their country or their chosen countries like how Nexon and other game companies ban foreign IP's to reduce laggers.

That explains why I couldn't access MapleGlobal here. *Snorts*

All things considered, I might keep going to Trinoma even if G4 gets the cabs. In Arena there are minimal children running around to screw things over. Unlike in G4 where the cabs are positioned in such a way that they scream " HEY! LOOK AT ME! I'M BREAKABLE!" I'd rather have my machines worn down by people who pay to use them.

In the end, I suppose we'll just have to see how bad the wheel is. If it's just a lack of feedback, I could probably deal with that. If it's schwoopy loopy like a troll with magnets, then yeah. I'm making every V6 game a privilege I have to work to get.

Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Apr 20 2011, 05:58 PM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Member No.: 5,284

QUOTE (brian_infinispirit @ Yesterday, 10:13 PM)
When Timezone says something like "not sure", 99.99% of the time, it is a "no way" for them. In addition to that, Sega DOES NOT include PHL/PHI in their area codes, so online is a lost cause for us.

Now that's a bit of a good news for me. Glorietta's pretty accessible from my location.

Looks like I'll resume playing earlier than planned. Hopefully the machines are at G4 by Easter Sunday.

user posted image

There is an "area" for Other Area. So even if there's no PHI or PHL specific area code, there is still a chance for you guys to get online, just tagged to Other Area.
IronShounen
Posted: Apr 20 2011, 06:15 PM

IDW Full Member

^ That.

Just like I said, SEGA is just taking their sweet time finding out whether our internet speed is up to par or not and whether or not Time Zone is going to buy the fastest available internet connection that SEGA requires in order to play online.

In the end, I suppose we'll just have to see how bad the wheel is. If it's just a lack of feedback, I could probably deal with that. If it's schwoopy loopy like a troll with magnets, then yeah. I'm making every V6 game a privilege I have to work to get.

If my time in Akina is originally 3'08"8xx on the good machine, my time goes up to 3'15"xxx on the other one.

The problem is a bit hard to explain but I'll try anyway.

When the wheel is center (car is going straight) there's a 2 inch gap in there where you can't balance the car, thus keeping it straight. It also sucks when you need to maintain your drift during a turn since sometimes, you need to keep the wheel at the center. It either oversteers a bit or understeers due to that "gap".

I tried telling the technician but he really doesn't know what to do. IMO, the wheel is busted and needs to be replaced. Adjusting the force feedback nor aligning the wheel did no fix.

This post has been edited by IronShounen on Apr 20 2011, 06:21 PM
Akii
Posted: Apr 20 2011, 06:18 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 34,416

What's the max speed of your internet connection?
IronShounen
Posted: Apr 20 2011, 06:25 PM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (Akii @ 7 minutes, 6 seconds ago)
What's the max speed of your internet connection?

Best is 100mbps but the rate is at 14000 Philippine Pesos per month. Saw it in a techie thread sometime ago. It was being offered by Globe broadband if I'm not mistaken.

This post has been edited by IronShounen on Apr 20 2011, 06:25 PM
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Apr 24 2011, 01:52 AM

The Dozuki Master

Still no ID6AA machines in Glorietta. I wonder when they'll actually do the machine transfers.
DigiBunny
  Posted: Apr 24 2011, 02:31 AM

Reading is magic!

Finals are done on friday. I'll check then.
IronShounen
Posted: Apr 25 2011, 06:47 AM

IDW Full Member

Actually, I just visited them last Sunday. Staff said they moved the date where they relocate the machines. Sometime next week will be the day the machines hit G4. Sad, I have exams this week. :|
DigiBunny
  Posted: Apr 25 2011, 08:15 AM

Reading is magic!

Acceptable, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm amused that my card name is recognized out of the forums. *chuckle*
john_takumi86
Posted: Apr 29 2011, 04:44 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 31,217

I remembered in V4 that we were on Other Asia category. And if it is that possible in ID6, I guess ID community will be happy to hear that..Connection to the server I guess is the concerned.

I visit G4 yesterday and the ID6 machine was already there. That's good news for people near G4 especially to brian_infinispirit and DigiBunny, and also me..hehehehe... happy.gif
DigiBunny
  Posted: Apr 30 2011, 07:17 AM

Reading is magic!

I confirm this. The right cab also, has no flaws.
john_takumi86
Posted: Apr 30 2011, 08:55 AM

IDW Special Member

did you go to g4? I guess I saw you..hehe
DigiBunny
  Posted: Apr 30 2011, 09:17 AM

Reading is magic!

You may have; I was the guy with a white T shirt and a black bag. I probably wouldn't have noticed though; Too focused onthe game. >_>
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Apr 30 2011, 07:40 PM

The Dozuki Master

I don't know if I even want to play as of late.

I've lost the urge to do so considering after sitting near the top in the country in ID5, I'm now DEAD LAST in ID6AA.
DigiBunny
  Posted: Apr 30 2011, 08:39 PM

Reading is magic!

You gotta start somewhere. There's no rocket ladder to the top for ID; especially since things change drastically from version to version.

I say if you're still single and happy, go for it.
john_takumi86
Posted: May 1 2011, 10:14 AM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ Yesterday, 9:17 AM)
You may have; I was the guy with a white T shirt and a black bag. I probably wouldn't have noticed though; Too focused onthe game. >_>

confirmed..It was you..hehehe..I guess you didn't played yet when I'm still there... happy.gif
brian_infinispirit
Posted: May 2 2011, 08:32 AM

The Dozuki Master

Since we still don't have online yet (and probably won't)...

I guess we all have to turn "Accept Challengers" on. The good thing here in ID6AA is that, win or lose, you still get a substantial amount of points. Unlike in previous versions, wherein if you lose, you only get a small amount of points.

Oh and I remembered I myself need to keep it ON all the time. LOL. I really want my card's avatar to change into something like the one I had back in ID4.
DigiBunny
  Posted: May 3 2011, 01:50 AM

Reading is magic!

I'm once again Ki- QUEEN of Iro. Queen. Yeah.

Usui and Iro at any rate, are mine for now. I'm confident I can steal Akina from that NSX; it's only a matter of time and footwork.

Wow this is refreshing. Unlike V5 where I'd pull my hair out trying to figure out what the hell I was doing wrong, it's clearly visible what I'm doing.

I WILL however, be taking a month long break from playing around. I spent a little too much on my games, so I'll have to balance it out with minimalist living again. Looks like it'll be Sketchpads and Pencils for entertainment after school.

Not that that's a BAD thing.

7 Pages  1 2 3 »