Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing GTS feat. mink - Everlasting Love

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

15 Pages  « 13 14 15  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 277,467  ·  Replies: 372 
> 新劇場版 Initial D Legend 2 Movie 2015.05.23, Trilogy Part Two Legend 2 Racer 闘走
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 15 2016, 07:59 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (Snowflake172 @ 4 hours, 43 minutes ago)
No, you're not alone at all. The Legend movies are great IMO but it's just the certain fanboys who get butthurt because the movies aren't to their exact liking. facepalm.gif

The animation is top notch compared to what we got with Final and Fifth Stage.

My only gripes with the movies is that they were far too short (you could almost combine all 3 and have a proper full length feature film) and I am still not fully on-board with the cast being changed (AFAIK the only one who did voice work on previous Initial D stuff who was in the movies is the guy who voiced Keisuke in Legend, he voiced Shinigami from Fifth and Final Stage).
xiao
  Posted: Apr 15 2016, 09:17 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (Metamorphic @ 1 hour, 33 minutes ago)
Bozz my man!! It's been a long time. I didnt mind it was only the voices that threw me off.

Hoooooly moly!?!? Meta~!! duuuuuuuuuude~ ohmy.gif

Are you still piloting the Strike Freedom when not drifting the olde~ cherry red RX-8 man?? awesome.gif

WB, you probably don't remember me lol~ but welcome back Meta Yamato!! xD

o-hisashiburi Metamorphic the coolest dude on the ID World!! grin2.gif

--- --- ---

@ Bozz: don't forget about the classic eurobeat too brother! The films are missing probably the most vital element to the anime, the manga couldn't even convey... the eurobeat. That makes the films a bit less enjoyable in my opinion. sad.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 15 2016, 09:23 PM

QUOTE (xiao @ 6 minutes, 19 seconds ago)

Are you still piloting the Strike Freedom when not drifting the olde~ cherry red RX-8 man?? awesome.gif

--- --- ---

@ Bozz: don't forget about the classic eurobeat too brother! The films are missing probably the most vital element to the anime, the manga couldn't even convey... the eurobeat. That makes the films a bit less enjoyable in my opinion. sad.gif

I didn't really mind the lack of eurobeat to be honest.
Metamorphic
Posted: Apr 17 2016, 01:13 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 4,338

QUOTE (xiao @ Yesterday, 3:17 PM)

--- --- ---

Haha! You know I still love that Strike Freedom! ID got me addicted to the sweet turbo sound still insist on driving a turbo even when it was time to change to a family car haha.Im married now.

Ok back to topic although Eurobeat wasnt in Legend (which added to the rush of excitement in the day) I found that Legend gets into the intricities more than the original production. Its been a while so correct me if Im wrong. I dont remember Shingo explaining that Takumi wasnt steering during the gum tape death match and was only shifting weight in the original.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
xiao
Posted: Apr 17 2016, 02:55 AM

moon bunny

lol, even as a Coordinator in disguise you're a natural~ yet anything but a Natural! laugh.gif Glad you're happily married now brother! happy.gif

Yeah you guys are right, the strong-points of the films, particularly the technical details paid to the subtle aspects of racing are given a more palatable run through over the anime, which cuts on the manga severely. Outweighing the Eurobeat of the TV show... in a sense the manga never had Eurobeat to begin with, so I'd definitely agree that it brushes closer to Shigeno that the show.

As Spaz mentioned, a film series of Project D would be amazing... as that's where the plot grows up; from a sports manga perspective anyway. It's Captain Tsubasa at the nationals playing for JFA. I dislike anything before 4th Stage, and anything after even 5th and Final I adore... though at times they make me wanna put my head to the train-tracks due to sheer boredom. I would totally buy Legend films of the Project D saga, hands down! grin2.gif

Edit: Also, I'm Mu La Flaga... just sayin' cool.gif

This post has been edited by xiao on Apr 17 2016, 02:31 PM
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 17 2016, 04:50 PM

QUOTE (xiao @ Today, 6:55 AM)
lol, even as a Coordinator in disguise you're a natural~ yet anything but a Natural! laugh.gif Glad you're happily married now brother! happy.gif

Yeah you guys are right, the strong-points of the films, particularly the technical details paid to the subtle aspects of racing are given a more palatable run through over the anime, which cuts on the manga severely. Outweighing the Eurobeat of the TV show... in a sense the manga never had Eurobeat to begin with, so I'd definitely agree that it brushes closer to Shigeno that the show.

As Spaz mentioned, a film series of Project D would be amazing... as that's where the plot grows up; from a sports manga perspective anyway. It's Captain Tsubasa at the nationals playing for JFA. I dislike anything before 4th Stage, and anything after even 5th and Final I adore... though at times they make me wanna put my head to the train-tracks due to sheer boredom. I would totally buy Legend films of the Project D saga, hands down! grin2.gif

Edit: Also, I'm Mu La Flaga... just sayin' cool.gif

The only way a Project D movie would be any good is if they heavily modify or remove pretty much everything after the races with Purple Shadow (especially the unnecessary Hojo Rin - Ryosuke - Kaori storyline). Heck, they could keep the whole thing with Rin and Ryosuke but maybe have it be about Rin having been Ryosuke's mentor and they developed a rivalry since the student overcame the mentor or something.
xiao
Posted: Apr 17 2016, 09:24 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (BOZZ @ 4 hours, 5 minutes ago)
The only way a Project D movie would be any good is if they heavily modify or remove pretty much everything after the races with Purple Shadow (especially the unnecessary Hojo Rin - Ryosuke - Kaori storyline). Heck, they could keep the whole thing with Rin and Ryosuke but maybe have it be about Rin having been Ryosuke's mentor and they developed a rivalry since the student overcame the mentor or something.

Yeah, just have it focus on the races and cut all of the emotional junk & fluff. I like the Rin and Ryosuke part where Rin was trying to ram Ryosuke and the Red Nissan Z part~ Just cut the thousand lines of blah-blah dialogue and have some short but sweet car scenes+races while they blabber-on about driving theory in their heads... that to me is 100% acceptable.

I still think the best race out of the entire anime 1st through Final Stage was the race against Tomoyuki... put that in film format panel-for-panel like the manga, heck even 4th Stage... and I can die a happy Initial Dweeb! grin2.gif

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z740oJRc9Dg )
Seri
Posted: Apr 18 2016, 03:19 AM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

Actually, I'm going to have to disagree. It was easily the best thing since Purple Shadow.

In fact, just give me a Ryosuke series building on this.

...Except not, because Shigeno can't write romance. sad.gif
xiao
  Posted: Apr 18 2016, 04:14 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Seri @ 53 minutes, 28 seconds ago)
Actually, I'm going to have to disagree. It was easily the best thing since Purple Shadow.

...Except not, because Shigeno can't write romance.  sad.gif

I wouldn't mind watching a Shoujo LoveCome starring Ryosuke as the handsome doctor... with cameo appearances by Keisuke, Tak, & the gang; plus a few goofy interspersed races between ER Rounds a'la Moero Downhill Night~ awesome.gif

Except done by someone other than Shigeno... cause he can't write comedy either. laugh.gif
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 18 2016, 09:03 AM

QUOTE (Seri @ 5 hours, 44 minutes ago)

...Except not, because Shigeno can't write romance. sad.gif

You actually liked that whole love triangle bit? It felt so tacked on and it came out of nowhere, nothing in any of the previous stages even hinted at there being stuff like that in the character's history. The only good part of that story was the R32 vs FC race with 350Z as a spectator.
xiao
Posted: Apr 18 2016, 09:34 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (BOZZ @ 21 minutes, 41 seconds ago)
You actually liked that whole love triangle bit? It felt so tacked on and it came out of nowhere...

I don't know Bozz, you could say the whole love triangle came from Ryosuke's rotary heart like a tacked-on turbo~ awesome.gif??
kyonpalm
Posted: Apr 18 2016, 12:49 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Seri @ 9 hours, 30 minutes ago)

It was the only good thing since Purple Shadow.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Seri
Posted: Apr 18 2016, 02:57 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 2 hours, 7 minutes ago)
It was the only good thing since Purple Shadow.

This is true.
kkullar
Posted: Apr 18 2016, 06:17 PM

Initial D Live Action UK Stage

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,511

2nd EK9 race is my favourite I think, but I did also really like FC vs R32, even all the storyline to go with it, it's nice finding out about a character in more detail just out of the blue, kinda reminds me of real life.

By reminds me of real life, I mean like finding out something about someone you knew for a long time, not a race to the death. ohmy.gif
xiao
Posted: Apr 18 2016, 07:17 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (kkullar @ 57 minutes, 47 seconds ago)
2nd EK9 race is my favourite I think, but I did also really like FC vs R32, even all the storyline to go with it, it's nice finding out about a character in more detail just out of the blue, kinda reminds me of real life.

By reminds me of real life, I mean like finding out something about someone you knew for a long time, not a race to the death.  ohmy.gif

Out of all the battles... I still think the one against Daiki was the most realistic.

The rev-capping mind-game, coupled with FF vs FR tire management, used against someone that outbreaks you sounds like something Shigeno copypasta'ed from a Formula 1 race.

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp5V-6lz4p0 )
Seri
Posted: Apr 19 2016, 04:00 AM

Group Icon

Personally, I will always love the Kyouko arc in its entirety. Which I just is just the Saitama arc as a whole, but whatever.

Shigeno can't write romance but he came close. Keisuke's reason for turning her down, not being able to give her 100%, is actually probably the most realistic thing in the series. laugh2.gif
xiao
Posted: Apr 19 2016, 04:17 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Seri @ 17 minutes, 3 seconds ago)
Personally, I will always love the Kyouko arc in its entirety. Which I just is just the Saitama arc as a whole, but whatever.

Shigeno can't write romance but he came close. Keisuke's reason for turning her down, not being able to give her 100%, is actually probably the most realistic thing in the series. laugh2.gif

Nonsense! He was clearly boinking Kenta on the side~!! xDD
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 19 2016, 09:04 AM

QUOTE (Seri @ 5 hours, 3 minutes ago)

Shigeno can't write romance but he came close. Keisuke's reason for turning her down, not being able to give her 100%, is actually probably the most realistic thing in the series.  laugh2.gif

The only other bit of "romance" that Shigeno did a decent job with was that dude with the NA Miata (Tohru, I think?), heck it's the only relationship til Fifth Stage that actually survived lol...

QUOTE (xiao @ 4 hours, 45 minutes ago)
Nonsense! He was clearly boinking Kenta on the side~!! xDD

Heh, I think that only occurs in Kenta's mind... tongue.gif
Rain197
Posted: Aug 24 2016, 06:18 AM

euro☆neko

Member No.: 45,553

Finally !!
Legend 2 in France w00t2.gif

http://www.alltheanime.fr/collections/comi...mbo-blu-ray-dvd
Rain197
Posted: Oct 1 2016, 12:29 PM

euro☆neko

I've pre-ordered it, release date : 26th october happy.gif
But no bonuses crying2.gif
Rain197
Posted: Oct 24 2016, 06:02 AM

euro☆neko

Index page of @Anime
Now is missing Legend 3 happy.gif

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1920 x 1080. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
KevinMCMXXCIX
Posted: Nov 5 2016, 10:19 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 40,717

Thanks for the link! Downloading it right now happy.gif
rlan214
Posted: Sep 14 2017, 04:05 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 812

anyone else have a working link ? that mega link saying file too big