Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Brian Ice - I Believe In Lovin' You

Important Rules
user posted imagePost everything about Initial D Arcade Stage Ver.3 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 subforums. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 6,326  ·  Replies: 4 
> Linking Version 3 to a PC
Desmare
  Posted: Mar 26 2014, 02:38 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 43,232

Is this possible? I will be buying a set of fully working cabs in a few weeks and i want to know if its possible to edit files in the game like add your own tracks ect ect, Ive been trying to look up any related posts but have no idea where to start. Also im looking for a stack of blank Version 2 or 3 cards, anyone have any or atleast a link to where they can be purchased? Thanks.
EscapeArtist
Posted: Apr 23 2014, 08:08 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 40,880

I've got V2 and V3 cards. I'll send you a PM about it in the next few days. Not sure about computer linkage.
DigiBunny
Posted: Apr 25 2014, 06:01 AM

Reading is magic!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 30,700

Methinks not. To the extent of my experience, a game is only editable in that fashion if the creator intended for it to have user replaceable content. Otherwise all resources used in game are compiled in a format you can't just tear open.

rallyarmor
Posted: Dec 1 2014, 08:15 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 44,695

QUOTE (Desmare @ Mar 26 2014, 02:38 PM)
Is this possible? I will be buying a set of fully working cabs in a few weeks and i want to know if its possible to edit files in the game like add your own tracks ect ect, Ive been trying to look up any related posts but have no idea where to start. Also im looking for a stack of blank Version 2 or 3 cards, anyone have any or atleast a link to where they can be purchased? Thanks.

Not possible. The game files are loaded from a GD-ROM into RAM on the NAOMI 2 console. The GD-ROM is encrypted data and is decrypted by the NAOMI 2 on load.

Even if you get an unencrypted version of the game image and load it onto RAM memory, you'd be modifying computer data that will get lost once you power it off so you would end up re-patching any of those files each and every time the game loads.

About cards: You can look on ebay, there's a bunch of cards for sale.

I and other fellas on the forum may have some available for sale.

Just let us know what cards you need.
Zeketheleet
Posted: Dec 29 2014, 08:06 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 45,000

Please pm WITH cost of V3 cards