Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Nuage - Shine

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

4 Pages  1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 10,416  ·  Replies: 83 
> SCCA Rallycross!, 2011 Championship Finale / 2012 Stock AWD
flohtingPoint
Posted: Jul 24 2011, 10:55 AM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,944

QUOTE (Ayako Watanabe @ Jun 11 2011, 06:17 PM)
Holy sh*t Bubs you moving up! Wish I can get going on my project. Having a issue with the Z ( which was my fault ) and had came across errors here and there. Hopefully I'll go better this time around.

Wish you the best of luck man. Keep at it!

It's not about "wishing to get going," it's all about motivation and Bubs has it in spades. He's out there with a piece of poop and getting after it, which is the heart of amateur motorsports (getting out on the weekend and throwing down) and also one of the best ways to learn. Forget about what you have on hand, get out there and get seat time. Spending time in the garage tinkering with stuff that you have no idea will affect the car's performance is a waste of time.

This post has been edited by flohtingPoint on Jul 24 2011, 11:50 AM
Jardim
Posted: Jul 24 2011, 04:37 PM

Willing to throw 5's on the blunt your smoking.

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 15,519

QUOTE (Bubs)
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 600. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Is that Franconia Notch?

QUOTE (Floh)
It's not about "wishing to get going," it's all about motivation and Bubs has it in spades. He's out there with a piece of poop and getting after it, which is the heart of amateur motorsports (getting out on the weekend and throwing down) and also one of the best ways to learn. Forget about what you have on hand, get out there and get seat time. Spending time in the garage tinkering with stuff that you have no idea will affect the car's performance is a waste of time.

Hey, i wanna get started, can you cover all my expanses and work hours for me floh? it would help about 75 percent, the other 25 being sleep.

This post has been edited by Jardim on Jul 24 2011, 04:40 PM
flohtingPoint
Posted: Jul 24 2011, 05:17 PM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,944

QUOTE (Jardim @ 40 minutes, 18 seconds ago)

QUOTE (Floh)

Hey, i wanna get started, can you cover all my expanses and work hours for me floh? it would help about 75 percent, the other 25 being sleep.

Nope, but you can do what Bubs is doing and live within your means. I lived with a very tiny budget for years when I was in the military, probably on a budget worse than Bubs'.

As far as time goes, if I can make time for motorsports being a senior engineer in charge of several department of defense projects, anyone can. I am monstrously busy all the time and my job is 100% travel (monday morning through friday evening I'm at a remote site and no where near home), so that means the only chance I have to work on the kart is either an off weekend or on the eve of raceday. You'll be hard pressed to find someone more busy than myself. Hell, for the National Championship I'm shipping one kart out ahead of time to a worksite I'm at so I can do last minute changes to it, all while having my backup chassis brought to the championship site by a friend.

This post has been edited by flohtingPoint on Jul 24 2011, 05:18 PM
Jardim
Posted: Jul 24 2011, 07:05 PM

Yeah, on my end is almost the same, Up at 6, working by 8 home by 6, saturday untill 12 then where did all my energy go, oh bills? CV joints? i wish the week had 8 days with sunday being repeated twice.
Bubs
  Posted: Aug 1 2011, 11:41 AM

Plep

Member No.: 1,079

Racing Against Leukemia; Help a Great Cause!
-Someone has already donated! Right on!

Racing Against Leukemia is a weekend-long charity event with all SCCA Programs hosting events, with all of the proceeds going toward research to find a cure. If you are able to help donate to a great cause, check out the above link! Thank you so much.

As for current progress, I'm looking forward to a great weekend coming up. New wheel bearings are going on the car today as preventative maintenance.

RAL Weekend starts on Friday, when I start my first ever TSD Road Rally. I managed to find a lady friend to be my navigator; neither of us have any experience in TSD Rallies so this ought to be hilarious!

RAL Weekend continues on Saturday with the DoubleCross. The DoubleX combines Solo(Autocross) and Rallycross with two runs of each discipline. Times for all runs are combined, lowest total time wins! Competitors can either find a co-driver and share a prepared Solo car / RallyX car for each, or just put some street tires on their Rallycross car as I'm doing. These will be my first ever paved competition run, looking forward to it!

Sunday morning is my regularly scheduled Rallycross points event!

This post has been edited by Bubs on Aug 1 2011, 01:45 PM
Spaz
Posted: Aug 2 2011, 08:37 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

But, will it be this hilarious?

user posted image
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Bubs
  Posted: Aug 2 2011, 10:13 AM

Plep

QUOTE (cmspaz @ 1 hour, 35 minutes ago)
But, will it be this hilarious?

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e230/cms...744_468x319.jpg

I'm liking that reference; love that episode as well!

Interestingly enough, I'll also be doing my first ever TSD Road Rally with a similarly rally-inexperienced (and similarly cute!) young woman, in an old blue car bought at auction on a tight budget and done up in rally decals. awesome.gif
Jardim
Posted: Aug 2 2011, 01:46 PM

QUOTE (Bubs @ 3 hours, 33 minutes ago)
(and similarly cute!)

You'll be getting it in if you win, ya know what i mean? :wink:
Bubs
  Posted: Aug 3 2011, 11:20 AM

Plep

QUOTE (Jardim @ Yesterday, 2:46 PM)
You'll be getting it in if you win, ya know what i mean? :wink:

AWWW YEAHHHH! tongue.gif

New wheely bearings! Well hot diggity!
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 600. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image

A new challenger arrives! Someone new registered in Stock Front for Sunday's RallyX, looks like I'm going to try outrunning an Eagle Talon TSI. awesome.gif

Also, I have managed to raise $130 thus far for charity! Sweeeeet!

This post has been edited by Bubs on Aug 3 2011, 11:23 AM
Bubs
  Posted: Aug 7 2011, 04:32 PM

Plep

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlIrDcn4mg4 )

RAL Weekend was pretty damn epic. I'll let the video explain.

user posted image

user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by Bubs on Aug 7 2011, 04:32 PM
backalleyracer
Posted: Aug 8 2011, 02:15 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 7,122

that was quite possible the greatest video of an amateur I have ever seen - keep that light mood going laugh.gif
Kiroshino
Posted: Aug 8 2011, 05:11 AM

IDW Goldmember
Group Icon

Member No.: 34,203

Really enjoyed the video, Bubs. Keep it up! happy.gif
Spaz
Posted: Aug 8 2011, 08:16 AM

Group Icon

Awesome vid!

How did things go with the TSi you mentioned? Did that break too? laugh.gif
Bubs
  Posted: Aug 8 2011, 08:28 AM

Plep

QUOTE (cmspaz @ 11 minutes, 21 seconds ago)
Awesome vid!

How did things go with the TSi you mentioned? Did that break too? laugh.gif

They put in some good times; they came out with an entire crew. All younger guys, apparently they are preparing it for stage rally. But, I was some 10+ seconds ahead of them by the lunch break and they couldn't recover.
Spaz
Posted: Aug 8 2011, 09:29 AM

Group Icon

Very nice.

This one's for you:
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGXzlRoNtHU&ob=av2e )
Mazda ina Ford guy
Posted: Aug 9 2011, 05:10 PM

333 Half Evil

Member No.: 37,098

Best. Episode. Ever.

Plus gas spectrograph confirms: Compisition=

99.9999% Win
.0001% Trace Impurities

Those old Sentras will go through damn near anything. My friend had one years ago, heaped massive abuse in the snow and dirt on it. Took his dumba** turning in to oncoming traffic to kill it!
Bubs
  Posted: Aug 15 2011, 07:57 AM

Plep

Glad you guys liked the video!

Here's everything from the weekend.

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlIrDcn4mg4 )

RAL Weekend Video (Complete)
-and-
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjZiIAhkZ-Y )

RAL Weekend - Autocross Runs!

Here's some pictures from the weekend by Jim and Chris Muise!
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Not too shabby for my first year!
user posted image
Mazda ina Ford guy
Posted: Aug 20 2011, 07:20 PM

333 Half Evil

Member No.: 37,098

Just bouncing this off you Bubs, Imo that Sentra needs.... Racing stripes! The're not rice if the car has ACTUALLY raced, right?
Bubs
  Posted: Aug 23 2011, 02:14 PM

Plep

Since I sold the Versa, the Sentra has been my daily driver. I am currently first in championship points for the 2011 NER Rallycross Championship in Stock FWD, two more events this season so let's see if I can hang onto that lead!
user posted image

user posted image

The Sentra should hold up just fine for the final races, and at that point I am hoping to sell it to another person who wants to start Rallycross, or even sell it to a 24 Hours of LeMons team for $500 ($300 if they will let me be a driver for an event!). I just want the car to stay in motorsport; to be honest I would rather see it get smashed up at a LeMons race than sell it to some random person who will scrap it the morning it fails to start.

Know any LeMons teams looking for a car? wink2.gif

This post has been edited by Bubs on Nov 12 2011, 08:24 AM
Jardim
Posted: Aug 23 2011, 03:31 PM

Clean interor is clean man makes me wanna drive it. Good find
RalliKai
Posted: Aug 24 2011, 10:13 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

That is definitely one of the cleaner early 90s Legacy's I've seen in recent years. Good purchase Bubs. Good luck in your upcoming competitions. smile.gif

This post has been edited by RalliKai on Aug 24 2011, 10:15 AM
oneroundflare
Posted: Sep 2 2011, 12:21 AM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,041

random but thats dope ass legacy.
and nissan sentra gangster. lolz!! laugh.gif laugh.gif
Bubs
  Posted: Sep 8 2011, 05:04 PM

Plep

Looks like once the Sentra is done with Rallycross duty after December's event, a team of NER Rallycross drivers (myself included) will be stripping the car of what little extra weight it has, and taking it to compete in at least one 24 Hours of LeMons race. More info once details are worked out further. - canceled due to different priorities for other drivers
user posted image

I would much rather see it get messed up in a LeMons race than sell it to some schmuck who'll junk it the first time it doesn't start!

This post has been edited by Bubs on Nov 12 2011, 08:25 AM
Bubs
  Posted: Nov 9 2011, 05:29 PM

Plep

Don't have much time to write because I'm on a public computer, don't have broadband at the apartment yet. But, it was a great day on Sunday with another 2nd place finish and still first in points with one event to go!

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnLfzW_v7sg )

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 533. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 533. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
RalliKai
Posted: Nov 9 2011, 07:47 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

laugh.gif at 0:18. Very nice video and pics Bubs.

4 Pages  1 2 3 4