Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS1) Rich Hard - On Your Wings

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 19,734  ·  Replies: 53 
> Sentai Filmworks bringing New Initial D 1-3 to US.
Eternal Firebird
  Posted: Jul 19 2017, 06:27 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,345

So it appears Sentai Filmworks are bringing the New Initial D movies to America.

They're planning on bringing the movies on home video distribution and according to someone on the Initial D reddit there's a possibility that's it's gonna get a theatrical release (I highly doubt a theater release).

This post has been edited by Eternal Firebird on Jul 19 2017, 07:37 AM
Import_Lexus
Posted: Jul 19 2017, 09:04 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 22,550

I'm not a big fan of Sentai since a lot of the times there dubs are meh or they release in sub only. (I prefer Dub)

HOWEVER....

Since this is Initial D....I'm supporting this 100% day 1!

Sub only... Dub...doesn't matter....I'd love to own these legally, in high quality biggrin.gif

A bonus though would be that they brought the Funimation Dub Cast onto this project to give the same voice actors.

This post has been edited by Import_Lexus on Jul 19 2017, 09:05 AM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 19 2017, 09:18 AM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

As a fan of dubs, you are in the minority, and Sentai has been operating on that business model (successfully) for a long time now. In the eyes of localizers, you are a second-class citizen. FUNi is about that only company that still caters to you.

That all being said, couldn't care less. The new movies were...eh. I think I've already voiced my opinion on them before so I won't repeat it here. I'll just say the same old codger-like comment I must have said many times over...

"What about all the original series stuff we still don't have?"
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Import_Lexus
Posted: Jul 19 2017, 09:28 AM

IDW Regular Member

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 9 minutes, 26 seconds ago)
As a fan of dubs, you are in the minority, and Sentai has been operating on that business model (successfully) for a long time now. In the eyes of localizers, you are a second-class citizen. FUNi is about that only company that still caters to you.

That all being said, couldn't care less. The new movies were...eh. I think I've already voiced my opinion on them before so I won't repeat it here. I'll just say the same old codger-like comment I must have said many times over...

"What about all the original series stuff we still don't have?"

Lets not forget about Viz. They also do Dubs...excellent Dubs.

I remembered why I'm so salty with Sentai.

1. Clannad Dub was horrible in my opinion. The original Japanese had so much emotion. The Dub Sentai did....was so amateur in my opinion.
2. Rin-Ne...a series I was waiting for since I love Inuyasha....expecting it to be licensed by Viz....it went to Sentai instead...and what annoyed me most was the Sub only release. So I just didn't buy it.

However...one release I did enjoy from them in Dub form and I bought was Angel Beats. They did a good job on that release in my opinion.

But like I said...since this is Initial D...I'll make an exception since I'm hoping maybe if sales are good we could get Fifth & Final Stage? That's probably asking for too much though haha.

Anyways....I would prefer Dub if they got the Funimation cast....if not...than I'd ratehr just have Sub Only instead of them pulling off a Clannad dub.

This post has been edited by Import_Lexus on Jul 19 2017, 09:29 AM
Tessou
Posted: Jul 19 2017, 10:23 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (Eternal Firebird @ 3 hours, 55 minutes ago)
So it appears Sentai Filmworks are bringing the New Initial D movies to America.

They're planning on bringing the movies on home video distribution and according to someone on the Initial D reddit there's a possibility that's it's gonna get a theatrical release (I highly doubt a theater release).

The person in question got a standard PR response to a fan email. I asked Funimation a long time ago if they were ever going to distribute 5th and Final Stages and they gave me the same sort of non-answer. "Further licensing of Initial D will be announced when we have news."
Eternal Firebird
  Posted: Jul 19 2017, 12:35 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 47,345

QUOTE (Import_Lexus @ 3 hours, 6 minutes ago)
Anyways....I would prefer Dub if they got the Funimation cast....if not...than I'd ratehr just have Sub Only instead of them pulling off a Clannad dub.

I highly doubt if they're gonna bring the FUNimation cast if they even plan on doing a English dub version of the movies. Funimation and Sentai doesn't have a good relationship since they were in a lawsuit back in 2011-2014.
Import_Lexus
Posted: Jul 19 2017, 12:47 PM

IDW Regular Member

QUOTE (Eternal Firebird @ 12 minutes, 33 seconds ago)
I highly doubt if they're gonna bring the FUNimation cast if they even plan on doing a English dub version of the movies. Funimation and Sentai doesn't have a good relationship since they were in a lawsuit back in 2011-2014.

Oh didn't know about the lawsuit.

Well, we will see what they do. Either way we should be happy to have a official release over here and show our support for the series smile.gif

Rain197
Posted: Jul 21 2017, 11:44 AM

euro☆neko

Member No.: 45,553

And we're still missing Legend 3 in France
No rights for L3 for the moments, like 5th and Final Stage

I'm happy for you guys happy.gif

(At least, the french manga publisher confirm they'll release all 48 volumes)
JeffreySoftbark
Posted: Jul 21 2017, 07:13 PM

DJ Pon-2

Member No.: 48,221

QUOTE (Eternal Firebird @ Jul 19 2017, 10:27 AM)

This is great news smile.gif ohmy.gif I'm gonna see these if they get a theatrical release indeed
AllyTheFox
Posted: Jul 21 2017, 07:22 PM

IDPlayers Admin
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 48,490

I hope they make it like tokyopop.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 22 2017, 11:26 AM

ShiMACHaze

Someone better put you on suicide watch before you trip and cut your wrist on that edge. facepalm.gif
xiao
Posted: Jul 22 2017, 01:52 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (AllyTheFox @ Yesterday, 9:22 PM)
I hope they make it like tokyopop.

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 1 hour, 46 minutes ago)
Someone better put you on suicide watch before you trip and cut your wrist on that edge. facepalm.gif

That sounds like something the Tokyopop dub of Grim Reaper Ringo would say laugh.gif

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 848 x 480. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
cob44
Posted: Jul 22 2017, 04:43 PM

IDW Super Cool Dude

Member No.: 47,187

I'm just holding onto the frail hope that there's a legit added eurobeat mix version in there somewhere.

I really doubt it and don't expect it, but...

h o p e
xiao
Posted: Jul 22 2017, 07:12 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (cob44 @ 2 hours, 28 minutes ago)
I'm just holding onto the frail hope that there's a legit added eurobeat mix version in there somewhere.

h o p e

If ADV gets SUPER lazy ~ we could expect NO music at all ... just voice & sound FX !! ph34r.gif ???
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 22 2017, 09:38 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (cob44 @ 4 hours, 54 minutes ago)

h o p e

Stop hoping, that would literally make zero sense.
ZeetherKID77
Posted: Aug 22 2017, 12:28 PM

Move it, bucko

Member No.: 2,311

Sentai put up solicits for December and the first Legend movie is on there with dual audio.

It'll probably have a completely new dub cast but it would make sense since JP side was recast too.
fujito10
Posted: Aug 23 2017, 04:51 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 47,812

If this does get dubbed, although it's so unlikely, I think the original Funimation cast would do wonders for this.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 23 2017, 05:50 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (fujito10 @ 59 minutes, 28 seconds ago)
If this does get dubbed, although it's so unlikely, I think the original Funimation cast would do wonders for this.

It's not 'if' it gets dubbed. It is being dubbed. Look at the post right before yours. However, we don't know who will be providing voices since this is a completely different company and all.
jedivader20
Posted: Aug 24 2017, 12:57 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 48,715

I wonder how long it will take Madman Entertainment (down here in Aussieland) to license and bring this out.
ZeetherKID77
Posted: Aug 24 2017, 06:06 AM

Move it, bucko

Member No.: 2,311

The only VA from the Funimation cast I could see returning is Josh Grelle (Itsuki) since he's been in Sentai dubs before. Other than that it's likely just to be a whole new cast.

Still nice though that lightning struck twice for the franchise here, even if it's just these movies.
Import_Lexus
Posted: Aug 24 2017, 06:17 AM

IDW Regular Member

I didn't expect them to do a English DUB so this is very exciting!

Tessou
Posted: Aug 24 2017, 09:37 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Sentai and Funimation actually have a pretty good working relationship and their VAs have worked in each others' studios. There's a chance.

Eurobeat is not gonna happen.
fujito10
Posted: Aug 25 2017, 03:57 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Tessou @ Yesterday, 9:37 AM)
Sentai and Funimation actually have a pretty good working relationship and their VAs have worked in each others' studios. There's a chance.

Eurobeat is not gonna happen.

It'd be nice to see the original Funi. cast return! I liked hearing those guys. Even J. Michael Tatum as Ryosuke.
Seri
Posted: Nov 9 2017, 04:31 PM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

Here's your dub cast.

Almost everyone in the main cast is the same, except Keisuke, who is worse. (Gray G. Haddock)
fujito10
Posted: Nov 9 2017, 04:34 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Seri @ 2 minutes, 41 seconds ago)
Here's your dub cast.

Almost everyone in the main cast is the same, except Keisuke, who is worse. (Gray G. Haddock)

Beg pardon, but... heh... just where can I find the dub cast?

3 Pages  1 2 3