Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - time machine

Important Rules
user posted imagePost everything about Initial D Arcade Stage Ver.3 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 subforums. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 20,000  ·  Replies: 53 
> v3: The Next Step
razorsuKe
  Posted: Oct 14 2008, 10:32 PM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 12,243

Alright, I've been thinking for a long time now that if I can get a group of people who know programming, we could do some interesting stuff.

1) Make our own IR
Perry can host it and do php, we just need someone who can decode how the passwords work. icedagger mentioned that we just need the hash key.
email system and posting should be no problem after that.
I've thought of emailing sega of america but I'm pretty sure they have no authority to give us code or anything. Emailing sega of japan is pointless unless you're fluent in japanese because I'm sure an english rep would not be good enough to connect us to the right people and translate.

2) Porting the game itself
I know those guys who code ROMs and stuff are working on getting v1-3 on computer, but I actually have the GD-ROM and v1, 2 3 on those sega GD-CDs. Plus I have hundreds of blank cards and a couple card readers.
I just don't know anyone interested in connecting it to a computer and figuring things out.

So if there are people out there who can do this or figure something out, please contribute to this thread! smile.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
icedagger
Posted: Oct 14 2008, 11:48 PM

Slowpoke...

Member No.: 18,773

Is there any chance we can just ask Sega for the IR software and offer to host it elsewhere? It would save us a lot of trouble of figuring out exactly how the passwords work.

Failing that, I was thinking one of the following:
1. Collect as many accurate passwords and driver id keys as possible and try to figure out the password encoding/encryption.

2. Obtain a copy of the game and reverse engineer it to figure out how the passwords work.

I probably won't be much help figuring out the password encryption but I could probably set up a custom IR once the encryption is cracked.

---------

As for getting ID working on a computer, Naomi encryption was "cracked" earlier this year. Given the similarity of Naomi and Naomi 2 hardware, It shouldn't be long before Naomi 2 encryption is cracked.The problem is nobody has made an emulator that works at a decent speed.

Still, if somebody could decrypt the IDAS3 ROM, it should be usable to figure out how the passwords work.

EDIT:
I'm by no means an expert at this sort of thing. So somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

This post has been edited by icedagger on Oct 15 2008, 12:02 AM
redcomet121
Posted: Oct 15 2008, 05:06 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,914

I don't have this kind of knowledge but there is a person who hacked the IR right? May be that person know how IR works...
irninjah
Posted: Oct 15 2008, 05:12 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 30,186

Well uhh, In response to your whole "hacking" thing, What if you get busted or something? ...

Anyways, try asking the top dude here:

http://initial-d.info/perf/v3/perf_ranking..._name=akns_up_s

fear2.gif
redcomet121
Posted: Oct 15 2008, 05:55 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

I didn't mean that you guys should hacked SEGA but a person who get that ridiculous time may know how IR works. So he/she can post that kind of record...

And yes, the MR2 in that link is the one I mentioned about.
icedagger
Posted: Oct 15 2008, 06:11 AM

Slowpoke...

Member No.: 18,773

@irninjah:
The car performance website works by pulling the data from the ranking pages. You don't need to know how the passwords work to put up something like that.

@redcomet121:
Nope, I don't think anybody here would want to ask reyherks how he put up a hacked time. laugh.gif My best guess is he started with an existing password and tried random variations until he got something that the system accepted. It would take a while, but it would work. There's no way of controlling what time would come up though, which is why he came up with some ridiculous times like < 2min on Akina Snow.

EDIT:
nevermind my theory on how he hacked the IR, I think I know how he did it.

This post has been edited by icedagger on Oct 15 2008, 07:15 AM
BDDEE@
Posted: Oct 15 2008, 07:05 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 21,568

i thought if someone got the naomi 2 software and IDASv3 GD-ROM working that you might be able to save each card on a kind of, save slot thing
im not really into this stuff but its an idea, saves hooking up card readers and such to peoples pc's
hahariz
Posted: Oct 17 2008, 11:34 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 25,601

QUOTE (icedagger @ Oct 15 2008, 03:48 PM)
Is there any chance we can just ask Sega for the IR software and offer to host it elsewhere?

Based on my experience with SEGA, no. Even if V3 has been long dead and not supported for years they still wont release any sort of software and whatnot, even for ANY of their game.
imprezagc8
Posted: Oct 18 2008, 12:43 AM

da true Hawaii GC8

Member No.: 14,482

this sounds like a good idea. i wish you the best of luck if you do decide to port the game or make a ranking site.
initialv
Posted: Oct 20 2008, 06:24 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 9,434

Amazing Idea, I was always hoping that somehow that someone will create a ranking system. Although I know jack all about Programming, doing 1st year Programming atm, I wish you guys the best of luck.

If this turns out perfect, I'm back into v3.

w00t2.gif
imprezagc8
Posted: Oct 25 2008, 11:12 AM

da true Hawaii GC8

Member No.: 14,482

QUOTE (initialv @ Oct 20 2008, 04:24 PM)
If this turns out perfect, I'm back into v3.

w00t2.gif

same here wink2.gif

i think alot more people would get back into playing ver. 3
redcomet121
Posted: Nov 4 2008, 06:03 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (icedagger @ Oct 14 2008, 11:48 PM)
1. Collect as many accurate passwords and driver id keys as possible and try to figure out the password encoding/encryption.

So i just read this and think that everyone can obtain accurate passwords+id keys from the card. If everyone post them here and someone just figure out how IR works, we can reboot IR.

It just that no one has that much time to solve it I think grin2.gif .
FD3SIzDaBest
Posted: Nov 4 2008, 08:54 AM

It's All or Nothing Right Now

Member No.: 10,657

Good luck with this.
Have a few times that I wanted to put up but missed the deadline.
Definitely would play again if the competitiveness returned with IR.
Cowman715
Posted: Nov 4 2008, 10:30 AM

The only Miata driver around

Member No.: 14,640

ID3 is now at Tri County Flea Market, it's the old PPG machines, but with reset records.

f**king play
razorsuKe
  Posted: Nov 4 2008, 01:07 PM

IDW Goldmember

ok well let me post an update and answer some questions.

1) I've driven to every possible outlet of an arcade in my city, there are no more v3s with card readers.

2) The guy with the last hacked records on v3, (reyherks with MR2) doesn't know JACKSHIT ALL about ANYTHING, for sure
For those who don't know him, he's a grade A moron.

3) As I've previously said, I doubt we can expect any help from sega just because their american/english branch won't have the info that we need or the authority to get it and talking directly with the japanese branch will be more difficult than learning OO-language and programming it myself.

4) If someone can contact those emulator guys, I could definitely help them out and/or work on the IR code with them.
But so far, as far as I know, they haven't done jackshit yet.
Sil80Drifter
Posted: Nov 6 2008, 02:23 AM

#1 Street Fighter Fan

Member No.: 19,411

QUOTE (razorsuKe @ Nov 4 2008, 01:07 PM)
ok well let me post an update and answer some questions.

1) I've driven to every possible outlet of an arcade in my city, there are no more v3s with card readers.

2) The guy with the last hacked records on v3, (reyherks with MR2) doesn't know JACKSHIT ALL about ANYTHING, for sure
For those who don't know him, he's a grade A moron.

3) As I've previously said, I doubt we can expect any help from sega just because their american/english branch won't have the info that we need or the authority to get it and talking directly with the japanese branch will be more difficult than learning OO-language and programming it myself.

4) If someone can contact those emulator guys, I could definitely help them out and/or work on the IR code with them.
But so far, as far as I know, they haven't done jackshit yet.

is reykerks the same as JAILY? or is it another person? iv seen jaily at my arcade and i live in vancouver..
razorsuKe
  Posted: Nov 6 2008, 04:39 AM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (Sil80Drifter @ Today at 4:23 AM)
is reykerks the same as JAILY? or is it another person? iv seen jaily at my arcade and i live in vancouver..

They are different people.

jaily is just some guy who thought he was hot shit until the internet-ID community called him out and we never heard from him again.

reyherks is some fag from indonesia, malaysia or singapore (I can't remember which) who goes out of his way to live his life for the sole purpose of annoying people who play ID.
shuya80
Posted: Dec 6 2008, 12:15 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 28,515

^^cory u forgot to add in mt also. and also in bg4. aha i remeber when i was playing v3...he'd only fish little kids with his so called lvl 31 cars and only play his own cars. and if anyone comes in with decent skills he turns off challenging to challenge u with a different car. lies to ppl about his tas...etc.
initialv
Posted: Mar 5 2009, 01:12 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 9,434

Well, don't know how I happen to stumble upon razorsuKe's page,
and then I saw this:-

https://kishu.ca/customir/index.html

progress?
razorsuKe
  Posted: Mar 5 2009, 11:48 AM

IDW Goldmember

no that was just one of the many things I made public to help ppl having trouble putting their times on IR.

Basically if you wanted japanese IR on english, you'd use that form, or if you wanted your record on the "secret area"
Also you wouldn't have to login to IR to put a time up, you could just use that.

But it's all gone now so that page is useless haha
redcomet121
Posted: Sep 12 2009, 11:01 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Okay we do have hand made IR now...

http://bbs.17utt.com/thread-211391-1-1.html

So many record were beat, especially tsuchisaka ob.

Old player like catking and KARL still play.

Anyone want to back in a move?
JaeMok
Posted: Sep 17 2009, 12:23 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 32,771

I would love to post my mediocre times but that site is in chinese. sad.gif
Lunar
Posted: Jul 30 2010, 04:06 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 6,456

QUOTE (redcomet121 @ Sep 12 2009, 11:01 PM)
Okay we do have hand made IR now...

http://bbs.17utt.com/thread-211391-1-1.html

So many record were beat, especially tsuchisaka ob.

Old player like catking and KARL still play.

Anyone want to back in a move?

Thanks. I was looking for a decent working IR still alive out there....lol

By the way, in your link there's an easier and more organized site (imo) linked there too.

Edit: It's apparently not up-to-date, it's lacking the ligaroti WRs for example, but hey at least we can have a general idea. shifty2.gif

http://www.rp-taki.com/~rp-taki/webapps/li...&view=latest#15

I'm planning on making a comeback, once I finish some personal stuff. I'll give these dudes some happo competition, since basically all the other maps have already been whored to their limit... laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Lunar on Jul 30 2010, 04:11 AM
redcomet121
Posted: Jul 30 2010, 11:04 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (Lunar @ 6 hours, 57 minutes ago)
Thanks. I was looking for a decent working IR still alive out there....lol

By the way, in your link there's an easier and more organized site (imo) linked there too.

Edit: It's apparently not up-to-date, it's lacking the ligaroti WRs for example, but hey at least we can have a general idea. shifty2.gif

http://www.rp-taki.com/~rp-taki/webapps/li...&view=latest#15

I'm planning on making a comeback, once I finish some personal stuff. I'll give these dudes some happo competition, since basically all the other maps have already been whored to their limit... laugh.gif

You can do happo, but watch out the japanese (Daiki,RodomanR and Crolla) because they still active.

I'm on akagi uh right now grin2.gif
Lunar
Posted: Jul 30 2010, 01:38 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 6,456

QUOTE (redcomet121 @ 2 hours, 34 minutes ago)
You can do happo, but watch out the japanese (Daiki,RodomanR and Crolla) because they still active.

I'm on akagi uh right now  grin2.gif

Yeah, thanks for the heads up...haha But I prefer it this way, it's what makes ID3 so fun in the first place... ^^
It will be very cool if I can compete with those guys...heh

Go for Akagi UH record !! grin2.gif

This post has been edited by Lunar on Jul 30 2010, 01:39 PM

3 Pages  1 2 3