Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Majestic Flight

Important Rules
user posted imagePost everything about Initial D Arcade Stage Ver.3 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 subforums. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 8,759  ·  Replies: 4 
> Initial D 3 Network Settings
41dreams
  Posted: Jun 4 2011, 09:34 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,451

Hello I own a twin set of initial d arcade machines and I am having a problem getting them networked. When I set the game assignments for the left machine to 1st player and the machine on the right to 2nd player and restart the machine... the machine on the right has a continual message of "checking network now" and just sits there. The machine on the left side doesn't display anything. When I remove the game assignments from both machines and have them set to "undefined" instead of 1st or 2nd player they both turn on and work fine but are not networked. The network optical cables are connected and I don't see any problems with them. I'm guessing that this is something that has to do with the network settings. There are a few options: network type, Ip address and gateway. Does anyone know if this is my problem and know of the correct settings to add to the network setting options?
Miguel
  Posted: Jun 29 2013, 02:08 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 35,003

I have the same problem did you ever find out what setting to put them on???
rallyarmor
Posted: Dec 1 2014, 08:42 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 44,695

QUOTE (41dreams @ Jun 4 2011, 09:34 AM)
Hello I own a twin set of initial d arcade machines and I am having a problem getting them networked. When I set the game assignments for the left machine to 1st player and the machine on the right to 2nd player and restart the machine... the machine on the right has a continual message of "checking network now" and just sits there. The machine on the left side doesn't display anything. When I remove the game assignments from both machines and have them set to "undefined" instead of 1st or 2nd player they both turn on and work fine but are not networked. The network optical cables are connected and I don't see any problems with them. I'm guessing that this is something that has to do with the network settings. There are a few options: network type, Ip address and gateway. Does anyone know if this is my problem and know of the correct settings to add to the network setting options?

I'm probably reviving an old post but here are the settings you need to link two cabs:

Cab #1:
System Assignments:
Cabinet Type: 1Player(s)

Game Assignments:
Seat Number: 1

Cab #2:
System Assignments:
Cabinet Type: 1Player(s)

Game Assignments:
Seat Number: 2
When this is set, Game difficulty, Continue and Max Win Streak will show ----------

If you set one or both of the cabs to NO DEFINED, then the link is broken between the two cabs.

The Optical cables should be connected as so:

Cab #1 TX <-> Cab #2 RX
Cab #2 TX <-> Cab #1 RX

The network settings should not be involved for linking.
These settings are used to network boot the NAOMI 2 or connect to SEGA.net.
Rudy
Posted: Dec 2 2014, 09:29 AM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
rallyarmor
Posted: Dec 2 2014, 07:47 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 44,695

QUOTE (Rudy @ Today, 9:29 AM)
Wow, I'm surprised how each cabinet individually has to be set up. You'd think the cabinets would sense a link to another one and just self-configure. Good stuff. If 8otB sells their cabinets this info may come in handy for me whistling.gif

My twin cabs are for sale. Just the cabs, I no longer have the Consoles. smile.gif

I think the reason for the configuration being so picky is because some arcade centers just want them to be standalone cabinets so the option was available for them.